Who /cad/ here? Got a new cts last month

Who /cad/ here? Got a new cts last month.

Consumer reports says the CTS handles and drives better than the 5 series but Veeky Forums doesn't talk about it

Other urls found in this thread:

carsales.com.au/car/dealer/private/demo/cadillac/cts/?sortby=~Price&silo=stock&WT.z_srchsrcx=makemodel
youtube.com/watch?v=1xVT6JoiXfI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>buying a luxury car for handling
I hate this meme

This guy has a point, but handling is still a valid point of comparison for any vehicle on the road.

OP I can't validate or deny that claim, but I can tell you that the 5 series certainly has a higher ceiling in the handling department.

>but Veeky Forums doesn't talk about it
It's a boring mid-size sedan.
What do you expect?

In terms of comfort the 5 series should have better comfort especially if the CTS has P-Zeroes runflats. The CTS walks over the 5 series in terms of handling with the magnetic ride. The main difference between the two vehicles is if you need to fit adults in the back seat, the CTS's packaging is bad.

Instead Veeky Forums talks about the latest mechanical breakdown of their e39, where split folding rear seats is an upgrade

There is one user who owns an ATS that breaks down a lot. If that's any conciliation.

The runflats are standard but most owners ditch them when the tread wares. Even the base engine in the cts 2.0t is more potent than the 528's 2.0t

The P-Zeroes will transfer a lot of the road bumps to the cabin but most people switch to Pilot Super Sports. That being said, if you're buying a CTS without the twin turbo v6 or supercharged v8, you're doing it wrong.

0-60 in 5.7 isn't good enough?

>Consumer reports says
interesting

but I cant afford v6 or v8 in yurop is 2.0tt that bad?

Due to depreciation, a 2014 CPO CTS V-Sport with the twin turbo v6 costs the same as a 2.0t.

The 2.0 is a single turbo. The 2.0t is notorious for going through pistons. Unfortunately you're screwed due to displacement and import taxes.

yes I know it's not the best engine, but I don't wan't another german mobile(I'm sick of paying 30-50 gs for absolutely nothing except muh badge), I'm leaning towards an escalade becouse I can register it as a truck and this means cheaper insurance and other taxes, i don't care about mpgs. My only problem is the price of the escalade I'm sure its worth it but damn I'm just an yuropoor

Who else /eurocad/ here

do you have any pictures of your ride?

Escalades are horribly unreliable and when they will fail, no one knows how to fix them. My family has gone through a 2003 that had the entire suspension fail and 2011 that motor just failed.

I disagree, I know a few escalade owners. I'm sure it has its problems just like any other luxury vehicle especially if it's not new, but it's the same thing with range rovers(probably even worse), bmw 7 series, older mercedes SUVs, audis... like I said i had enough of "muh german quality"

sure thing m8

If you are driving it, you need to expect some handling dynamics. Poorfag, eh?

Wow that's cool dude! How's it like driving anAmerican car in EU? Have you been to the Americas?

Well, for one the majority of people think Cadillac still makes slow boxy 7L land yachts. And people often refer to it as Chrysler... But everyone seems to like it regardless. Until they ask about fuel consumption, which is tad different from their tar throwing diesel cancer cars.

Oh yea, and I have been to US. Didn't drive a Caddy there though.

Might be talking about me, its got a lot of problems but warranty takes care of it.

Love the car as a drivers car, my dad had a e90 335d I have driven and the handling is very similar, but the cadi was a little more than half the price.

However its not a very good luxury car, and everyone but the driver is not very comfortable.

The 335 and ats are both just too small for anyone to be comfy outside of the driver.

If you want cabin comfort, look at the new CT6. Better than 750d IMO

>750d
>d
>tractor noises
>comfort

>its not a 5.0l liter diesel

So is Trump going to stop Cadillac from importing CT6 PEHVs from China to Meriga?

>The main difference between the two vehicles is if you need to fit adults in the back seat, the CTS's packaging is bad.
Still? I had a sit in the previous generation, and it was comically bad. Size of a 5-series, rear seat space of a 1-series.

The alpha platform is horrible for anything other than performance. The backseat and trunk is smaller than my Camry. They didn't include a spare tire in the trunk and the battery is in the trunk too. At least I can get in the backseat behind my driving position in the CTS. I can't even get my foot in the rear seat of an ATS.

wassup euro caddy bro

Youve gotta wedge your toes underneath the driver seat, kinda comfy once your in there

No need, the battery pack takes up basically the whole trunk, no one will buy them.

cts is the best caddy you can buy period, ct6 is too expensive for my pockets but a damn nice machine

i just had to save that pic

The CTS is also the most reliable Cadillac that you can buy. Not that being the most reliable Cadillac is an accomplishment.

i dissagree i think they are preety reliable but they definetely have to improve

I always found this picture funny, ATS is most reliable and least reliable at the same time.

I have a 13 ATS4 3.6. Love it honestly. Comfy, quick, and handles well when I need it to. I don't drive THAT often, but enjoy the hell out of it when I do.

Also never had an issue with CUE at all like most people complained about when I was researching the ATS.

They fixed most of the major issues with CUE in the 2014 models and the 2016+ years have Android auto and Apple Carplay. That being said, CUE ignores most of my inputs when I try to use it. Good luck trying to change the radio stations while driving if you don't have any of them favorited.

I'm white I swear. 76,000 miles on it.

I rarely listen to radio anymore since its mostly shit, but I did favorite a few channels. I just listen to podcasts or pandora through bluetooth so no issue there.

I think I've only had 1 issue where the screen lagged out a bit going to Nav or A/C. I've just been pretty lucky thus far I suppose.

Was proud of the clay bar job I did so took a pic right after. Shitty summer heat/trees blooming made it almost a moot point now. Now just looking for a decent front plate to put on since I don't want to deal with filling the license plate holes.

I find myself wishing I had a land yacht like this now. Safe in a crash scenario, comfy as FUCK to drive ... I just still need to weave in and out of dumbasses in traffic so that the only downside right now heh. My parents had a few of these as I was growing up and thats some goooood sleep on them seats.

Nice, user, I like it!

Veeky Forums doesn't talk about the 5 series either. The fuck is your point?

>mfw I want to shitpost incessantly in /landyacht/ but I don't because my '94 was one of the few in the generation to have FWD but not a shitty northstar gasket bomb inside it so I don't feel like I deserve to post it.
The insides are beautiful and I love driving it. My only regret is that it isn't a manual. You could totally get one too, it's super fucking cheap. I got mine for $1,600 just walking by it one day and said "Fuck it, that's mine now." and bought it the next day.
If i'm honest, I love this car and I plan on keeping it as pristine as I can, although I just found out some faggot door-dinged me and now i've got this smudge in the side of my car. What do you drive?

thats kinda slow feeling senpai

I can not afford one
but there is a club of them near by most are deville convertible
but there is a 1908 model s and a ctsv

its fucking ugly

Why cant they bring the new ones to aus?

carsales.com.au/car/dealer/private/demo/cadillac/cts/?sortby=~Price&silo=stock&WT.z_srchsrcx=makemodel

Holy fucking ripoff batman

m8 I'd like to buy a Tahoe in Europe and that kind of a car costs two to four times more than an SUV/pick-up of similar attributes (besides the engine, of course). In fact, they're more expensive than Escalades.

god damn burgers, you have great cars for sooo cheap

Thinking of going /CAD/ with a 1958 restored psycho billy Cadillac. Should I cop? It's this or a 92 crx and a 68 poncho

Cad here.

It looks good in the picture, but I'm skeptical about the price. The thing to keep in mind about this car is that it is a 60 Special, which is different from the standard DeVille series. This car was designed to fit between the DeVilles and the Fleetwood Limos. It rides on a longer wheelbase and has its own trim and interior components which could be hard to locate since they only built 12,000 of these cars in 1958. If it is in good shape then do it! I love big Caddies!

This is mine, sorry I should have linked it ... forgot about no IDs

They still haven't fixed the piston deaths in the newer ones?

GM warranties the drivetrain thru 70k miles, so an early piston issue should be covered

This is why Lexus/Infiniti/Acura exist retard.

Fuck burger cars
Fuck kraut shit too

No.

Just tariff thay chink built shit until they build it in burger land instead.

It will probably end up being a giant POs and hopefully GM will go out of business, so it can restructure privately and kick all the union goons put and actually start making good cars instead of accountant / committee driven shitboxes.

MAGA!

Fug

>carmax
Did carmax put chinese tires on your car like all of their others they sell?

Basketball Amerigan detected

I owned several jap cars when I couldn't afford better cars and they were shit but at least they are cheap. We don't have acura in EU and I don't like lexus. The only cars I wil drive in future will either be german or prefferably american.

yeah it's a mean machine

It's not exciting as the others like E-Class, 5 series or other shit. But Cadillacs look good tho.

it's way more exciting to drive than boring germans, what are you talking about

I seriously hate that glossy plastic center console. I wish Cadillac changed the interior and make it something like the CT6 has.

>no volume knob

But I'm European and would love to own a Cadillac in the near future once my financial state is stable enough.

yeah, me too, euro caddy bros unite!!! Unlike you I don't mind the glossy center console(I kinnda like it) but then again I agree the ct6 has the best interior or the escalade at least in my opinion

But m8, Cadillacs are more handle-friendly and fun to drive than any cars in it's class.

this

the escalade has the most boring and uninspired interior a big expensive suv will ever have

it looks like they "tried" to make it look expensive

look at it it's just a tahoe dressed in an expensive gown

fucking americans and their "luxury suv" logic

also there's a video on youtube showing the noticeable wood imperfections i'm tooo lazy to link it but check it

but yeah ct6 interior looks very good

and still I absolutelly love it, and it's not just a dressed up tahoe( I guess you are one of those who is always bringing the tahoe thing when we are talking about hummers and escalades), interior in the escalade is amazing it's a fucking SUV so it should be more simplistic and easy to live with not the complicated range rover interior wich would work better in a sedan not SUV

HAHAHA actually yes! Very shitty tires, and since they have so much damn tread I hate to pay to replace them til I at least get them worn in more. (or the previous owner was too cheap for good ones). Other than that I do really love the car. The light blades are just sexy as fuck.

>no volume knob
>has steering controls
Why are you even bitching?

>look at it it's just a tahoe dressed in an expensive gown

Well yeah, that's how you make a luxury SUV. Top trim Tahoes are fucking comfy m8.

Because knobs are better than some touchy-fiddly glass?

Am I the only one that likes the cts coupe?

I'm thinking about getting one next year

it looks like a prius from the back.

Also that back window would provide no visibility so there's that.

Well, it's arse is gigantic. You know, black-woman gigantic.

But it's great car. Especially the V one.

youtube.com/watch?v=1xVT6JoiXfI

no, I like them too

The rear end is stupidly tall
Makes the car seem like it has an absurd amount of rake
Other than that its really cool

I don't mind that. I just not am comfy with touch capacitive shit.

same here but buttons are sadly going out of fashion

I love my V coupe. Nothing really bad I can say about it except gas mileage. Had it for over a year now and it still makes me smile every time I step hard on the gas.
It looks a lot better in person. It's just really hard to photograph a car with distinctive styling like that.

its ugly af and is just a boring box for midlife crisisfags

dont see what there is to talk about

that goes for Cadillacs in general

looks amazing cadillac people always knew how to design a car except a few cars(cimmaron, caterra) and the midlifecrisis does not goes just for cadillacs but basicly for other sedans as well

Are you actually 13 years old

there are plenty of ugly Cadillacs in the 50s and 80s

last good looking Cadis were the 90s

sorry Im not 43 gramps

I really like the Caddy. That's not bad at all if it's a half-decent restoration.

Well, the Caterra is a rebadged Opel Omega.

And desu I quite like that design.

>Who /cad/ here?
I do.

proper caddy enthusiast

yes I know what it is, what design you prefer is completely your thing my problem is it does not represent the caddy design heritage one bit and is just boring and to me slightly disgusting

02 Eldorado here. 180k on the clock now after a trip from GA to NY

nice car man

Don't those cars have northstar engines? how did you manage to get one to 180k miles? i heard those engines were very fragile.

Northstars are actually super resilient. Once you replace the head studs with non-shit parts they will run forever.

>buying a luxury car to drive
sounds like you're the poorfag here