Twingo Thread

Twingo loves me, this I know
for Veeky Forums's bible tells me so
A little car that's big and tall
We're all weak to its charm

Other urls found in this thread:

leboncoin.fr/voitures/1053286504.htm?ca=12_s
cockpitdekor.com/de/renault-cockpit-dekor/333466-renault-twingo-0998-0704-mittelkonsole-armaturendekor-cockpit-dekor-12-parts-4000444789466.html
truckstyler-shop.de/Cockpit-decor-suitable-for-Renault-Twingo-model-C06_1
ebay.de/itm/RENAULT-TWINGO-9-98-7-04-ALU-OPTIK-COCKPIT-VERKLEIDUNG-KONSOLEN-DEKOR-12-TEILE-/141476156641?hash=item20f0a2d4e1:g:9xgAAOSw44BYLNGh
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>tfw will never own a twingo

>tfw own a twingo but too poor to ever afford anything fast
It's a great little car but seeing porches driving around the city makes me a little jealous.

Shouldn't have vote for Trump.
Can't see shit but here's what I found

Tfw Donald will support isolationist policies like the 25 year law

Tfw we might not even be able to import at all

Why did o think he would be good for us?

At least we'll keep ICE for longer

Citigo master race here.
The clutch pedal, lever and all, just dropped out of my sisters twingo at a roundabout after only 3000 miles.

Is the Twingo Veeky Forums's equivalent to the Helix fossil/Omanyte/Omastar from Twitch Plays Pokemon?

how the hell ?
did they forget to bolt the trans ?

whats the status on the twingo plushies

Would it be at all possible to get a Twingo in the us.
I read it shares a lot of similarities with the forFour and hope if that gets sold it could fall under substantially similar

Smart has no plans to release the ForFour stateside

Then I've been lied to.
Well I guess moving to Europe remains an option

why not just buy an American market Fortwo and import the Twingo front end?

Why would you want a 3rd gen Twingo though? IMO it's much worse than the original and the only redeeming quality is that it has a RR layout which you don't make use of that often. Well you do, since it allows for an insane steering angle. But it takes away trunk space. The new Twingo is only a city driving car really.

Didn't think to do so

I live in the metropolitan area so the new Twingo would be perfect for the area

yeah, and don't forget to do a LS swap and aux-in caraudio mod

OC

oc from me

You're a small car

for you

it looks so lost in burgerland...

Did someone actually import a meme?

he's actually a real hipster.

he had it before it became a meme.

those photos are from 2009 or something

On the ship since a few days.

How'd he even import it? Bribe someone?

I think he just swapped the VIN.

Twingo will love you back more than any other

That's actually a real curse.

Once you have one, it gets harder to get rid of that car each day if you someday decide you want to get something else.
Many end up keeping it as second car or keep it in the garden somewhere.

Things may also go really bad and you start Twingo hoarding.

please no

PLEASE YES!

Love the first gen Twingo, they never made them RHD for the UK though ;_;

I remember being a kid in the 90s and having one as a rental car in the south of France, was so cool. It was like a baby turd yellow

It is some early model, 93 to 95 I would say.
But still, not 25 year old. How did he managed to import it?

Just came across the ultimate Twingo.

Very last model, ultimate trim level, low millage.
All options and the super rare leather steering wheel.

God... I want it.
leboncoin.fr/voitures/1053286504.htm?ca=12_s

How can a little car be big? Must be some poetic license thing.

It's big in our hearts.

>Very last model

>mfw

still... true, it's the twingo with the most chevaux under the hood and it's delightfully nimble at 850kg

fuck, I accidentally read "very fast model"

nvm...

That's a Nissan S-Cargo if I'm not mistaken, get out you imposter.

Wait, did I miss the plushie buy time again?

>How can a little car be big?
inside. Big inside.

I want one and will be able to import one in ~2yrs to burgerland

What sort of performance mods can be done with the car? The engine bay is so tiny

>Tfw we might not even be able to import at all
Thank the lord

No, I'll be fixing the website in the next two weeks and get ready for taking orders.

Turbo, engine swap in a larger displacement i4, for example the renault 1.4T or some madman fit a 2.0 from the Clio. With fabbing and maybe moving the firewall a bit, you could cram a bunch of things in there.

>baby turd yellow
Good engineering. Most small cars are small on the inside but not Twingo.
I've seen some K4J swaps (Renault 1.4 16v). I was thinking of borrowing my mom's Megane and somehow rear ending it and totalling everything except the engine and then swap it into my Twingo but I rejected that idea for obvious reasons.
A meme swap would be the 1.4T from Renault 5, appearently it bolts right in. If you manage to get the 16v version (which you will not because 1999+) you could try swapping the D4FT from the new models. The 1.2 16v D4F engine is still used to this day and there's a turbocharged version that makes 100hp if I'm not mistaken.
You can try pic related for shits and giggles.

>Cone cabin filter
That's rad

they were really clever with the room concept and really pinched the tiniest bit of room out of that shit to make it usable inside

wa-was this done to the tune of "Jesus Loves Me"?
If so, very clever.

Oh ! Un amateur de POA?

lov u bro. How much will each one be?

I'm a fag who doesn't spend much time on Veeky Forums
where can I order one?

That is a great news!

bump

How big is your folder by now?

empty. My hard drive crashed. waiting on new laptop to come in.

Can we make this meme into a religion plz? We can call it Twingoism.
And lo. Then the lord said "Hon Hon Hon" and everything was good

you could ask /pol/ if twingo gets a place in KEKism.
apparently there are quite a few twingofags on that board.

>kek

It's French (frogs), it looks a bit frog-like, it's smug as fuck and it's Veeky Forums's god of GETs.

Impressive

MAKE AMERICA HON AGAIN

>tfw no rl twingo to test pillar wrappings

I've been thinking of redoing the headliner, painting the grey dash and center console black, and putting in fiberoptic wire for a star roof, and the wrap would go really well woth the aesthetic. Only problem is I have a glass sunroof so there isnt much space to make it work, and might look strange.

they kinda remind me of bunnies

>and might look strange.
that's the beauty of it

spectacular tits.

>blacked

Blue board, faggot.

interesting how just a few centimeters of lowering makes them a look a fuckton wider and flush.

they're some chubby bitches I gotta say

You should see one for real, they're adorably small. And yet, 4 people can easily fit inside. Fucking frog space magic, man.

I imagine the braking distance is almost doubled with 4 inside, too lol

The heaviest ones still clocked in under 900kg, so that wouldn't surprise me.

#MAHA
/pol/ would appreciate

>super rare leather steering wheel

u jelly ?

Is that the kind they put in the initiales? Cause if so I guess I'm in the leather club too (blocks down)

676 items plus subfolders.

yup it's a gray initiale steering wheel that i got for free and tinted/sealed in black. still didnt have time to install it today because of picrel (old opel restoration bullshit took all day, i was supposed to take care of twingo today, oh well)

REAL HUMAN BEAN

Nice! Have you done cosmetic work on other parts of the car? I've been wanting to paint the grey plastic parts of the interior a really dark blue or black, but don't really know where to start or what paint to use, as plastic is one of the fre things I avoided working with when I was younger.

nope it's still exactly the same as in this months old pic. (except it's got more stickers on the trunk, i buy local town stickers everywhere i go with it and stick them on the trunk lid) i've just been driving it everywhere and doing regular maintenance. 0 problems to report so far, i cant believe how reliable this thing has been

i got a green metallic Perrier limited foglight button i pulled at the junkyard tho.

i wouldn't paint interior parts, it always ends up looking like shit in my experience. there are some vinyl sticker kits for the twingo interior on the internet however. i've been debating putting some fake wood grain. but i'm weird and i'm the only person under 40 that likes wood grain in his cars.

>I was the OP of that thread

>vinyl sticker sets
Would you mind pointing me towards them? I've looked around for pretty much everything twingo interior related but couldn't find much unfortunately.
>i've been debating putting some fake wood grain. but i'm weird and i'm the only person under 40 that likes wood grain in his cars
Do it, would look pretty good with the orange and the Jägermister sticker imo. Also love the town sticker thing, I'm assuming you got a burgerking one as well?

>I'm assuming you got a burgerking one as well?

yup, she earned it

cockpitdekor.com/de/renault-cockpit-dekor/333466-renault-twingo-0998-0704-mittelkonsole-armaturendekor-cockpit-dekor-12-parts-4000444789466.html

truckstyler-shop.de/Cockpit-decor-suitable-for-Renault-Twingo-model-C06_1

ebay.de/itm/RENAULT-TWINGO-9-98-7-04-ALU-OPTIK-COCKPIT-VERKLEIDUNG-KONSOLEN-DEKOR-12-TEILE-/141476156641?hash=item20f0a2d4e1:g:9xgAAOSw44BYLNGh

some examples of what you can find. be careful because the MK1 and MK2 twingo interiors are different.

Those pre-eu plates always looked so badass.

really miss them together with the mandatory yellow high beams of back then.

I wonder if it's actually still legal to drive with yellow beams

>0 problems to report so far, i cant believe how reliable this thing has been
tell that to all those shitposters that claim they know better how awful this car is and that they don't understand how anyone can like it

Many thanks orangetwingo! If you ever stop by Hungary let me know in one of these threads, I'd love to see it in person.

it is. source: i drive with yellow lights

ofc. hungary isn't on my list yet but you never know

i honestly expected shit reliability as this car belonged to the french highway maintenance company for the first 10 years of its life, and then was sold to someone in a poor-ass ghetto town. this is how it was when i got it. turns out it was actually mechanically sound. the ONLY thing i had to do to it was front brake pads when i got it (13 euros). other than that, oil, filters and other maintenance items. oh and an accessory belt just to be safe before taking off for a 500km roadtrip to norway, but it was just for peace of mind

5000km not 500. *

These orange twingos have increased fiscal CVs no? makes them lose quite a bit of appeal

nope. mine is 4CV like any other twungi

paid 90 bucks for the registration (which is still too expensive as it's half the price of the whole car. for a piece of paper.)

there were some of those orange twungis that were equipped with LPG tho so be careful when buying. or don't if you like LPG, i personally didnt want it since i have some experience with troubleshooting/fixing LPG systems and they're a pain in the ass to fix (and expensive). + special, more expensive inspection. the twingo drinks E85 anyway, 15 euro fill up for the win

>brake pads
>13 euros

Fuck, that car is adorable.

These are breasts