>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webm
Map: google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI
Ergos: cycle-ergo.com/
Nobody reads this: →
Watch people crash (with sound) Previous abomination: →
>SEM 3.0 Location poll
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScazO824cHFQyqffI1sxMTwJVxVF_ZgZXGk5I5Dw1_NAvemDg/viewform#responses

Questions of thread:
A E S T H E T I C S the visually pleasing jew or?

Other urls found in this thread:

barbermuseum.org/events/barber-vintage-festival/
youtube.com/watch?v=UloWM11adWM
vf750fd.com/motorbikes/H2r1.html
youtube.com/watch?v=EFtNoAEJ1W4
advrider.com/index.php?threads/exiles-dr650-tat-build-prep.522397/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>80s-90s sport bikes
My
fucking
fetish

Thoughts on the kawasaki vulcan s?
Is it truly superior to the street 750?

Also why do you guys hate cruisers so much

If you come across a 2 stroke GP bike and purchase it, you don't own it. You're the custodian. You take care of that bike, and you thrash the shit out of it.

>don't go fast
>can't go off road as well as any other bike configuration
>heavy
>almost all of them are mechanically identical v-twins with different final drives
>doesn't corner as well as a standard
>the best cruisers have boxer engines, an inline twin or a v-4, despite dickriding the v-twin, which is a meme in cruisers
What's there to love?
>comfort
>murika
You can do anything a cruiser does on a standard, and you can hoon better on it. Plus standards are better off road. (even though they're not suited to it.)
The Vulcan is one of the better ones. Kawi's power, it's got an inline twin, and it's pretty high tech to boot. Wait for the idiots to buy them new and get them on the used market for cheap.
Never buy a new bike.

But i already have a standard
(Well my dad does and its great but hard on the ass for long drives)

It's better than the street 750, id rather have an 883 though. Better resale

And you are rich and not likely ITT. Thrashing is optional if it can never be repaired. It's obsolete anyway so blowing up something cheaper is an option. At some point history belongs in a museum.

Buy an old Honda Magna or one of the GL1100s before they turned into retirement machines.
Or, yanno, stick to standards. Your butt's gonna hurt on any long ride. Cruisers are just more comfy.

Yeah, but if you just let it sit in a museum, it never gets used. And when you're talking about tools and toys like cars, museums are actually pretty shite.
And yeah, 2 stroke GP bikes are expensive.

You will never find cruiser love ITT so stop inquiring. Is /dbt/ your only source of information? Cruisers are the devil and you can't like them.

For long drives, get tourer or sport tourer for more comfort. Kawasaki sold a shitload of Concours for good reason.

>It's better than the street 750, id rather have an 883 though. Better resale

Zero horsepower though, and the rubbermount ones are heavier by 50 lbs or so with zero horsepower. If your main consideration is resale, not buying a bike you so urgently want to get rid of in the first place is a thing. The way to smash total "operation and maintenance" cost per mile to low levels is buy the bike you really want and ride it for a long time. If can't afford, buy an expendable bike and hoard latinum until can afford better bike, then keep the shitbike as backup.

There are heaps of 883 and 1200s out there used for cheep and they are quite easy to take care of or modify if want. I wouldn't buy new.

>museums are actually pretty shite.

Barber comes to mind as emphatically not shite, and they are rich enough to maintain the fleet as runners. If you want runners for yourself then go buy a GP bike, but all that is run wears out and "use" is no argument with the enormous flood of other motorcycles.

It's easy to advocate use when you don't own one. The other fellow should burn his unobtanium parts up! :)

Go at least once in your life.People fly in from all over the globe for good reason. The awesomeness cannot be understated:

barbermuseum.org/events/barber-vintage-festival/

It's a really good idea to ride an ancient, difficult to control hand built motorcycle that only had enough parts for a few dozen at best, half a dozen more likely and hasn't been officially sold for decades, and is likely out performed by modern street legal supersports anyways.

I mean I would. They called the widowmakers. I might not have a wife but I'm still cool with dying.

Why is it so hard to get rid of that last 3/8" chicken strip? I can sometimes put a knee down and IMO corner pretty fast but when leaning it over much further than I already do the bike seems to wallow, the front wheel and bars want to dip in towards the turn and either the bike stands back up or I'm unconsciously correcting what feels like a front wheel slide.

Could this just be from wearing down the tire to the same lean such that there's a sharp angle where the strip begins? Is it just my shit touring tires? I'm really trying to push the bike into a steeper lean but it becomes so unstable past a certain amount that the bike just wants to stand up a little bit more.

The concern is more about how an amateur is potentially destroying a collector's piece and a historical artifact, along with the wear on parts that can't be easily replaced.

>can't be easily replaced
>2 strokes
Dude if you have enough money for an NSR500 then you definitely have enough money to get replacement parts made
>b-b-but they're not OEM!
Any not shit machine shop could make every part for an NSR500 save for maybe an engine block if you threw enough cash at them. It's not like every single engine doesn't work on the same basic principles. While the parts may be different, they all generally work the same and remaking them isn't super hard, especially when you have an original to go off of.

What tires are you using, what's the condition of the tarmac, what sizes, what bike, etc?

Are you warming them up beforehand?

This is all really important to actually doing that stuff and you might just not have the right tires to get your bike down that far. Having improperly sized tires will also change max lean angle, as I start to lose a bit of traction at higher lean angles since my front tire is a 120/60 instead of a 120/70.

What does /dbt/ think of Triumph Bikes? PArticularly a Thruxton?

Saw one last week, spend hours on the web trying to find what bike it is and I wet myself when I see one on the road.

Gpz 900 cant find any others for sale atm.
Considering insuring it

gay shit, also unreliable

Various factors at play user.

>what bike
>what tires
>tire size
>what tire pressure
>what road condition
>what weather

>Is it just my shit touring tires?

Strong possibility. You don't have enough grip to use the entire tire on Dunlop Qualifiers or Michelin Pilot Streets, especially on smaller sizes.

Looking for gpz 750's and I cant find any, anywhere

>Triumph
Not even once

Straya scenc as fuck

As of today I am no longer
>nobike

Post bike pictures

MY
EYESSS

that's a nice picture
I might go take some new ones today

It's in the garage right now and it's already dark so I can't make any pictures now but I'll probably take it out tomorrow and make some pictures.

What bike is it?
I bet it's pic related

2009 er6f

What's it like to be the only R3 fag that hasn't crashed yet?

>his garage doesn't have lights
y tho

>tfw no 50cc pocketbike to hoon around on
Kinda wanna get one to fuck around in the snow with

Ooh I bet that's comfy
Can't wait to see pictures!
Remember to always be safe and ride within your limits
We don't need any more crashed anons, we met the quota for the year.

Feels good man
Itll probably happen eventually, but I'm trying my hardest not to.

It's not gas powered, it's a razor crotch rocket or whatever they're called. I had one when I was little, they went like 13 mph but that was fast as fuck when you're that young and that close to the ground

>tfw I had a 50cc 2smoke pocket rocket when I was 5
Feels gud. Still have scars from crashing it too.

>13mph
Holy shit a kid is barely able to do that on a bicycle, crashing with one would be like jumping on your face from 10ft

I wanted to fuck her in the butt before I even realized vaginal sex was a thing

I don't know about that, you're so low to the ground that I doubt you'd get hurt too bad.
It is pretty quick tho.

Who, Lum?
I feel ya on that.

Installed muh airsal 70cc kit on mah god tier am6. After installing it i noticed that the crankshaft doesnt move when i kick it, and now ill have to open the fucking shitbox again.

Hello /dbt/, I need your help. I am trying to hook up the brake light switch connecting my master cylinder to the bike but I have no idea how the fuck I am supposed to wire the two together.

The top part goes into the master cylinder, I got that right. But the bottom are these two separate cable tips and all I have on my bike is some clip-style electrical socket-looking input thing that fits two prongs.

How the fuck do I plug this in?

There are lights but it is pretty cramped in there so it's not ideal for photos.

>front starts to dip into turn
Yeah sounds like you shouldn't go any faster. Losing the front is no good.

You will have to find the right wires and get some connectors to make it fit

If you ever find yourself going too fast on a cruiser you're screwed. They sacrifice manueverability for aesethetics. They sacrifice everything but engine displacement for aesthetics.

If you whisky throttle on pretty much ANY other bike you still have lean.

Get an adv/sports tourer if you want a comfy bottom. Or commit heresy and fit a nicer seat and higher bars to a sportbike.

Leaning more is never the goal. Riders in motoGP hang off the bike and stick their elbows down because they don't want to lean any more than necessary.

More lean = less traction = less fast

ABOUT TO PICK UP TT

In the area I live, cruiser fags go so fucking fast. It's no surprise why so many of them get into wrecks. At least on a sport bike you can slow down prior to the crash. Good luck slowing down on your fucking 800 pound single rotor 2 piston brake system

Bike is a zx9r
F: pirelli diablo strada 120/70
R: pirelli angel st 180/55
I've been told these tyres don't compare to proper sports tyres but my last bike could get down to next to no strips fine on similar rubber. They're cheap and have lasted quite a while so I can accept that.
I actually forgot I had different tyres on front and rear lul, maybe that's a good starting point.

The roads are decent conditon I suppose. I run them at about 32/34 to 36/38. I've experimented a lot with tyre pressures, I have tried higher but the rear spins way too easily and the front skids a little on braking. Lower and cornering just feels plain wrong (slow & strange steering response and bouncy feeling). I try to warm them up before I push them. I've set the bike sag properly and damping a bit but haven't seen a pro for it.

It's probably just me really, I haven't taken this bike to the track yet and I'm too poor to fix it if I crash so that's always in my mind on the road.. but getting a bit more out of it would be nice.

I hope not because tomorrows ride is going to be balls deep. It's either me or the bike that's going to scrape the ground. Preferably just me.

I don't have a way to show you my body position but when I can't turn faster without leaning more I hang off pretty far. I can scrape a knee (with my leg turned pretty ridiculously I admit) but I'm not yet using the whole tyre.

Doesn't mean you can't still take pics tho mane.

max comfy

I need to pick a penpal out of these, they're finnish, swede, dutch, french, norge and french again.

Wich would you pick?

80 year old chinese man in panties

Honestly I'd write to all of them. It's a fucking penpal you can't make this decision until you've read their letters. It's probably just some dude with a fetish anyway.

Mmm good point, but that takes effort.

I changed my brake pads, rotors, and fluid. Not really sure if my braking is better or worse since it's been 2 weeks since I started the process.

Just open the side cover and check you didn't strip the vari teeth

It only takes effort if you check and edit what you're writing to them. Write your mail in one take and send it with no regrets. If you spent the same time on Veeky Forums as writing mail to these 'girls' you'd not notice the difference.

>They called the widowmakers.

By idiots. I've ridden most of the street Jap two strokes and that's bullshit. Ideal handling? No, so use them for drag racing like most people did. What was impressive hp then is a yawner today.

Go pick a modern motorcycle and PROPERLY, and by that I mean PERIOD CORRECT style and no hipster changes like a square bare seat or exhaust wrap or the usual garbage, cafe it and get the best of both worlds. The parts are out there.

Alternate option, get a vintage Jap two stroke and do PERIOD CORRECT cosmetics on that. The vintage jap motorcycle club is a good resource. You can still buy all the parts for a Kawasaki 750 two stroke triple. If you are a masochist with too much money, you could find a Suzuki GT750 "water buffalo" liquid cooled two stroke and copy their beastly race engines.

How much money do you have? How much skill? How much knowledge? Those all matter. If infinite money just buy 'em and blow them up then have your servants restore them, but if you are that rich you should already have solved those problems and be riding.

>taking two weeks to wrench

You really don't like riding that bike, do you?

I do have an itch do get a sportbike but I like my Vulcan 750 so far. First bike, got it for $1,300 with 6,100 miles on it. Like other people have said, comfort is really the only pro but I do use it as a DD.

Have some inspiration:

youtube.com/watch?v=UloWM11adWM

vf750fd.com/motorbikes/H2r1.html

Vulcans are solid and reliable machines. No shame in that game for a DD.

>DD cruiser
>no panniers

Pfsh.

It came with leather saddlebags, but they were strewn with tassels so I'm planning on replacing them.

Just cut the tassels off?

>changed oil without changing filter

How do you find penpals

It's about handwritten letters.

That was my first though, but my wife kept telling me it would look like shit. Figured I'd get something else that is weatherproof and lockable anyways.

>owns budget cruiser
>listens to wife

top kekold baka desu senpai

It's pretty much these bags, so don't really think there's a way to make then look good anyways.

Not a big deal either. 6 letters per day isn't really much if you just finish one at a time. I'll write some for you if you want that :^) No promises on PG quality.

Figured I'd go with something like these instead.

Forgot the pic ofc.

bump

Front and rear stands make oil changes great. They keep the bike parallel to the floor and keep it upright so the sight glass is accurate.

What do you guys think of the new MT-09 Scrambler? I understand why they did it, what with Ducati and Triumph selling boatloads of Scramblers to hipsters, but those bikes are all style over function, and the MT-09 scrambler is more dirt-oriented. It's like Yamaha wants to go after the Africa Twin and Ducati at the same time...

youtube.com/watch?v=EFtNoAEJ1W4

This is easy.
Cut the wires on you new switch. Touch them to the connectors on the bike. Colors wont matter. Key on the bike and push the new switch. Brakes should light up.
Find some good weather proof bullet connectors and crimp everything together.
Amateur tip: use a female and male on the switch side and a male and female on the bike side.

you can trust me i know what im doing

This is what nightmares are made off

TT IS BACK
RUNS LIKE RAPED APE

Know whats not scary? wiring..
Chopping the frame was way more terrifying.

>Know whats not scary? wiring..

Maybe to you that pictures doesn't give you panic attacs.
When I find that at work, the first thing is a call to my boss who the fuck worked their last time and how quickly they can haul their asses to me to fix it. I ain't touching that shit.

>Chopping the frame was way more terrifying.
Why would you do that?

u wot? The whole process he described made perfect sense. The whole system was foolproof too because you could only plug it in one way so there's no way you can reverse polarity if someone else works on it.

Wiring is easy.

I haven't ridden a bike since I was a kid and used a small Honda to go to and fro on muh farm. I want to ride again, to and from work, and for fun. In my area I'd be on the street 85% of the time, should I look at dual sport bikes?

I know I sound like an insane noob but I had a friend who rode a neat looking bike, on and off the street, and he'd added a boxy, army looking green body to it, complete with gas cans mounted on a platform on the rear. I wish I knew what to google to get a picture, but I'd like to ride something like that.

P-pls advise

What do you plan on doing with the bike when you do take if off road? how far/how fast do you go when you are commuting?

Like so?

DRZ650 is usually the answer for this question and I don't see any reason it would be disqualified based on your request.

xt 660
xt 600

Going to work in on the street, between 45-60, that 15% off the street I'd be cutting through fields or woods to get somewhere fast/take the scenic route.
Actually yeah, except instead of ammo I think it was a jerry can, but still that's more or less it
I don't hate the look of this, and it's pretty cheap, nice

Yep, DR650 is good, cheap, tall.

Are there any go to body kits? Anything particularly in the vein of utilitarian/army looking? I want to feel like I'm back in a humvee, just on 2 wheels.

Or rather, anything that would look good with the ammo can panniers

Chopping the frame is the only way to make the 650r engine fit.

>Wiring is easy.
If you don't care about shit. Like when you tape up half the wires.

other side because i love the ridiculous subtlety of the bike

My first bike that I did most of my learning on was a dual sport, Yamaha XT225. Dual sports are really fun, and great to learn on. I'd totally recommend one, however, I found that 225cc became not enough really soon and that I wanted something more powerful. I'd suggest getting a ~400cc if you can.

This build is over at advrider.com/index.php?threads/exiles-dr650-tat-build-prep.522397/

Might be the sort of thing you're looking for