What is the best national chain for

What is the best national chain for

>tires
>alignments
>occasional products/services

I've used tire kingdom several times without anything going wrong.

none, use indepedent small businesses

Independent businesses don't operate nationally nor do they offer the same discounts

What's the point if I can't get service in another state

Do they do alignments?

Service your own car.

>alignment
>change tires
>DIY hundreds of miles away with no equipment

I work at pep boys as a gst, and we do pretty good work. We have this huge scary alignment machine I'm not allowed to use but it's very precise

If you're away from home long enough to need tires and alignments then you're not in a position to own a car. Lease one.

>what is track days
>what is moving/vacation
>convenience/value

>what is track days
Come prepared, this isn't unforseen.
>what is moving/vacation
If you're moving then you're not away from your tools, if you're on vacation your car shouldn't be in such shit shape that it needs work on a vacation
>convenience/value
That's exactly why you should be leasing your car if you are going to be away from home constantly.

LOL what kind of justification is this?

>track days cars should be set up well before hand
>moving = find a local shop that isn't a shitty chain
>vacation = why the fuck would you need to do an alignment or change your tires on a vacation?
>if you DO need those things, learn about the internet and go to a local place
>convenience.... How are chain shops any more convenient? You can't even talk to the owner if there is a problem, just an underpaid drone.
>Value? Most shops charge basically the same price. Few dollars difference here and there.

>my life is perfect and nothing unexpected has ever happened to me
How's it like literally living in a basement?

This

/thread

Pricing at chains is cheaper

Unlimited alignments, changeovers, numerous services can be planned out nationwide
You can't beat that

I'd wager I've had the pleasure of dealing with unexpected failures and problems far more often than you have.
It's fun.
Why can't you just admit that you're not in a position to own a car if you're out of state so often that your preferred chain store is an issue in your life?
Lease your Hyundai and you'll have peace of mind of a national dealer network, and you'll have no major maintenance, tires, brakes, suspension, alignments, anything in your ownership period.

My shop charges the exact same as the Firestone across the street. Except we don't have people coming back every week because we did such a shit job. You shouldn't need an alignment that often.
>numerous services
Of what? Alignments? How shitty are they that you have to plan that out?
>12k mile alignments in the "unlimited"
LOL it's a scam to get you in the door to buy more shit. There is NO REASON (apart from broken shit) that you should be getting alignments that often. Idiot.

>Pricing at chains is cheaper

People like you are why the world is a shithole.

How much do you get paid user

I was gonna be a gst at pepboys too

Not for tires or parts

>learn about the internet and go to a local place

This is my problem. Ive gone to more places than I can count and have never found a good one.

Name one in Georgia

He's talking about doing alignments for racing

Never go to pic related NEVER EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>tires
>alignments
wherever
>occasional parts
rockauto
>service
dealer for major service, indie shop for small stuff

/thread

I've got my tire guy, mechanic and detailer. They all care about the integrity of their work and it shows.

>tripfags
You're projecting your own problems onto someone else. Get out of the basement and off Veeky Forums and get some life experience

And no, a rape charge is not "life experience".

How do you find good people to do all these things?

Drive up and talk to them.

ask around on craigslist

>Drive up and talk to them.
Where/who?
>ask around on craigslist
You mean in the gigs section?

It's not hard to find local shops. Go when they're not busy (weekdays around noon seem to be good but avoid it on thursday/friday), pull up, and chat them up. You choose the topic. Your car, their job, "how's it going?"
Unless you're a complete social autist like Brosifine it's pretty obvious who's sketchy and who's not. Go with the not-sketchy ones.
Or learn spanish. Cornerstores are less likely to fuck you over when you both understand eachother.

Except I don't have these problems because I service my own car and haven't even left my state in 4 years.

Don't go at noon. That's lunch time. Fuck off trying to shorten my tendies time. Come at 2-3:30 M-Th.

Former TD employee AMA

Z1 Motorsports

>hasn't left the sate in 4 years
>is proud of it
>fucking Veeky Forums

>I haven't left my state in four years
So you literally haven't had any recent experience with this and your "good planning" is a result of being a neckbeard with no opportunities outside his hometown?
10/10.

You're grasping so hard.
Tell me more about me.

>you're grasping
>same guy who posted this
FYI, how shitty is your own work if you have to constantly deal with unexpected problems yet only service your car yourself?

Are you even a shitbox enthusiast?
If you don't always have something to fix you need to buy more cars.

>I only do my own service
>I constantly have problems
Sounds like you're a shit job enthusiast to me.

Lol.
Sounds like you've never owned cars before to be honest.
I rarely have repeating problems, just new ones. And It's always fun.

>motorsports shops do econoshitbox work

really?