Talk me out of buying a Lotus

Talk me out of buying a Lotus

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JTLDP28XTlg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

depends on the lotus and how often you have to drive it.

sadly most of them have and always will be irrelevant for the average user.

Why would I do that?

Lotuses are fucking awesome.

Are you ok with having your car held together with glue? If not, then I can't help you

which lotus?

111 Elise?

Lots
Of
Troubles
Usually
Serious

Lots
Of
Trouble
Usually
Serious

Looks to me like it's held together with rivets

Why wouldn't you be? There's no way you could physically weld those junctions to be as strong as the adhesive is. There are very few seam welds at all on modern vehicles, they are held together by spot welds, if you are going to be worried about a joining method that's the one I would be concerned about.

I was in the same situation as you. I really wanted to get a 111R Elise, but decided against it for a bunch of reason.

>The carbon fiber shell
Crack that baby and you need to replace the whole damn thing. Very, very expensive.
>Parking
You can only park it in very secure locations. It's highly likely to get keyed or the roof ripped out of spite.
>That chassis reinforcement bar that acts like a second door on the inside of the car
For real. Try getting in an Elise. It's like climbing through a window.
>Road rage
People WILL try to run you off the road in their shitty 4x4's.

This is all that held me back from it, but frankly the bar on the inside is fucking terrible. It makes getting in and out a huge fucking chore.

youtube.com/watch?v=JTLDP28XTlg
It's worse in person, trust me. I'm 6'1", and even 5'5" chicks have trouble.

Fibreglass I mean.
It has less panels than the average car.

Aeroplane wings are held together with glue, user. Are you okay with that?

jesus fuck, and i thought getting in and out of a miata was annoying

Good luck getting parts
Some cunt was bitching about Lotus in another thread last night and said he was surprised Australia puts up with their bullshit about parts

"sadly most of them have and always will be irrelevant for the average user."

Wat

go ahead and buy a useless track car. enjoy paying way too much money for something that serves no practical purpose.

>going fast
>not a practical purpose

Go back to /n/ little bitch

He's right.
As cool as they are, you don't know just how bad it is until you look at them in person. I can't stress enough how inconvenient that bar is. Imagine trying to climb into a car the size of your waist, through a hole that starts from the level of the door handle.

You can't hold things and hop in the car, you need your hands to help guide you down. There's a pretty substantial drop after the bar to the seat.
Chicks will not want to hop in, because they'll rip their dresses and shit trying to climb in.
Friends will always tell you to hop in their car if you're hanging out and heading somewhere after.
And you'll be paranoid as fuck parking it anywhere. People are such bad fucking parkers.

2/10

boo hoo you fat fuck. i'm used to NASCAR style door bars, anything without a cage is super practical in comparison. anyone making 50k a year or more with no kids can afford to join a country-club style track in the USA and thrash a lotus every weekend. who gives a shit about parallel parking

new Evora 400

The evora 400 isn't as uncomfortable as the elise or exige is. It's also not as uncompromising with regards to purity of the driving experience.

lol, you're a fucking retard
"Don't buy this expensive toy watch, it only tells the time on sundays"
>IMPLYING Telling the time isn't an important purpose, you're a bitch!
"No, it's not very practical, you can buy it but there's not much point wearing it"
>Boo hoo you timekeeping fuck, anything other than the skin on my wrist is considered a bonus
>Anyone with disposable cash can afford to buy a watch that tells the time on sundays and use it!

This little analogy is to explain to you that we are talking about a car that you daily drive. You suddenly became very aggressive and talking smack, saying we're wrong and going on a complete fucking tangent, telling us people should thrash a lotus every weekend on a track.

You're an absolute, complete fucking moron and I hope you die in agony from pancreatic cancer.

> be 12 years ago
> have car journalist friend
> we go for a ride in esprit s4
> hooned for about 10 mins.
> steam becomes apperant in rear view mirror
> pull over, call the tow guys
I'd be down with an elan though.

Who's talking about Dailying a Lotus?

You've just wasted a lot of energy on looking very stupid.

You're missing a few neurons, friendo. Maybe the cancer is already metasticised into your brain. We can only hope.

I'll break it down for you but keep it nice and simple, so you don't get confused ;)
You said:
>going fast
>not a practical purpose
as a response to someone saying the car isn't practical

This implies the poster is talking about daily driving.
Still following?
Ok.
Now you replied to the other post
>Hurr durr I'm a retarded manlet who wastes money on the weekend, the lotus should be bought for track days on the weekend

Do you see why these responses don't mesh you talking about practicality? Your first response about going fast has no implication of track driving, and yet you are talking about it as if you meant that the whole time, and that other people should understand by osmosis that you're a really cool and special guy

you're talking to two different people. i'm the one who called you a fat fuck. he's the one that said going fast is a practical purpose. i own several motorcycles that are completely useless except for the purpose of going fast, and i use them a lot. a lotus would be very similar for me, and in that intent it is very practical. literally nobody said anything about daily driving. go back to putting a junkyard window regulator in your crown vic you destitute neckbeard.

So why are did you even bother replying in the first place?

The other guy was talking about practicality, and you went off about how used to cages and how everyone should thrash a lotus on the weekend.
You're quite literally retarded. You just used the response to talk about how great you are, and talked smack for no reason.

The funny thing is you did so without realising you basically outed yourself as a miserable genetic failure. Being a normal height doesn't make people obese neckbeards, you silly little man.

>tfw you think I'm a destitute poorfag after talking about considering buying a 2zz lotus
Top kek m8. I've got more in the bank than you. Don't assume so much because someone is critical of your weekend hobby and dumbfuck demeanour.