cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/660167729/overview/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>1.4
>FWD
>american

because for $1000 more you can get a FiST which is light years better

Really heavy. Other than that no downsides

>Why is this car not talked about on here? Give me it's negatives
The problem with the Sonic isn't the Sonic itself. The Sonic is a great car.
The problem is the Sonic's predecessor, the Aveo. The Sonic, no matter how hard it tries, can NOT shake off the bad taste in your mouth left behind by the Aveo.
The Aveo was... It wasn't terrible. It was fairly reliable and had better build quality than the Cobalt, and based on an ancient Opel platform with Opel engines. But the Aveo was tiny, built in Korea, and 9 times out of 10 was owned by someone who didn't know what a timing belt was. Which of course led to timing belts snapping, destroying the engine and led to a reputation of unreliability.

The Sonic has done everything to distance itself from the Aveo. It's an all new platform, all new engines, all new name. The only thing it shares with the Aveo is the transmission bolt pattern on the back of the engine. It's even built in America.
But because it was styled in Korea, people write the thing off as completely Korean even though it's American built and uses a German platform and engines.

when comparing the RS, yes. You're right. But the crown jewel of the Sonic line is the mid-range LT, which is 17k, has the 1.4L Turbo, 6 speed manual, and walks all over every Fiesta under 20k.

looks good on paper, but
>shitty, plasticcy interior
>shitty, plasticcy door handles
>disposable engine
>design is basically updated daewoo tech from the 80s

Cars like these are how manufacturers make their money. Cars are expensive to create and they don't get a return on the cheap base models. So they run successful marketing campaigns (such as that *so youthful* pic in the OP) and add taccy features to draw in gullible buyers. It's a disposable economy car OP, nothing wrong with that, but don't try and make it out to be something amazing.

see:
Look into it more and you'll realise how wrong you are.

sonic is an update of the aveo
which was an update of the kalos
which was an update of the lanos
which was an update of the cielo
which was an update of the 1.5i
which was a rebadge of the kadett
which was a cheap economy car in the early 80s

it's just a cheap car with aggressive styling and a swish headunit

How many parts does it share with the Aveo?
Look that up. I'll wait.

Couldn't find one could you? Now fuck off. They're not related. It's only sold in Europe as the Aveo for brand name recognition.

t. sonic owner

without opening a single google, you know what they share? Low budget korean design that favours looks and showroom appeal, over any sort of longevity or quality.

It's a well marketed shitbox with thin paint and lowest bidder plastics. And youths love them because 'WOW turbo!!!'

Not the guy you're in a pissing match with but
Fun fact: the Corvette team helped design the suspension of the Sonic RS

Fuck off, retard.

>sonic owner deteced
how's that car note going for ya

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No, sorry bud. Let me stop you right there.

No stock Sonic anywhere walks over any tier of stock Fiesta ST. Bone stock, lowest package the ST still has 50hp and 60tq over the highest trim Sonic (and that's before we get into things like suspension).

You could have just said, "I've never driven a FiST and don't know how to use google, but I subjectively appreciate the Sonic LT for _____ reason." Probably wouldn't look like such an idiot..

Reading comprehension > you
You can't get a new Fiesta ST under 20k. Try again.

Well I got mine for 18.5otd

2015, brand new.

Looks like you need to learn how to shop for a car lol

Are you fucking retarded? Read what he wrote again.

Fiesta ST is not under 20k you fucking mong

>Being an adult male
>Owning a car called a sonic

No thanks!

>1.4 (ONE POINT 4) FUCKING LITERS
>made by the worst american auto manufacturer (ok maybe second worst, tesla sucks the most dick)
>fwd
>shitty gm interior
>shitty gm design
>bucket seats in a literal fwd cuckbox

why the fuck should we even be talking about this rolling heap of garbage? gm is supposed to make shit with v8's and rwd, but they even manage to fuck that up

if gm can fuck up the easiest engine & drivetrain configuration, what makes you think that they can make a good fwd shitbox?

fiesta & gti a best

is this a corsa with a bodykit?

>Are you fucking retarded? Read what he wrote again.
>Fiesta ST is not under 20k you fucking mong

cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/684292819/overview/
cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/681609387/overview/
cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/684379278/overview/
cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/684003892/overview/

it was at this moment when user realized, he had multiple mental disabilities

You are adding two letters that he did not, in order to knock down your strawman.

Specifically S and T

He said "any Fiesta under 20 grand", and an ST starts $21,610.
There's three problems with the Sonic.

The first is that too many used ones have a neglected 1.8 that's past due on its timing belt service.

The second is that the tuning on the automatic transmission is kinda bad.

The third is that there's no high performance variant to help build street cred.

If all you want is an entry level fun and spritely little manual transmission hatch, it's a perfectly fine choice.

Of course the used market is stuffed to the gills with miserable fleet spec models, and so finding a used RS can be hard...

Had one as a rental car a few months ago. It was dogshit and you're a fag if one appeals to you in any way.

see
did you ever learn how to use your brain?

if you didn't here is a quick lesson:
16 (sixteen) thousand dollars is L E S S than 20 (twenty) thousand dollars

5 grand off on a $20,000 car?

Is Ford having a hard time moving these things?

Seems kinda desperate, 2bh.

>hurr my dealership prices are used to coverup my fuck up
>implying you can't get a sonic for even less

Nice. Continue proving that you are fucking retarded

>Sonic BTFO by FiST
>Camaro BTFO by Mustang, Challenger or some sneaky Miata which is too low to be seen with Camaros visibility
>Corvette either BTFO itself with overheating/oil spill or by GT-R

why is GM still not bankrupt?

nigga are you kidding me the sonic is worlds ahead of the aveo. Normies dont connect the two either i do not know wtf ur on about m8

>i think i bamboozled him when i said the fiesta st is more expensive
>oh shit! i have autism!
>the fiesta st actually is cheaper!!!11!!!!
>better use my Damage Controlâ„¢ to recover my autistic argument!!!
>that'll show him!!!!!

>pic related
>its you

Those cars have MSRPs over $20 grand. What's wrong with them that they are almost 25% off?

That's like Ford putting $15 grand off of an F150.

>still implying he can't get a sonic for even less
>fucks up his argument that fiesta costs less than 20k and when he does MUH DEALERSHIP
>he doesn't realize that prices fluctuate around the US for the car

Weapons grade autism. You fucked up your agreement. It isn't salvageable

I honestly had no idea Ford was so desperate to move their small cars right now. I'd heard they were having a bad year for small car sales, but this was unexpected.

No wonder they got so nervous about Donald Trump.

>still implying he can't get a sonic for even less
>STILL IMPLYING HE CAN'T GET A SONIC FOR EVEN LESS
>S T I L L I M P L Y I N G H E C A N ' T G E T A S O N I C F O R E V E N L E S S

MATE MY FUCKING SIDES
THEY ARE IN ORBIT

cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/671868282/overview/
cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/682732843/overview/
cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/630741933/overview/
cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/660167729/overview/

FiST is easily attainable for an average of 18k, this is common knowledge shared by anyone that has done even the tiniest bit of cross shopping.

>because for $1000 more you can get a FiST which is light years better
This is the norm. MSRP only equals cost for people dumb enough to pay that.

The argument was ANY FIESTA UNDER 20K, which is about 70% of Fiesta STs (30% accounting for goobers that pay sticker)

Why american msrp are so ridiculous there car in america with 20k msrp while in canada its between 18 to 22k.
Why the hell a coupe genesis r-spec got an msrp of 30k usd in the USA while its 30k cad(22k USD) in canada.

Still worse than a 3k civic.

>he still fucked up his argument
>Being this fucking retarded

yes actually

anything that isn't a f150/explorer/mustang and to lesser extent fusion just sits on sales lots

focus rs is another exception

Car enthusiasts still buy FWD? Damn riceburners...

>fusion just sits on sales lots

You're retarded, they're all over the fucking place

>FWD = Asian
M8

>to a lesser extent fusion

as in they still sell very well but not as well as the f150/explorer/mustang which might as well be ford printing money

reading comprehension > you

>70% of Fiesta STs (30% accounting for goobers that pay sticker)
Maybe 70% of no-option FiSTs, but if you want the Recaros, etc, you'll climb back into the 20s quick.

>he doesn't like Opel kadetts
Shameful desu

The person I was responding to listed the price of a no-option Sonic LT, so it makes sense I would do the same with the FiST.

Funny though, the Recaros are the big option that bumps you up. You can option wheels, brakes, sunroof, and a premium color and STILL be under 20k.

My FiST cost 18.25, has the optioned brakes, wheels and sunroof. I purchased at the end of November right after thanksgiving, so I got some amazing deals on the car. It's all about knowing when to shop, how to shop, and when to pit a dealership against another.