McLaren

So what is the general consensus about McLaren cars? How do they compare to Lamborghini, Ferrari etc.?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bcJ59T1crbM
auto.ferrari.com/de_DE/sportwagenmodelle/approved/
preowned.ferrari.com/de
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

People who get their opinions from Fifth Gears review of the 12c say they're soulless and boring.

Anyone who has seen one irl, let alone driven one, is amazed by them.

You'll find many of the former and few of the latter on Veeky Forums, just thought you'd like to know.

mclaren revolutionized the industry with their mass-produced composite tubs.
also, active rollbars are neat.

but, personally, i hate the current design
language.

how can anyone look at this car and think "soulless and boring"? it looks like the fucking devil

Most reviews I've seen of recent McLarens speak of them like mad axe murderers.

Doesn't sound soulless at all, unless they mean sociopathic.

Yeah, if you watch for example Chris Harris he gives them universal praise.

I think Tiff Needell gave them crap on Fifth Gear and everyone focused on that (because it's more fun to shittalk than to praise a car company I suppose).

I think they look absolutely fantastic. I've never driven one, but I was given a ride in a 650s and it was incredible.

Clarkson was a bit down on the first 12Cs too. Too clinical.
Seems to me that the early 12Cs are considered the least involving, and later revisions and other models have met with near-universal praise. The 675 were very well received.
There's probably also a solid difference between how professional road testers and real people perceive and experience cars.
Chris Harris drive a base 911, doesn't even think about it.
I drive a base 911, permaboner for weeks.

Uncontrollable pieces of shit

Lamborghinis are just YouTuber cars.

Ferrari cars are shit

McLaren is the new King.

Porsche is a king from the day it started.

Dubs of truth

The same people who call it soulless will go on an on about "muh pashun an soul" when talking about Italian cars.

Chris Harris owned an RS 4.0, after that I'm sure most Carreras are fairly bland.

This. By every definable metric, Mclarens are superior so Italian car fans need to cite indefinable metrics.

>Lamborghinis are just YouTuber cars.
Well, it's just sad that it has come to this. Seeing a Lambo on roads have become less exciting to me. "Oh that's an another Lambo."

doesnt look good

McLaren hasn't quite found it's identity yet.

Lamborghini and Ferrari know exactly who they are. McLaren is still getting there.

In terms of performance, they're all there.

>McLaren hasn't quite found it's identity yet.

lol mate i think its you who hasnt find your own identity.

McLaren knows exactly what they are doing and who they are you poofta

>live in Houston
>see super cars weekly
>driving past a small airport on the west side of town
>fucking black p1 comes flying onto the road slamming through the fears
>first time I've ever gotten a boner for a car

And I've ridden in 1200whp 911 turbo, various turbo vettes, lambos, 1000hp Z's, M3 race car, etc etc. The McLaren gave me fucking feels.

P O S
O
S

Modern Mclaren roadcars (not the F1, it's a classic!) are the answer of a question which nobody asks! If you have Ferrari and Porsche, why the hell do you need Mclaren?

I heard ferrari's have better throttle response than mclaren's, while the mclaren's feel a bit more like turbo cars... but otherwise I like both companies

They answer the needs of men who like to tame wild horses.

Porsche "perfect german engineering and everyday-sportscar"

Ferrari "soul, passion, emotions, design, exclusivity, powerful engines and F1-tech in roadcars"

Mclaren "?"

Chris Harris drove the same car around the same trach in 1:51.something

Track*

Oh you mean with special-tyres...

Big fat rearwing, road-illegal mode and hardcore-setup and still just P3 because it's too easy to make mistakes in this shitmachine.

Harris drives a FF.

On tyres that the car comes with.
Why is it an issue that McLaren produced a better tyre than its competitors? lmao

For people like you Harris drove it on the same tyres as the LaF as well and did it in 1.53.something, the LaF was a second slower.

They were on a track, of course it's going to be in track mode... You have no argument here.

>Ferrari cars shit

You are out of your mind.

Here is your argument

youtu.be/bcJ59T1crbM

It's because Harris drove this shitmachine more often before than the LaF or the 918. You can see this in some of his older videos.

great cars but souless

Chris Harris did a rolling start

FINALLY THERE IS THE ANSWER! SERIOUSLY.

YOU SIR ARE A GENIUS. I REALLY MEAN IT.

It pisses me right off that they've done nothing but water down the P1's design onto their less relevant cars. Ferrari and Porsche have managed to make entry level cars that don't parrot their hypercars in design language completely.

This.

>different track
Great argument, friend.
Harris drove on the same track as the driver hired by The Grand Tour.

All you're proving with your "argument" is that these cars are extremely close (a point that has been obvious since the get-go, they're rarely separated by more than a second and in the case of the video you posted 0,4 seconds.

For the record, I doubt the P1 was able to use its aero on that track, given the layout and the speed he was going in the corners, and also looking at the g-meter.

>but, personally, i hate the current design
The styling update on the test cars running around now looks like a big improvement to me.

Porsche "Soulless electronic nanny bullshit"

Ferrari "Race our cars, record a track time, do anything but keep our cars in a garage, and we sue you"

McClaren "Actual cars"

This is a decent point, desu. McClaren should take note.

The downfall of Mclaren. They will always be number three behind the two big names in the business.

And note: The 488 didn't use the ultra-sticky pneus like the 675 did.

>Mclaren ?
Mclaren: Excellence.

Don't shit on Porsche

>german engineering
nice meme

They put the same V8 in everything they make.

You can't even say the same for an SBC these days.

>why have an alternative thats just as good in most respects, better in some and worse in others?

its the thinking mans' supercar. Not that you would know anything about that

Thats a funny way to describe Koenigsegg

Ferrari leech off their reputation, which is slowly going down the shitter in my opinion. If they keep acting like they do now, then nobody will be able to buy the nice ones, and they will have a reputation for being overrated (they already are).

Lamborghini caters towards:
Children
- Arabs
- Normie youtubers
- Midlife crisis cucks
- A few hardcore enthusiasts who would praise a turd with a lamborghini badge on it

McLaren BTFO literally everyone in the 90's, then came back and did it again in the early 2010's with the P1 and everything else. The styling is too eccentric and poorly executed, but certain models are literal perfection (eg p1, 575, F1).

Porsche will never lose it's value, say what you will about the styling or confusing nomenclature or design of the cars - porsche know what they're doing, and can make some breathtaking cars given the right circumstances. They tend to push out unoriginal pigfat crossovers for money, but their halo cars are nearly unmatched. Porsche is worthy of respect whether or not you love or hate their cars.

The P1 is a god-tier automobile. Among the top 20 of most exciting and unique cars of all time, and shits on the opposition in most metrics. The road presence of a p1 is nearly unmatched, E-type Jags and damn near every Ferrari pales in comparison to the energy of the Mclaren.

This guy knows what's up.

Yeah, what he said.
Probably why the P1 is one second slower in the hands of a professional than any of the other modern hyper cars.

>Journalist amateur racing driver vs. professional, ex-Formula 1 driver

>inb4 hurr harris went faster
>track is extremely rubbered vs not

lmaoing at ur lyph

Truly jumbles my neural connections around, I say.

so mad

I would be if I liked shit engineering.

>Porsche will never lose it's value, say what you will about the styling or confusing nomenclature or design of the cars - porsche know what they're doing, and can make some breathtaking cars given the right circumstances. They tend to push out unoriginal pigfat crossovers for money, but their halo cars are nearly unmatched. Porsche is worthy of respect whether or not you love or hate their cars.

A Ferrari 458 Speciale is now two times the price when it came out. Ferrari never lose their value

>special edition you were only able to get if you already owned a ferrari

Wew lad. The normal ones lose value and a 911 loses less in comparison

That is not correct.
auto.ferrari.com/de_DE/sportwagenmodelle/approved/

Oh and you can't get a 675LT unless you have a 650s or a 12c. There is a thread on leddit right now about this.

this.

Ferrari is like porsche squared. Where porsche has panamera, macan and cayenne to sell numbers, ferrari goes with california, 488 spyder and FF. Which are actually excellent sports cars but not ferraris.

Actual ferraris, like special edition v8 berlinettas (360 challenge stradale, 430 scuderia, 458 speciale), v12 grand tourers (f12 etc) and hypercars (enzo, LaF); are another story.

Those are the ones that make the legend. And that's why they own porsche: they can make money with good cars, no SUVs, and the niche ones are automotive excellence.

same with this

The link doesnt work. Were you trying to tell me that they arent worth twice their msrp or that they arent limited?

Here, you moron. Ferraris don't just hold their value, they get more expensive.

preowned.ferrari.com/de

I was never much a fan of Ferraris but I saw one 458 speciale in person the other day and holy shit it looks amazing
Also, based James owns one.