/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

League Edition

The previous thread, brimming with unsightly vermin: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

Something something PURGE

CRUSH

Aren't you sick of all this furious purging and vermin crushing? All these deranged church people and blood-addled hunters?

Become a Hunter of Hunters. Let's put an end to the nightmare.

For 50/25/25 HMLS, do you want the normal or lost version?

Normal if you're fitting it with Temperings and a Heavy, Lost for Nourishings. Normal with Nourishings if you're going for 19.5%+15 Rom Radials since Waning doesn't have good secondaries for HMS.

Oh fuck me my head hurts now.

What's the best way to farm insight offline?
Just beat the uno ribbon, read that doing low level chalice dungeons is a fast way but I want to run it by you guys first
Also online is an option, for the moment, I just want to know before my PlayStation Plus thing runs out

Normal w/ Temperings+Heavy if you want to farm HBLB+Watchers (mediocre beam damage but superior blade damage). Lost Nourishing setup for 1 Rom/Gargoyle Radial, 1 Amy Triangle, 1 Amy Waning. Normal Nourishing setup for 2 Rom/Gargoyle Radials and 1 Amy Triangle.

Lost if you want to farm Amy more, Normal if you want to farm Rom for a Nourishing setup. Lost is a bit easier in my opinion.

Not how it works Pharaoh Fameses III

I'd honestly say rerun low level chalices.

I don't really care what I have to farm for it as long as it's not ridiculously korean tier, just wondering what'll provide the best damage output for 50/25/25..

Normal w/ Temp+Heavy for higher Phys damage, Lost with Nourishings for split. The former will most likely hit harder just with the blade, the latter with moonbeams. I'd go with Lost and Nourishing gems so moonbeams won't be mediocre.

REMINDER TO PURGE FILTH

I fucking hate Ludwig's first form so fucking much

And fuck my chikage

>chikage

No one to blame but yourself, Vileblood

scum

but seriously, his fucking charge pisses me off

you fuck up once, you have to do his bullshit phase all over again

What? His charge is his most telegraphed move. He literally has a specific sound and animation cue to warn you.

>see his obvious as fuck charge attack
>dodge
>he still fucking hits me and I have to abuse i-frames AT THE RIGHT FUCKING MOMENT

just admit his charge is a bullshit meme move

I've fought Ludwig countless times, both alone and through the most laggy random co-op sessions, and that has never happened.
What's so hard about it? Just dodge to the side. You don't even need the i-frames if you're competent enough to move out the way.

Have you considered that perhaps you're just shit?

>I have to abuse i-frames AT THE RIGHT FUCKING MOMENT

This is literally one of the basic mechanics that makes up Bloodborne's gameplay. You are not abusing anything, you're just playing the game.

I know, that's why my character always lands on his face while raising his ass when he dies

Hot.

Anyone want to farm some Heavy Abyssals?

glyph is 7f8pcdjx

pass is bbg123

I'll be ringing at layer 3 lantern, if you can be bothered to complete the dungeon yourself you lazy fucks it will be much quicker to summon and you can even savescum yourself after I get a good gem. It's a pretty easy dungeon if you just rush the lever, side areas were a Nightnare though.

Anyone up for non-chalice Rom? Ringing outside the fog. Pass:

bbg

AWOOOOOOOOOOO

>Kosm

>yfw you realize hes howling at the moon

So what are Pthumerian Descendant and the chalice enemies weak too?

Arcane build I have:
Fire saw spear +7
Beasthunter Saif Bolt + 6
Threaded cane Arcane +6

Arcane, but any element will do fine.

Did anyone help you, famalam? If not, I can be there in a minute or two.

I blanked and got him solo. Thanks, though!

No one?

Please, I physically can't kill him on my own. I've done 15 attends already and only got him to half health once.

Feels like my spear hits much harder on most of them.

TFW got augur and now most enemies are easy mode.

I hated arcane at first but now i'm loving it.

Try hanging to the right (his left, outstretched leg). You'll get the timing down for his delayed slam eventually, and by staying near that leg, you'll have an easier time dodging.

I assume your fire gems are much better than your arcane gems since there's rarely any good arcane gems early game. Plus the Spear has higher base damage than the Cane. Make sure to pick up Exe gloves from Cainhurst, it destroys Amy in the Frontier.

I'm down to farm in 2-3 days once my finals are over and I finish defiled + ithyl. Just started defiled now so hopefully I'll be there soon. Can't wait to get some good gems and then join the FC

I'll help ya, just give me around 10+ minutes to rush the glyph. What are the first two bosses?

Beast Possessed Soul and Undead Giant (cannon).

I can help you with Undead Giant if you need. Rapid Poison Wheel works wonders.

Sure, ringing on layer 2 with the pass.

ringing

>Orphan NG+++

I just can't

just
dont
get
hit

I hate the forbidden woods.

Hang on, just let me back up my save again. The blunt gem undead giant gave me was pretty good.

No prob, ringing at the stairs.

Pretty good (65 scaling, 10.4 Phys, beast down) but not good enough.

Ringing again.

Are you still farming?

If i'm going to do a str run, should I just kill Alfred before the Forbidden Woods door, or is that going to fuck shit up.

Anyone need help?

Yeah.

Still going.

you wont get the wheel badge

No need, there are plenty of good early game Str weapons. Axe, Kirkhammer, LHB, Beastcutter, Amy Arm and Whirli can all be obtained before going to the woods.

Thought you did at his second stop outside the woods door.

Aren't half those DLC so I'll be under leveled to get to them?

Just suicide run for them.

You can just suicide run to them.

>helping people with Amelia because why not
>arcane build, using flamesprayer, cheesey as fuck
>always let the beckoner/other summons get the last few hits
>get summoned, exchange greetings, cutscene plays
>run in to the left so I can get to sprayin'
>see Amelia getting her big smash ready
>beckoner dies immediately

I feel like there should be PSA for this sort of thing.

So should I just ring or SRRC any time or need to wait for a go ahead from you.

Wanna take on the Mensis Memelord an tackle Memesis part 2?

Maybe I'll run for the Beast Cutter then

Sure. You ringing in front of his fog?

Something came up, gonna duck out for 10-20 mins. I'll let you know when I'm ringing again.

Yeah SRRC whenever.

It'd be better if you ran the whole dungeon though. I could help you.

Ringing at Mico's fog in a minute! Pass will be meme

Going through it right now, just found the bell maiden.

>you can parry and backstab with tentacle punch

dude noice lmao

Ringing.

When do the blades of mercy get good for pve?

Or do they never?

I feel like such a weakling using them.

>Lowbie character farmed the 40k echoes.

Why are chalice bosses such shitty parrybait?

Hey Heavy Abyssal guy, are you using a Whirlgig? I just saw a Whirlgig ghost die.

Where should I ring now? Got the lever unlocked, in front of fog?

It's a pretty easy dungeon, layer 2 is a pain though, madmen, Ritekeeper + his friends and red spiders all chasing you at once, and the boss is Undead giant.

I can help with boss if you need.

Oh right I forgot...layer 3, fuck me.

Should I just SRRC then. Too lazy to go thorugh this whole thing

We were both using Whirligig's.

Ths phantom was probably old. I saw myself running around earlier, it was spooky.

Yeah, at the top of the stairs in front of layer 3 boss room.

Holy shit. I'm gonna blame that one on my wife for running to get the phone. I'll ring again when you either die or kill him.

They seem best for punishing an opening or rushing down slow mobs, so you're honestly better off using another weapon if you're taking on more than one enemy.

I'm of the opinion 'never'

Sure they're fine against no-poise shitters like Keeper, but fuck you as soon as you meet a big boi with weird hit boxes

Not to mention
>lmao split damage
>not even Fire/Bolt
>no range

Just summon me, I can sprint the dungeon.

Layer 3 lever is really close to lamp.

>blood gem says it increases fire/arcane damage by #%
>changes all my weapons damage to relevant damage type

Can someone explain this to me?

Alright I'm back HBLB user, ringing again.

Alright, layer 1 lamp, pass bbg123

Not sure if you're already aware of this, but those gems are for arcane builds. If you just want to buff, use fire/bolt paper.

When it says that, it will turn your weapon into an elemental damage dealer.
If it says it adds both physical and elemental, put it on a weapon that does both physical and elemental, like the boom hammer or the tonitus

If a weapon has 0 fire damage, increasing it by 10% is going to do nothing at all.

So instead it converts the weapon to fire damage, and then increases it by 10%. It also scales off Arcane now, since STR/SKL only boost physical damage and ARC boosts elemental damage.

It's the foundation of an ARC build.

hang on, I'll help 3rd user through the dungeon.

No prob

Taking a while it seems

You guys can go farming if you want, I'll go through this at another time. As long as there's no Amy in here should be cake.

How long does it take you guys nowadays to rebuild and start a new character into getting decent gems and pvp ready at level 98-110??

In the Arcane build guide it says to get the saw spear. Why not Ludwigs blade, even though it has better scaling?

Also, I just realized a terrible flaw in game design. You know how there are attacks where if you mash dodge after getting knocked down they punish you? Well, if you don't mash dodge you're locked into the getting up animation after a certain point.
And you don't have i-frames a bit before the getting up animation either. Basically, it's pretty stupid and sends conflicting signals to players.

No worries, user, Memelord of Memesis is dead, and I'm proud that even with all this arc shit, I did not cheese him.

Ringing at Mensis middle!

Fucking lol Grumpy Pete.

I'll just solo him, was being too cautious. I'll come holla if layer 2 turn out to suck.

Ok, I'm back ringing on layer 3

Ludwig untricked has shitty modifiers and isn't serrated. Saw Spear will out dps it and has the r1, l1, l1, etc combo. Arcane scaling doesn't matter much since there's Cold Abyssals to improve scaling for all converted weapons.

That fight was so weird.

He didn't agro on me at all until after you died. And my charge R2s and follow ups wernt even flinching him (but he was taking 1000 damage each time).

Anyways he's ded, heading to level 2.

Because the Saw Spear is a serrated weapon, is beyond fast, and has devastating trick attacks. It's a better weapon in almost every possible way.

There are gems that boost arcane scaling anyway

Also ludwigs requires wasted points in strength and skill that our 98 meta doesn't really like

ALSO Ludwig's doesn't have the godly serrated moveset of the saw spear, it just has 'sword' and 'big sword'

I mean if you want to use it go for it

> layer 2

Have fun :^)