Trucker and /k/ommando here

Trucker and /k/ommando here.

How good are the 11th Generation Suburbans 2007-2011ish? The 10th gen are built like tanks and go 300,000 miles with no catastrophic failures usually. They are more like trucks where's the successor is more of a car now. Are they still reliable?

I heard they have AFM issues but idk how common that actually is, no one leaves comments saying their car is great. Plus most owners have not reached 300,000 miles.

TLDR are 2007+ Suburbans with 150,000 miles towards the end of their life span? I want/need to buy a big meaty SUV. Or should I consider a explorer/expedition or something?

In add. I ask also because I need an SUV that doesn't have problems on long road trips in the 1000-2000 range once every other month.

Those suburbans should have no trouble going over 300k

>t. bought a used 08 with 238k

Steer clear of Expedition/Exploder at all costs.

Suburban/Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade is great, 3/4 ton Suburban even better but the 6.0 will drink some gas.

Excursion is also good.

I own one, an LTZ with the 5.3 Vortech. No major issues so far, except for when the alternator and fuel pump died. Door lock motors died once but the car was majorly abused by kids lifted and pushed the locks while messing with the button. I'd buy one, they're great in the snow as well

Get a 9th gen barn door. Fuck those are smexy.
They also have a more downshifted tailgate which means pretty heavy backside and good weight distribution. The wheel spacing allows for a bit better offroad handling (though you won't be mudding or rocking any time soon even with a lift).

Necessities for the /k/ommandos are good. 7 seats mean gun rack placement for all your armoury needs and if you remove the back 3 seats, you can shuttle a good 14 people along offroad. Or carry equipment changes along with a full sized Elk.

Alright thanks. I am mostly content with getting one now.

Hauling lots of /k/argo really far was exactly what I was implying ;D

Mostly army equipment, a few people, SHTF and Innawoods type stuff.

For a while I was making a ~700 mile round in my 97 k2500 once a week with 3-4 passengers and a ton of work related tools and equipment.

Didn't have any issue until I ran it low on gas and slammed on the brakes, starving the fuel pump and stalling the truck. Ran to the gas station in the other truck to get a few gallons of gas and it was good to go.

If there's one thing GM has consistently done well it's their full size trucks and SUVs.

holy christ people are asking crazy amounts for these trucks in my area

> nigged out 07 LTZ with 209K for sale on my CL
> covered in dents, scratches and mismatched body panels
> interior trashed
> $17K I know what I gots.

Trucks are expensive in general, especially diesels

OP here

I saw a 78k mile 2007-09(?) For about 17k $ recently, almost factory condition. I think it was a regular LS. Still a nice truck if I can call it that.

My only advice is to stay away from Ford. I have had multiple friends with various Explorers, Expeditions, and Excursions and they all shit the bed by 200,000, guaranteed. Fucking awful car made by an awful company

what's your budget? why do you need such a big vehicle?

Obviously he wants interior space, comfort, and reliability.

you can get all of those in a smaller vehicle.

My uncle and dad had one, both had transmission issues around the 200k mark.

No, you can not get large vehicle interior space in a smaller vehicle. Keep your Harry Potter Dr. Who shit to your self and let the adults talk.

minivan or wagon. it's not like a burb is good offroad.

>minivan
>it's not like a burb is good offroad.
Funny, I see a lot more people wheeling Suburbans than minivans.

>or wagon
>it's not like a burb is good offroad.
Funny, I see a lot more people wheeling Suburbans than wagons. And modern "wagons" are shit for interior space.

Suburbans are great. I want one very badly, but they're pricy.
If you can afford one, go with them. Everyone loves them, and there's a reason they're consistently one of the best selling SUVs.
Remember: GM builds sports cars to fund the SUVs.

>modifying it so it's no longer good on-highway.
buy a comfy sedan for your commute and a jeep wrangler or small 4x4 truck

:D

Barndoors are best because opening them up and hopping out like real swat-larpers is a great feeling. Where are you located?

Small lift and All Terrains don't make a Suburban "no longer good on-highway"

Keep your uninformed opinions to yourself, and let the adults that actually have experience with the topic at hand discuss it.

oddly enough, suburbans running larger tires get better highway mileage. theyre too big and heavy for aerodynamics to really have much effect.

and in-town efficiency isn't to be discussed about them.

If you need to carry people, a 4 door can work. However, nothing beats an olde fashy Jeep XJ or two door SUV like Toyo, K5, Bronco, etc for the clearance and horsepower to offroad. Then you'll have enough backroom to actually make it work, too.

You could also go for a dedicated oberlander like a Defender, old G-Wagon, Rubicon, etc.

Elsewise, get a trailer for all your storage need. Or a trailer semi for extra storage.

Thanks, I did not know that. I've looked at 1000 dollar tier Ford SUV's before. Looked really tempting. Now I know.

~$15-17,000

>Hauling tubs of military gear
>Tools
>Survival stuff (cot, sleeping bag, ruck sack, etc)
>Room to sleep if I have to
>Big intimidating "I am here" posture
>Multiple people and their stuff
>Psudeo-cop look

Mostly. Tahoe is my lower limit. I'd like to have the extra capacity though if I need it, and given the stents of time I spend away from home, moving personal FX around and having the room is nice.

>Suggesting a minivan
Ya fuck off. Go back to whatever beta-cuck board you crawled out of.

At least suggest a E350 eco-line instead you insufferable faggot.

San Antonio

I am pretty sold on the gen 11 tho. Lesser for the gate, more for fact it's newer then anything I've bought before.

>Newest vehicle I ever owned was 12 yrs old

I'd get a 2012 and up if they weren't "that" expensive. Maybe after I get my degree and next career started.

>Swat dismount

Local airsoft field does mounted ops sometimes, has a suburban for just that. Except I just hang out the back. Some fat runner boards and handles on the frame would be sick

Nooooo OP. Nooooo! Don't fall for muh ageist meme. You can save upwards of $5000-$10000 by buying an older version of your vehicle that's just as reliable and easier to work on than post-2008 vehicles.

Consider a crew cab truck along with a bedcap. If you get a camper cap (one that peaks a bit higher than the front of your vehicle), then you actually have an insane amount of storage space and sleeping compartment for two.

Those have a bit better mileage than the 4 door SUVs and are often cheaper, too. Also, dedicated offroader instead of mall crawling.

>same exact thing with a longer wheelbase is better on gas and is a dedicated offroader instead of a mall crawler

The Suburban and Silverado/Sierra have the same suspension and drivetrains.

why the hell do you need to carry around all that shit? the world isn't ending. bug in > bug out.

I was thinking more of an F-150 desu senpai

>pls no ferd bully

Why do you need so many my little pony dolls? Because raisins.

Full kit is a giant lock box. Medical supplies are a small backpack. Gun box is also fairly big in one dimension. Another box I refuse to name contents of is big. 1-2 weeks of clothes/hygiene supplies (staying at friends or something 4 states over for example) is a duffle bag. Another lock box of just generic crap like laptop and toys. Bike. Space is eaten up quickly. Also, other people. I don't need all that. But having the ability to fit it is great.

God what a cuck you sound like