pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

cock

>Warcry overwrite weapon buff
Who did this

4th for rape

ME BELOVED OCELOTTE IS THE ONLY ONE I HAVE LEFT AND I LOVE HIM

You're using a Greathammer? Greataxe? UGS?

You have a modicum of faith?

Name one reason you're not using a rose of ariandel offhand

Fix glitches.

>You're using a Greathammer? Greataxe? UGS?
Yes

>You have a modicum of faith?
No

>Name one reason you're not using a rose of ariandel offhand
Because spell is gay

>You have a modicum of faith?
No.

t. hidetaka "patches" miyazaki

KF>dark souls

better lore, better art style, better magic, more creativity overall

modern KF WHEN

Next 10 years. Just survive that long.

Is that the bridge overlooking firelink?

You forgot horrendous gameplay, so no it's not better at all. It fails to do what it set out to do - be a video game.

how do i get lothric to be my waifu when she's married to her brother-husband?

>better gameplay than any comparable game at the time
>elder scrolls copied the gameplay because theirs was shite and they STILL HAVEN'T IMPROVED IT BEYOND 1995 STANDARDS

>she
lol

>better gameplay than any comparable game at the time
Who gives a fuck what it was like playing it back then. It's aged horribly.

>He thinks souls gameplay isn't KF tier for 2016

>kings feld

literally a meme game, taylor made for plebs

save us claire

Is he, dare I say, our guy ?

How good is the shield WA glitch with stomp? Is it worth it?

I've been testing it with glaives all day and I just don't see the point. With the WK Halberd you do way more damage with a simple R1 R1 combo while 2H, even if you do a full combo (which uses up all of your FP and stamina, btw) you're only doing the same or potentially less than a R1 R1 attack, what's the point? It looks cool but it's functionally worthless and costs way too much FP.

Then with the BK Glaive I've been testing all day today, again in invasions. This is actually a lot more useful to be fair, but I don't see it being worth having to 1H the BKG. You do more damage and honestly you're better off just doing the same old R1 L2 R1 or even R1 L2 R2 combos, they just do way more damage and are easier to pull off consistently, and you get the much better 2H moveset. I much prefer using an offhand crossbow that I can switch to from 2H and then go back to 2H after I hit someone, it's just way more practical and effective.

I just don't think it's worth bothering with on the spin2win weapons in all honesty. The polearms, at least.

Yes

prince can be used as a general term for any royal children dummy

t. Claire

>talking about parts of the series that are not effected by age
>you bring up one of the two things that aged

you must be 18 to post on this website

1. They couldn't release a new chromehounds because Sega still owned the rights
2. Most of the worst parts of V (horribly unbalanced multiplayer weapons)
3. V sucked mostly because of the really bad graphics/matchmaking/server issues.
4. For all the shit that V was, verdict day kicks ass. Verdict Day and Chromehounds are the only good multiplayer games made by From Software.

Also, the lack of patching was entirely Bamco's fault. They were actively trying to kill AC because it competed with their gundam line, so they only released patches when the community complained about it.

>most of the worst parts of V

Most of the worst parts of V (horribly unbalanced mutliplayer weapons) were taken from dark souls as an attempt to introduce more 'gritty melee' combat into the series and less of an emphasis on guns. This lead to a shitton of super unfair melee weapons and just horrible balance in general.

Good argument.

verdict day was not good, the mechanics regressed back to ac2 levels

AC4A was the pinnacle of the series, objectively

any mules on ps4?

>he set himself on fire
>because a snake told him that he will become a lord doing so

Fucking idiot trusting kaathe

>horribly unbalanced mutliplayer weapons
Those have been in literally every AC game.
4 and 4A managed to be good despite their bad balance

>using the point up emote like I'm giving them the finger actually generates more salt messages

Lmao

>have max casting speed
>cast crystal soul spear
>opponent casts chaos bed vestiges while I'm already casting
>my soul spear comes out first
>get hit by cbv and opponent somehow rolls out
I get I lost for casting first?

Any Xbros there that want to help me transfer some item?

Tell me about Miyazaki...
Why does he love the traps?

>People who give me shittons of space in the arena because we're both at low HP and they're too scared to do anything that isn't 100% safe
>back up a little
>use great heal

>they start doing nothing but clapping

>actually wrecking people with corvian greatscythe on a hollow quality
holy shit, didn't thought they were buffed THAT much

>ACFA the pinnacle

Ah yeah, you're one of those people. You think that slow mechs means that the mechanics of the game are simpler/worse

ACV/VD is way more complicated and better designed than FA.

Did you know that For Answer was basically built on the same engine as Last Raven, but they just tweaked the values to insane levels and ruined the optimization? The only gameplay changes from LR to FA was changing "heat" to "PA" and revising the lock on system.

Meanwhile VD is sitting here with multi-threshold damage, dynamic acceleration, about 5-6 different melee options, the most number of pvp viable parts of any game, the hardest hardmode missions of the franchise, hitboxes that actually make fucking sense, muzzle velocities that can actually hit players, and all in all more actual strategy in the combat instead of "RAPID DODGE GRENADE SPAM" that ACFA was.

VD is the best AC PS3 AC game, it has probably the most complex and in-depth combat system of any From Software game.

FA is just fun for people who don't want to play the game for more than 2 hours. FA also looks pretty, I guess. FA actually regressed the series by removing variable acceleration and multi missile lock on, getting rid of maps that actually mattered.

FA was 'decent' single player despite a myriad of issues. VD was 'decent' single player with a solid, fantastic multiplayer and gameplay that doesn't break when you use just a few weapons.

If 4 or FA's story wasn't interesting, they would be both be tied for worst game in the franchise, excluding V and Ninebreaker because of their bugs/crashing on launch. VD is just as good ast Last Raven or AC2/AC2AA though.

>he let the fire that is tied to the very wellbeing of the world die
>just because a snake telling him that he will become a lord doing so

And that doesn't even begin to get into VD's AI programming system, damage-relative-to-acceleration melee weapons, stability/recoil resistance mechanics, etc. All of which were desperately needed in the franchise but not present before.

Look at PvP videos of verdict day vs FA and you'll see a pattern where players have to actually strategist and plan whereas FA is just jousting and missile spamming to tank the framerate.

Get off miyazaki's dick and actually learn how to play a game before thinking it's 'regressing' a franchise.

>Play for first time in 2 weeks
>Duel for 1 hour, nothing but memes and people that think they're funny
>Invading is always the same shit as well
>Close game
I'm free...

slow is bad, period.

>ACV/VD is way more complicated and better designed than FA.

>Ah yeah, you're one of those people

holy shit nigger what

first of all, what a goddamn terrible way to start a post or progress a discussion

second of all, I'm not even that guy, but you're fucking autistic if you think FA ""regressed"" the series

you can say it modernized it, casualized it, dumbed it down, whatever -- something subjective like that, if you really feel that way -- but it wasn't in any way regressed. FA was proof that From Software could actually pump out a modern game and not be archaic pieces of shit and was also a huge part of miyazaki's rise through the company

also, hey, you have probably the shittiest opinions i've ever seen on an imageboard ever

>invade some faggot
>he and his 2 phantoms jump off into the ravine in US to get away from me
>the cell is unopen either way and they hide at priestess
Wow

>basically built on the same engine

What did he mean by this?

>fight some dude in the arena who has a whip
>"oh cool, don't see whips often"
>he literally does nothing but roll away from me and tries to hit me from really far away whenever I don't chase him anymore (which doesn't work)
>he literally does this until time out

the fuck?

Try fighting with a weapon with a single good move which can only come after another move

Oh I tried to bait him plenty, issue being that whips outrange everything and aslong as he just runs away straight I can't get in range to begin with

Honestly I'm glad the swipe got HA. It needed it

No, I mean, try using whips whose only good move is roll r1. They can't be aggressive at all

>people sending me hatemail because I duel charm them after they use 3 buffs
wot

That's Seath, dumdum
Isn't the roll r1 bretty gud too?

Ocerois is cute! CUTE!

>invade 3 people
>blue gets summoned through concord
Who the fuck made this pvp system?

Well I mean, I get what you're saying but is the winning strat really timing me out 3 times in a row?

That's the point, roll r1 is the only really good move, so you can't do a good move while still, if you roll towards them, any weapon can R1 and trade and win. So they need to roll and be out of the distance of your weapon.

There's no whip winning strat if your opponent isn't agressive

from knows that dorkmoons are useless

>2 free estus

Why mad?

>There's no whip winning strat if your opponent isn't agressive
Nigger I was literally sprinting after him. What the fuck else can I do to be more aggressive towards a dude who runs away from me and only attacks when I stand still?

>millwood battleaxe
>66 str
>warcry
>592 ar

I thought you meant the wa. Isn't the wa also pretty good? Or is it just the WL version?

How acceleration works in FA:
Every part accelerates at the same rate, no matter what you use, so every AC reaches top speed at the same time.

How acceleration works in VD:
Accelleration varies depending on how far you move the analog stick, as well as how fast you were going, forming a 3 part exponential curve so you can both twitch dodge and accelerate slowly up to top speed. The shape of this curve can be modified using different parts.

How damage works in FA:
Every shot is reduced by some % of damage depending on your defense, no matter how small or how large the shot is. After you take enough damage, your PA drops, and you take an additional % of damage while it is down. There are only 2 damage types. It's stupid easy to build for the best defense/speed because every weapon does the same % of its total damage.

How damage works in VD:
Damage forms a 3 part curve based on the threshold of damage you take (Attack > Defense, Attack > Defense * 1.3, Attack < Defense). The higher the ratio, the more damage you do, with breakpoints at the switch between each curve. This means that EVERY AC has weaknesses and strengths, since any combination of weapons can be used to combat any combination of defenses. There is no optimal defense/weight ratio, unless you know the opponent's weapons ahead of time. This creates a dynamic metagame where players can actually use a variety of builds. There are 3 defense types.

How Melee works in FA:
Every sword uses a predetermined animation and lunge toward the target, auto-tracking for you. Damage is based on how many frames while your sword is out that you connect, usually only 1-2 frames since ACs are moving so fast.

How melee works in VD:
There are multiple melee types, some of which depend on the acceleration of the AC at the time of impact and the total weight of the AC. Every melee weapon has a different swing but also different shaped hitbox. Melee hitboxes can be tracked and guided using movement.

How tracking and lock on works in FA:
There is a circular lockbox in the middle of the screen, but it's invisible. Inside this lock box you just instantly lock on with everything. Outside of it, and the closer you get to the edges of the screen, it takes longer to lock on. Muzzle velocity of weapons is extremely low, and arm tracking is extremely poor. This means that >70% of your shots are likely to miss, no matter how or when they are fired, because it takes at least half a second to reach the enemy. Arm tracking is the same no matter how close or how far the enemy is, so close up weapons are not more accurate either. Muzzle velocity is the same speed no matter what and shots fly in a perfectly straight line.

How tracking works in VD:
You have a circular lock box in the middle of the screen (same as FA) but its now visible Lock on is not possible outside of this circle. Weapons have varied muzzle velocities and the range of combat is narrower. Arm tracking is dynamic depending on the range, so close range guns are now actually possible to hit with. Bullets now have muzzle velocity decreases depending on a friction value and damage is connected to the speed of the shot. They also have bullet drop due to gravity now too.

How impact and stagger works in FA:
Shots produce no stagger until their impact force exceeds your stability, then your AC is pushed away in the direction of the shot, but still able to move.

How impact and stagger works in VD:
Stagger depends on the action you're doing at the time, as well as 2 stats (recoil resistance and stability). If you are heavily staggered, it will drop your defenses down to 80% (which, since it's a threshold system, makes you vulnerable to far more weapons) for 2 seconds. If you are staggered in mid-melee or while standing still / ready position, you can poise through it, but if you are staggered during glide boost movement, you will crash and fall to the ground in a custom animation.

I want you to actually answer this I have a hunch you faggots who always say "you need to rely on the enemy being aggressive" actually mean
>you have to play so passively that the enemy gives up and lets you kill him

It's pretty good but the WA, which is supposed to stun people into one R1, doesn't always work and they can roll out. I even had one person from this thread tell me that it never worked for him and he thought it wasn't supposed to do that. I'm pretty lucky, it works often for me. You can even beat curved sword users with it if you're good enough, because you win the trades, you just need to get used to the relatively slow speed, and don't spam the WA when they look like they're ready for it. Once you land the WA once, feel free to spam it, because most people suck at getting out of that when they're close and you can catch them again and again as they desperately roll backwards.

How weapons work in FA:
All weapons in FA are either a basic gun, a missile, a pile, or a sword, and all use the same animations in their class and vary only slightly in muzzle velocity, the model /color used for the shot, accuracy, and the damage. Spreadshot weapons use a stock spread each time.
How special weapons work in VD:
VD has unique bullet and animation models for each class of weapon, including some explosive area of effect weapons as well as randomly generated spreads for the spreadshot weapons. Only weapons within the same class share shot/explosion animations, but they also have many classes with only a single weapon. There are also a class of weapon that charges up before firing, with muzzle velocity, impact, and damage relative to the charge level (and it’s another 3 part curve, not a linear more charge = more damage. No charge = 30% damage, max damage at 80% charge, max velocity at 100% charge ) There is a class of slow moving explosive energy weapons, there is a class of weapons that fires in a parabolic arc, etc.

I could go on and on and on.

They put a LOT of care into designing V/VD very carefully and very good to avoid the simplistic, dumbed down, and frankly terrible for multiplayer gameplay that FA had.

It's been known for a long time that the in-game stats for FA are using the same formulas from LR, minus a few things (LR actually had dynamic accelleration, FA doesn't). FA uses a new graphics engine but the gameplay engine is closest to AC3, since they removed a lot of the ACLR complexities regarding movement, tracking, and stat/animation variability in weapons.

I honestly don't know what allows them to sometimes escape the charge but my guess is that it's somehow tied to whatever stun meter the game uses to maintain universal 2-hit combo system going apeshit from a barrage of stun attacks and reset earlier than it should. Or maybe it's a simple lag. Happens pretty rarely for me though.

>people who do nothing but run away from you and spam pyromancies
>spam "point down" when the match inevitably times out
jesus christ.
Why did they get rid of the "lower HP loses" mechanic from DS2? Atleast then you could just tag those faggots with a dinky knife then let them play their shitty pussy game until they lose

The WA is okay. If you do it at point blank, the first hit stuns into the rest. The issue is that if there's even a tiny bit of latency, then anyone can roll away from it, like some dagger combos. At long range, you can hope people aren't used to the range and don't double roll. It's very good at catching people who roll into you though, one of its best uses.

Whips need such specific ways to fight against people, as I said, every time he rolled, you had to be into the whip range but outside your own weapon range. The windows you have for those tend to be so small it's just too hard to get enough of them in a fight for a tiny bit of damage. I suggest you try whips to see how their playstyle is like

This is just a theory, but I noticed most times I escaped it versus other people, they started it point blank and I was stunned by the first part of the charge

And the cherry on the cake:

ARMORED CORE V/VD MECHS ARE FASTER THAN FA MECHS.

FA mechs move at higher speeds. No question. But the ranges are so far and the mechs are so large that the apparent speed of the enemy on-screen is a lot slower.

Because they're smaller in-game and the field of view is different, ACVD mechs move on screen MUCH faster than FA mechs. They're twitchier and dodge quicker.

ACV only feels slower because you move across the ground slower, but if you ignore the ground and focus on the actual enemies moving around you, people whizz by at much faster speeds, and the top speeds for movement are still comparable to FA, at roughly ~1000 kph.

All in all, FA mechs move across the ground about 20% faster, but they are 300% larger and fight at 300% longer ranges, making them roughly half the speed of VD mechs.

Also, since VD has wider dynamic range for damage, players die much faster. This makes gameplay way faster than FA, as long as you know how to actually play the game.

So fuck off with your "VD is a shitty game" nonsense. It makes FA look like Tetris by comparison.

You're not answering my question. I know whips are shitty weapons. I've PvPd with whips before. I like PvPing with shitty weapons.

You're not answering why you're defending the strategy of running away until a match times out because you can't get safe hits in otherwise.

Oh, i will check this out but i remember quite a few times when it combo'd after a point blank stun.

>mfw using heysel pick with heavy armor

Thanks whoever suggested going heysel pick for sorcerer, this thing is way more fun than I thought it would be. A shame I can't use it one-handed and still get poise.

>lower HP loses
Dump all levels in big and the rest in end and run forever
>lower hp% loses
Spar for a bit, back away and switch to dusk ring at the last moment

Because that strategy is what works the most.

Winner should be based on the number of combos you land. Lower HP % only if both have landed the same number of combos.

From doesn't know how to make multiplayer

Mate, employing a strategy that, if countered, simply makes the match time out isn't viable. You're just wasting everyones time.

Pick a meta weapon if you're too shit to actually fight and win with whips.

You duelfags are hilarious

Have you never played a fighting game before

Why did my thread turn into autism so fast, is this my fault?

/dsg/ - Armored Core and Kings Field General

Except those things never happened in the DS2 arena, which was % based.

I'm sorry, but your fantasy "everyone would..." scenarios don't work if they're proven to not happen.

Petite traps make him feel like a big guy for you

Great webm until you pointed down.

Really starting to hate my trigger buttons now.

i ban him, i ban him...

>not pointing down just to harvest some salt
You're doing it wrong nigga.
Shame there's not much mocking gestures in ds3 or i would spam all of them over their bodies.

What SL/upgrade level do you invade in the archives at?

>ironically pointing down
Literally the same thing.
Why don't you post your original character and your dA why don't you Edgelord Mckenzie?

What about pointing down to make people mad is "ironic"?
Seems pretty genuine to me

>That desperate blue running in place

Kek

It's not ironic, shouldn't you call someone losing despite advantage shit?

Problems with Dark Souls 3

-Spells double dip, should take FP not FP and Stamina.
-Slower weapons need more than HA on the beginning frames to be viable.
-Most WAs are useless, the Tootsiepop tech is just a temporary solution and will likely get patched
-Little to know depth in PvP
-Aggressor is always at the disadvantage, it's a reason why passive-reactionary play is the best way to play currently
-Nerf quality/buff str and buff dex builds to quality levels (buff the heavy and sharp infusions)
-Reduce FP costs for Sorceries/Miracles/Pyromancies across the board
-Reduce iframes of current roll system to DaS1 equivalent.