Truckerfag Thread: Swift Shitpost Extravaganza

Obtaining a CDL: How does one do?

Where: Community College, Vocation Specific School (i.e. Trucker School)

How: Savings motherfucker, or financing - some schools finance, there's financial aid if you can go to a comm. college, banks hand out loans for CDL training all the time because lots of companies will pay it for you once you're hired.

>How can I into avoidings shit companies?
pastebin.com/Sv0cyWyH

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5pt03KRUiVc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Previous Bread

Ayy it's Whiney

>Arrive at yard today
>Truck ain't in parking spot
>Check at the shop
>'Shit the computer said you weren't leaving til tomorrow'
>Someone forgot to change that when they assigned me a load for today
>Truck already on stands with all its oil drained
>'Gonna take us at least another hour'
>Could make it just barely on time if there's enough fuel in it and I don't stop as soon as they're done, assuming it literally only takes an hour
Fun times.

Oh good, I guess fucking things up isn't exclusive to my company.

New loancuck o/o from last thread here. Got to the albany dmv 15 minutes before it closed on friday, by some miracle I got it registered. Got to the truck, and 10 miles after pulled out of the lot one of the shiny not-chrome hubcaps flies off and ping-pongs between 3 cars. Lost a second one at some point but nobody flagged me down so i guess its on the side of the road somewhere

i like how they always wait for any maintenance to be started before giving you loads
my favorite was getting call as i get into the yard
>gordo can you deliber this to Oregon is hot ld

Uh, i just told you im in the shop for the oil change that's almost 8k overdue

>but iz hot ld,do change later

Trucks already in line,plus you pulled this on me already in cali and had me sit for a week.

>but,but iz hot ld..

hung up and started chatting with a driver who has been available for the last 3 days and has to go to Oregon for home time. so i told him of it and he said they wouldn't give it to him but wouldn't say why. also the "hot load" line always cracks me up you don't pay me anything more for hot loads, telling me just ensures i know You are getting paid more.

SWIIIIIIIIFTPOOOOOOOST

>just ate 4 rollerdogs in less than an hour

Feels like death

> All those phones
> All those people
> Just for some skinny short-haired white girl with no tits
Fuck I hate pop music.

have any of you trucker fags posted a pay stub? I never believe the money you guys say you make because my uncle was a trucker until recently and I know damn well he wasn't making that much money, especially considering how long you are gone for.

Perhaps your uncle was just stupid?

Garbagefag used to post his all the time.

>hot load
For company cucks that usually just means the load planner forgot about the load until the deadline, so it has to move before anything else before they start incurring service failure fines.

>WAT Trucking LLC

Jesus fuck, I leave for 2 years and this shit actually happens?

What the shit man.

So that's a week worth of loads? Just curios. I know pay/loads fluctuate.

It happened in 2012.

Yeah, Monday-Friday pretty much.

WELP. Shows how much I know haha.

Or how much I remember. Fuck.

Whats going to happen when the self-driving trucks take over?

>thought current load had delivery time for 1pm tomorrow
>just noticed it's 01:00 and not 13:00

Rip in pieces sleep cycle

Drivers will spend every week sitting in the shop waiting for emissions and driver assist technologies to be repaired.

>feels New Mexican, man

>my own pers/o/nal blog

You seem upset

Basic income and reparations

Been bobtailing from Georgia to Mississippi and when I go to use the brakes I have to almost push them damn near to the floor. What does this mean, and how fucked am I?

>planner fuck up
yeah that is usually the case. my dispatcher at the time was notorious for making us take already going to fail runs cause im pretty sure he was banging the planner. then he would get on our case for the fuck ups and do write ups and what not. so glad i worked there before the mandatory loads.
it means you should slow down cause you dont have brakes anymore.

Still made it on time so it wasn't that big of a fuck up.
Skyline ain't never been that dumb.
I'd still hit it.
I had 1.5 earlier. I don't know why I subject myself to this.
See I know that feel all too well.
10/10
What are slack adjusters?

tfw i make more money than all of you driving my van

>What are slack adjusters
Aren't those my DM's bosses?

Veeky Forums newfag here.

>JUN 2016
>Leave army
>Goto PAM Transport
>Army sponsored Stevens Transport is shit
>CR England and Swift worse
>Have CDL for 3 months now
>Refuse to back into *most* truck stop parking spots unless easy
>First attempt at a 70° with little space in a while
>Smash dudes mirror
>Fuck
>Only incident
>Some weeks I get low as fuck miles
>17.5 cpm
>Highest pay 1200
>Every other check 300-400 bucks
>Don't know much CB lingo
>No body uses CB anyway

Trucking is ok. I want to goto Quest Global, k ow someone there, slow week is 700 bucks, most weeks 100-1200, good weeks top at 1400. Going to be fun having to pay back 6000 for my tuition. PAM fucking sucks tho.

Is that mirror going on my DAC report?

if you're worried about DAC just apply at companies that don't use it. Plenty of medium & small trucking outfits that don't use it (DAC is a paid service)

This is helpful. I'm aiming to go work for my neighbors small outfit next year and I was worried that was gonna fuck me.

He said to either buy a truck or I can use an empty one he has. I kinda want to buy something with a CAT powerplant.

Im about to send a email to this recruiter for >knight about trucking
what should i ask her
[spoiler]>implying i will be told the truth[/spoiler]

>WAT Trucking LLC... kek

100% of what they tell you and agree to on the phone will be a lie to get you on a bus to the orientation. they will then hem and haw untill you agree to the terms they set. so..ask for tits i guess.

One for each chin?

I'd post mine, but I work for a small famitly owned company and they just print mine out with a laserjet on standard A4 paper. Looks dodgy af when you apply for a loan.

>What are slack adjusters?
Havent murrican trucks realized this is the 21st century and auto slack adjusters exist.

Far as I'm aware all modern 'Murican trucks have self-adjusting slack adjusters, but they can still fuck up.

>CAT powerplant
CAT engine a best

I wish modern engine bays were that simple.

You dented one car. It's not like you took down a utility pole or anything.

>shit ton of hard fuel lines shaking all over the place
Nothx.

In other news, transmission shifts smooth as glad now. No more hesitation, dozen attempts to revmatch a gear, slamming into gears on upshift or downshift, and no more getting stuck in 6th. Only complaint is that my fuel economy is down about 20%, possibly from all the contact the gear teeth are making.

Just sand those off and it should stop.

Automatic doesn't mean immune to failure, meathead.

Fair point, and I feel the same. I just wish modern engine bays didn't have a gorillion goddamn wires going everywhere.
Is this a net improvement?
And weld the diff, too.

>School bus crash in Chattanooga
>Rumor is 6 kids dead
>All elementary-aged
>'Speed may be a factor'
>Photo of the scene is bus on its passenger side, slammed roof-first into a tree and bent like a boomerang
Goddammit I know that dumb fuck was driving 15 over at least. All the bus drivers in East Tennessee drive like goddamn lunatics, I know this from experience.

>WAT trucking LLC

Maximum keks

>be primefag
>get back to main terminal
>truck is magically fixed
>it sat for three weeks over bad fuel
>fucking bad god damn fuel
>proceed to roast the dealer over the situation
>realize keys for my car are still with the truck and its gone
>key being overnighted here
>now in line for our own cuckshed

>working retail
>guy who works Pepsi delivers shows up
>talks about his hours
>get how much he makes an hour out of him

Said 16.85 an hour, does that sound about right? I might just drop what I'm doing and go work that shit.

>Work retail or drive a truck locally, getting exercise and a change of scenery

Even if it pays the same, it sounds like a better deal than being a sales cuck.

>sales cuck

I do store shelf stocking, I unload general goods and move them to the shelf 4 days a week for 9.50 an hour.

Ranging from shit like shampoo, womens pads, medical supplies to bikes and grills. I also end up assembling the bikes and grills.

The work is fucking easy. I consider any job I work 40 hours a week fucking a cake walk after working 90+ hour shifts.

It's not great pay to be a route delivery person, and usually they jam pack your day so fucking full you work extra hours. But it's better than sitting in retail all day. I left the office job life a few years ago to work outdoors. I make less money, but I was never going to be rich either way, so I'd rather have slightly less stuff and be happy.

>90+ hour shifts
Where the FUCK were you working before?

US Navy deployments in a Helicopter squadron. 7 days, no off time 5am to 7pm, 3 to 6 months straight.

On shore 6am to 7pm Monday through Friday. Made about 30k a year with COLA.

Yeah sounds about right. In better markets like here in CA SF Bay it's around $20-21.
It's back breaking work tho. I turned that down to make a little bit more with half as much work in my current job.

Figured it was military-related

Yup, been in this position for about three months. So many grumpy people around me who hate they have to work 40 sometimes 45 hours a week. I'm literally the happiest fucking person in this store.

Bus driver user here, this is so true desu senpai.

Some of my coworkers are fucking retarded and should not be allowed to operate any kind of vehicle, let alone a school bus.

Naturally it's the black female drivers that are the absolute worst, we have 3 of them and it's amazing that they haven't killed anyone yet.

> tfw one of them backed a new trip bus into a telephone pole and smashed a mirror

Yeah I bet it's a cake walk for ya

So I might sign on with Prime in the near future.

They have this $100 "enrollment fee" that I'd have to pay.

I'm wondering if there's a way around it.

>willfully paying to be a cuck in a cuckshed
Now I've heard it all.

Don't.
Buses should have nanny devices for turns and accel/braking, much moreso than us truckers.

Should I say that to the recruiter?

>Don't
pay the fee or drive for Prime?

Look into PAM. They've got newer cucksheds, and they're automatics!
t. PAM cuck

>automatics!
but driving a manual is f fun , right guys?
cute anime girl jpg

i thought it was mandatory to not back in any situation for school bus. like they designed schoolbus parking just for this.

LOl NEVER pay for a job EVER. In ANY industry. No real company makes you pay them to do your job. I didn't think people actually fell for this shit.

Wew lad, usually it's them paying you a bonus for getting cucked.

ALSO
Got my first Level 1 Inspection today. I centered my tandems at the 40' mark instead of centering it at the rear axle, so they pulled me in for inspection. They gave me a warning but other than that I passed.

Pepsifag would be the (black guy?) to ask about the nitty gritty of delivering cases of refreshing, delicious Pepsi products to hard working, fun loving Americans, but if you can make more money, and not be surrounded by lazy, miserable fucks all day long, I'd say do it.

Why the fuck does anyone become a trucker when we have automation literally here already.
Godammit u wage slaves will do anything but adapt to a new world and get a better job.

youtu.be/5pt03KRUiVc

Memes.jpg

Where at?

What do you guys think about "Ice Road Truckers"?

>100% failure rate

You're a mong.

>right into the side of a truck

I'll mong le your cock.

San Bernardino going up the I15. God damn Commiefornia man.

Lel. I used to live off the 210.

no snow , great weather wats not to like?
took the 41 south from fresno to the coast , real nice at the coast

>truck overturning winds 3 months a year
Santa Annas a shit.

We inspection now

Did you like it here? Seems like a nightmare of smug people and egregious cost of living.

Other than the fact that Commiefornia has a bunch of meme laws, bad drivers, hate for truckers, self entitled babies, undertow in every beach, smog, smug, constant wildfires and more trailer parks than houses, nothing I guess.

inb4 muh Silicon Valley!

> The driver in the fatal school bus crash near Chattanooga, Tennessee, was traveling "well above the posted speed limit of 30 mph" when he lost control of the bus Monday, swerving off the roadway, according to an arrest affidavit.

> Driver Johnthony Walker "lost control of the bus and swerved off of the roadway to the right, striking an elevated driveway and mailbox, swerved to the left and began to overturn, striking a telephone pole and a tree," the affidavit says.

> At least five children were killed in the crash, school officials said.

D I N D U N U F F I N

Covers your hotel stay for orientation I believe.

They don't need to do it though. Prime gets a huge tax break for every person that sets foot on that dormitory (because that's what it is, a dorm) and that tax break is well over the cost of bringing that employee in and housing them for a few days.

They get the break even if the new hire fails a drug test or is on prescription meds that their recruiter said were okay to drive on but they get to their physical and are told to go home. I've seen it happen several times over 1/3 of all the people they bring in go home in the same week and Robert Low still gets a tax break for ALL of them.

To answer your question, it's not a bad outfit and their training program is okay. I don't think there's a way around that. If you get here in the next week come find me I'm in between trucks.

Penis?

Goddammit of course he was. Ignorant fuck.
Keks. Got pulled into the weigh station in Georgia. Need to get a new fire extinguisher. Good otherwise.

>them red eyes

I left when I was 18 and I've never been back.

Fucking racist driveways and telephone poles.

>great weather
Either harsh beating sun that'll kill you if you spend too long in it, baking dry heat, or rain so heavy it'll knock you down and flay your skin from your bones?

Fucking americans have no idea of what good weather is. Gentle sunshine, light rain, nothing outright trying to kill you. You have to be flat-out stupid to be killed by british weather.
And that includes 'living in the scottish highlands'. Nobody smart chooses to live there.

he's still in shock. probably wont get out of jail either. i imagine he's on suicide watch too.

Good, this place is a dumpster fire.

This guy gets high.

Just started with a small outfit. 8 drivers total for a dedicated set. Running foam and plastic containers. Home weekends, paid %24 of load (company) and local only. Only part that sucks is paper logs and hand unloading of a shitton of boxes onto pallets. Maybe I'll start losing weight.

Owner ops, did you buy your truck with own money or through a lease purchase option?

why not a standard dock height trailer? what am i missing here?

mmkay. Do you know what kind of drug tests I'd be doing? It shouldn't be an issue, but the hair test scares me a little bit.

hair and piss test usually. dont think they are doing blood samples yet due to cost.

>mfw last load until home time
>mfw it's a live unload

because it's probably loads that require a higher ceiling height and shippers/recievers on this run dont' require dock height trailers

The trailer hauls potato chips. That means it's 60% empty when completely loaded. If they make the trailer floor lower, then can fit a couple more layers of chip cases per skid.

>load of empty beer cans
>whatcha haulin?
>sailboat fuel
>isn't that hazmat?

You lads ever work out of Louisiana? This whole state is fucking weird but I really like it.