Mini Hatch

>Similar proportions to original CRX
>Decent visibility
>Face like the child of a Miata and a Subaru Bugeye
>Small, light and good in the corners

Why don't I see this car mentioned on Veeky Forums? What deep dark secret does it have that ruins everything else it has going for it?

Mini dick stereotype

It needs a new engine every 50k miles

>what ruins everything else it has going for it?

The Fiesta ST is
>a bit cheaper
>a bit faster
>a bit more agile
>a bit more reliable

If styling is important to you though, a Cooper is obviously superior inside and out though.

That doesn't stop the Miata from being loved by car guys. It must be more than just that...

Non miata drivers tend to consider miata drivers as faggots. My favorite thing to do is ask the owners if their miata is fast. They will quickly go full defense mode and start rambling about "muhh handling"

I actually don't like the mini's styling, but I'm intrigued by its size; the mini is almost eight inches shorter, but has the same wheelbase. On the US market there isn't anything but the fiat 500 in its size class.

That should put the mini ahead then; absolutely nothing in its class is fast.

THAT is a MIDI this is a mini learn the difference and yes there was a hatch version availible but it was custom made from john cooper works.

A Mini and the brand MINI are none alike... There is a difference really...

32 000 € without options

Holy Kek ?!?!

what's one of the shittiest value of any car I ever saw

Yup bit pricey indeed. However it does have all the gimmicks a 5 series has. Part for the tech part for the brand. It's unfortunate how dem things work.

32000€ without options ? where do you live mate ? In France the Mini Cooper S 184hp start at 23 000€ without options, 32k would be with all the options, or almost all of them...

the miata has also excellent balance, great gearbox, amazing suspension and is rwd
it's also a great platform with a lot of potential to be truly fast

meanwhile new minis are kinda shit, well, that's maybe too harsh but they defenitely don't live up to their predecessor

and speaking of which, old coopers are what i hold in high esteem especially for it's excellent handling
i had a chance to drive one and it really deserves all the respect it gets

It's not a sensible choice and Veeky Forums is a conservative website.

I wouldn't dream of buying one new.
I live in the United States, where ten-year-old, 120K mile minis are about 6k USD or 5.6K euros.

I owned a 2015 hardtop one as DD,

I absolutely enjoyed the car, a ton of fun and some decent power. Only downside really is expensive bmw parts.

Also if you are going to get a mini. DO NOT BUY THE OLDER GENS. first few gens are absolute dogshit in quality, the newer gens are much better quality, especially the 2015 + ones

I get it, you're autistic and annoyed that they had to make them a lot bigger and lose the trademark cone suspension to meet regulations in the modern car industry. Cry me a fucking river. The new ones are nice in their own way and those are the ones we are talking about in this thread.

You know how everyone bitches how newer BMWs can be unreliable moneypits?

Well the Mini is a FWD BMW hatchback. At least if you buy a 3-Series you get the industry's benchmark on how a FR coupe should drive. If you drive a Mini Cooper you're not getting a better car than say:

A 1990s Civic/Integra
A Fiesta ST
A Mazdaspeed 3
A 06-11 Civic Si

valet here. have driven a lot of minis, like them but i dont think i could daily them because of how stiff the suspension is. harshest ride of any car ive ever driven, and i prefer hard stiff suspensions

>BMWs are unreliable moneypits
I don't believe in badgewhore physics

>1990s Civic/Integra
You must live well south of the rust belt if there are still 90s civics driving around that haven't turned into swiss cheese. Also I don't want a car that you can break into with a toothpick and start by putting your thumb in the ignition; I'm buying a car for me, not for whichever Tyrone steals it a week later.

>Fiesta ST
I hate the four-door fiesta and they don't sell the two-door in the US (not that I can afford one anyway).

>Mazdaspeed 3
>Civic si
Mazdaspeed 3 and the '11 Civic are both much larger than the Mini hatch and not really in the same class.

the mini brand is owned by bmw. theres your problem right there. i dont give a shit that the only thing it shares with its brother is no rear seat room. and the last gen 2001 actually did meet regs. it had mutipoint fuel injection, airbags and 5 speeds. the only problem was the styling had been dated since the 80s because the poms were too pig-headed to update it when they were broke in the 90s. plus the midi has power steer issues. the new midis are only really bought by real estate agents and majority of them are female.

I live in NYC, we still have a ton of them running around.

I'd still rather take a 1990s Civic and spend the money I'd spend on repairs on a garage instead. Get something like a 92-95 EG (Sedan, Hatch, or Coupe, I'm not picky) from the South and do a basic B-Series VTEC, add a LSD, keep A/C, Heat, and PS and stock/window-welded mounts to keep NVH down. Do a Yonaka 2.5" exhaust (Apexi WS2 clone) to keep it reasonably quiet. Type R brakes, rear swaybar, and reasonably soft spring rates (250/300lb F/R Konis/GCs or Bilstein/GCs). Keep it in a garage, and don't go to any gay fucking meets and no one will touch it.

You don't have to do this to any of those cars, btw:

>Fix mushroomed strut caps (yes, with bad potholes or hard driving the strut caps will deform).
>Fix bad steering racks (a bitch to do) and broken electric PS pumps (either fails or stays on after you shut car off)
>Fix oil leaks, oil leaks everywhere
>Fix bad plastic cooling systems like literally every BMW product since the dawn of time (expansion tank, radiator, water pump, thermostat housing)
>Fix bad timing chain tensioners that can make it skip timing and nuke valves
>Fix bad VANOS/VVT issues from the PO not changing the oil often enough, common when most were owned by boomers
>Rebuild superchargers with a 100,000 mile lifespans
>Walnut blast intake valves/manifolds or beat the living fuck out of it everywhere you go to avoid carbon buildup

Badgewhore physics are real. Do you really think Mini unreliability is some kind of meme? A used 3-Series is actually more reliable and nicer to drive. Shit, even a 500 Abarth is better, pretty cheap used too. Look for a 2ZZ Toyota (Celica GT-S) if you want a small light car too.

>Veeky Forums is a conservative website

Conservatives aren't weeaboos who masturbate to traps. Veeky Forums defies political categorization