What went wrong?

What went wrong?

literraly nothing ?

Time. Turbocharged 6 cylinders will be the slow blade that takes the push-rod V8 from us.

That looks so good

Made a few good cars in the 60s then rode on boomer brand loyalty for 50+ years.

Cut Oldsmobile and Pontiac thinking Chevrolet, Buick and Cadillac could keep them alive.

That's a ford.

This.

They're alive and well today, so I wouldn't exactly say what "went" wrong, though they've earned their reputation as low priced low quality vehicles.

In the 80's they got BTFO by the japs, because they had gotten too comfortable with foreign cars being expensive, so it was really only the big 3 "competing" with each other.

In the 90's they continued to churn out even cheaper badge engineered garbage, effectively teaching America that Foreign cars were the way to go if you wanted a cheap car that would last more than 3 years. Almost all GM vehicles from the 90's are not on the road anymore.

In the 00's things started to improve, offering better cars than they had previously. Then the big shit happened, and they cut some of their best brands because the government believed they'd do better with just 3 main lines to focus on (Buick is for china).

I'd say they've been steadily improving ever since, but just as a person anecdote, my friend's brand new Cruze has an engine light on 3 months after buying it.

Only good things they make not-shit are trucks and the corvettes (besides c7). Interesting enough the trucks and corvettes use the same engine families.

I wouldn't buy anything from gm that wasn't an Ls engine. All their current lineup sucks balls.

They didn't put popup headlights on the Pontiac Sunfire.

This shitbox represents GM.

meh i wish we got those in our country

Everything

The only thing they make that im interested in was the Chevrolet SS.

But the fucking Australians decided not to make them anymore and now im forced to buy a shitty fucking BMW if i want a 4 door RWD. The SS was even a RWD v8 and the only car they made that looks good

everything went right dumass,

Beancounters (jews)
Muh corvette halo car
Unions.

May I perhaps interest you in the only worthwhile RWD V8 available on the market today, the Dodge Charger?

>c-c-chrysler!!!! C-CHYRSLER!!!!!!!!!!

>almost all 90s gm cars aren't on the road anymore
I agree with everything you said except this. Might be different where you are but I see a ton of 90s gm cars around. I'd agree if you said early 90s, but I do see a ton of late 90s gm cars around, hell I daily one
Not to say they are good, some were, but most were very boring and/or cheap

Just think, in 2040, you can import a skidded to death 2015 HSV for the mere sum of 120k kangabux.

>not turbo 4pots and v6's
Dude where have you been theres literally only one car maker making decent i6's these days and its BMW unfortunately

Wait Yanks never got the SS in HSV trim? Thats fucking shit

This is when you realize that Americans truly hate other Americans more than anyone else on this earth

What went right?

THIS WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A WORD WITH YOU

Why does anyone respond to these shit threads?

That's not a chevy?

That's the joke, retard.

Generally, the motors.

GM was never good.
They only survive because of brand loyalists and muh I only buy American Brands.

Pontiac was always garbage.

"too big to fail"

They should have stayed bankrupt

What went wrong in your life? Jump off a bridge you underage furfaggot nigger. I'll piss on your grave, although you're probably into that.

Found gm's marketing team

Mad

Ive seen some good GM butthurt in my days... but man