What does Veeky Forums think of the Mazda MX-3, especially the 1.8 V6 models?

What does Veeky Forums think of the Mazda MX-3, especially the 1.8 V6 models?
>anyone currently owning one?
>anyone owned one in the past?
>anyone thinking of/on the verge of buying one?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KVtxQmHE030
mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123643911-2-0-bp-start-up-and-build-pics-in-AWD-MX3&s=3712ccc5394f1987465c2f40481c1c32
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=KVtxQmHE030

>1.8 v6

Its pretty interesting I think. I might buy one if I can buy one cheap

I haven't driven one yet, but they seem somewhat fun (yet practical). I'd really like to own one. And the V6 has a nice sound.
In fact,an MX-3 is one of my unusual/less known dream cars

holy shit

I'm lucky enough to live close to someone who's selling their mx-3 for £700, and by the looks of it, it doesn't seem to bad. Definitely one to consider

/thread

bump

kys

They're super cheap, but pretty rare. I found a 1.8 V6 for $700... It's only got 300k miles!

wtf how

Ugly. But nice.

Rainy country
>90's mazda
Legendary rust-prone car

Nice

I've done a ton of research on these.
The V6 is from the same engine family as the KLZE, which bolts right in. Good engines, quite advanced for their time, sound fantastic. Ignition coil tends to fail however, and the ignition coil is inside the distributor so it's an expensive part to replace. There are ways to turn it into an external coil/igniter setup or even going fully distributorless, though.
The unibody is shared with the 323, so most suspension parts for a 323 and all its variants will fit. I think the one part that won't swap right over is the sway bar, which uses a different method of connecting to the suspension arm.

Also a fun little extra, the inline 4 version can be converted to AWD using AWD Protege or 323 GTX/GTR parts.

Basically check for rust and make sure there's no ignition problems.

Poor person's CRX

>converted to awd
How?
Link?

Rarely seen up here in Canadaland now, saw a ton of them around 10 or so years ago. Popular mod was getting the JDM Mazda V6 and slamming it in.
Sadly most have been wrapped around poles or driven into the ground since.

It may be rainy, but the car has 110k miles and it isnt that rusty, you see cars with half the miles sometimes with just as much. of course ill be inspecting the car as thoroughly as i can just to make sure.

There cant be more than 200 v6 models left that still work, and i can imagine a lot of those are auto's but i dont know for sure...

There's a guy in my state that has a boosted 1.8 v6 and it sounds cool as fuck when he plants it around the corners near my place

Bretty gud user

Great engine. Mediocre chassis. If a Civic had this engine, it'd be godtier.

Too bad Mazda never put the 1.8 V6 into the Miata.

Lots of people put them in aftermarket so there mustve been a decent following for them. They shouldve done it desu

mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123643911-2-0-bp-start-up-and-build-pics-in-AWD-MX3&s=3712ccc5394f1987465c2f40481c1c32
Very old thread and pics don't work anymore, but I found at least one other AWD build when I was searching.

C H E C K E D

>poor persons CRX
>is faster than the CRX

????

checked

naa mate, its just an older car with a quirky engine that sounds nice made by mazda.

CHECK'D
H
E
C
K
'
D

Even the singlecam CRX can easily follow a v6 MX-3. It's heavier than you think.

MX-3 has softer suspension, and the engine is more linear. Very different cars even though they are in the same segment.