Backed into some guys bull bar

Backed into some guys bull bar.

how much do you think this is gonna cost me? :^(

What car is it?

2003 350z

more than you can afford, pal

Might be looking at a few hundred bucks at a panel beaters.

$2800

w-what? your not serious right, i was thinking less than 500$

>plastic fender
lol.

Now that we got that out of the way you are looking at 2-3k man. You need a new fender, bumper, and paint.
hahaha, just painting a bumper costs far more than that.

Sorry dude, hopefully you have collision coverage.

Not possible if you want to fix it properly, have to blend way out into the quarter. Might need major surgery on the quarter as well because of that crease right up next to the gas cap, depends how good you want it to be. If you're OK with a repair that you'll always be able to see if you look closely you can get it done for cheaper.

Why so much? They would just have to fade in the bumper, pull out the piece below the gas cap, then fade that in.

Oh damn that is metal? That is a nasty ass crease.
The whole entire bumper must be painted, you have metal work that needs done (nasty crease), you may or may not need a new bumper. It's going to cost $500 just to tear the car apart enough they can work on it. Labor is like $90/hr dude.

Are you joking?
That's an easy $2k min

It's just a really unfortunate position. No way that dent is getting pulled out without getting a huge amount of filler afterwards. I'm just talking for a factory quality repair. With modern paints you have to blend over a huge area. Go shop around and just ask how they intend on fixing the dent, that will give you an idea of how good the repair is likely to be.

Drill it n fill it. $30
$50 if you want it painted

You could probably buy the bumper for like $300 on eBay.

The paint is what will cost at least $1500.

Is it really that hard to just pull it out and fade the paint? I only paid 7k for the car. What should I do?

I'd make an insurance claim bud. You do pay the extra $300/yr for full coverage right?

>Is it really that hard to just pull it out and fade the paint?
Doing it properly? Yes. If you have insurance I would use it. If not IDK, I do my own bodywork anyway so I've never been in that position. I'd probably have a cheap shop do an OK job for $1k or less and live with it I suppose.

no...

widebody the bitch, bro

You're forgetting about the metal work. Wouldn't be surprised if that tacks on another 700-1k to the price.

Yup. It really is that hard. You'll look twice before backing up again though, right?

Then your choice is either drive the car as is, or cough up some serious cash. Don't cheap out on the repair either, some body shops do seriously shitty work.

Theres no way I want to invest that kinda money into this car, what would the disadvantages of a shitty job with fading the paint look like?

You'll just see it if you look closely. With the way that crease is right up into the gas cap area while also on a convex curve it will never be perfect without a ton of work. If they don't do a big blend you'll see a blend line. It's no big deal, you could probably even sell the car without someone knowing, but to the right eye it will be obvious.

You'll piss away money, it won't ever look right, and it will take value off your car when you sell it.

Then pull it put best you can and start laying down the filler

What would it look like? Since its just once simple fold, what would look weird?
>sorry if these are obvious questions, ive never hit anything before ;-;

Just get behind it with a rubber mallet and bang on it, you might have to sand the shit out of it to get rid of the crease while also putting on bond, then paint it and put on a wide body kit to hide the mess.