How to upgrade Veloster engine

Hey guys I just got a really nice 2015 Veloster Reflex (dual clutch tranny, leather interior, backup camera, sporty suspension) but the engine is pretty weak (turning off traction control helps a bit)

I've never upgraded an engine before so where should I start? What part is the best horsepower improvement for the price?

>veloster
>dual clutch
>backup camera
>""""sporty"""" suspension

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

cuck

>Hey guys I just got a really nice 2015 Veloster Reflex
What does it feel like to be grabbed by the pussy?

not helping, go post another supercar thread faggot

>What part is the best horsepower improvement for the price?
sell the Veloster and buy something that isn't shit.
The Veloster is a terrible car, and unless you have the turbo model, there's nothing you can do with it. Hell, even with the turbo model, there isn't much beyond a tune. The Veloster is nothing but a restyled Hyundai Accent.

Would a new intake and exhaust system help? How do I choose an exhaust system?

I'm not trying to rice the car out I just want it to have a little more kick

Sell that POS and buy something else.

>Would a new intake and exhaust system help? How do I choose an exhaust system?
It won't be noticeable aside from being louder. Anything under a 12% improvement you will not notice. An intake will net you 2 HP at most and an exhaust 10 at most. Nowhere near the 12% required for you to even feel a difference. All you would succeed in is making it louder.

There is nothing you can do. Sell the car and buy something that ISN'T shit.

How do people even buy hyundais? Is it the first dealer they go to because "muh warranty?" I drove a sonata and it was the most unrefined piece of shit i've ever driven. Everything about it felt clunky and the rearview mirror fucking creaked if i tried to move it. A 2016 car made of plastic and they wanted 27k
The 3k civic meme would be so much better
>inb4 why was i there
They pay you 50 bucks to drive their buckets

If you're needing to ask that then you probably shouldn't upgrade your car.

Go read up on a reputable source because you have a lot of learning.

you don't need to change the exhaust pipe diameter but getting a new muffler (the one in the center) could get you 5 to 10% hp. although a major change in flow will make your engine get anal so you don't want any flowmasters under there. check out Magnaflow and Borla

cold air intakes are a myth. they do make a minor change(often a negative one on newer cars) but your best bet is putting a pod filter in your stock airbox where i bet you can get up to 5 hp. this will take some drilling but i've seen it made to look just like stock. pod filters sound fast and that's why people say they feel the +/-2 hp their "cold" air intake gives them.

you could also get a tuning company to reflash the ecu. this is where you'll be seeing real horses but it will have some effect on your fuel economy

i'd get an older car if i was calling the shots

Trade it for a Turbo.

Pretty shit car to begin with desu

I have a 2016 base and I just live with it. No it is not fast, but that's not the point of this car. This car is forbgetting from A to B with more style than a 3k civic, and that's really it. Sure, uneducated faggots in daddy's Mustang will rev at you at the light, and you can rev back, but when the light turns green you are going to lose every time against that Ecoboost. Your only hope is outmaneuvering suckas weaving through traffic, which is totally doable given the Veloster has great steering for an econobox.

No it doesn't. It has some of slushiest most unresponsive steering ever given to a shitbox.

Confirmed for having never driven anything better than a fucking veloster.

With all respect, lay down before you hurt yourself. Leave the car alone and rather spend your money on something faster, naturally.
>My source is I have been doing this professionally for over 10 years.

DONT'. Do not spend ANY money AT ALL on that PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT. It doesn't deserve a single fucking dollar to be spent on it. It's a worthless car and """"upgrading"""" it would be a waste of money because you could've just bought something that's actually decent or even good for the same money.

Driving around cars you hate for free money.

I'll let somebody else fill in that four letter word.

C
A
S
H

KEK
U
C
K

It's a piece of shit. You could've gotten a fiesta st that actually has an aftermarket for the same price. Or you could've bought a faster used car for way less money.

Calm down, I know a guy who drives an s2000 and he loves his gf's veloster so it must be good.

Sell it.

Kek

that guys a cuck.

2016 Turbo owner here, can confirm this retard has no idea what he's talking about. I despise my Veloster and wish every day I had chosen differently.

>his gf doesn't have a velosturd turbo

looks like you're the cuck, friend.

also back to what the other guy said, i've dailied my s2000 for almost 3 years and comparing the two, the veloster is actually really good. is it best in its class? no. but is it fun as shit? absolutely.
it feels like a throwback to the proper shitbox cars when cars were actually somewhat fun and not overregulated.

No turbo no care

Nigger, fuck off. I don't have time for self-loathing Veloster owners that operate on the whims of what Veeky Forums approves and disapproves of.

I mean I've driven an s2k with bolt ons and it was a huge letdown. It's all perspective, once you drive a car that makes torque you'll understand user

Or it could just be that I have legitimate buyer's remorse because I made a poor decision to buy a shitty Korean slushbox and wish I'd grabbed something used for half the price with twice the quality.

Or it could be that you have no idea what quality is because in truth you are an underage first-time car owner that wanted something that would make you more appealing to the same sex without giving into the 3k Civic meme.