/ORG/

Welcome to Off Road General where everyone knows the road is for faggots.

Goat Edition

Other urls found in this thread:

denver.craigslist.org/cto/5844578472.html
goldcountry.craigslist.org/cto/5873758115.html
m.youtube.com/watch?v=bQFHty42nXw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

that's a pretty dang good deal. I would get that. I have a bunch of lenses I don't use, where are you in canuckistan? I could probably sell you some cheaply.

>GOAT.jpg
FIFY

Southern Ontario, senpai.
Will trade cigars for lenses. Also weed.

So should I get that option and then get lenses afterwards? The GoatPoaster recommended a cheapo $250 camera but I can probably swing $300 to finally be able to take enough good pictures to participate in this thread with things besides Swifties and walls of text.

I can do a trade of cigars for lenses. Would be tight. and yeah that's a super solid camera. My cousin had one that he traded for a D3200 and it was sweet. You can do a lot with the 18-55mm lens. I just prefer prime lenses because of the hipster DOF and I like the sharpness. I have a few that you could use.
>taken with an 18-55mm lens

Pic related. Shitty BlackBerry quality of my Ranger at work today.

Notice bad bumper as I get my winch powder coated.

Got him down to $300. I shouldn't haggle when drunk. Feel like if I responded in the morning, I would've gotten him down to at least $270. Ah well. Guess I own this thing now.

About to head to bed, but thanks for the shout out OP. Here's some original content for you. One goat in its natural habitat.

let me know when you want to trade.

I uh- can do that right now.
What's your steam.

No steam, contact info is here tho

denver.craigslist.org/cto/5844578472.html

I fucking see you over there

Reporting in...

Getting antsy. I want to hit some trails before it starts snowing hardcore here but I have to wait for the deer hunters to clear out of the forest :-\

I want a geo tracker so fucking bad

why are they so fucking hard to find in the midwest

who else is cold as fuck

>Tfw on my way to Hawaii
Shit will be cozy.

It actually ain't too bad in southern BC right now, just very very wet. Still warm enough to rip around without gloves on. The snow should be hitting the mountain trails any week now if not this week, looking forward to snow wheelies.

I looked at Trackers, Sidekicks, and Samurais all over Colorado for months. Everything was beat to hell, modified more than I wanted, or just over priced. I really wanted a stock (or very close to stock) one. After about 6 months, one showed up as a trade-in at work. It was perfect (and super cheap: under $2000!). Thus the legend of the Goat began.

Temp went up about 20° today (a little snow is still on ground from Thursday), but it's back down below freezing (and more snow) tonight.

>Texas
>balmy 68 degrees
I can't justright.png hard enough.

in with humby

Does anyone have a better idea for a bumper respray than a regular powdercoat then paint?

Vinyl wrap job? Something that won't mind if i ram into a few saplings or even a full tree.

Replace with a tubular bumper

Less stable than mounts. Plus harder to mount other things like snow plow.

What are the tubular bumpers coated with? Vinyl wraps?
I mean, I don't min repainting these things every 2 years.

Are early 2000s XTerras reliable? I just need something to last a year or two before I have a house and garage to store something nicer. Is spending $2500-3500 on an Xterra a good idea?

Same platform as the Frontier (navara). 2000 is old gen so that's good. I personally wouldn't even get a frontier newer than 08. Drove one for a week before getting my Ranger and compared to the F-150, Ram, and Frontier, the frontier did not fair well.

Old class Nissan is very reliable and since its on the 1st gen Frontier platform, you can't go wrong. Downsides are aftermarket parts and safety.

What's the body rust looking like? 4x4 working?

Are cuck truck post welcome?

I'm a cuck and I've got a big truck

A few years have issues with coolant getting into the transmission (bad design). Very expensive repair. I'd check what years are affected before purchasing. Outside of that, the usual complaint is they're underpowered for their weight.

Usually tubular bumpers are powder coated.
But since you have such a boner for vinyl wraps, just put that on it.

I got a 2000 XJ sport. I want to get some LED lights to mount on the front of my car before we get blizzards. recommendations on some decent led lights? not a light bar

cucks are not welcome whatsoever.

is there a lightweight suv with as much aftermarket as an 80s samurai?
thinking about getting one,specifically this one

>tube bumpers

as far as other Japanese SUVs I doubt it. Jeeps might have it beat when it comes to aftermarket, they are two door but not "light weight" though.

It rained a bit today in SD which means that everyone loses their shit at the mysterious sky water and every driver on the road spergs out

>not "light weight" though
i dont think thats fair. certainly they dont compare in terms of weight to the samurai but really nothing else does.
for a truck wranglers (especially earlier ones) are definitely light.

I'm mostly agreed with this.

But this too.

Tracker/Sidekick has a lot less aftermarket, but they have IFS (faster/smoother for light trails, can't do the big bouldering though). Also a few more creature comforts, generally.

>those jeans

Are you trying to say IFS is a positive thing? I'll give you that it is slightly more comfortable on road but come on man. It's undeniably, less capable, less strong and less reliable. 3 incredibly important things for /off roading/.

Also I have to agree with its time to get some clothes that fit my man that is really bad.

Well, not exactly... IFS is smoother (my wife complains if it's too bumpy), but that's about it. I don't do anything much harder than mining roads, so a beefy solid axle is more than I need.

You sound like my wife. I'm old and can't stand skinny/tight jeans. I can't wait for wideleg/baggy jeans to come back in vogue.

>Well, not exactly... IFS is smoother (my wife complains if it's too bumpy), but that's about it. I don't do anything much harder than mining roads, so a beefy solid axle is more than I need.
cool ill give you that then. if youre only doing mining/forest roads than theres no need.

as for the jeans, i always hear guys say this like the only two options are disgusting, beyond-baggy jnco style jeans or skin tight skinny jeans.

just get a normal fitting pair my man. it will be a whole lot more flattering.
something like pic related is a decent middle ground.

you literally look like you are wearing bell-bottom jeans from the 70s, its really bad dude.

>Also a few more creature comforts, generally.
Just more parts to hunt down. I have enough trouble getting parts for this damned Comanche and half of it is literally an XJ.

>tfw want to lift the pickup
>tfw want to put 32x11.5's on it
>tfw I'll just make unnecessary work for myself and always run the risk of getting caught and having to put it back to OEM, aswell as having to do it every two years anyways before inspection

I wish our laws were a bit more lenient

>run the risk of getting caught and having to put it back to OEM
wtf kind of cucked country do you live in
move to the land of the free faggot

tfw no snow it's just cold

cool truck mang

Standard round kc lights then

>LED
>XJ
F A C T O R Y
O
G
S

I was thinking A/C mostly. I don't have it in the Goat, but don't need it up in the Rockies. Folks elsewhere may feel otherwise.

>arm socks

user you're hurting me now.

I wish I wasn't so fucking poor.
goldcountry.craigslist.org/cto/5873758115.html

m.youtube.com/watch?v=bQFHty42nXw

LED lights would be awful for blizzards, you need something that shoots down onto the road, not something that throws light errywhere.

are stock jeep xj's good offroaders? A bit worried about the ground clearance of the live axles.

Ok come on though. If it went everywhere that would include down the road.

After you go down the long list of little shit you need to fix first like the headlight circuit. Otherwise they're fine just throw skidplates on and some 30's, lift if you need to.

I've personally never hit an axle

I did high center and tear off my transfer case skid plate once though. trim the fenders and disconnect the sway bars for full flex and they are decently capable stock

Those tires look pretty large compared to the stock ones, thus raising the ground clearance of the front axles significantly.
I've been told it would require a 2 inch lift and something in the realm of 265/75r16 tires to have the ground clearance of a 4runner/prado, patrol or pajero. Something I really really don't want to do.
Also see a lot of guys converting the rear leaf springs to coils. Looks costly, but how does it improve performance when compared to the stock rear suspension?
Only mod I want to do is skid plates, maybe put an lsd in the rear and run on good all-terrain stock sized tires.

Those are 30s, and aside from trimmed fenders it's 100% stock. Mine even has stock front and rear skid plates, and a stock transfer case skid until I broke it off.

thats patrol-tier flexing there. Very impressive.

planning on checking this car out this weekend. It's a 1996 XJ, 4.0l 190hp, 4 speed auto. Really hoping its the full time transfer case.
Owner says runs great and the engine runs smooth. States that he fixed all the electrical gremlins years ago.
I'm new to jeeps and is there anything I should look for, be wary of?

Hey /ORG/
Any of ya'll know about the hardbody?

Just picked up this '86 beauty for less than a grand, and aside from some small stuff, it seems to be in pretty good condition.
Any advice on how to make it a half-decent off-road machine, if it isn't already? I know the engine's a bit weak in these, are there any good swaps for this car?

Either way, it doesn't look like I'll have to spend more than $1500 to have it in tip-top shape, after everything is said and done.

we have legal lifted trucks in this country, I'm not sure about all the rules about it though and why it's illegal for this guy to do it

Why? Arm socks are that weird. Compared to his jeans, anyway (which are consistently made fun of).

Those look like boot cut. I see nothing wrong here, assuming he has good cowboy boots

Do you live in Silverton or Telluride or something? Photo dates seem like you're out there all the time.

Heard they're pretty good

Denver. Been twice to Ouray/Silverton for wheeling and whatnot. It's become a yearly thing, we'll go again next summer for wildflower season. I mostly wheel around St. Mary's Glacier, and out near Nederland, since it's only 1-2 hours from me. Ouray is an overnight or more.

Last year we were there the week before a big FJ Cruiser meet. Saw some pretty badass modded FJs. I imagine they do Black Bear Pass and shit like that. Too much for the Goat... We're just in it for the views.

Denver meet when

I never realized my fashion sense would be so interesting. Those jeans are sadly no more, and my new ones are less comfortable.

Correct... when I bought them. Boots (square toe, not cowboy) died before the jeans did, but a pair of jeans that's worn in just right is a wonderful thing.

That said, I leave "designer jeans" up to the wifey, pic related. (A little fanservice for ya!)

Sometime after the San Diego meet

I got a pair of rock and roll jeans and a pair of lariat dress denim I wear with my lucchese boots. It is a damn good look with the lucchese belt and a good matching fitted button down.

trucks and cowboy boots go together better than a fat kid and fudge.

Or OP's mom and dicks.

So very tempting to turn mine into a Black Mesa truck, but I fear I'd be labeled a huge autist haha

Looks fun breh. How much does one of those cost?

>there is nothing wrong with bootcut jeans

>ywn have a qt gf with arm socks

Is that a Neosignal hoodie?

bump

>4MB JPEG bump

WHOLE LOT OF PIXELS FRIEND.

Hello from the desert.

Hello from the mountains.

hello from the last mass shooting

hello

hello from my front yard

no bully pls

idk what that last bit says...
i am a bit disappointed this one doesnt have nigger written tiny in the corner

Anyone feeling helpful tonight? The Aisin manual hub on my 88 Toyota is locked up. Anything I can do besides spray the fuck out of it with PB blaster?

that is much better thank you.

>spray the fuck out of it with PB blaster
that is my normal go to for most things.

how long has it been locked for? a lot of the time things like those need to be exercised in order to function properly

At least since I bought it in September, probably years before that. I'm considering just buying a new pair, I thought they were alot more expensive than they are

I did manual hubs on the Goat. Cheap and easy as hell to do.

I need a lunchbox in my Jeep.

been thinking about going this route with my 80 as well. i hear good things about the aussie.
with the 80 if you do the cdl switch mod it is almost selectable too

Got the son of a bitch. Smacked it with a hammer alot