Subaru SVX

What's Veeky Forums's thoughts on this car? Is it worth picking up for $3-5k? What problems should I be wary of?

Why did it do so poorly in sales when it was introduced? Was it really that bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/5819905648.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

its just a normal subi so the normal crapola

damn 90s jdm will never come back so many weird wonderful cars i didnt even know about this car

Slow and reliable, worth 3-5K if it was properly maintained and has no rust. Probably didn't sell well because before the svx Subaru was know for making slow boxy cars that were simple and reliable. Subaru was known for family cars opposed to sportier cars, if which the svx was neither at first glance. The svx not selling well probably led Subaru to go back to making more wagons and less edgy design ques (legacy and outback and then forester)

I'd buy one if one would come up, and if I had the money

They can be "not bad" with some work, but it's a long and (relatively) expensive road. There's mistakes both big and small that were made at the factory that have to be corrected. The transmissions are shit, so you'll have to swap it with one from specific Legacys (ones with Flat-6s). And the brakes are prone to fucking themselves up, so you'll want to replace them with slotted rotors. That's not all the big shit, and then there's a bunch of little shit. I would not recommend one if you don't have a nice amount of disposable income. These cars cost the equivalent of over 50k in today's money, and they have the expenses to boot. It's a shame, really. They're just so damn cool.

>it's a long and (relatively) expensive road.
Damn, this is what I was afraid of. I mean I am looking for a project, so I guess I'm mainly just worried about cost.

How much would you estimate the whole cost would be when all is said and done? I don't mind spending a bit of money on it if in the end it is a reliable car, but I don't want to constantly be throwing money at it down the road.

Nice sileighty bro

Pssh, those don't have the sweet split windows.

From what I understand they didn't sell well because of how expensive they were. 25-35k usd in 1993, which is like 42-54k today.

Just buy one and do a manual swap then you'll be set

Is $5k worth it for 110k miles?

Related, how about a cheap XT? Been looking at one I wouldn't mind doing up (although it's the '85 model so no RWD or turbo)

>auto only
>almost as heavy as a 3000GT in 1995

It's a luxo cruiser you mongoloid bench racer.

Yeah, not a fan of the transmission. Probably gunna do a manual swap as soon as I can (from what I've read the transmissions are the first to go anyways).

I want this aesthetic back. Cars will never look this great again.

aesthetic as fuck

A 5spd from an early 2000s wrx works well, also an early to mid 2000s sti 6spd works well. They are very fun cars not only to drive, but to own. There is a close nit community that is more than willing to give you all the input you need.

Reason I know

>ive owned one for about 9 years, pic related

>$6000

i want this thing so bad.

seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/5819905648.html

have you done the manual swap?

Christ, if that had some wide box flares on it, my dick would explode.

>wide box flares

Heard parts are hard to find, sharp looking car otherwise

a blessing and a curse, they were much betteer than the supras and rx7's of their day but also harder to come buy. Fortunatly mellenials seem to overlook them ,so they are relativly untouched

So was the 3000GT.