>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Warhammer News

Wood Elves Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=hoiks2rQa9o

Wood Elves Let's Play:
vimeo.com/193870223/7bcb844b7b

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
Recent Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_4
Recent DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3b7EqQKAfIU
youtube.com/watch?v=O3wuS5zY_E4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ahhh /twg/… the eternal general

KATANA SAMURAI DA GOZAIMASU

>egyptian themed skeleton army still not announced

Barbarians get out!

What should I be doing in Attila as the ERE?

I've fought and destroyed the Visigoths and Tanukhids, the Ostrogoths are starting shit (so I'm diverting my armies back to Greece), and I assume the Sassanids will also declare war eventually.

Is there anything in particular I should be doing or preparing for?

IF OUR DAIMYO IS TO BECOME SHOGUN

*rattle rattle*

MILITARY RULER OF ALL NIPPON

>What should I be doing in Attila as the ERE?
blitzkrieg the sassykids, you should destroy them in the first 30 or so turns and then the game is a breeze

so its an actual gun then and not a balance decision, thats really cool, the unit is so cheap that I only built a handful as I didn't expect them to be that strong

It is now Official. Athel Loren is radiant in its resplendence. Delicate young boys cavort for the delight of their mistresses, and the luminescence of sprites and pixies flicker through the enchanted wood. The Sisters of Twilight languorously uncurl from their embrace; panpipes flute a tune of merriment throughout the halls of the summerstrand. The diverting indignities of gorposting and Deep-Thinking Goblins are a receding memory, a windblown fragment of the season past. All Asrai make ready for frolic and improductivity; indolence is the watchword, and none can be found but are feverishly, zealously committed to inactivity.

From the Oak of Ages, the Eternal Queen watches and is warmed by the celebrations of her people. In such a festive air, Orion's rebirth cannot but be imminent; Ariel's handmaidens ceaselessly weave flowers into her hair, presenting an endless procession of styles and and aspects by which their beloved monarch might greet her consort. Those that retain a sense of time and worldly events look to his arrival; Naieth's divinations serve only to confirm what the jubilant atmosphere of the forest makes evident.

Wood Elves Confirmed.

and we'll be saying the same thing around this time next year

Honestly Pike&Shot would be better if the focus of the campaign would be on Easter, Southern and Northern Europe.
That region had way more diversity as far as armies are concerned.
You'd have Sweden as the typical Pike&Shot faction.
Poland which still has Pike&Shot but also a large variety of heavy and light cavalry.
Russia with hordes of muskets and heavy cavalry but poor heavy infantry.
Cossacks with powerful light cavalry and infantry.
Ottomans with hordes of cheap and light infantry but also extremely powerful Janissary units.
Austria with its German pike&shot armies supported by Balkan levies.

All while having a wild mix of weapons in service ranging from pikes, swords, two-handed axes, maces to muskets, pistols to bow&arrow.

am i the only one who started playing vamp after vlad von based was released?

i wish you were banned

Did somebody say Nippon?

I did too but I had to use that Vlad faction leader mod

They're such a boring shit faction I haven't even played a campaign past 50 turns on them.
worthless.

>in Empire each infantry unit had a banner carrier, officer and drummer
>in TW:WH the Empire troops still lack all of them

And Crimean Tatars with more traditional horsefuckery

Sweden wasn't entirely typical though. They took inspiration from their adventures in the east and that in addition to other innovations is why they performed so well in the Thirty Years War.

>chinafags not wanting to cut down poles as Gustavus Adolphus and his Finnish light cavalry
Dirty catlicks
HACKA PÅ

they've cut a lot of corners with warham

this still triggers me

>tfw no dooting skeleton legions

>wanting Gustavus Adolphus when you can be this fat fuck and annihilate roughly 25% of Poland's population

Is there any hope that Chaos will be fixed and made into a fun to play faction? Or is it forever going to be a broken unfun one?

>HAY GUYS WHAT'S GOING ON IN THESE LANDS?

True, I guess Brandenburg and the Empire would be the most pike&shot.

>Master Necromancer

>Beloved

>Popular

>Magmanimous

wat.

There's no way it's not being added in at some point. They play a important part in the table top and as you said, CA have done ti before.

Either they're planing something for it or it's just been a matter of money.

Or it will be DLC

idk what would make them fun?
in the end its just going to be so that your hordes have a 90% chance to win every autoresolve so you just do that

2 more days my friend

>annihilate roughly 25% of Poland's population
And stealing roughly 100% of all window frames, stairs, chimneys, sculptures, floors, doors and gates in Poland.

He probably uses his minions to give candy to the people in what ever province hes in.

Any news today

HEY! Being a Necromancer doesn't mean you're necessarily a bad guy you fucking bigot.

They'll proudly announce 'Fife and Drum' Free-LC alongside the Kislev Faction pack for $20

A good run overall

Is the candy made of people?

Well, they did say the successful release changed a lot of their plans and so on. Their budget probably increased which could mean the original budget was shit.

#NotAllNecromancers
#LoreOfPeace

You know, the sad thing is I would buy that too.

I swear this game came packaged with cocaine or something because I'm hooked on this DLC shit.

Would buy it

Since I would get it for $13

We kinda already have banners that can be attached to units.

Honestly thats kind of the feeling I get. Like this first game is more about testing the waters to see if it's viable.

I just hope that it's success means they'll start to get their asses in gear and start fixing/adding in all the missing units and features.

I really hope the next TW will be set in the seventeenth century. It could even be done in an expansion system like warhammer, with the first one being set in Europe, focused on the 30 years war, second in an American theatre, focused on natives and colonisation with intercontinental trade sprinkled in if you have the first one, and have the third add in India and China and have whatever the fuck happened there as a focus, while improving on intercontinentality and I guess Russian expansion if you have the first one

Seriously, give me some pike and zzz already

there better be

Uh, Egypt?

You alright?

I wasn't aware that was even possible.
No seriously, how did he end up there?
A rebel stack of ships spawned and then got bribed by the Egyptians?

>Crimean Tatars
The Khan and the Hetman DLC, featuring Islam Giray vs Bogdan Khmelnitsky.

please no, historical tw that follows warham approach to dlc would end up costing hundreds

which one of you autists was it?

I think it was Admiral Goatfucker

Only the naughty ones

merc ships

GOBLINS

Admiral Goatfucker may be the dude behind that comment

Got no real proof tho

understander of strategy?

Can someone post pic of this strategic meme?

quite so

Thank you

youtube.com/watch?v=3b7EqQKAfIU

> Tomb Kings still not announced

>tfw to intelligent to understand the strategy

Every fucking time.

>I think the casual player and teenagers have been contented with two barbarian factions

The logic is so fucking stupid. It's hilarious

Is it better to attack in Columns or Lines?

How old were you when you became a true understander of strategy?

I remember being 10 years old and discovered Alexander the Great's biography. I couldn't read, but as with all Macedonians the blood of Alexander the Great flowed through me and I understood his greatness and the greatness of Alexander the Great's hammer and anvil tactics just from the pictures.

One day "FYROM" will become the Kingdom of Macedonia once again.

I think a tumor just grew in my brain.

depends on what are you fighting against

>Enemy with lots of siege and ranged fire
Sphagetti lines
>Enemy with lots of cav
Compact blocks

youtube.com/watch?v=O3wuS5zY_E4
STUFF
STUFF

What are the advantages and disadvantages of using one over the other? When should one switch formation and so on?

Who is superior?
Advisor-chan (Shogun 2) or Mlady Advisor (Empire)?

Is this a girl? I cant tell

>female glade lords

FUCK the waifufags won this round.

if you are fighting sieges, keep spaghetti lines to minimize the effect of ranged fire

for normal battles, standard 4-5 ranks deep blocks are good

columns are only useful in niche cases like Warhammer checkerboard formations

We already knew there would be female glade lords

Is everyone but the Empire filled with glaring gaps in their unit rooster? Some seem to have no cavalry, others lack ranged units. Are they meant to be single-minded in their tactics?

Damn that forest dragon roar sounded based.

Nice try radious.

>blitzkrieg the sassykids
You lied to me user. I tried this and they just blitzkrieg'd me back

Should be fun though. The Ostrogoths and the Iazyges and some other horde faction have been destroyed, I've made peace with the Huns, sanitation and food is handled across nearly all my provinces, and I've sent 3 armies to conquer the east. Now I should be able to fight a war without needing to remember to micromanage a bunch of bullshit every turn.

Which is the best wizard?

In general they are, yes.

All elves, Humans, Greenskins and the Skaven and THE KANGZ have balanced armies, bent in a few different directions of specialization.

Lizardmen, Beastmen and Ogres have options for most things but are very melee concentrated.

Vamps and Warriors of Chaos are the ones who have basically zero range. Vamps are the only ones with 100% no range at all.

Oh and the stunties don't have cav so they're static. Who fucking cares what stunties do or don't do though?

for some reason I got Witcher 2 vibes, with that king who just decided to party on his riverboat while war raged in his kingdom

Durthu. He's new and therefore must be really OP because of powercreep. The internet told me so.

Real answer: light wizard is damn useful. Dat net spell.

its the same one they used for treemen

>light wizard is damn useful. Dat net spell.
I'm sorry user...

Four best spells in the game are summon manticore, flock of doom, invocation of nehek and nets of some fuck.
First two are lore of beasts, invocation is lore of nagash and last is lore of light.

Fire and Orc lores have respectable buffs, and lore of death has some reliable uses.

Celestial and lore of the wild have the benefits of being better than lore of metal.

And then you have the lore of metal.

>Fight a war against VC
>Strength rank 4
>only has one full-stack and one half-stack in Sylvania
>take western sylvania and wreck the half-stack
>strenght rank 6
>pay no heed to his peace offers
>next turn two VC full stacks set sail from chaos territory
i've been had

That's cool too then. I want something making that roar when I play them.

KARL
ZOGGIN'
FRANZ

Wait, what happened?

Advisor-chan

Mlady Advisor

yes, there are both male and female glade lords(or ladies)

it's getting nerfed with the DLC

I fucking hate how an enemy can shit out multiple deathstacks out of nowhere, it's such horseshit

patch notes source?
It deserves it desu

>No People of colour

Why does CA do this?

Has anyone even complained about this yet?

Because they're Elves, not people.

Just wait for Bretonnia and the Green(African) Knight