/wowsg/ - World of Warships Admiral

Mighty MOE edition

*****NEW TO THE GAME?*****
Tell us your server and get a referral code from a fellow /wowsg/ to get extra bonus credits/flags/XP and two free premium ships (one instantly, one after you research a T6 ship).

>5.15 (LIVE)
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-515/

>Missouri Soon™
worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/ver-05_15_1-patchnotes/

>Statistic tracker - Stalk your favorite wowsg:
warships.today
wows-numbers.com/

>In-game chat channel:
NA Channel: Search for 'Veeky Forums' channel by Antibully ranger
EU Channel: "Official Veeky Forums channel", password is "vidya"
SEA Channel: Veeky Forums

>Mostly updated guide:
pastebin.com/tfYw51Rr

>Clans
[BOTES] on NA
[BOTES] on SEA
[HOTEL] on EU

Scuttled thread

Other urls found in this thread:

worldofwarships.asia/en/news/specials-and-events/sse-pearl-harbor/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for AA specc'd duck

HOLY FUCK
HOLY FUCK

250 flood chance flags

This just in: Missouri has a third shell option. Takes 15 minutes to load and has a lethal radius the size of an entire base. Targets outside that radius still receive splash damage and have their visibility reduced to 8km, just like a cyclone.

50 ocean soul camo.

Second for 155mm Mogami HEAP on steroids.

>750k free XP

...worse

>not even a 20 mil

I dont even need money. The only thing I dont need is money. Im pretty sure that the WG container script or whatever knows it, just like when I never win the first battle of the day.

A tournament would be nice instead of giveaways.

>Not knowing that you could get it for less than a Tirpitz.

>75th anniversary of Pearl Harbor tomorrow
>no events, deals, or anything from WG

Stop that.

Uhhh, how about moving to a relevant server?

worldofwarships.asia/en/news/specials-and-events/sse-pearl-harbor/

>Japs get specials
>Americans don't

The irony in this is pretty good. It's just like Pearl Harbor all over again.

NA server might get specials on the anniversary of the Hiroshima bombing, for World of Warplanes.

I don't speak in squares, why would I move to the SEA server? I'd rather WGNA get their heads out of their asses.

>what makes Mighty Mo magnificent?
>"Beefier citadel armor than her sister Iowa."
>fixed armor scheme a feature
>so you're paying 120-ish dollars for a perm camo iowa that won't take shit as hard as she currently does

))))))))))

Why commemorate another US falseflag attack?

US just ignored the japs to have another excuse to go to a war, just like the USS Maine during the cubaspanish war, the RMS Lusitania during the 1ww or the 9/11 during the irak/afg war.
Fuck pearl harbour

>2v2 tournament
>everyone will partner up with each other and I'll get left behind
oh god it's like being back at school all over again

Is this real?

Asia doing another Pearl Harbor and having a big celebration with specials and events.

>Not paying less than a Tirpitz.

Pleb

>Missouri and Wisconsin incorporated the most significant change in armor from the South Dakota class: the increase from 11.3 inches (290 mm) to 14.5 inches (370 mm) of the vertical Class A armor on the forward transverse armored bulkhead. The extra armor provided protection from fire directly ahead, which was considered more likely given the high speed of the Iowa class.

is of historicity tovarisch kapitan )))))))

I doubt it'll actually make much of a difference in game. Bulkhead armor means jack shit since rounds from the front are stopped by the retarded overmatch mechanics rather than the armor. The only exception to this is Hotel, and Hotel isn't going to have any issues going through the improved armor anyway.

I wonder who's behind this event

What's your name?

LunaticRed

Good morning /wowsg/
May good MM and nice botes come to you today.

>yfw you're not F22xRaptor who got cucked so hard he ran off to another general

I don't even know what you're talking about. Euro server btw.

Where did he go?

Good riddance desu.
It's been nicer here lately.

>being this obsessed
I'm still here mastigos

How does it feel to be worse than me in two different games?

Same to you user, and may the glorious hotel shells always hit your target.

is the Bismarck so much better than the Gneisenau that it can do without torpedoes? I feel like I will really miss them if/when I upgrade

what

Buy Tirpitz if you want more torp knife fighting action

What tournament? I'm too shit to play in a tourney but I'm curious nonetheless

Tempted to post the 'read the filename' pic again tbqhwyf
>Elited both Minekaze and Mutsuki before split
>Did 140 kXP worth of clubbing in Minekaze
>Split happens my Minekaze XP sticks with the ship (i.e.: moves to branch line)
>My Mutsuki (V) for some reason has modules to research
>Send support ticket: wtf WG gib wreath
>user, we transferred your Minekaze XP to Mutsuki for you :3
>wtf there's no XP on Mutsuki or Minekaze
>Hey wait a minute, I didn't have that much free XP before

>'Delet this' button at suicide range
>'You are losing' aura that covers half the map
I know which one I'd prefer.

Bismarck doesn't have torpedoes, I like having them on Gneisenau, so I'm asking if it's still worth switching
45 euros for a free ship with torpedoes is a bit too steep for me comrade

You know I probably should take her out for a battle.
Thanks user.

See 2v2 tournament for prizes
Should have a 3v3 tournament desu.

>tfw orange on statskun list
Nobody would want to partner with me anyways and I'll probably be at work during the tournament

Kill yourself kiddo, k thx.

Holy mother of god, Hindenburg is a flamethrower but it can actually punish broadsiding shitters.

Nevermind it was a mistake.

Reminder to stock up on freeXP for Missouri.

She's only 750,000 free xp.

That's only $130 for her!

>match with only 1 T10 BB per side
>they're both the first ones to die because they get spotted within flamethrower range and neither can turn around because of the other so they just get melted to death by smoked CA/DD fire having to try to stop and start reversing
fun and engaging

>no doubloons
>only USS Missouri

>only $130

You won't have any doubloons after you buy her.

But she's so thicc. Surely you can spare $130.

Oh fugg lads what's it gonna be?

250 flooding flags

Better GPU

250 damage con

rip me

So why do people complain about divs?
Surely nobody is that autistic that they actually expect other people to play the game in a less enjoyable way just so they can fit into someone else's personal view of what makes for valid stats.

That's not thicc, that's lanky. The ship equivalent of anorexia.

@161991523
>bringing it up again

I'm on to you shitposter

no (You)'s today

(You)

t. nofriends

What's a ship you like that no one else does /wowsg/?

Myogi

>so I'm asking if it's still worth switching
Just keep both of them, you dipshit.

Train up a new captain.

guess I could do that but I only have 2 slots left and not a lot of credits

Kawachi :^)

Ibuki
I think there's another user here who likes her, but generally she seems pretty unloved.

2 is greater than 1, so its enough.

My brother of African-American descent

I'm a purple but I rarely post anything with my name in it so people keep calling me a literal who. ;_;

I have a Mogami. I enjoy her greatly. However her lack of radar and having no future prospect of Radar makes me sad, because I would very much like to bully baDDies and bong cruisers who use smoke to hide.

Are American cruisers worth it for the radar? I have a Cleaveland, and am reluctant to get the Pensacola due to it having shit concealment and a very exposed citpussy, and it just seems like it would be a pain in the ass to grind through. And even then I don't know if the New Orleans is any good, or even what tier USN cruisers get radar.

kriegsmarine is currently more meta that USN ships

might as well go ))))))

Better off with the Russians desu.

Why is raising too much money a bad thing?

see: star citizen

Zao is worth it. Also have you tried torping RN CLs that think they're being cheeky by sitting in smoke?

Of course I always do that if I get the chance. But its not the same as actively fucking up a DD that is trying to run away from you through smoke.

Go home Germany, you're drunk.

>inna Kagero with 8km 72kt torps
>Neptune sitting in smokecloud
>Not moving
>Fire torps
>First Blood
>Devastating strike

Poor Nep.

>Pearl Harbor events
>Not 500% bonus exp for IJN CVs if they sink USN BB
WG missed the opportunity there.

I'm curious, /wowsg/. What do you think is the ideal tournament setup, i.e. tier, number of ships, restrictions, format, etc?

Are those 11" secondaries?

Same as team battles.

Anything less than that is a meme that is not representative of real gameplay.

secondary build izumo

It doesn't work that way since you only get 30 seconds to fire at said DD (20 if you're in a VMF CA). Radar is more of a follow up to finish off that DD that's almost dead, or to force some invisfiring cunt out of his smoke cloud. You won't be able to fuck up a good DD just by popping your radar.

Go full meme, no need to take it seriously.
5v5, tier 1 only.

7v7, then? What tier? Reminder that it was 6 on NA and 8 on EU. Not sure what it was on SEA.

T8, 7 players as bare minimum. Domination format.

Ideal would be 12 players, since that would be reflective of the actual game the playerbase plays. But I guess that can't happen because ">muh ESPORTS" just don't allow for prize pools big enough for such a large number of players. Which is one of the main reasons why WoT ESPORTS are boring and uninteresting to watch.

More like Muddy Moe

fuck off tripfag

More like
>No Crew
>No Consumables
>No Doubloons
>Only USS Misery

1v1 CVs only

7v7, though I'd rather have 12v12. 2v2 is a meme that shares no real similarities to the actual game most everybody plays, excludes CV/DD, and only glorifies damage farming over teamplay and objective pushing.

T8 is ideal because ships are still maneuverable and just deadly enough to allow for interesting gameplay. Plus more variety in selection, even if some of that selection are premium ships. Pro play is already about smoke camping, it would only get worse at T10.

Limit the number of ships that can be repeated. For example: no more than 1 Bismarck per team, only 2 Bensons, etc.

Domination or Hotzone modes. Standard or straight out deatmatch/max-damage would end up only in long range camping and kiting.

>He thinks the smoke blob meta is still relevant
All the pro teams left that behind months ago, kiddo.

If we're talking about small scale tournaments or something (less than 7v7 or whatever which would be good to play but assuming we can't get whole teams together) I've always liked 3v3.
It's the size of a larger div for people who enjoy/are used to playing those, and you can have either 1 of each of the good classes or a more varied mix of others, and it wouldn't be too difficult to work out times for 6 people as opposed to like 14 - 24.

>pro WoWS teams
this just sounds funny

Filename thread?

Then I assume they have moved onto more dynamic and interesting tactics and not just a different form of camping? I assume this has surely made BOTESPORTS more fun to watch and led to an increase in viewers?

I think what user means is that they swap out one Atago for a Chapayev and press T every few minutes.