FAQ: pastebin.com/8EkUMikP
Previous Version of FAQ: pastebin.com/SEA97RAu
Read the FAQ before you ask questions.

>Useful Links (More in pastebin)
Wiki: alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/AliceSoftWiki:Main_Page
Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2536
Rance World Notes (Translated): mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY

Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints

>Upcoming Games

Rance 5D and Rance VI (English and Decensored) - December 23 2016
Preorders open at $31.45 for bundle
mangagamer.com/detail.php?goods_type=1&product_code=1004

Heartful Maman (MILF Eroge) - January 27 2017
Rance X - Announced. Delayed to 2017
Beat Game - Presumably some point in 2017
Two other games by the Evenicle and Rance 03 teams (New IPs)

>Released In Last Year (See FAQ for downloads and info)

June 2016 - Tsumamigui Extra (JAP)
January 2016 - Tsumamigui 3 (JAP)
August 2015 - Rance 03 (JAP)

>Current Events
XMAS Drawing Event - Last week of December
Veeky Forums League 7 (10th December)
Little Princess to Rance 4.2 Stream

Remember to use spoilertags when discussing and posting images of plot elements, especially those of untranslated Rance games. Ignore and report any blatant shitposting, including nameshit

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/ae2y5cbztran5kl/Little Princess post.pdf
blog.mangagamer.org/2016/12/06/guide-to-rance-5d-part-1-intro-to-the-game-characters/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I didn't even notice we were nearing 750 already.

Quick thread because new people and also witches just asking to get fucked

Play Kichikuou Rance

Challenge for any of the SR hackers/modders.

Is there anything coded in that makes the route heroines special with regards to insta-kills and capture rates? For example, I've noticed (and others have told me) that once I've seen all of Isoroku's events (the autolose vs Rance, fleeing from a battle when she's lost a fight, and being scolded by Chousin), I never fail to insta-kill and cap her when I use Assassinate 2 on her. I've also noticed that I've never permanently killed her unit while she's fighting for Ashikaga. Is this just dumb luck, or is there something deeper?

I am pretty sure vaguely remember Ran getting insta-capped after all her events play through as well. My gut tells me it's intentional.

Last thread was more sexual than most. Something about it makes me want to cum hard.

I'm off to sleep. Stay alive

You're just getting hyped for VI

I want to go racoons, hanny, kenshin then mouri+weirdos from the peninsula but i dont want to spawn the demon army early with Takeda killing Ran country. Whats would be the best to do? Leave mouri with 1 country, capture the weirdos peninsula then kenshin?

This isn't your first playthrough, right? The event when Takeda conquers Uesugi or Triforce only happens in your first run, so go ahead with your plan.

Can't see any special checks for insta-kill moves, but Isoroku and Ran have a 100% capture rate if you've cleared their events and have room in prison.

Fun fact: Sill's healing ability increases the target's success chance with insta-kill moves by 17%.

Its my third, i just went straight into takeda on my second. Will Takeda conquer Ran after a certain number of turns? Or its not going to happend at all.

It's not going to happen. But Mouri can conquer Himeji, so you need to be really quick or declare war to Himeji to prevent it.

>Sill's healing ability increases the target's success chance with insta-kill moves by 17%.
to clarify, the effect is stackable but only lasts for that battle

They had a couple changes on the MG chart today, but Rance remains on top. It should remain on top until at least this weekend.

>Time to find the next challenge in the game!
Funnily enough, I've got a list, but all of them would require some serious work, rather than doing something I already know how to do which is basically just procrastination.

>Or mod it. Modding it could do the trick
Modding to make the game harder isn't as easy as you'd think, as long as the player is intelligent, they can find a way around it.

>Play Kichikuou Rance
I will, but only when I've got plenty of time to waste. I still need to beat all the games from III onwards, and given that they're feature length RPGs, I can see that taking more time out of my schedule than I can afford. Heck, I've got over 2 years out of SR. Knowing my luck I'll get 3 out of KR.

>Can't see any special checks for insta-kill moves, but Isoroku and Ran have a 100% capture rate if you've cleared their events and have room in prison.
By a 100% capture rate, does that mean "if you reduce their troop count to 0, or otherwise annihilate their unit, you cap them"? Because if so, I guess that's more than half the battle. As for insta-kills, is there anything in the code that makes for a guaranteed insta-kill (aside from Assassinate Skill+) anywhere at all? The fact that both Isoroku and Ran go from being plot-critical to not might be important, or there even might be something weird going on with some interaction between cap chance and assassination probability (I believe that in the past I've demonstrated empirically that insta-kill moves fuck with stuff like Light Attack, so there may be some interaction somewhere in the code).

Sorry, but where i can find TADA text playthrough? Is there only pic?
And thank for stream LP, Kayblis

uspira > kebachahn > alex > saias

Seconding this.

I was tempted to edit girls with green hair to have different hair colour and vice versa to see the thread's reaction, but didn't because I was feeling lazy.

>I was tempted to edit girls with green hair to have different hair colour and vice versa to see the thread's reaction, but didn't because I was feeling lazy.
You should've user, all I can think about right now is the smell of lubed condoms. Something about that thread really fucked me up.

I pity the nofap user(s), it must've broke them.

Here: dropbox.com/s/ae2y5cbztran5kl/Little Princess post.pdf
Tell me when you are done downloading so I can delete it.

Thank you! You can delete now. I can share this file later?

>By a 100% capture rate, does that mean "if you reduce their troop count to 0, or otherwise annihilate their unit, you cap them"?
As long as they've been annihilated.
Capture & death checks are skipped for an unit if you've already killed or captured two units in the battle (and the unit hasn't been tagged by light attack). The checks are done top to bottom starting with the front row.

>As for insta-kills, is there anything in the code that makes for a guaranteed insta-kill (aside from Assassinate Skill+) anywhere at all?
I'm pretty sure the code on the wiki is all there is to insta-kills. I can't find anything else in the source.

>insta-kill moves fuck with stuff like Light Attack
They're stored in the same variable. Assassination overwrites the flag set by light attack.

I haven't been watching the thread for a bit, are we in Sengoku Rance hotline mode again?

Always.

You mean posting the pdf in some blog or something? I didn't make it (maybe I'm mistaken, but I think Maria did it), so go ahead I guess.

No, just share here because you delete this anyway. For this who are interested. Nevermind my texted bullshit.

Oh shit, I visit randomly and we're on P10.

So, the Wiki's wrong about Isoroku's cap, right? I'm pretty sure you need to annihilate her unit to get the scolding, not just win a battle that she's in.

blog.mangagamer.org/2016/12/06/guide-to-rance-5d-part-1-intro-to-the-game-characters/

I take if they'll have a fair number of Rance blogposts if the first one is Rance 5D part 1 and they are starting them two and a half weeks out.

>Rance still hasn't fucked Hunty Kalar

And won't.

She's great as is. Snippy auntie is way more endearing than a slutty one.

>Mikan's orange has actually eaten people
No wonder Rance was so afraid of mikans in Sengoku. With that and randomly fucking up the level up ceremony.

>Next time, we’ll talk about what sort of game Rance 5D is (in a word… it’s unique)

Well that is one way to describe it.

>Calling Hanty by her full name
Let me guess, you've only played 1 or 2 games.

I heard there was a little bonus with Evenicle in that Rance was in the world for a chapter? What went on in that? Did he turn into a black ring guy?

He became the final boss

I need to play this. Any chance Mangagamer does it? Fucking Ramius is top tier heroine. Rance needs at least one girl with bakunyuu.

yeah she's top tier.

Whoever wanted the 5D manual, it looks like most of it's going to be on the blog.

I noticed Orochi's earthquake attack that 1shots the whole field also removes an action flag

what's the point of this? I know neither the dmg nor the action flag removal go through a guard shikigami, can a level 99 rance or kentarou actually survive this attack?

>what's the point of this?
Be as obnoxious as the game allows.

Sweet, that's something I never knew I always wanted. I hope there are more images of Athena 2.0 chasing butterflies deep within a cave, just like in the opening video. Actually, was the opening even on the disc or was it only visible from Alicesoft's website (now youtube).

>High res web manual

Neat; woulda preferred a digital packaged in version but I'll take it. Cheers you lovably robot otaku.

>Sill Plain
>The grand daughter of a great mage.
Miracle and Sill are cousins confirmed.

It's a fuck you to waste your good units presumably you led with your first time and make you reset to presumably not try it again.

Evenicle is probably years off but in terms of getting the rights for Evenicle Rance I wouldn't say it's zero since they managed to acquire the rights for Rance games. I imagine the only concern about either or not it happens is it's price tag; since I'm almost certain they'll have to pay for Evenicle and Evenicle Rance separately.

>Evenicle Rance separately.
Evenicle Rance can be beaten real quick though. It's just bonus shit.

I was referring to the license and MG acquiring that. They'll most likely have to pay extra fees for it, and that is just about the only thing I can think of that would impede Evenicle Rance being released assuming MG ever acquires Evenicle.

If your character outlevels another enough there's a huge damage reduction, I think you survive it pretty easily, I know Orochi's normal attack barely does anything to a 99 Rance/Kentarou

How weak are the starving rapists in Evenicle. I'm asking because I could see Rance from Kichikuou Rance kidnapping her while she's dressed like that to rape her.

Rance is a hero he would never kidnap. He's a kind and just king, and something we should all collectively strive to be.

Im at Chapter 5 of Rance IV

I got to drag myself to finish it before 5D and VI release

I think it only has 6 chapters.

thanks, the fights has been grueling because enemies have so much hp

I hope you're enjoying parts of Rance IV because it's one of my favourite translated Rance games.

Reminder that Kanami is literally unhittable as long as it's not magic.

I'm streaming through LP, Rance I, Rance II, Rance III, Rance IV and 4.1 and 4.2 before the 23rd if you want to watch

Who knows. Its not like Sill cares about family

It would probably just be a preorder bonus

MG doesn't really do preorder bonuses, aside from the normal preorder sale.

>prefers older men

Yes Kanam is my favorite party member, but wish i could also use shizuka

You can

chapter 5 or 6?

chapter 5 from memory.

After Rance rapes her

It would certainly be something if the Tous and Plains knew each other.

Would make up for the complete lack of info on Sill in her own home country title.

it won't happen

>pepe su ragarl

Is Rick our guy still?

Rick is gayest character ever

You're misunderstanding. Whether it's a preorder bonus or not isn't the concern; it's MG willing to pay extra fees for something like Evenicle Rance. It's arguably comparable to Satsu in Rance VI; and MG isn't including her as far I know.

Satsu is from a game MG will probably never translate however, so there is that.

It really depends on whether it's considered a separate license at all. Alicesoft don't have any particular incentive to restrict what they release in the West; if we don't localize and release it nobody else is about to.

Stop being so tsundere, Rance.

>Shizuka
>using a condom

Rance wishes

Who will Rance impregnate that he hasnt impregnated already in X? Though Sill might put the contraception on him again.

It'll feel strange to end the Rance series without impregnating Sill. She might turn it off without him knowing it like in the Isoroku route.

Yeah, Kichikuou didn't have Sill babies either.

Sheila pretty much confirmed
Kanami given she's had two ends where she is pregnant.
Shizuka because popular
And probably every fated girl and some others

>And probably every fated girl and some others
I dont see girls like Miracle and Tillday getting impregged though. I dont think he'll go on an impregnation spree in X.

Too many fated girls. Just make them girls Rance rapes. Not that additional stuff.

should have either never been around or just been Sill, Shizuka and Kanami

Sheila only definite

Just as long as they don't go crazy adding to it in X.

My feel is that they will never reveal them all so fans will be able to still think that a few of their favourites who aren't definite could be fated girls

Best boy will appear on Rance X right and win the Kanami Bowl

forgot pic related

Rance already won

Sheila, Kenshin, Copa and Millie.

>Charisma

Lia > Sheila

>Battle

Lia > Sheila

>GDP

Leazas > Helman

>stating the obvious

LEAZAS
E
A
Z
A
S

>Millie
I wish because it would mean she appears

>So, the Wiki's wrong about Isoroku's cap, right? I'm pretty sure you need to annihilate her unit to get the scolding, not just win a battle that she's in.
Looking at the code isn't helping too much. To trigger the event where she's fleeing, you need to satisfy this condition:

if (setEventFlagOrCheckIfHasBeenSeen("五十六/1回目の敗走", hasBeenSeen) == false && opponentHasCharactersInBattle(YamamotoIsoroku, null, null, null) == 1 && C兵数取得(YamamotoIsoroku, 13) < 20)
{
五十六/1回目の敗走();
return 0;
}

Which I read as "If you've not already seen the fleeing event, the opponent has Isoroku in the battle, and this weird function takes a value less than 20, play the event."

As for what the weird funtion [C兵数取得(YamamotoIsoroku, 13) < 20] is, I'm really unsure. I'm tempted to say that it's just "her troop count is less than 20" but frankly that's fucking weird, unless that's how they control for shit like you annihilating her unit, and then it healing during the end of the turn.

There's also nothing about winning or losing the battle here, so unless I'm misreading it, you just need to get Isoroku under 20 troops to trigger the fleeing event.

As for capping her... I'm working on it.

Based Kanami, because of her I beat that game.
But because I used her all the time, I missed a CG though. I don't know which chapter, but if you don't use her you can trigger a scene of her using plain clothes (and rhave sex with her of course).

Are you playing the Rance games in order?

Now? No, but I played all the translated games when they were released.

That was a really nice scene

It's 100 percent a separate license. Alicesoft could not treat it as a separate license but legally acquiring Evenicle's publishing rights would not include Rance. Of course I'm not familiar with how Alicesoft enforces their copyright, and like you've said they don't have any other potential buyers but it's definitely within their right to charge for the Rance IP separately from Evenicle.