byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Veeky Forumsstation forum and logs
ss13.moe/forum/
game.ss13.moe/logs

>Map renders collection: updated sometimes
game.ss13.moe/minimaps/images/maps/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation

>Cryo Autism
pastebin.com/raw/YmAyagUa

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/raw/u40ABfJz

>Discord 1
discord.gg/PbeYCQq

>Discord A
discord.gg/6DZ8SFP

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/pull/13495
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/issues/12585
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/issues/12585#issuecomment-265269697
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for fuck the discord

no
let's start this thread positively and post about one of the most positive players that contribute to our server the grey alien yahir
who wants to go first?

Second for I'm going to marry my waifu!

2nd for singularities are trash. TRASH!

>Sodaloose was saved

What was the worst betrayal you've suffered from a department member you trusted?

inb4 >trust

WOOP WOOP

Intigracy just self-merged attack animations.

WOOP WOOP

>REEEEEEEEE

TG overthrows debate again

>work xenobio for two hours with someone
>get trick penned and spaced
>come back as a golem with them
>few minutes later they tell me that they are filled with sadness over their lost friend
>he lets the slimes eat him and says I'm sorry
>look in logs later and see him asking if I was in dead chat and saying he felt bad
>objective was kill me and die
It never had to end like this.

BUT IT'S OKAY BECAUSE INTIGRACY'S THE ONLY PERSON WHO MERGES STUFF

SO HE'S ALLOWED TO SELF-MERGE DOGSHIT RIGHT GUISE

What's next, table climbing?

muh slibbidy slobe

He's already opened a fucking PR for it.
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/pull/13495

ok why the fuck are there connectors below the trays in xenobotany?
Like, can you hook the trays to them to harvest gas from plants or something?

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO Veeky ForumsSTATION
WHEN DOES THIS NIGHTMARE END?

>he's actually trying to add table climbing
Fucking deadmin Intigracy when?

Literally never.

>Veeky Forumsstation will finally have what every server's had for years now

I never thought I'd see the day

>something being common means it's good
This is a fucking shit meme.

Guys I'm actually afraid now

yes that's exactly why I put them there. hydroponic trays are actually atmospheric pipes. when you toggle the lid (i.e. gas can't leak out) and connect a canister with a wrench, all the gas produced by the plant will go into the can.

Exactly that. Flip the lid up and it makes a closed atmos for it.

Literally a fake link to a pull request 1000 PRs from now.
Y'all incapable of clicking on a fucking link or do you fall for every meme in existence?

>something being outdated means it's good
This is some retarded logic.

>like they're not just meming about it and know damn well what they're doing

I never claimed that a lack of tableclimbing is good.
But "every other server has it" is not an argument for claiming that having tableclimbing is good.

muh outdated code is so good
whats wrong with table climbing? Arent you fucks known for being the biggest powergaming server of ss13, this way its easier to access all those items you so enjoy

>m-merely pretending to be retarded

Sorry man, I didn't realize you were just hear to argue on the internet, I don't usually bully the mentally handicapped

Anyway the reason tableclimbing is shit is it means any asshole can climb into a department they don't work for and steal shit immensely easily
It LITERALLY only encourages greyshittery and never anything else

>Arent you fucks known for being the biggest powergaming server of ss13
Literally no.
TG holds that title.

Let's allow furry gay sex too, since every other server has it too.

You damn well know that's exactly what they're doing.

Also GITHUB STOP BEING SHIT I WANT TO UPDATE MY PR WITH THE NEWEST COMMITS

Honestly here's what I think.

I think that we could add it but we'd have to redesign a lot of departments entrances to have windows/windoors to prevent this kind of behavior. However overall, if that was done, it would not introduce new entry points since a player would still have to smash through windows and most departments already have that vulnerability to begin with.

Why don't borers have directional sprites?

I can't believe this.
He's merging it as a test.
It will never get reverted now, fuck.
I know that a lot of people voted Yes for this merged, but right now you cannot use Veeky Forumss server-base to poll these things. All we have had lately is refugees from other servers, all who are used to this thing, so of course they are going vote Yes for this. The original playerbase of Veeky Forums, albeit small, would not want this change in such a majority because it isn't Veeky Forums.

>Veeky Forums admins go to other server
>shitpost and become a piece of shit
sawbones if I find you in lifeweb again I'm going to web you, you waste of life I'm going to kill you too kolith

Because you haven't sprited them for us.

amazing

It's better this way

That's a fair point.
Still, windoors being broken is less noticeable than windows being broken. ALSO, replacing windoors is (realistically) never going to ever happen, whereas anybody with metal and reinforced glass can re-window a department.

>However overall, if that was done, it would not introduce new entry points
Then what's the point of adding tableclimbing at all?

Also the bartender and the chef's counters would have to have windoors placed along their whole length, which would look like shit.

Bartenders got a shotgun.

With finite ammo.

I agree friend, no TRUE vg player would agree with this change

>true scotsman
fuck you, I like it

10/10 satire

[citation needed]

Why should we base decisions on the small minority of original players rather than the majority of current players?

What do you consider the "original playerbase"?
I've been here for two years, am I too new to be allowed to have an opinion?

because you other shitstains have TG/hippie agendas you're trying to push because you're banned from your shit servers fuckface

I'm not exactly saying that, I'm saying that most Veeky Forums players who don't go onto the other servers because they like how Veeky Forums is don't like the feature because of how goofy and ugly it is. If you read the github thread, a lot of people are asking for it to be toggle-able and they would all be fine with it if it was, and so would I, but it's not.
Because then, as we gather more refugees from Eros, TG, Hippie, we become like them. We stop being a unique server and start being a generic pubbie server like the rest. We already have some Veeky Forums refugee coder trying to push tonnes of other stuff to make us like Veeky Forums, if it carries on these will just keep picking up.

So what? They're still players. If the majority of the playerbase wants it to become TG, then it should. Because the purpose of the server is for the most players possible to enjoy it.

If the minority doesn't like it, then they can make their own server where they're the majority.

>you other shitstains
Hi, different guy
I've played spess for about 4 years, never taken a permaban since Dec. 2012, played on some older serb I forget the name of, Paradise, Urist, and alium deathtrap.
I haven't even had attack anims in my knowledgebase for more than a couple months because I took a hiatus
And I still think they should be put in. Sorry for pushing my TG/hippie agenda since I'm obviously banned from those servers

How large would you say the pool of "original Veeky Forums players" is? Ten people? Fifteen?

>Veeky Forums taking in eros and hippie refugees
>still doesnt believe its becoming hippie 2.0
take a look at the chat box, its full of memes and shitposting

>get idea rejected by players and the host
>wait for holidays when my TG ""friends"" come over
>make PR for my idea
>all my ""friends"" will vote yes
>merge it in less than 48 hours

Easy like pissing in a pool

On the other hand, windoors (even unreinforced glass ones) are significantly more durable than reinforced windows.

That is a fair point but bar raids isn't high on my list of concerns.

>Looking at the chatbox

What is this, Bay?

>majority of actual players who have played long enough to be eligible to vote want it
>majority of people on github vote for it
>TG IS TO BLAME

If you assholes would express yourselves it would make feedback a lot better instead of just blaming the boogeyman that fits best.

>the chicken spoke
>and inTGracy ignored him
really makes you think

>self merging
There is literally no worse sin on github

>I'll re-examine whether this is worth keeping/adjusting in a week.
>The keep/revert/change poll will get started on the 14th

>Deadminned himself so he can't make polls
DEVILISH

>Deadminned himself so he can't make polls
Holy shit intigracy you stupid fuck

pomf doesnt matter anymore, if the vast majority wants something then they will get it

>let's not have attack animations because muh casuls
>but let's never reintroduce body drag damage, and let's never nerf EZ PZ fast cloning medbay
REALLY
MADE
ME
THINK

but he has a point
if you don't need to look at the chatlog during combat, new players will not look at the chatlog to see anything actually valuable like people talking

What exactly is BAD about the animations? Just the fact that new players will be even more oblivious to the chat?

He does but in this case it's something he's never wanted and he admits he's not an active player anymore so he feels like his opinion isn't paramount on this particular topic.

I've been to TG, they look like ass

It's because NOBODY HAS CODED THOSE

Is the playerbase dead yet?

There was a chat window before?

>implying we're playing by staring at the chat log and not looking at it when someone gets a ... ? ! over their heads

If you could have chat near the players instead of off to the sides that would also probably be cool, but the problem with that is that it'd obscure a lot of the screen, more salient than "looks humpy ew".

If you see pomf post, he talks a lot about his depression and the condition causing him to be unable to find enjoyment in anything anymore, which is why he doesn't play and why he feels like he doesn't matter any more.
But he's still our server host, and the highest authority, and well, it is HIS server. If he doesn't want something, the players and admins and coders should respect his decision.

nah it's still roughly the same size it always is.

mid 30/40s during the day. 50s during the evening. 10s/20s during the australian hours.

got up to 75 last sunday but thats sunday evening its always busy.

>Nobody coded stripped features

Isn't it just the player going forward a little bit? I've only played on vg.

Alright, user, add them back and make a pull request! You can do it!

user you don't want something. Don't try and use Pomf to override what most players want.

Pomf is the ultimate authority but that doesn't make him right every time. The stability of our server is thanks to his willingness to accept when he doesn't get his way over the majority of players. Emulate him.

Good to see it's still kicking, thanks

Why are so many people depressed? just take vitamin D to help

>yog
>Polaris
vore

>inb4 "moths/dinosaurs aren't furries!"

Several people were acting against the removal of speedclonebay on github you know.

this.

just fucking code it if you want it. I have shit to do I can't do your shit too.

>Just don't be depressed bro

Not speedcloning isn't robust, though, it's just slow.
In fact, due to the amount of doctors who don't know how to speedclone, a doctor who does is a good sign.

Of course it doesn't, but when he forced MMO progress bars on the server he gave everyone an option, you can have them on or off, because lots of people were against it.
Except this time, when lots of people are against it, there has been no option, just a straight merge.

I'm not saying that, I'm saying take steps to help fight it. It's a chemical imbalance huffing and puffing about it doesn't help

The only options were to change how the game works dramatically or change how the animations worked dramatically and none of the collaborators were satisfied with the hacky way of doing it. That doesn't mean it can't be done in the future but we don't know how yet.

>talking about it doesn't help
ok BRAH dude you get your psych degree from broversity?

Then why add an ugly, unfinished product then, instead of waiting until someone has found a way which will satisfy everyone?

github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/issues/12585

I put my thoughts. github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/issues/12585#issuecomment-265269697

Put yours.

>The only options

Yeah bro because steam chat and IRC is clinical help

>three servers
>means all servers

Because the majority don't think it's an ugly, unfinished product. You do, but repeated support polls show that it's very approved.