Same reason why this dog shit was made.

That's a good car though...

>188hp
>177lb-ft
>3300lbs
>no LSD

I have no idea

How so?

High revving Yamaha engine, lightweight, Toyota reliability and resale, better handling than a normal Corolla

>Yamaha engines
Only the XRS if you're talking the generation you posted

This is a great car
This is a terrible car for scumbags

That's a S, not a XRS.

So? Its still a great car

So what does that have to do with Nissan slapping a Nismo badge on their Sentra and charging $25k for it

>charging $25k for it
I built one on the site and just hit 21k. It's the SR Turbo. There is no Nismo variant. OPs pic was a concept.

it's a sad, far cry from the B13 SE-R

My bad, I thought we were talking about the XRS

nope, not a concept. starting production in January.

Stop talking.

You sound fucking dumb as shit right now

Why not?
I'm more concerned with how the engine handles mods, because the last Sentra was absolute hot garbage as soon as you tried to put some power onto it.
Engine sounds like it's understressed, so I'm more concerned with how it'll hold up to more stress.
You faggots keep forgetting that tuner cars weren't jack shit from the factory compared to performance cars. They got the name "tuners" for a reason.

Because a much better car will soon replace it.
youtu.be/FWIP1V2Vjwc

So what makes this "tuner car" worth $25,000?

A WRX is $1600 more. A GT86 is $1300 more. A GTI is the same price. A Focus ST is $300 cheaper before promotions and sales. A Fiesta ST is $4000 cheaper before promotions and sales.

All of which are lighter, make the same or more power, and are going to be way more fun to drive. This is literally a Sentra SR Turbo with a appearance package. It has NO major changes to merit the Nismo badge; even the Nismo 370Z has a exhaust, retune, extra bracing, and different shocks/springs/swaybars.

Why even bother? It's not even going to be as good as the last gen SE-R Spec V. At least that had a factory LSD, and was a decent Civic Si competitor at the time.

Anything is better than the last gen Spec V, you've never had to deal with that shitty 2.0 liter if you think otherwise.
>blah blah blah no nismo changes
Did you even read up on it?
Fucking Christ at least give it an attempt.
It costs as much as an Integra type R did new off the showroom floor.

>Weighs more
Fucking source that a FWD ecobox weighs more than an AWD funbox.
Fucking source on any of this shit because literally nothing definite other than Nissan marketing is available.
So how in the fuck are you getting insider knowledge? Did it pull up to your stop instead of the bus?
"n all seriousness, Nissan has put some extra work into the Sentra that might not show up in the spec sheet, but it should make for a more (even if just slightly so) fun driving experience.

"Aerodynamics have been improved to decrease lift without changing drag. The body is reinforced and stiffer. The suspension is sport-tuned to be more reactive, steering is more responsive and the engine has been tweaked to reduce internal friction."

It's a FWD 4 door "sporty" car. How much does the accord 4 door start at? What about the civic SI sedan...?
Oh wait, there isn't one anymore.
It's competitors are base model focii and fiestas.

Which spec-v are you talking about?? Last gen I thought was the b16 version which has a 2.5-liter engine, not 2-liter

Then I was wrong, I thought the SER Spec V had a 2.0 for some reason.
It was still a piece of hot garbage.

>muh maxima 4dsc

thats why

youre such a fucking shameless toyoshill

Holy shit lauding a corolla s while implying that the nismo sentra has no merit

The last gen Spec V had more effort than this Nismo edition.

It had different cams, intake manifold, and higher compression than the QR25s from the Altima. It was actually reliable compared to the B15 before it (no butterfly valves in intake manifold, different header design). Aside from the HLSD, extra bracing, different shocks/springs, and seats.

>It costs as much as an Integra type R did new off the showroom floor.

A Integra Type R was a $24,000 car in 1999. That's the same as $35,000 in 2016. That's a horrible argument, don't compare it to a good car. Actually, reminder people have paid $30,000 for fucking Nismo Jukes. Nissan really is a scumbag car company.

And it was unreliable as shit as soon as you tried to throw more power at it.
"civic SI competitor" implies it could run with a Civic SI in more than stock form.
>nismo juke
>nothing to do with this car

So where are the 26k WRX'?
Oh right, they don't exist.

Want a new Golf GTI?
29k for the manual.

BRZ? 29k.
FiST? 2017 models aren't available in my area yet, so you may have a point there.

The newest accord makes less power out of a 2.4 liter than the Sentra does with a 1.8T.
And that's assuming you aren't getting the base model.