Should I buy a 1984 Nissan 300ZX? I love the dash, and overall aesthetic. Can I make them fast?

Should I buy a 1984 Nissan 300ZX? I love the dash, and overall aesthetic. Can I make them fast?

You can make anything fast with enough money and time.

You can probably LS swap it.

>Can I make them fast
No, YOU probably can't. Because they aren't fast to begin with and whatever bolt ons and assorted shit you're going to do isn't going to do much. Now if you actually had alot of cash you could.

Get the TT, or kill yourself.

>TT
The Z31 never came in twin turbo, only single turbo.

sure, It's 30 years old or so so it's gonna have some things here or there that need replacing but it's nothing no one cant handle.

If you find a z31 turbo with the VG30ET then you could probably just replace the injectors and some turbo bits and get the thing tuned for more power in moderation. It would be quick for what it is.

Well it'll be a project car. Like the guy above you said, could I LS swap it? Or would it not be able to handle significantly more power?

Do you wanna be a scumbag?

Why would that be?

Only scumbags own nissans

Ah yes, forgot about that

Really? How could you ever forget?

The guy with the fastest, street-able one, was still slow as shit by most cars standards. Like 500hp or something. In a 3400 lb car. Z31 is a shit. Slow, electrical problems, cooling problems, ugly as fuck (inb4 edgy it looks good), handles poorly, doesn't take to mods well, you'll put a ton of money into the suspension. Digital dash goes bad all the time.

VG30DETT > VG30ET

I think I know who you're talking about lol

look for: rust, If the AI still works (switch in glovebox), and that the odometer piece isn't discolored or broken

It's already fast though..

They're not that fast from the factory but totally buy it. Look up videos of boosted vg30 sohc's. I think a lot of 240sx parts fit them

>Nissan 280zx
>Nissan 300zx Z31
>Nissan 300zx Z32
>Nissan Skyline KPGC10
>Nissan Skyline KPGC110
>Nissan Skyline R32
>Nissan Skyline R33
>Nissan Skyline R34
>Nissan Silvia CSP311
>Nissan 240RS
>Nissan Silvia S13
>Nissan Silvia S14
>Nissan Silvia S15
>Nissan 240sx S13
>Nissan Pulsar GTi-R
>Nissan Stagea GTR

Nissan is literally the greatest Japanese automaker of all time. only Toyota can compare.

>Can I make them fast?
yes, but not without work. Even the turbo models weren't that quick, by modern standards at least. You'll want to swap to either a VG30DETT or a VQ35DE.... or an LS V8.

you forgot the cefy

yes the Z32 is a much better car than the Z31, Only poorfaggot edgelords disagree who unfortunately pollute this place.

>all these terrible cars
Wew

>some of the best cars of their times
LOL are you a faggot who judges old cars by todays cars? HAHAHAHA Faggot.

Nope.
One single mazda destroys them all.
Not to mention nissans TERRIBLE build quality and history of being unreliable.
Fucking scumbags.

Yes you can make them fast but it will take work. I don't think there is an ls swap kit, as there is for the s30 and s130. If turbo you can do exhaust, intake, turbo, intercooler, cams, and ecu.

You could swap in a larger vg. You could swap in an Rb, which was an option in Japan.

if you're from yurop maybe

If you want it and it's in good shape buy it. I looked at a few and they seemed like good cars but they aren't that fast. They look pretty awesome though.

>talks about build quality of a Nissan
>claims a Mazda destroys them all
>MAZDA

WEW
E
W

Unfortunately, I haven't found a single turbo for sale.

I like them all

If you're going to buy an ancient rust machine to drop a RB into you should just get an S30

Its a fun car, ok power and handling. PAIN IN THE ASS to work on.