Is there a better looking car even close to the same price range as this?

Is there a better looking car even close to the same price range as this?

Other urls found in this thread:

sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5846676714.html
merced.craigslist.org/cto/5884501184.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

FC3S, MA70 etc..

a bike no car the bus ect ect ect

I can't afford a 911 so I will try to cope with this 4 cylinder n/a with none of the benefits of the 911 but all the downsides and be beaten by it's Japanese contemporaries etc etc etc etc

Just LS swap it.

or a vw 1.8t

If you disregard the engines (so after you LS/2JZ swap them), which is lightest:
>FC
>Mk 2 or 3 Supra
>924/944
>Starion

Nothing comes close

FC basically looks as good as these, if not better
also has a better engine (special snowflake, revs higher, etc)

>the engines better because of these two irrelevant metrics

>VW 1.8 20v turbo
>Not V10 like Piech intended, or Audi I5 turbo

it's more exciting than a boring 4-cylinder you dumb cuck

>sucking off passers by in exchange for apex seals is fun

> forgetting to properly lubricate your engine is a fault of it's design

ok bud
also rotaries can generally run decently enough to get home even with poor sealing

>it's only the lubrication system lmao
>so what if they forgot to install one that works, you can still make it home
>and you can tell everyone it's a 1.3 liter and it revs really high xD

>tfw no matter how good this car looks they're pieces of shit
>any one you can find in the US is an unsafe deathtrap
>if you can even find one of those

install what that works?

the lubrication system does work properly, it's called the oil metering pump and fuel injectors.

basically the only thing you're telling me is that you're too retarded to own a rotary

Very cool early dash model.

OP only asked for a better looking car. The Lancia is universally better looking. Not our fault Lancia can't back up looks with quality.

that car is ugly as fuck tho

not to mention youll always look like a faggot in it

>Tfw dad has one which needs some work done but otherwise is perfectly fine
>Prob has to sell it because poor
I'd love to work on the Car with him ;_;

The lesser sibling just looks better. Less boxy, cleaner lines. 924 S for me please (the ones with the detuned 2.5)

Finding one is another matter..

The thing about the LS1 swap is that it's only possible on the 944 Turbo (stronger transmission).

The 944 Turbo already performs well, so it seems like a bit of a waste.

Nope.

One of my friends has been driving a 944 Turbo S his parents gave to him in high school. I'm so sad that now he wants to sell it to get something that makes "500 reliable RWHP" instead of just fixing the constantly breaking crap on his Porsche. Being fair, he's got his 944 developing around 300 pushing 2 bar of boost, so shit's bound to break.

Most recent break: Turbo seals are toast, alternator is shot. He's getting sick of fixing it up all the time.

Anyone?

FC is the better chassis, especially when you take a lot of the goodies from a convertible and put them on a hardtop version.
Then again, there's no sense in JZ swapping an FC, just build up the rotary and enjoy, or swap a 20b in and turbo it to .4 bar or so, not enough to blow it up but enough to push out monster power lazily.

s30 blows this car away

>The thing about the LS1 swap is that it's only possible on the 944 Turbo (stronger transmission).
Just drop an Audi 2.5 TDI 6 speed manual trans in. Shit bolts right up.

There's a fair amount of these in yurop.

The lightest would be either the FC or the Starion, and the better candidate for the swap, especially JZ, would be the Starion

I know. I'm lamenting that they're both shitty and extremely rare in America.

There's been a pretty good Beta Zagato on my craigs for a while, haven't had a chance to go take a look
sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5846676714.html

Not much more of a POS than a 944

here you go.
merced.craigslist.org/cto/5884501184.html

Sadly these have gone up in recent years, they used to be dirt cheap

what goodies does the convertible have?

>he wants a Volkswagen

Ok

Lots of chassis stiffening to make up for the lack of a roof.
Also headrest speakers.

>XXR's on an offroad s30

Holy fuck, i put xxr's on my S30, but i only do casual driving, id never trust them if i wanted to go sideways

err.. you know the 924S shares engine with the 944 (M40/44)?

looks like a 300zx in a weird way

but user, it has door handles from a golf!!!!

As does the 944, so I still fail to see how the 924S is more volkswagen than the 944.

Ironic, aint it?

You'll be getting your throat swabbed far more often for those 12 hour clutch jobs, Hans.

I have never driven a 944 etc etc et al

Have to agree with you there, user

The headrest speakers are cool but not worth anything IMHO. The strut tower speakers and a small amp should be just as good for sound quality and volume if that's what you are looking for. Plus some models had door speakers and some have dash speakers. If you want more than just two. I'm planning on ripping out all of mine except the shock tower speakers.

Also they sell tons of bracing options for fcs. That probably fit better and are way easier to install then something your gonna get off the vert. There's a reason I always see verts for sale but the only running hardtop I could find was a track project. They are more desirable.

>blue
The blue colors Porsche put on the 944, 968, and 928 are so nice, but my goodness they're rare.

There's a nice, late 924S on the PCA marketplace in... Pennsylvania I think. Guards Red, nice interior, records, for under 4k.

oh so that's what it looks like when it's not absolutely fucked up, like mine.

The 928 was supposed to have a V10, not the 944.

Is Cayman the modern 924/944? It has VAG parts, right?

944 general when?

Do you have any more information? I couldn't find anything about the 2.5 transmission in relation to the LS on Google.

It's apparently a solid and common 6-speed replacement for the stock transmission and it doesn't require any (major) mods to fit. I think it also fits the Boxster/Cayman.