What gas does Veeky Forums use?

What gas do you use? What octane, what brand, etc. What's the highest octane in your area?

I used to put Shell 91 in my car but have since started driving down to Washington to get 92. It's cheaper and I find I get better mileage and performance, not mention most gasoline in BC is shit. Chevron 94 is the highest near me, and I'm tempted to try it, but people have reported serious problems with their engines after using that gas.

Other urls found in this thread:

gtrlife.com/forums/topic/75076-bc-chevron-94-issues-need-feedback/
revscene.net/forums/681545-crappy-canadien-fuel.html
e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=860059
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grob_G_850
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating#Difference_between_RON.2C_MON.2C_and_AKI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I use top tier 93. Cause that's what I have my tune set up to run on.

92 on my 125cc. it feels more powerful

I used 87 until a got a pre detonation issue. Put BP 93 in. It silenced the sound hugely. Since then, 93.

92 in my Miata in WA, 87 in my Mazda3. I go Arco because my cars both suck

diesel

>but people have reported serious problems with their engines after using that gas
What problems?
I run it all the time on my FiST cause I can't find 93 anywhere here and haven't had any problems for about 5k.

Shell V-Power, here in the UK it's rated at 99Ron.
I use it because it's what the user manual specifies and I've noticed a difference in performance when using other premium fuels such as BP Ultimax.

Is chevron better or shell? Non ethanol vs regular?

2002 WRX Wagon: 93 Octane

petrol

87 octain fuel? Wow you Americans are plebs.
95 is standard in Europe

87 US octane translate to 91 yuropeen.
90 US= ~95 yuro
93 US= ~98-99 yuro

I fill up at Costco and always get top tier. It's typically around 91 or 92. Old dudes at the corvette shows I go to swear that Costco gas is the best.

Not sure where you've been hearing that. I've used Chevron's 94 for over a year now with no problems. Loving the better efficiency now that I'm not burning ethanol - somehow I went from 11L/100km to 9.5 despite driving harder than before.

87 because I'm a poorfag and I don't really care.

98 exclusively.

There's always one spack

Also, 95 is not standard in europe.
91 with 10% ethanol is. And it's shit.

BP98 at all times

Standard in Germoney is 95 with 5% ethanol.

Ethanol has a lower amount of energy per mass unit than pure gasoline. So less ethanol will mean more mpg provided everything else is kept constant. That's why e85 requires bigger injectors usually.

Kerosine

95 ROZ with 10% ethanol since may car doesn´t need more octane and E10 is a few cents/L cheaper than E5.

The highest octane we got here in germany is 102 ROZ.

87 octane from who gives s shit

Regular (95 RON), pretty much all gas stations have 98 RON, but usually not at every pump.

I try and use 93 as much as possible. its either mobil gas stations or shells. those are the only places I go. I drive a 90' miata...

93, mobil or shell usually. My car has a vq30de in it, so its required for maximum torkz.

>he drives a nissan

i use a 50/50 blend of 93 and e85
im worried if i use straight e85 my fuel system will degrade while the car sits in storage over the winter

93 Ethanol Free.

No ethanol here senpai.

still the the spack is you.

Also only the finest for my gixxer, 98 all the way.

my manual says it's meant to take regular 87 octane, but it's got a turbo. maybe every other month or so ill fill it up with shell vpower 93 octane to keep it clean

87, my corrola engine doen't give a shit.

my 81 does.

Pre ignition mostly. I've been looking for a few threads I read awhile ago. One on a BMW forum and the other on a tuning forum.

I think someone found out through dynoing their car that US 91 is better than Canadian 94, both Chevron fuels.

I dont see whats wrong with nissans.
Modern nissan, sure. But the vq30 is well reviewed for a reason, as are the cars they're put in

Regular or Premium. Depends in which car I'm in. Never in my life have I used that middle tier gas. WTF is that even for?

You can't beat Bp 98 down under

I think it's for people who don't have a car that requires premium, but think that putting midgrade will be better for their engines. Just a scam I think

I've always put 87 in my Mazda 3. Would switching to 92 all the sudden be bad for it in any way?

You realize octane content has nothing on how much mileage you get right?

Just use what your manufacturer recommended

My owner's manual says to put 89 in it, but 87 is fine but fewer horses
Should I run 89?

digressing but whats up with the blue tape

I drive a 500SL that requires a minimum of 91 octane.

I've always found midgrade to be pointless. What car do you drive?

Looks like he had either his windshield replaced, or re-sealed because they did that on my Jeep

'10 Fusion Sport 3.5

Don't know much about Ford engines, but if it says 89 then I'd use 89.

Engines are optimized for a certain standard of fuel, so if you put 87 in a car that requires 92 then there would be pre ignition or knocking and in a car with high compression, possible damage to the engine.

the lowest and cheapest there is

No knocking, manual says it's fine but that it probably retards timing for no knock and loses power as well, just wonder if efficiency(mileage) would be better with 89

Here are the threads I was mentioning about 94 octane from Chevron.

>gtrlife.com/forums/topic/75076-bc-chevron-94-issues-need-feedback/
>revscene.net/forums/681545-crappy-canadien-fuel.html
>e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=860059

>live in western australia.
>most isolated city in the world.
>thousands of miles from next capitol city.
>98 octane and every station within 100km radius of me.
>our "Dirty shitcunt fuel" is 91 Octane
>log onto auto.
>browse thread about people salivating over 92 octane.

>filthy peasants.

>be australian
>forget your country calculates octane differently from the USA
>make stupid post
>is probably an abbo

Honestly the difference is probably unnoticeable. You're not going to damage your car by putting 87 in, it just won't be running at peak performance.

When I got my license I would always just put 87 into my parents cars('07 Yukon Denali, '13 GL350) because I didn't know any better. The Yukon is a 6.2l V8 and the GL is a Mercedes V6 so both of them require premium. I started putting 91 in and noticed an immediate difference.

Australia uses RON. So 98 is just marginally better than 92.

87 for the Jeep
91 for the BMW

>live in the third world
>highest octane fuel in pumps is 87
>a gallon costs around US$3, regular is 83 octane and costs around US$2/gallon
>can't go over 16psi unless I want my engine to go ka-boom-boom

Why, why the fuck was I born in this shithole?

Use to use regular 87 for my car since that's what it was rated.

Now i use 92 since it gives more power and eliminated the engine knock.

87 octane with a bottle of pic related thrown in

I regularly steal it from my old employer's store because he was an abusive shithead. Get fucked Kyle.

Up until now, I've used Petro 91 for casual driving and 94 if I'm going to the track. Now that it's winter and have no need for all my horsepower, is there ANY downside to going down to 89 octane? Besides power/torque which I don't need.

My engine is pretty high strung, 240HP out of a 1.6L turbo (not a big turbo either).

top tier best tier

>americans highest fuel is 93
>they call US euro-plebs

get fucked americunts

They use a differen´t system.

>Eurocuck edumacation

Dumb frogposter

But I live at 6000 ft

How do we kick Eurocunts off this board jesus christ

EVERY TIME we make a thread about gasoline there is always 2-4 fuckwits who think we're on the same system

If you drive a turbo this doesn´t change anyting.

>frs chirps like a little cricket bird if I use anything with ethanol in it
>local gas station has one pump with an ethanol free handle
>have to sit and wait for it if someone's already on it
>today a soccer mom had her SUV parked there chugging 87 octane reg that she could have gotten from any of the other god damned pumps at the station
>after five or six lifetimes the pump stops, the tank is full, time for her to fuck off
>she spots the person on the other side of the pump and recognizes them, strikes up a conversation, folds her arms, leans up against her car, and stands there talking to them

I don't.

All 4 of my vehicles are naturally aspirated. I really want to junkyard turbo pic related though, it needs it.

Turbos suffer from altitude changes too, they just suffer less than naturally aspirated engines. Turbos just cram more air into the engine, they don't magically increase the amount of oxygen in the air, you retard.

The amout of oxygen isn´t the problem, the lower pressure is, a turbocharged engine runs the same manifold pressure at 0ft as on 6000ft.
If the turbo system is good enough you can have the same manifold pressure as on sea level in 24.000m(78,7402ft).
Grob actualy went that crazy on a plane with a total compression ratio of 1:45.
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grob_G_850

The only thing a turbo suffers in high altitude is bigger turbo lag.

Sorry, i mixed up the total compression ratio and the boost compression ratio, just the turbos alone compress 1:45.

>gasoline

Used to use Petro 94 in Canada. I moved to Cali recently though so now I use Shell 91 V-Power.

>Australian
>European

Burgerstain education desu

>WTF is that even for?
My 1997 BMW takes 89 midgrade.

You should consider being called a yuropoor a compliment.

I'm not the Australian m8

Just someone who has looked at a map once :^)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating#Difference_between_RON.2C_MON.2C_and_AKI

Would changing to a higher octone make any difference in a car with over 200k miles?
Do the detergents in fancier gas actually do a decent job of cleaning out deposits?

>Would changing to a higher octone make any difference in a car with over 200k miles?
No, use the octane your manual says
>Do the detergents in fancier gas actually do a decent job of cleaning out deposits?
Debatable.

89, because it runs slightly better on it and the cost is negligible. It also has slightly higher compression since I had the heads milled a bit when I did the headgasket, and stock was 9.7:1 so it kinda needs it.

>all these cucks using shell

who the FUCK buys gas from a country where literally everybody rides bikes. you mongoloids deserve your sooty deposits.

Chevron/Texaco master race here - gas from states where motherfuckers actually have cars

>Texaco
>The company that gave free oil to the Nazis and Italian Fascists

dear /pol/, you realize he is a jewyorker who hates all of you right?

shellcucks are

B T F O
T
F
O

93, car requires 93.

The great thing about electing a billionaire, is he doesn't have to be bought Shillary.

Besides damaging your engine? No. Go for it

93, car required 91 stock, but I have increased the compression ratio and advanced the timing.

In the KCMO area I can only find 93 octane at one BP station near me that sells it.

I'm blindly trusting that they are legitimately selling 93, and not cutting it or really pumping 91. I haven't had any detonation so I'm suppose I'm good.

I use 87 octane because I drive a shitbox trailblazer. I had to get 93 octane a couple months ago due to that gas leak in the south and didn't notice a difference in performance or efficiency.

Yeah Canuckistanian fuel is awful but I imagine the 94 is still the best option. Flash tunes should never be done without a data-log optimization anyway which should get rid of any problems of the shitty fuel we get up here.

Stop being a cuck and tell her to move next time

110 US octane in my bike

>Never in my life have I used that middle tier gas. WTF is that even for?

Some cars that have the slightest bit of knock at 87 can get rid of the knock with 89. No need to spend the extra money for 91,92,or 93. I think the real purpose of midgrade is to take advantage of customers able to spend a little bit more but not to the premium level. Thus, it's existence is mostly a market position idea and it mixes some of the premium fuel with the regular fuel so they don't really need separate underground storage tanks for midgrade.

>You realize octane content has nothing on how much mileage you get right?

If your engine is already optimum at the current regular octane, then changing it to premium won't improve your mileage. HOWEVER, if your computer was retarding your engine to prevent knocking, then going to premium would allow the computer to no longer be wasteful. Your mileage would then go up.