I miss Group B

I miss Group B.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rtvMXiqymJI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

was the UrQuattro really the best group B car or is it a meme?

best results because competition was banned when it started to lose.

205 T16 was better, and Delta S4 better still.

Thankfully, we're seeing more and more lairy bodykits with huge wings in WRC. Take a look at the aero on the 2017 cars.

youtu.be/rtvMXiqymJI

Not only were they amazing cars but they were beautiful too, I would love own a lancia 037 and a Ford rs200

It was the most powerful - 500hp

Tbh they have been mentioned so much by normies they along with the infamous Juha Kankkunen.

Their only strong point was the horsepower., and it wasn't that needed, because if it was, new rally cars would be pushing 400+ hp already.

Also the spectators from that era were pants on head retarded.
>Hey, I should try touching the mirror of a speeding rally car, what could go wrong? It's not like I'm gonna lose a finger or something.

>I miss Group Meme.
Group A/early WRC was best

Best sounding and one of the most powerful, but not best handling. It's the one that defines the class, though. The car that started the AWD revolution.

i bet you were born after '91

"i miss group b"

lmaoo you only recently watched low quality youtube vids of it faggot

Let's appreciate some group B.

Lucky for you, Group B gets a spiritual revival next season

>380hp
>return of AWD with a center diff
>wider and more aero

>inb4 ogierwinslol
main problem is not the cars
main problem is lack of competition

Group B didn't have any competition either. Group A-early 2000's is the only period of the WRC with any of it

>TFW rally in general is dying

yes
that's why Group B wasn't good in the first place

Shut up cuck, you weren't even old enough to member it

Meh. Sub 300hp modern WRC cars are faster. Rallycross and hillclimb cars are in another dimension of performance. Watch non-WRC events if you want Group B levels of performance.

theyre still 1.6 liter hot hatches, granted boosted to hell but still not wacky racers enough to be group b 2.0

but the fans is half of what made group b so cool, all that power with no room for error or else you kill like 20 people like ford did

it's the best in the sense that it was a standard road car evolved and not a purpose built ground up racecar. It had major flaws, handled poorly, was tuned and driven well past its limits to stay competitive. It defines Gr. B

I wish there was a good english vid of the 85? 1000 lakes Rally. Markku Alen pushed the 037 to the ragged edge and was keeping up with the AWD cars. It was one of the best drives I've ever seen. Absolute madman

hmm depens. a big part of group b (at least for me) was the differences between the cars. front engine turbo 5 cylinder vs mid engine v6 na, vs mid engine 4 with huge turbo lag and still a lot of rwd cars. its the fact that the cars had different strengths basically.

I'm so ready for this. I was surprised Tommi was leading the toyota rally team for next year. Volkswagen dropped do I'm curious who is gonna pick up Ogier/Latvala/Mikkelson.

Kris Meeke is going to make everyone look like shit next year though.
>broke average speed and rally stage time in Finland with "waaah 1.6 litre not group B trash"