Guild Wars 2 General - /gw2g/

Light Edition

Previous Thread:

>I've been away from the game a while and what's new?
forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates
wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Release
>F2P information
help.guildwars2.com/entries/95982157-Account-types-Free-Core-HoT
>GW2 Wiki (type /wiki [article name] in-game to open browser):
wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page
>Redposting
forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/devtracker
>I Need a Build But I Won't Say for What Mode
metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki
en.gw2skills.net/editor/
>Content
gw2dungeons.net/
dulfy.net/category/gw2/
>The Mistwar
wvwintel.com/
>World Boss Train
wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Event_timers
gw2.ninja/timer
>Fashion Endgame
argos-soft.net/GW2/ArmorGallery/
gw2armorgallery.com/
>Simple Traveling Merchant Data
gw2bltc.com/
gw2shinies.com/
gw2spidy.com/
gw2efficiency.com/
>Crafting
gw2crafts.net/
>Roleplay Resources
Guildwars2roleplayers.com/
gw2.aculeo.org/
>Misc Fun Shit
tooltips.thatshaman.com/
tyria3d.com/
gw2dps.com/
>Writebin
pastebin.com/kRR6ZV7W

Guild Wars 2 Veeky Forums Guilds:

NA [HOPE]: Tarnished Coast, whisper Oothier, Grovewillow, Vroris, Raid Time, Peachy Panic, or Rijakk.
EU [FUN]: Seafarer's Rest, whisper Aktium, Amarin Luxtail, Kandra Wildfire, Strider Of Spring, or Dex Mindwrack

-Servers only matter for WvW and instancing.
-If no one is online, send a mail.
-If you are F2P, leave your name and region on the thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

guildwars2.com/en/news/upcoming-changes-for-pvp-league-season-5/
reddit.com/r/butthurt/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The fuck just happened?

guildwars2.com/en/news/upcoming-changes-for-pvp-league-season-5/

Discuss. There's no better way to get people together for the holidays than pinning us against one another in fierce PvP competition. Jokes aside, I'm eager for the balance changes.

No idea, ctrl+f'd "gw2g" and no thread showed up.

The other thread didn't have /gw2g/ in it.

Someone was purposely trying to get it to auto-sage.

I can dig it. I'll give me more reason to play for a bit.

Can I keep this rat? I found it.

you don't want it, it's riddled with tumors.

>I can dig it. I'll give me more reason to play for a bit.
I hope it brings cool people back, the limit to duo queueing might be a turnoff, but I'd still play unranked for guild missions.

>Vae is a officer of hope
shitpost about rats and stir shit to become officer nice guild

That's not nice.

>unranked for guild missions

That's so damn fun. I remember I went with a full party of necros and we all went MM in Stronghold for the pvp missions and we won. Made the enemy team so salty that a male asura sperged out in the map chat.

Vae is a cool person. I'm glad they made him officer.

lmfao

All I saw was that last thread, Vae's name was dropped to some who wanted a pve buddy, and he offered to be friends with the guy anyway. That's the Vae I know, he's a nice guy and he'd probably be your friend if you wanted too.

calsi, do you not see how hard you are projecting your own insecurities onto vae

So I've actually never finished map completion once or finished the original personal story on a single character.

I kinda envy the people who played on or around release in 2012.

I didn't start until around 2015

>I'm a new/returning player, how do I join the Veeky Forums guild?

NA [DORF]: Tarnished Coast, whisper Edarkness, Reignofpain, Unwarrior Chicken
NA [HOPE]: Tarnished Coast, whisper Master Ruseman, Awena, Valsi, Meyer The Shark, Surbrus Mindfang, Apothecary Beatus, Ancora Softpaw, Oren Nil
NA [SS]: Fort Aspenwood, whisper Jakey Gyllenhaal, Ayo Girl Cmere, or Double A E D
EU [FUN]: Seafarer's Rest, whisper Farfelu, Aktium, Nalynea, Mo Zing Miko, Togo Hornblower or Kealdrix
NA+EU [USA]: Fort Aspenwood+Seaferer's Rest, whisper Squatfu, Buzz Spankleaf, Togo Hornblower, Vuncia, Kerolastic
EU [Here]: Tarnished Coast, whisper Surbrus Mindfang, Ancora Softpaw, Vae The Spectre, Roxtar

-Guilds are cross-server, and the only real reason to choose the server above is if you want to be on the same WvWvW team.
-You can also send a mail asking to be in the guild, if nobody is online

Or, leave your name and server here so someone can check this post and invite you
Don't Join [FUN] or [HOPE]

Those are troll guilds made to trick members away from joining the real above official guilds.

What if I want to be more than friends...

There's only 2 active Veeky Forums guilds, HOPE and FUN in the OP.Please don't troll new players with that bloated list, that info is almost completely false or misleading, and I see you are now trying to convince people that it's not.

But as others pointed out in many threads before this, you contradict yourself by posting FUN and HOPE, that's just one example. It's pretty obvious you're trolling, but it's gotten old.

Neither are essential to playing the other content, I'm not outraged by your post or anything lol.

I'm glad he took my name out of [SS]

I joined one time as a joke and for a while they had my name listed as a person who could invite people.

>instead of gkicking vae for drama they promoted him instead
>even before long time member Florburz

Much better thread IMO.

>vae gets called out
>lol, must be calsi
n i c e m e m e

please fuck me next time

new phone. who's this?

>That's not nice.

Yeah, I can only imagine it must be terrible.

What did he mean by this?

No one but raziel deserves to have any title in HOPE

let raziel rule over all of hope with an iron fist

Here's a handy guide.

What are people's opinions on Revenants? Are they fun to play? Are they effective in PvP, PvE, and WvW?

Effective in all modes but not cutting edge meta in PvE. They're kind of fun I guess, about as fun as Warrior or Ranger.

They can be pretty cancerous. High mobility and good burst+ survivability. A skilled revenant is particularly annoying; more-so than most classes I've dueled.

Someone already mentioned that they aren't really sought after in pve

>active
delet this NOW

>they aren't really sought after in pve
Which is a shame since they bring the most important buffs very easily and have alright DPS, which makes them Ann easy fix to a fractal or dungeon group that can't get their shit together.

The problem comes in when you have a meta comp that brings the same buffs, making Rev redundant.

are you fucking dumb cunt? Either provide clear-cut genuine evidence when you're accusing someone of doing shit or shut the fuck up. Your butthurt is pathetic and your posts are annoying. Either man the fuck up or shut the fuck up.

I have never touched warrior, I don't particularly like melee in general. Warriors do more damage and can apply the same useful buffs (might, fury) much better than revenants and they do more DPS right?

"NA [SS]: Fort Aspenwood, whisper Jakey Gyllenhaal, Ayo Girl Cmere, or Double A E D"

Why do these names piss me off so much? I think it's because it reminds me of CoD retards or wvw try-hards like this cunt: www.

twitch.

tv/paynetv/v/93621542?t=01h47m25s

Stop posting anytime.

I'm so done with this biased guild. Vae? Really? The guy who caused the indefinite furry shitposting years ago is now a officer of the guild?
Fuck that noise and fuck you Drosera

Sort of, the might generation isn't as perfect (or effortless) as Revenant with Facet of Nature up, but they bring power and crit banners that no other class gets and they do more DPS. Also the rotation is easier.

Both do daily fracs, weekly raids, guild missions, chat with each other, etc.

They're still active!

I'm the only person here retarded enough to take your bait, here's your (you) faggot. Now fuck off and shitpost somewhere else.

Nah, fuck off m8.

And calm down, you're edgy as fuck recently. Go stretch your legs and get a cold drink or something, fuck.

>HOPE
>daily fracs
they only invite from discord :^)

>weekly raids
only if you're on the discord clique :^)

>chat with each other
they only talk in the discord :^)

also, your complaints don't matter since you're not in the discord :^)

Should I get trailblazers ascended on my necro for some WvW fuckery or should I make a thief.

I wanna be a dick head. I don't really care about dueling or zerging. I wanna pick off stragglers and harrass zergs like a one man army.

Please, there's always a shitstorm of falseflagging whenever someone gets bumped up in either guild, relax man. The furry spam comes from EU btw, jugg and his pals hate this thread.

Holy shit you got old.

>edgy as fuck recently

I'll tell people to fuck off if I want to, user. Just as I'll tell people I think they're cute or nice if I want to.

Discord is pretty convenient. Instead of having to log into the game to talk you can communicate away from your computer and play other games as well.

Pretty smart on their part.

>they only invite from discord :^)
They invite from both /g and discord.

>only if you're on the discord clique :^)
See above, they also tell people that they organize on discord, they use it to do CALLS of course they'll use fucking discord.

>they only talk in the discord :^)
People talk on both, but discord is more active. I've never seen a noob's question go unanswered in /g

Quit bullshitting, your post is full of crap when any of their members are allowed on it.

user...
As much as I'd love to be an insanely dedicated fella to fighting people for a living and making huge amounts of money, that's not me. And he's 28 btw. It's Conor McGregor.

It's just some fuck-wit bullshitting.

yeah it was pretty smart, people don't have to play this trash game and still keep contact with friends

Thief relies on Maurader's, so I think you'll make the same amount of effort to gear. They are the more dickhead class than Necro tho.

>longtime
Vae has been around for years

This is true. Just don't reply to bait user. They want your (You)'s

Sure. I made some pretty good friend's from this game and in HOPE and I have them all on steam, discord, and battle net now.

*pats*

Thanks qt user.

Well I have a set of ascended from finishing the raid legendary armor stuff so I can easily get one or the other. I'm leaning heavily towards thief because of the stealth and mobility and gank potential.

MAKE HOPE GREAT AGAIN VAE

*sits on ur lap and grinds*

user no, i have told you many times pokemon are not for lewd, they are for hug not fug.

Thief will function exactly as you figured, it's the dickhead roamer class as well, I say go for thief or at least wait til balance changes on the 13th to make a final decision. I doubt they'll change much functionally, but I hope necros are buffed. I think Light Envoy looks better though.

kek

And I'll call people cancerous if I want to, just as I will express concern for your heat-stoke and petrol-fume addled brain.

See how that works?

there is one group that does fractals and multiple people ask throughout the day but dont ever get a team

raids dont happen as often or at all honestly

no one talks in /g anymore but that shouldnt stop anons from trying to talk in /g

Yeah that's why I'm holding off. I figured they might nerf the class I pick so I've been waiting patiently for the balance stuff to hit.

Thanks for reminding me I almost forgot about the 13th

Vae/Gnashblade 2020

MAKE TYRIA GREAT AGAIN

>vae is an officer now
dropping this shit guild

Except you're shitposting like a retard and trying to insult me because I'm Australian when in reality I live in a great place and you're more than likely being eaten up by jealousy every time I post. I understand faggot.

Good get the fuck out, don't forget to delete your post while you're at it.

Necro is THE WORST class in WvW, meanwhile Thief is the fastest uncatchable roamer with four highly viable roaming builds (Marauder D/P, Valkyrie Staff, condi P/D burst, condi Acrobatics D/D flipmaster w/ condi immunity and extra heals)

Recent changes have more or less removed Revenant's cutting edge meta spot.
Not sure exactly what caused it, but something to do with how facet of nature works (or has stopped working) with signet of inspiration.
They're still somewhat useful for other buffs and some of the strongest CC in the game, but the former is made redundant by other professions with higher DPS and the latter is made redundant if you already have enough combined CC to break things consistently.

>implying jugg has pals

Is this real? How unaware could you be?

yeah it's real. she's just a dumb slut that has shit for brains. Another attention whore that flocked into cosplay and other 'nerdy' shit once they realized hordes of desperate betas will pay them money and shit like that. Fuck the big bang theory ;)

>trying to insult me because I'm Australian

See, this is what I'm talking about. Are you sure you're not cranky cause of the heat? Normally you have more tolerance for ball busting.

Also,
>Shitposting
>In this thread

You're usually more cogent then this. Comfy (and lighten) the fuck up already. Crankyanon doesn't suit you.

>infamous shitposter gets promoted to officer
>immediately begins samefagging and falseflagging to garner extra (You)s, while posting his furry photoshops on the side

nice

well done raziel, because we definitely didn't kick him before after all the drama he incited last time

...oh wait

Um no. You do realize the person who would spam Vuncia was Jugg right?

dont bully raziel
he cares about everyone in the guild more than anyone
especially squatfu

>multiple people ask throughout the day but dont ever get a team
Are you sure? I've /join'd people without saying a word in /g, discord fills up the same way too.

Raids have been a weekly thing for a while, but you can't compare early HoT to now, there was a big different in the game's population and interest. All I was sayin to that user is, people aren't inclusive, hope does ask people to check out discord.

The nature of Veeky Forums communities has changed since its spread, its so different from the tedious TS or skype groups of olden.

don't be naive.

If Raziel genuinely cared about HOPE, he would gkick Vuncia for good instead of giving them third and fourth chances to not break HOPE's own rules.

I feel like I'm perfectly cogent - didn't know I was engaging in ball busting or bants or whatever with someone. The weather here today is fine lol, and I'm not in a bad mood, I just wanted to back up my buddy and tell some anons to shut the fuck up, is all.

He admitted to it. Stop trying to stir shit.

>Vae has the power to kick anyone and everyone from the guild

shut the fuck up rexxie, you don't even deserve a (You)

see People are just making the same posts now.

At least it will blow over eventually.

Don't give these retards any more (you)s.
Instead train silently, non-stop, so they day we meet these fuccbois in person we will cut them down in droves.

raziel loves hope but loves vuncia more of course

so "jugg" posted this right? definitely not vae samefagging lmao

you're fucking touched in the head

>You're fucking touched in the head

Nice projection. Coming from the dude literally triggered by asura and charr.

Let me direct you to a place that's much safer for that mindset

>>>reddit.com/r/butthurt/

Watch out we've got a psychic on the thread. You fucking goof, chill out.

Look at what you did, Comfyanon is now the center of reason, he's right though, let's fold our canthan steel in preparation for pvp.

Time to kick those nasty rats before they all turn green with envy.

Vintage meme

this totally isn't a rexxie post

You're too poor for scribing since you think 400g is a lot, so the other questions were not relevant.

>vae kicks all the rats
>invites all the cats
>puts faeeq in a dog costume and gives him the new rank of bitch jester

cute...

>tfw spent 700g learning crafts and crafting ascended weapons and armor
>tfw still have 300g on hand and more mats ok the bank

No ragrets.

>Vae the Spectre kicked Peachy Panic from the guild.

Did you use gw2crafts.net?

You could have saved even more gold.

>Vae the Spectre kicked all rats from the guild

>Vae the Spectre kicked Oothier from the guild.

If only this were real

Officers can't demote leaders or kick higher ranks or people of equal rank.

>tfw my clone gets promoted before me

Agent Zrii is mai waifu.