reddit.com/r/Starcitizen_Leaks/comments/5fnd8p/evocati_leaks_updated_regularly/
>Latest ATV:
youtube.com/watch?v=3rcWkqliP6A&t=0s
>RTV:
youtube.com/watch?v=nnPrz48kB78
>Loremaker's Guide to the Galaxy:
youtube.com/watch?v=DhJ_mqKHywQ
>Referral code randomizer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-1-rpqu70wunuwc4CS9oqXwh1TnFS73f8HJAtAgKWeU/htmlview
>Citizencon Demo:
youtube.com/watch?v=pdCFTF8j7yI
>CitCon2016 Full Presentation:
youtube.com/watch?v=XuDj5v81Nd0
>Star Marine Demo:
youtube.com/watch?v=QW-f4ourFEc
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
>Latest videos
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vf82U5Tx0x8
media.giphy.com/media/13M4rU5KYpsEtG/giphy.gif
youtube.com/watch?v=aQKgpm1SJmQ
store.steampowered.com/app/419...
star-made.org/
inovaestudios.com/battles...
helium-rain.com/
spaceengineersgame.com/
mandategame.com/
dualthegame.com/
robertsspaceindustries.com/
no-mans-sky.com/
reddit.com/r/scleaks/comments/5gy05t/want_to_play_26_offline_now_you_can/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

SPACE ADVENTURE!

reminder

Starfarer wreckage video
youtube.com/watch?v=vf82U5Tx0x8

>letting the old thread die
I was so lost without a place to shitpost.

is the cockpit made out of different materials that don't rust?

it's the guts, not rust. the armour plating got blown off.

bler
everywhere but the cockput got hit?

Why would rusting be a concern in space unless you're planetside often?

Caterpillar Turrets

Higher quality gif because of Veeky Forums Jew filesize limit

media.giphy.com/media/13M4rU5KYpsEtG/giphy.gif

nigger do you even webm??
regardless, where did the gatlan come from? have seen other vids of it firing and it was lasers, supposed to be m3a's pretty sure. don't recognize those guns at all.

lol .gif

get with the times grampa

I wan to put those on my Starfarer.

>That gif quality

I didn't even think that was from SC at first. Looked like a cutscene from Star Ship Titanic.

I lifted this shit straight off of plebbit motherfuckers I didn't make the gif

1 week, commando!

Who /star marine every day/ here?

VISION

Vision is strong.

those are the S4 APAR gatling guns from the vanguard. Revenant I think its called.

Carrack a shit, herald for crusty socked Nerds and sabre about to be BTFO.

All you're shipus a shit, and your waifu too.

New screengrab of cutlass 3.0

fuck me.

>using 2014 3DS Max
well at least we know their money isnt going to Autodesk

literally looks like LoD

Javelin is probably bigger than any ship I'll ever have, but boy does it have a nice ass.

I doubted too, when I first saw the concept art of it I though it was gonna look like shit.

Fucking christ, it's massive now (notice the dude standing by the nose). Have they added a second floor to it or something? Why the fuck is it so big?

its still a kitbash of old and new bits, dimensions will change around more.

The trick to owning a Javelin is to find someone that has it and wait until they park it. Then board and murder his npc crew and fly off with it.

Of course, eventually, the same will inevitably happen to you. The secret is that there is only one Javelin in the game and it changes owners via grand theft spaceship.

Im sure something like a javelin you'll be able to secure in a spacedock. The safe bet is that anything purchaseable to for real money can be securely stored while you're offline. Hell a javelin might even just pop out of existence when all its crew logs of the way that smaller ships will. I wouldn't count on that(starside safe logout) for anything you can buy with real money I would count that you could park it on the docking arm of a space station and have it "stored" safely until your next session.

>Log out
>Only your NPC crew remains behind
>Someone boards and defeats your NPC crew
>You lose your javelin

I would die of laughter

youtube.com/watch?v=aQKgpm1SJmQ

**wouldnt count on that(in flight logout) for anything labeled as a capital ship, but there will certainly be some way to make safe a ship that someone payed thousands of dollars for. Even as a prospective whaler I'm certain there will be some level of security for them, and rightly so, game where you can lose everything while offline(lookin at you rust) inevitably implode and the only people who ever "win" them or stick with them long term are the poop sockiest of the poopsockers.

Being exposed to risk 24/7 whether you're playing or not is just not a fun mechanic, its a stress inducing time capturing mechanic and I just dont think CIG is going to go that direction.

That level of risk will likely only bne associated with the "Org only" level of ships like Pegasus, Cruisers, BCs/BBs and other "capture only" type fleet ships.

>tfw sc whales buy ships to feed real whales

It would be hilarious if it happened to someone like dogmiral or some other "muh captaincy" dad. But it would also really chill the prevalence of caps in the game world, if there was no way to secure them short of 24/7 manning and flight no ones going to use them except for the very largest orgs who can maintain a crew 24/7/365 and that will be an extremely short list of orgs.

We explicitly dont want everyone flying a cap ship, but I do think that any org with 15-20 regulars should have a reasonable opportunity to get into that game without it just being a matter of time until some bigger, more addicted group finds their hidey hole and steals their ship while they sleep.

What would be entirely plausilble and possible in my estimation is that Caps might persist after you log out, but you can log them locked down and inaccessible to a station. They're still there and can be damaged, but for legal/NPC gaurd purposes they are part of the station and damaging them will result in a Police/Navy/Militia response.

Yes, I'm just having a laugh at the idea of assholes losing their shit. I certainly wouldn't think that's good game design though. If you are with your mention of Rust, I can imagine that would be shit. or hell, even Ark. I've seen videos of people losing shit they worked hours to build to some faggot stomping around with a T Rex while they were logged out. It would be a entertaining mechanic at first, but then it would get old quickly with everyone being constantly terrified of their shit being stolen.

yeah, both me.

And thats exactly why I stopped playing both rust and ark. Everything you gather everything you build and everything you plan can be ruined by one asshat in one night for no reason other than he was bored and felt like breaking someone elses toys.

Im all for real risk in vidya, but I prefer my real risk to be when I am actually playing the vidya.

bumpity.

/scg/ would rather die than be bumped by a dumb anime poster. nobody cares about /edg/'s opinion.

xenomorphs when

Can anyone explain what the big crosshair represents?

The little one is the center of the screen, and I know the circle thing represents what way you're moving towards. So what's the other one?

>it's not on topic.

I ***think*** its point of impact for fire given present velocity.

so how do I trick the patcher into downloading the PTU files?
or is this plebbit guide retarded

Apparently tomorrow will be the first evocati patch with the "full" flight changes. So we'll get to see just how fucking dull and joyless dogfighting will really be

>So we'll get to see just how fucking dull and joyless dogfighting will really be

Don't care really. I plan to a be a space trucker. The 360noscope crowd can go find some other game to fuck up with their neverending whining.

>So we'll get to see just how fucking dull and joyless dogfighting will really be

From everything I've heard, i'm expecting something similar to Starlancer/Freelancer. I'm not worried.

very curious about this myself, first noticed it in vid related; doesn't seem to align with either velocity nor where the gun is pointed, so I have no idea what it could be.

The square ish circle with the dot is your cursor. It's how you aim gimbals. The diamond/circles that extend from your cursor or targeted ship is your predictive aim point.

Cruise mode requiring boost fuel might be a good change,not sure why they halved SCM speed though

so you can actually see what you're firing at; the huge disparity in scm speeds currently means most combat happens at the very edge of weapon range and well beyond visible range, rather than having anything resembling dogfights happen

Oh, fuck me, you're taking about eva. Pretty sure that's a cross hair projected by the gun itself. It moves as the gun wiggles.

It doesn't seem to follow the gun movement too closely at all though, see for an example.

post NEETcaves

>look through optic
>eyes zoom the entire world
It's like CIG isn't even trying.

I hope they fix that retarded ladder in the cat command pod so I can neet in the lower half

Anniversary Livestream confirmed for the 16th

we already had an anniversary livestream?

I meant the Christmas Livestream

Go home Agent you're drunk

At a guess, looks like an indicator of which way you're thrusting.

Not your current vector, but rather where your current thrust will change your vector to.

WEEK 49. Almost there...

Greetings Citizens!

While many folks here are busily preparing for the upcoming release of Alpha 2.6 and our Holiday Livestream next Friday, December 16th, we've got 2016's last episodes of Around the Verse and Reverse the Verse this week, originating from our Austin studio for your enjoyment. Friday also brings the November Monthly Report and our Weekly Newsletter, where you'll learn even more about Star Citizen's continuing development.

Also: check back tomorrow for the precise time of this week's RTV once we've nailed that down.

Then buy another space sim, there's a few out these days.
Here's a few up-and-coming games.
Starpoint Gemini Warlords
store.steampowered.com/app/419...
StarMade
star-made.org/
Infinity: Battlescape
inovaestudios.com/battles...
Helium Rain
helium-rain.com/
Space Engineers
spaceengineersgame.com/
The Mandate
mandategame.com/
Dual Universe
dualthegame.com/
Star Citizen (but you knew this already)
robertsspaceindustries.com/
No Man’s Sky (if it ever gets off the ground)
no-mans-sky.com/

There's also EVE Valkyrie and assorted Star Wars games, do shop around instead of treating this as"A vs B" when you have C, D, E, F, G, etc. to take in to consideration.
Or you could get A and C, and later get E just for larks.

Fuck off Ben.

It's not rust, but it could also be scavenged

For me that's why I didn't buy Elite.
Because I will always have the doubt that I need an expansion pack to have what the game was supposed to be.

> murder his npc crew and fly off with it.
Only if you have a similar army made of players or npc

I love how people play a barebone alpha and conveniently forget that most NPC are intentionally made weak and stupid to give human a chance.

It will be fun seeing players go on a mission against sandnigger and discovers they can't go rambo
What if Chris Robert troll us and add AI in Star Marines and they win ?

Actually everybody want to be able fly a capital ship alone.
That's completely separate from making capital ship too specialized and costly to see everywhere (and don't forget jump gate size).
I'm surprised so many people don't get it. You'll still want to fly a Freelancer even when you can afford an Idris and its npc crew.

From what I know the plan is not to let players ship get destroyed while you are out as it would just be unfair.
Just like you won't need a guild to pay continuously the salary of your npc. It's been confirmed in some 10 FTC

The exception are prize ship like the Bengal carrier. Those are the one meant for Orgs. You can't buy them, only salvage them, capture them.

reddit.com/r/scleaks/comments/5gy05t/want_to_play_26_offline_now_you_can/

it's literally only /scg/ it's basically an insider meme at this point

>There's also EVE Valkyrie
Horrid reviews, shitty everything, dont touch with a thousand yard poll

CCP are shit tier developers and cant be trusted

>dualthegame.com/
>WoW tab target combat
Pfhtahhahaha. Wow. And people use this as an example of 'SC is going to have thousands of players in one area!'

>Chris Smith remakes the Hornet
>I'm not allowed to have it

>From what I know the plan is not to let players ship get destroyed while you are out as it would just be unfair.

What did he mean by this

> Tab targeting with hundreds of targets

WAKE ME UP

Huh, now that I look closer at it, on my computer and not my damn phone, there's actually 3 crosshairs. The static center, the one projected off the gun, and a slightly more transparent but much bigger one. No idea what that 3rd one is.

jesus lad

1 is the direction of movement
2 is the direction your head is facing
3 is the direction the barrel of your weapon is facing.

movement of all 3 crosshairs is potentially seperate and you see that mainly in zero g unless you are strafing sideways

you forgot

>shoots
>sprays randomly

>It's like CIG isn't even trying.
Does CIG give a shit flowchart:

Is it a jpeg?
if yes; shits given
if no; is it a ship that "needs" a remake to be sold again

if yes; shits given
if no; no shits given

Im sure this is posted up on their walls somewhere

>Responding to a 6 hour old post because of your need to shit on CIG for some autistic thing every FPS does

>autistic thing every FPS does
Most FPS games these days have proper scopes so no

Also its a fucking general not a /v/ thread, no one gives a shit about how long the age of a post is

So, someone with a good idea of how the game will actually be when it's open-beta forever (let's not pretend it'll ever be "done")

Are they going to EVE-esque grind times, where an actual non-shit ship takes a year+ to obtain?

>Most FPS games these days have proper scopes so no

Uh, no, very few games do proper PiP.

>where an actual non-shit ship takes a year+ to obtain?

excuse me?

>EVE-esque grind times, where an actual non-shit ship takes a year+ to obtain?
Complete opposite, its going to be little grind which is going to kill the game in its own way

I honestly dont think the game will have enough sand in its box to survive long term from gameplay, its going to turn into a themepark running generic missions in hugbox settings.

>its going to be little grind which is going to kill the game in its own way

theorycraft level: Mjölnir, hammer of headcanon

>implying the carebears will want to work for anything
Hohohhoohhohoho

E:D is a great example of carebears working tirelessly for excessive periods of time for rewards, or even nothing at all.

Yes, probably.

A guy who works with Ben who is director of ships was talking to some tranny and mentioned that they thought 30million UEC was a fair price to buy a Polaris ship.

Let's consider, their pricing has always been roughly $1 = 1000 UEC. The ship itself was like $725.

So, in-game, technically it would have cost 725,000 UEC to buy one, for your org to use. A typical mission reward in the PU is currently 1000 UEC, meaning that it would take a player 725 missions in order to afford one. A mission such as turning on a broken communication satellite which will take a few minutes total.

But you see, shit devs like to add grind to their games, to take away fun. They tell backers that they will have fun, and then they throw in generic stupid shit in their game to ruin it. Namely, trying to simulate an economy.

So, how is it reasonable, or fair, to take a 725,000 UEC ship, and charge 30,000,000 UEC for it? 41x the USD value.

That's essentially going to force 10,000 member orgs to have to pool their resources to buy them, leaving the 10 member orgs as 2nd class citizens. Only retards want grind in their games, they've just been brainwashed to accept it.

ED has forumdads, not carebears

It is a distinct difference in age

Basing anything on whats in Crusader of all things is fucking hilarious.

Would it make you extra mad to know that equipment is meant to be several times the value of the hull?

>A typical mission reward in the PU is currently 1000 UEC
We have what are literally tutorial missions, not real missions.

I don't appreciate having to browse a thread full of your shitposts without even finding a single argument in them. Can't you just surprise me for once?

Please use the basis of UEC and USD for ship pricing for the last 4 years as being constant, to form an argument.

Just because you've used it for a long time doesn't make it accurate or a useful metric.

"This ship jpg is literally worth 30,000 USD" - Ben Lesnick, ship director

>fins
>FINS
>FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINS

You mean
>turrets

Turrets were a mistake.

Yeah, they should have focused more on subsystems and logistics than 'crew' just being guys in turrets