/GT/ - Genesis Thread

Discuss about the brand Genesis in general.

I'm OP and I have an opinion about them. I think they produce world class products right now like the G90 which rivals with the 7 series, Audi A8 and the S-Class(which is undoubtedly the winner anyway). The main reason why more people don't give an eye to this brand is that they know it's a Hyundai but in reality it offers a lot of value for the money because all they care about is the badge. I agree S-Class, A8 and 7 series are class leaders but I, after reading a lot of reviews on the G90(as well as the G80) which all praised the car a lot(yes, look it up), I think people should consider looking at the G90 before going out and buying the G90.

I myself am planning to get a new mid-size sedan and my likes are the Lexus GS and the Genesis G80. Next week, I'm gonna test drive both of em and pick the one I like the most.

*buying any other large luxury sedans

Last generation s class for the price of a last generation s class

Gj Hyundai

Nice Baucedes

This isn't even the S-Class and it is 94.25 times more appealing than a big Hyundai.

I love the way the 5.0L sounds, but...
> Incoming BookFace-tier stuff

Upper Management at the Hyundai plant fired me because my type-1 diabetes was a "safety hazard." I was a goddamn programmer in a cubicle farm for fucks sake. I get low blood sugar one day and next thing I know they kick me out. My boss and his boss fought hard for me to stay but the upper-level Koreans were totally against having a diabetic in their factory.

Fuck Hyundai management. They'll never understand the struggle of having 47 mg/dL blood sugar randomly one morning. I've been unemployed for 5 months now. I lost my apartment and dat $900 / week paycheck. I have a mech. engineering degree and a computer science degree but no one's taking me up on interviews since Hyundai fired me (the plant is the largest generator of commercial income in the state).

Theyre nice. The 5.0 is quick and sounds great. I feel like theyre going to price themselves out of the market niche they built with the new Genesis badge.

Also fuck them for getting rid of the gen coupe when it was right on the fucking edge of being respectable. If that mid engine 2 seater veloster doesnt happen in the next 3 years they wont have my business again.

Inb4
>giving hyundai business, ever

what the fuck
why not just make one huge tablet that wraps around the car at this point

The Genesis G80 is just about the sexiest vehicle I've ever laid eyes on (and have a chance of owning)
But I'm not too familiar with the quality of Hyundai cars.

I'm looking to get a 2010s Genesis for my next car maybe, as I may be able to better afford it.

Fucking WWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

You have very strong opinions about hazard lights

Probably due to some shit regulation in the name of "safety"

Hope it goes well for them. Their turn around has been great and I look forward to the GenC replacement, although I'm worried they'll increase its price.

Holy fuck, that is a load of bullshit.

Buddy theyre going to increase the shit out of the price. Think 50k+

Theyre moving forward with sportier versions of the Veloster and Elantra. They wont really have anything to rub shoulders with the 370z's of the world unless you want to break the bank.

It would be nice if they go for the throat while competing with the brz's and civic si's by putting a monster Elantra out there and that mid engined veloster out there

Highly doubt that price point. That would put it in g80 territory and I can't see them sticking a super coupe in the same bracket as their mid size lux

Its going luxury sport. Joing the G brand in name and quality where the coupe now is a true hyundai despite having the genesis name.

3.3TT at 375ish horsepower and luxury inside. They are trying to compete with lexus and mercedes sport coupes not nissan and ford. The new coupe will probably still be a competative price but conpetative against a completely different field.

In other words: expect 50k

I'd expect 30k for a base model and the N badge to be mid 40s.

I don't mind it there.

Go away shlomo. Nobody here can afford the shit you're peddling anyways.