King of Depreciation?

A slightly used Jaguar XJ Supercharged V8 is under 50k in the used market.

The new ones cost like 90k(good spec'd ones) and you can get the base model for like 75k.

youtube.com/watch?v=05yUpaaWMZE

Would it be a huge pit attracting lots of money?

It looks so sexy and sounds really good too.

Why is this car so depreciated?

Hi Doug

My vote is the bmw m6. They can be had for 25k, sometimes cheaper, and the msrp was somewhere around 100-110k if im not mistaken

because jaguar is crap and break down a lot

>mfw my buddy bought a new 2016 impala 2lt for like 36k and now it's worth as much as my new 2016 civic ex-t that cost 15k less.
he has 15k miles on his though, mines only got around 3100

>pig design

all BMWs

all Audis

all VWs

really only Mercedes and Porsche don't depreciate to hell

Thats not really relevant

>Mercedes and Porsche don't depreciate to hell
you so funny mate

i believe there isn't anything that loses value faster than fiats and alfas

Fuck off, Doug.

Fuck me, that exhaust note tho...

10 year old XJRs go for

JLR employee here.

Probably because there have abeen some facelifts, and the XJ/XF get used a shitload as company cars, then luxury taxis, then dumped onto the used market.

If you can, get somebody who's familiar with the post-09 Jags to come with you and check out any prospective buys. Also, make sure that any relevant recalls/advisory changes have been carried out, as iirc, the XJ had two or three globally.

As for the car itself, yep, they look and sound great, and should be mechanically sound to be honest. However, the quality of any interior plastics may be surprisingly poor, depending on the year. Anything post-2011 should be fine.

Have you looked recently at the depreciation curve on the S Class? It walks off a fucking cliff.

Yea but Mercedes don't bottom out as far as others

If you're thinking about depreciation, you're basically getting rid of the car before you've even bought it

Why not get a car you don't want to get rid of?

Planned lifestyle changes or moves? Or Just generally wanting to be financially prudent, although in that case you should be the guy taking advantage of depreciation

I also tend to think if I was going to buy a car new it would be something I would want to keep forever but people with that kind of money tend to have more complex lives

Valid points, but I'm still not getting a shitbox or a certain model/make out of fear that plans change or resale value drops. Personally I would yearn for the car I really wanted to get.

Of course something like bying a two-seater cabriolet and getting a wife and kids right after would be retarded

It doesn't matter anymore, all these luxury boats are going to be 10% of their new cost in 10 years no matter the manufacturer. They all have 90 modules on the canbus that will fail eventually all made by the same suppliers. The cars like those Jags and Quattroportes are only slightly accelerating in depreciation vs. everything else.

Wut? Take a look at the CLS. I almost bought one because of depreciation on it.

Slightly this.

Anything without an all-electric motor will be worthless after 4 years of war in the Middle East again.

>buying a new car
>paying 20 grand for a civic
You both got cucked m8

>slightly used

Never seen one for cheap

20k is entry sub compact anymore m8.

My point was more along the lines of "you bought a brand new civic" when you could just buy a 3k civic

Literal niggermobile

Jag stepped their game up. Not a huge fan of the XJ, but still love the exhaust note. Styling is much approved for anything 2013+.