ITT driving habits you can't stop

ITT driving habits you can't stop

>shift to neutral
>wiggle shifter back and forth

That's actually not a bad habit to make sure you're in neutral (but I think you mean wiggle shifter side to side). When I was still learning how to drive I almost killed a friend b/c I turned the ignition on his Land Rover Santana while he was in front of the car and sandwiched him between the Santana's unobtanium bumper and his mum's Mazda 3. Not fun.

>not getting your shifter wiggled

i'll shift your wiggler

I knock the shifter btwn 4 and D

> guess I miss stick

apexing corners.

>shift to neutral
>wiggle shifter back and forth
I do that shit non stop. I even had some random dude come up to me and tell me something sounded wrong with my vet a few years ago. I never knew it made a sound just wiggling it around until a few years ago.

I always do that when driving a manual. Probably because I fear something like this: As for my habit... Well, not sure if it's a habit since it's only happened once but the other day I had to stop suddenly (something fell off some asshole's truck that they didn't tie down right, there was a car to my left and a concrete barrier to my right) and for whatever reason I "air-clutched" and put my hand to the shifter when I hit the brakes. My DD is an automatic. I haven't driven stick regularly since my dad sold his old truck.

>Applying race techniques
>while staying in my lane
>and going no faster than 5mph over the speed limit
>in a car

god i must look like a total faggot

>Keep my hand on the shift knob
>I drive automatic

>tap on brake pedal when stopped at light

kek

>stop at red light
>tapping the wheel with my fingers to the percussion beat of whatever I'm listening to. Sometimes also tapping my foot to the floor .
As user said, I probably look like a faggot lmao

i weave and drive like a madman on a highway full of potholes in a fwd ecobox and a 2 tonne mid size suv

I do the same shit dude

left foot breaking in literally pointless situations

>rev bike nonstop
i cant help it
i grew up riding shitty broken carbed bikes

better than the alternative of a boring trip

Yup. That is how that habit is developed. Not a bad habit at all.

How many of your engine brake downshift all the way to a stop? Or do you just coast down in your current gear, push in the clutch when you're at low rpms, and shift into 1st as you roll to a stop?

>shift into 1st when roll to a stop

You mean shift to neutral and apply brake, or else you will wear the bearing

>keep clutch in when stopped or at low speed

This.

>Hands 95% of the time at 9 and 3
>make sure my rpms drop some before I start moving
>move wheel to center before turning car off
>check door handle after setting alarm

most instructors will teach you that as a way to make sure you're in neutral

I wiggle the stick back and forward.

I always heel toe even when it would be slightly more beneficial to just rev match or even put it in neutral

It's practice.

>coast below 15mph
>don't check left mirror regularly (in the UK)

that's pretty much it. also when parking i have to turn the wheel almost 90 degrees to the right for the steering lock to work, i dunno if it's broken or supposed to be like that

Same..

Never drove a manual in my life and I do this

>driving at night
>touch my hand to the rearview mirror to make sure it's not folded back even though it's dark as fuck anyway.

For some reason I keep the shifting hand on the handbrake

Driving is my habit. I can't stop.

What the fuck do you think heel-toe shifting is if not rev-matching while braking?

>always heel-toe'an

My roads are pure mountainous roads so it really smooths things out a lot.

>Always neutral and let out the clutch in fear of wearing the throwout bearing

I drove a shitbox with a noisy one for a while and I was always paranoid that it would crap out on me.

>never steer with two hands unless I am in full attack mode

>Sometimes on one of the few straight roads shift with hand that is on steering wheel meaning no one, except jesus, is holding the wheel for a second

I know it is bad but I am just so comfy already.

I do the same but I try not to exceed or drop under the limit.

Beat a lexus in the twisties in my shitbox today doing that thing, the guy was easily doing 20 over but I kept tight in those tight corners and got ahead

>drive racing lines on public road

playing the drum kicks of the song with the brake pedals when i'm stuck in traffic.

that must look pretty retarded from outside.

>brake pedals
>pedals
>s
nigga what

Planting my foot on the accelerator at lights, something i did on motorcycles but cant stop

Fucking with Ricers. It's a bad habit because I don't ever back down, and I drive a sleeper, so they always take the bait. Then I wind up doing 40+ Over the speed limit, screaming 80 down a residential.

I do this but I shift into neutral after 2nd. My miata doesn't like being put into first while moving

I engine break down to third, then actually brake to a slow stop and clutch in right at the end. Anything more is really unnecessary for me.
If it's a stop sign I put it into first and rollstop but at a light I have it in neutral.

kys

oh god i do that too.

i do this. my handbrake is on the driver's side of the gearstick so it makes for a nice handrest in between shifts

My coworker could tell that my cefiero was manual because he could hear the "tick tock tick tock" of me checking neutral before starting it every day

Whenever I start a car I have the clutch engaged so that even if it isn't in neutral nothing of that kind will happen. Not sure if it does any harm to the car though..

I rev my z non stop at lights because it will stall otherwise... maybe I should fix that vacuum leak

I do neutral and clutch and handbrake and brake engaged at start, get on my level.

That's a safety requirement in America. It can't be that harmful.

left leg or knee touching side of door or inside speaker.

>pull handbrake, put gear into 1st
>turn off car
OCD sets in
>with my finger, count the first five gears on the gearshift by bouncing my fingers on the numbers
>count along out loud
it's a six speed too
>do this three times
>pull on the handbrake again three times
>count out loud
>get out of car
>hit the lock button on FOB
>car was already locked but have to count the red light flashes

How do I stop?

therapy

ocd here so i know where you're coming from but jeez thats out there

Speeding

Google it

I do this every single time.

if you shake it more than three times

then you're just playing with yourself

When I leave my place:
>insert my key, turn and lock my front door, remove key
>firmly jiggle the lock five times (and count)
>pull the key out, and reinsert it and turn to make sure the lock cylinder is still in the lock position, pull the key out
>firmly jiggle the lock five times (and count)
>leave, but not really sure if my door is locked
>have to walk to my car, trying to remember if I'm sure that I *really* locked my door
>if I'm not sure, I drive back and check that my front door is really locked

Lol worst i get is flicking the light switch a bunch of times to check i turned it off properly

I believe that would make you a ricer as well. Welcome to their club.

rev matching with a loud exhaust
i know i'm an annoying boiracer but i really want to preserve the clutch

Did this today on a curvy highway on-ramp.

>Look inside to make sure red light is blinking after locking car
>Look back a few times while walking away to admire car
>Temperature knob must be either all hot, all cold, or pointing straight up (halfway)

Nah, I belong to the stupid redneck club.
400whp Z71 Tahoe.

>lean slightly to the left to check my left hand mirror
I've re-adjusted it so that I don't need to, but I just can't stop doing it.
>Turning my cruise control off rather than cancelling the current speed
The off button is in a much more convenient location

>not making beats with the turn signal clicks

i do this constantly and not just come close i usually clip it like they do in the v8 supercars and its fucked my suspension.

It wears slightly on your thrust bearing, not a whole lot, but the heavier the clutch the more damage it does.

while at a light see how slowly I can move forward. Letting off the brakes ever so slightly as to get some good groaning noises

I do this with any customers car that has squeaky brakes. Nothing is as satisfying as hitting that ear piercing note

I meant rev matching without braking. Clearly.

"Just rev matching"

Stick wiggling looks like you're jerking off the car

I always park rear first and i make sure the car is correctly distanced and parallel to the lines/curbs.

>drive long distances
>don't use cruise control

I just can't bring myself to ever actually use it.

>whats a long distance
300-600 miles.

2000 Honda here, you have to have the clutch in to start the car.
Won't do shit till you push it all the way in.

yeah i do this and i know everyone hates me but i honestly cant help it at this point

sequentially downshift without actually putting it in gear until I reach the one I want.

so
>downshift 5,4,3,2
>let clutch out at 2

it's dumb as fuck and idk why i do it but here i am

I do it too, comes after a couple of stalls when I learnt to drive and parked the car but left it in gear.

Other habits..
>try door after locking to double check it is locked
>fold in mirrors absolutely everywhere except on my own drive
>volume cannot fall on odd numbers unless factor of 5
>go into neutral and coast for massive lengths to try see if I can beat certain distances without getting beeped
>if the clutch goes in for longer than 2s I must go into neutral first before going into another gear

This

Me too m8

>when parking i have to turn the wheel almost 90 degrees to the right for the steering lock to Work

I drive a shitroen c1 and i have the same problem, what car do you drive?

Why? Dunno.

I also give my bike a boot full of revs when idle, or starting.

Think that's a 2 stroke habit.

I make a point to get my bike to an oil change interval before I put it away for the winter.
>November 24 and at 14823 miles on the OD
>oil change due at 15k
Guess I need to ride 177 miles in 36° weather this weekend.

I know changing it early won't hurt, but I like it to be AT the intervals.

Also, wife wants to ride bikes, has inner ear problems so wants a trike, but I don't want that faggotry in my house. What do I do?

>get in the car, it's in the 1st gear
>clutch in, start it
>put it in neutral, put it back into first
>start driving
I guess I'm just autistic

you double clutching or what ?

I do the same, no reason to wear out the throwout bearing while the car warms up.

Keybangers.

I engine brake downshift and rev-match down to 2nd and then stop. Engine braking in my TDI is pretty strong, i almost don't even have to use brakes.

Also rev-matching feels breddy good.

I hate ricers every single time I go to deliver tacos in my dads 93 Corolla there's always a fags in Hondas trying to pass me but they never do. I'm just trying to deliver some tacos man so my dad can shut up and let me sleep.

great value takumi

I have been called that and tacomi by a friends cousin whatever that means.

>just coast down in your current gear, push in the clutch when you're at low rpms, and shift into 1st as you roll to a stop?

I do this. Engine braking in my car is very nearly non-existent, so it doesn't really make sense to run down through the gears.

>thinking cars only have one brake pedal
Busrider spotted

I keep playing this game called "can I pick my nose and flick it out the window before I have to shift gears?"

Tacomi Fujisanchez lmao

Get her something with a side car, even if there is nobody in it it'll still look cooler than a fucking trike.

hyundai coupe. i think it's broken, but it does make the outside observer possibly think of me as a retard

I do this in a small town, my friend's are the only ones that understand race lines

Saw a po-po trike recently... It didn't look that bad... The again all the extra police accessories helped, haha.