Eve Online General /eog/

Johnny Meme is still banned edition

Permalink: orph.link/eog

>Can I make enough ISK to PLEX?
Yes of course!

>I just started, what should I do?
Get a referral from someone to get free SP, beg for it here if you have.
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.
No, really. Find a corp.
You don't want to be that guy.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy
Focus Group Logs: focusgrouplogs.tech.ccp.is/

Future:
??

Past:
>Nov 25: Eve Down Under
>Nov 15: Alpha clones, Engineering Complexes, reworked boosters
>Sep 27: Coronation of Catiz I
>Sep 13: Mining barge overhaul, some new frigate models, capital module balance pass
>Sep 12: CSM 11 first summit
>Aug 13: [SoundCloud] WH CSM Townhall 13AUG2016 by OrangeEagle
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, dmg/rep visuals, clouds performance boost, cargo notifications
>Jul 26: AT prizes announced (blood raider variations)
>Jul 23: Goons move to Delve, SMA closes
>Jul 19: Broski joins then kills QFC
>Jul 18: Billboards submissions open
>Jul 07: AT rule changes: 10 players, no cap-xfer, no CDs, blood raider ships encouraged
>Jun 29: "Shadow of the Serpent" event began, serp capitals introduced
>Jun 28: Citadel trading, overlay vectors, new implants, drugs legal, NSA nerfs, triage/seige/bastion now ECM immune, mass fitting
>Jun 23: RIP SP dailies
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

Referral link for new players, 250k SP when signing up : secure.eveonline.com/signup/?invc=00afb31b-8d13-4819-8069-f020834a520c&action=buddy

Other urls found in this thread:

zkillboard.com/kill/57964623/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Holes tell you if they are dying
inb4 it leads to a corps home, and they kill it while you're 2-3 holes deeper

Post some ancient screenshots.

Then join a real corp

ps we are recruiting

So what's this big fight that's supposedly happening on the 10th?

I miss pixel poses.

(sorry it's not that old)

Not the most knowledgeable about it, but there's a big-ass Citadel in M-0E88 owned by Co2, and being attacked by TEST.

Seems like TEST is slated to win, having already beaten the first few stages of the Keepstar. This is the final one, so several hundred billion ISK worth of Citadel should be blowing up some time after 18:43 on the 10th.

There's a Keepstar in M-O, owned by CO2. TEST is helping them try to keep it, though they've basically lost all of Tribute to NC. and Pandemic Legion. It was a clusterfuck of 4400 people that almost crashed the node on Sunday, and that was just the Armor reinforcement timer. It's guessed that it will be even bigger for the actual kill, if it generates. (Last killmail for a Keepstar didn't generate because of spagetticode with the XML killmail generation.)

Hopefully the node gets reinforced stronger this time, so the fight actually happens without 1% TiDi.

Are these battles even fun to participate in? All the videos I've seen so far were slideshows with everything happening at 5% of normal speed

No.

They aren't. It's why we have the Entosis Link system for sov battles now, so it spreads people across 3-4 nodes instead of dog-piling people all into one system. But here we are, 4400 people in a system fighting over a structure. Again.

>All the videos I've seen so far were slideshows with everything happening at 5% of normal speed
The battle actually happened at slideshow speed. It's "time dilation", the server reduces tic rate to keep up with the load.
It's not exactly lag, but it's essentially lag.

An interesting consequence of this, is that it's much easier to call in reinforcements than it is to retreat. or to die, for that matter.
So really awful time dilation generally gets WORSE as more and more people flood in.

Is the Raven a good choice for L4's?

I'm just looking for something reliable, bonus points if its cap stable. Only thing I don't want is a drone-boat.

When you are at max tidi, and you clearly are losing, it's easier to just log off and play alts. Either you wind up in your clone pod or are still in space with your ship when you check back after downtime.

>everyone in the game hates on miners

>join a null mining corp

>spend this afternoon reading gardening books and making a comfy 200 mil mining semi-afk
>plan to spend tomorrow jumping to my highsec clone and doing industry/PI to multiply today's earnings
>still another 2 gardening books to read

Fuck, I love mining, I reccomend it to anyone who plays Eve online for all round comfort.

Most people who aren't autistic don't really hate on miners, they just hate on mining because its boring
If its not boring to you then whatever.

Miners are the backbone of the entire game, especially when they changed how mission loot drops and how it refines. Keepstars require a shitload of materials to build, and a shitload of capitals to either take down or to protect. These things don't grow on trees, and you can't buy them from NPC's, or at least not for a relatively cheap price.

So combat pilots need ships, and ships come from industrialists. However the industrialists need materials to manufacture these ships, of which comes from the rocks in space. If shit didn't explode, people wouldn't have anything to build, and if people didn't build anything there'd be no need for minerals, and there would be no need for miners.

Trit makes the world go 'round.

Ahhh the ramblings of the ignorant

what corp?

Not him, but from what I remember only 50% of all materials come from salvage / reprocessing. I'd hate to see what would become of the economy if every miner suddenly decided to stop gathering ore.

That will never happen. If anything, the revamped rorq makes mining too profitable, it should be heavily nerfed.

I'm going to spitball a guess and believe that the exhumer drones will be knocked down slightly. 8800 m3/min is absurd.

>tfw my 4 first ever production runs are finished

I'm so excited

zkillboard.com/kill/57964623/

travel time

>flying a 1bil fit tech 2 ship
>can't even fit T2 launchers

That's including travel time. What that figure doesn't take into account is that not everybody has korean-grade micromanagement skills.

>That's including travel time.
wat

If the calculations on reddit from the Sisi numbers are correct, disregarding travel time the Excavator drones with a T1 Industrial Core should be pulling in just under 1.5 million m3 per hour, or 24.8k m3/min. 8,800 m3/min is reasonable for a Rorqual in actual practice, but since not everybody has weapons-grade autism or korean-grade micromanagement, the excavator drones might be sitting idle since they need to be re-targeted to a new rock when theirs runs dry.

how on earth are you calculating how far a rock is away from the rorq

This game would me 20 times better if there was no local in null

How else would you taunt the local ruskie gatecampers?

t. fag who can't hunt

t. scared nullbear

Is there some chart that shows how far away from a gate will a ship spawn?
Does it depends on mass or that is only for WHs?

I'm not. But if the numbers imply ~24k m3 every cycle, 8800/min would mean it would take roughly a minute to go to the rock, a minute to mine it, and a minute to return.

Though looking at the numbers a bit more properly, a Hulk getting boosts from an T2IC Rorqual puts it at 258k m3/hr, or around 4300 m3/min. I think the best adjustment would be to push the Industrial Core's bonuses down, as a Rorqual that doesn't have the IC deployed gets ~297k m3/hr if fitted and rigged for drones.

Moving the Rorqual's Mining Drone boost down from +400%/+500% for T1/T2 to +200%/+300% would reduce the output of the Rorqual without just being an overall nerf to the excavator drones, as they seem in line with the exhumers as the bigger step up.

So its double a hulk by your math

what the issue

it costs 12 bil

what's the difference when nobody shows up in the local chat unless they talk?

>neut 20 jumps out dock up guys

How much can I do on/how restrictive is a F2P account? I would like something comfy to play while at work and if I like it enough I'll stick with it.

How similar to the X series, Elite: Dangerous, Freespace, etc is this?

>nobody docks anyway

Very restrictive
Maybe
Not at all

>How much can I do on/how restrictive is a F2P account?

The biggest restriction with the f2p model is the fact that you can't cross train, so if your character is an Amarr you're restricted to amarr ships etc.

There's a referral link in the OP so it can't hurt to try it out, game isn't very big in terms of file size.

I suppose. Though there needs to be a bigger boost from the Porpoise to the Orca, as on paper it doesn't seem to be that big of an upscale.

Alpha clones are restricted to T1 Frigates, Destroyers, and Cruisers of your chosen race, along with T1 industrial ships and the Venture (T1 ORE Frigate). Your skills are also gimped to disallow use of many T2 modules, no PI, and very little use of the market. Though it's still enough to actually do things in.

>going back to highsec through null
>45 jumps through jap gatecamps

Wake me up inside

time to use those wormholes

With my luck, it will be right into a touchy semi-alliance wh corp who will wardec us again.

Wormholes or gatecampers, pick your poison.

Become one with the holes.

Channel their power.

>stuck in a mining corp that does nothing

I want to leave but everyone is so nice and polite

pvp corps are nice too

ded game

ded thread

watchu looking at?

>travel 40 jumps
>bubbled, killed by jap

>travel 44 jumps
>stealthy t2 thrasher uncloaks and blaps me after dropping a bubble as I come out of warp

>travel 52 jumps
>server shuts down
>right on the lowsec edge of The Forge

I am really loving all of this content.

>>stealthy t2 thrasher uncloaks and blaps me after dropping a bubble as I come out of warp
>on gird for 25 seconds

>not even uncloaked
>he drops a bubble and uncloaks

I don't know if I was just unlucky as fuck and warped into him setting up a gatecamp, but I damn near called hacks.

>stealthy t2 thrasher

He had a cloak on whatever the t2 thrasher variant is called, I'm a miner, I don't bother learning the names when I spend my whole time out in null only flying shitfits and getting oneshotted in pvp.

>he doesn't remember all ship names
Unacceptable

plsnobully, the nips and ruskies have done enough

>FC, I got killed by a pirate drone moa

its fucking gay

>VIP mode

What the fuck

might want to consider not being an absolute shitter

you wouldn't need to whine to all these neets here and actually be satisfied with your gameplay for once

This thing is garbage no matter what.

>ham
>rage
>tp
>armor
>no resists
worse caracal but this fit makes it look like vomit

oops i accidentaly DC1

Navy Bellicose with 50% web range role bonus when

>tackle range kite cancer

stop

>web is kiting
FW pls go

I know you don't want it for honourable dual prop brawling with hams

They got rid of having to buy a clone on death and they added EFT into the game. Holy shit, this immediately made me want to play. If I get a few friends to play is it worth getting on my old character with 20 mil skill points or should I start a fresh account with them?

Old character, for sure. 20mil is over a years worth of training, would be a shame to just throw it away.

>They got rid of having to buy a clone on death

that was ages ago

Does it cheapen my friends experience? Me being able to fly those kinds of ships?

Pandemic Horde + Pandemic Legion + NC. + bunch of their friends (collectively known as Panfam) were fighting CO2 + TEST for a while. Couple weeks ago Panfam destroyed something important (I think it was ihub) in CO2's system, CO2 gave up and decided to leave this region, but they have this keepstar they cannot move. Panfam decided to destroy this keepstar. It's been reinforced twice now, on 10th it's gonna be the final battle for it. CO2 is unlikely to defend it, so everyone wants to see the first onlined, fully operational keepstar destroyed.

>it's the industry window stops responding episode

Just fly whatever your friends are flying

the only thing that could cheapen it is if you gave them ISK and they just rushed headfirst into cruisers / BC's or whatever. At least I feel like working and earning something in an MMO is a large part of it

>unlikely to defend it
>first onlined, fully operational undefended keepstar

so this still isn't the real deal then

Why bother defending something if the owners have already left it out to rot?

Easy to say while banned, bud.

It won't ever be because PL exists.

Wanted to tell you that Rattlesnake is reliable, can be cap stable and generally easy mode, but then you said you don't want drone boats.

the only way PL can not be faggots is if they go fight goons. they're such a shitty alliance, anyone who joins them is terrible

The reason I don't like drone boats is because they keep dying on me, like I'll zoom past the rats, get them all to start attacking me and burn just slightly out of their effective range before I send in the drones, and the fuckers still target them.

Otherwise I'd just get a Dominix or something

rattlesnake drones have about a million hp, and they don't draw much aggression because the rattlesnake itself does damage as well

I hate this

I wouldn't say that it is really undefended, some of 4000 people were trying to defend it, but they didn't try hard, most because of this

What did he mean by this?

johny pls

That's what I did when I played back in the day. I bought a bunch of PLEXs, trained to a Brutix and had no value for ISK, worst decision of my life.

Same, granted I only bought and sold 1 Plex, but it still cheapened the entire experience. Knowing that you can completely skip the ISK grind and not have to put any effort into it just takes the fun out of it.

Here's a real oldie.

Do you guys think spending plex on the multiple (I will assume it goes for all 3 slots, even CCP cant be that jewish) training is worth it? Id like to create 2 PI alts, make one into trading alt and the other into hauler. The month would be enough to get going....

I thought PI was > tier

when you get yellowboxed you launc them