Thoughts on the Honda CRX? There's a HF version in my area. Will I be ridiculed for not having the fast one?

Thoughts on the Honda CRX? There's a HF version in my area. Will I be ridiculed for not having the fast one?

Yes, and you'll be laughed at more if its been riced out.

To a normie they are all CRXs sanpai

No rice at all, completely stock

>crx
>fast
Pick one.

Nobody cares about version if you swap a K24 in that bad boy.

D O I T O P
O

I
T

O
P

there was one near me a few months back for 2000nzd, car was mechanically sound but the womens edgy son, kicked in the center console so all the plastics and radio was broken to shit.

>K24

A b18 swap is cheaper, then drop in a used hx35 turbo with an ebay cast manifold, supporting fuel mods, tune to around 12 psi on a chipped p28 ecu running crome for a reliable 350hp.

It's also 2000 USD and meant to be a semi project car. Only other CRX I've seen around me was 10,000 for an SI. Should I?

You're right, I stand corrected. B18 and B16 engines are great, the K24 is on the top of my head because a friend of mine owns one and it's bretty good.

If it's that cheap and unmolested, I'll say it again:

D O I T O P
O
I
T
O
P

Shit there's an SI for 1700.
I should probably be worried about that shouldn't I? It's salvage which I don't really care about, 266k miles, and a broken door handle

And a b18 swap. Is this too good to be true?

>Crx HF

the lightest of the bunch and throw in an engine swap with turbo and your golden

I like the crx but this is true

Is swift better?

depends

if early 90s ones with the 1.3 16 v turbo will rip your wig from your skull

if same years but 1.5, expect a small moderately powerful and economical-if-not-pushed-hard kind of econobox

Buy that shit.
You are just gonna replace it with a 50$ amazon radio so you can play eurobeat over bluetooth.

wtf there was a turbo variant?

Swift GTi owner here.

The 1.3 16v G13b engine never came turbo from the factory. The OHV engines in other Swift variants are just econobox engines. Aftermarket is tough though.

Now. the G13b is quite punchy for a 1300cc engine. 100hp, good torque and a redline above 7500 without the unnecessary complexities of VTAK. The engine is light as fuck and easy to work on, it also takes boost like a champ. Now, if you turbocharge a Suzuki Swift, like mine, it will inded rip your wig from your skull. It's brutally quick thanks to a great power to weight ratio. Nothing comes close for the money.

I can't say if it's better than a CRX because CRXs were never sold here but it is better than an EG Civic. It's much lighter (around 100kg), for starters. And Swifts have been used for decades here in touring car races and they haul absolute ass.

I am a Burger so idk

we got the swift as the geo metro

It's character building. You might learn how to handle the banter and stop being such a pussy.

I meant is the adjective swift better than fast

R O L L I N G
O
L
L
I
N
G

C O F F I N
O
F
F
I
N

I didn't think it rolled easily but I do know it crumpled like a piece of paper

no, the HF is actually fairly desirable because it is the lightest of all CRXs and hondas are like legos so you can just GSR swap or whatever and have a car lighter and more powerful than a stock Si

Get it and preserve it stock.
In a few-ty years someone will come up to you, shake your hand and call you a true american hero

It's a good starting point because it follow the Colin Chapman school of performance.

That said, I remember the HF. It actually got remarkably goof fuel economy if you don't fuck with it.

coffin on wheels

The HF is the fastest when it's swapped. Specifically the 88 HF. They've also got the most sought after front sway bar.