Will land yachts ever come back?

Will land yachts ever come back?

wat

>surely what op meant, right?

I mean the cabin being small compared to the rest of the car like the Continental, not taking up the whole space like the maybach

but thats stupid so probably not

Theyve simply taken on a new form.

Long hood profiles are a thing of the past. Honestly it added unnecessary length while not adding anything tp the cabin where the driver is. This mostly changed in the 80's when engines for smaller and engineering better. Cadillac interiors got bigger even though the outside dimensions were much smaller.

What if a small engine was combined with some cargo space under a large hood?

That's generally considered a poor person route for cargo space.

But long hood, short deck designs were the most aesthetic.

I wish they would.

And there's clearly a market for them considering how many Panthers and G Buicks I see on the road since gas prices collapsed. I mean im pretty sure the majority of people dont buy them for their excellent fuel economy and small easy to park size.

I know I bought mine because I wanted a V8 landbarge, and a 2003 Grand Marquis is pretty much the best bet since panthers were the last true American landbarges.

Ford could have continued making them, but they didn't.

honestly there were a lot of ideas and concepts that Ford passed up on throughout the entirety of the 00's. There's this, the Bronco concept, the Interceptor concept, the list goes on really.

But I like to think landyachts will make a comeback eventually. All it would honestly mean is returning to the 3 box design philosophy, as most cars today try to integrate the trunk into the cabin for that coupe look.

Yes my doors are as long as a motorcycle but i love it all the same

Wouldnt a 300 be considered one?
>larger than most sedans
>boxy (by todays standards)
>large V8 (if you arent a cuck)
>not particularly agile, but comfy

>dat get
challenger best modern bote in my mind

>talking about land yachts.
>posts inferior 60's 2 door hardtop continental instead of glorious 60's suicide door continental convertible.

I have a 1963 Continental and have driven the new Charger and 300 extensively. I enjoy driving the chryslers (think the Charger in particular gets a bad rap around here), but they really are nothing like the Lincoln.

It's like driving around on a couch in a small living room that is resting on a cloud. Sort of the antithesis of driving a lotus elan or MX5.

Maybach does some pretty big 2 doors too, as does literally every luxury car maker

shit this is disgusting

My fave. Those lines. Hnngggggggg

This, and as pig fat as electrics like Tesla are you'll see more of them

better than the American barges looks like someone actually knows what proportions are

well i dissagre with you american barges are way better and I love them

well youre entitled to that opinion good sir

That trunk gives me a boner

FORD PANTHER FOREVER

ALSO Muh RAUDER

I love land yachts but they can't be from ford motor or else they're shit and i dont want it

These aren't landyachts though, just downsized fullsize

But they did.

too expensive
also don't handle like a boat

i got you senpai

>also don't handle like a boat

Is this supposed to be a bad thing?

still bigger than most average cars on the road today though.

Funny how that works. back in their day, the Panther platform was a downsize. Aerovics are fairly small. But they eventually got bigger with the second gen, and well, they are still the last examples of American landyachts, even if they are smaller than their predecessors.

And my Mercury Grand Marquis is still the longest car in the parking lot when I go to work. the trunk space and access is unreal too, compared to modern cars.

Honestly for landyachts of the 60's-70's variety to make a comeback, we'd need to see an unparalleled economic boom. When America is in good spirits and doing well, American cars tend to get a little crazy.

otherwise the best we can hope for is downsized fullsize landachts in the vein of the Panther family or 3rd/4th gen Caprices

I hope so

That might have something to do with the fact that they weren't made in the 60's or 70's, in fact almost all modern cars weren't and as such tend to be less boxy, go faster and handle better. But big luxurious coupes are still very much a thing

some people like the awful American barge feeling

yeah and it's not awful

it is to me

all the Cadillacs and Buicks Ive been in arent even comfortable theyre so soft and wallowy

then sir you are entiteld to your opinion

Even the fucking golf is a pigyacht now.