/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #450

''Chloe Price eating Rice'' Edition

Previous Thread:
Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11107672
strawpoll.me/11190596
strawpoll.me/11239475
strawpoll.me/11273878
strawpoll.me/11269929
strawpoll.me/11332383
strawpoll.me/11332384
strawpoll.me/11407677
strawpoll.me/11645517
strawpoll.me/11645519
strawpoll.me/11794775 (New)
strawpoll.me/11794798 (New)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cute!

BFFs, Pirates, Partners in Time & Crime & In Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Max is #1

Go to sleep, Chloe.

Lisa is #1

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

>friendly reminder that turning off your game is the confirmed canon ending

>reminder to ignore LNA tripfag and don't bring his cancerous argument into this thread

Please don't waste images on unrelated stuff again.

I may understand the reaction pics, but wtf are these blog-shitting?

I wish Chloe was real.

I wish Max was real.

Molli is #1

Didn't you read

What the hell, I had the file selected.

I wish I was Max.

>''Max is the best video game protagonist ever!''
>She really isn't.
>I would argue that a character that [undefined] could never be the best video game protagonist.
>Kissing warren option's existence implies that we can shape her character since she's undefined and change her personality
after showed your true colours I want you to fuck off.
or just shut up at least

Chill. It's one argument. I'm also disappointed he'd make such a decided argument against people saying Max is the best protagonist, but I'm quite sure even he does like her very much and knows kissing Warren doesn't mean she is suddenly into him.

Max a best.

>knows kissing Warren doesn't mean she is suddenly into him.
i don't care if he knows it or not.
the truth is it isn't.

>to (you)

Please stop fighting, everyone.

I stopped browsing that LiS sub on plebbit when they said that Warren is ''valid'' romance option like Chloe. Are they really that delusioned?

I on the other hand am so very glad they are not. They live in their world now, through-and-through. Making it ever-so-adorkably theirs.

Reality takes more away from that than it adds to it. For me anyway. Which is all that matters for my perspective, of course - obviously since they do not exist, they do not care that they don't. But I do. And I find great comfort in the fact that they are truly untouchably them. Incorruptably. What is, is. And I can choose what to believe and embrace about it and any possible views or thoughts on it. Nobody can take that away from them or me. Not even they themselves. Reality doesn't have that luxury.

It doesn't have anything to do with you Alice.

My problem is this retard

Intredasting!

(Lacks tattoo though.)

>Max isn't best video game protagonist protag because she is undefined character,her feelings are ambigious
> I still think I'm right
who is he and what has he done to that user?

>daily reminder that it's confirmed that the blue butterfly is storm summoner (the harbinger of disaster) This means, it became clear that storm's still coming in Bay ending

why didn't Max just step on the butterfly?

Poor bunsen bunsausage.

Welcome back user

I want Chloe and Max to make love while Jefferson photographs them.

*canonical piece of evidence flying about*

LNA I don't know why anons have decided to give you such shit for saying perfectly valid things, but I still appreciate you and your presence in the general.

>I don't know why anons have decided to give you such shit

He said that Max isn't the best video game protag because she is an undefined character for some retarded reasons (ironically this doesn't mean ''she is an rpg character'' to him) and called people as they don't want to accept his opinions because he is right and people don't want to accept with him.

Read the previous thread if you wanna see more.

>for saying perfectly valid things
so are you agreeing with Max is just a fucking blank-slate character?

yes

prove it?

I have a gut feeling that you are most likely samefagging right now.

prove it?

they can't because Max isn't an empty character.
even if you can influence her, she tells her feelings,how she feel about after their consequences afterwards.

prove it?

prove it?

Hahaha you're so funny you retard.

this's only me

prove it?

>Max is an undefined character

no u

prove it?

Messing with Max was Late Night Faggot's last mistake.

>all of these aspies

I'm agreeing to a certain extent. Max is purposefully written to be significantly less defined than a protagonist normally is, in order to be more easily self inserted into. Who is she, really?
Almost every aspect of her personality is dichotomous. She's shy, yet she easily approaches people. She's attracted to girls or boys or both depending on how you interpret it. She loves Chloe as a friend, or she's in love with her. She puts up with her nerdy friend Warren, or she has a crush on him.
She'd do anything to stand up for her friends, unless she's too scared to jeopardise her scholarship, or the 'price' is too great.
Does she give a shit about the minor characters, or is she only focused on Chloe?
Would she try her best to seek the least harmful solution to a problem, or the first solution that works, or the one that she thinks benefits her the most?
How much of this is because she's still a teenager settling in to her personality and morality, and how much is just Max being an avatar for the player?

>slowly killing /lisg/ by calling regular anons faggots until they leave

prove it?

I haven't been around much lately but I think it's just shitposting to try to kill the thread.

If you're serious, angry user, many of us have our own differences and opinions even if we all agree that Warren is a =kek. Let the poor late night user be.

>miss around 10 generals because life was busy
>finally back in /lisg/
>it's a warzone

what did i miss?

Nothing.

Nothing.Some tripfag stated that Max is an blank-slate character and people giving him so much attention for it as result.

> She loves Chloe as a friend, or she's in love with her.
>. She puts up with her nerdy friend Warren,
> or she has a crush on him.
user do you even hear what are you saying?
Seriously did all /lesg anons go and only plebs came here instead?

>inb4 people here are taking ''Max's whatever you want her to be'' bullshit.
nightmares are came true man.

I'm certainly not taking it but I believe you're overreacting.

>She's shy, yet she easily approaches people.
Thanks to her power, she overcomes her shyness in parts. Especially in the beginning this does not come easy to her and she gets herself told off numerous times and without her power would have retreated and not tried again.

>She's attracted to girls or boys or both depending on how you interpret it.
Is not really meaningful part of her personality. And while it could arguably be interpreted differently (the nightmare is pretty obvious...), it cannot be "picked".

>She loves Chloe as a friend, or she's in love with her.
She's always in love with Chloe. She writes as much herself, or at most wondering whether she is.

>>She puts up with her nerdy friend Warren, or she has a crush on him.
She never has a crush on him. Even if you pick everything pro-Warren, she says he's a geek brother, "Ew." at the thought of him being into her, doesn't like the prospect of him making a move on her and so on. And I would still argue this doesn't say anything meaningful about her personality even if she did.

>She'd do anything to stand up for her friends, unless she's too scared to jeopardise her scholarship, or the 'price' is too great.
So, to have a personality you have to be extremely one-sided in all you do? She cares about others, that's her personality. There are situations where she can be made not to stand up for it, but she rationalizes them without saying "I don't care" or "they are not worth it".

>Does she give a shit about the minor characters, or is she only focused on Chloe?
She gives a shit about most of everyone. She doesn't love everyone. I don't know where this distinction is important for her personality.

>Would she try her best to seek the least harmful solution to a problem...
Whichever it is she chooses, it is important most of all how she rationalizes it emotionally and intellectually, reacts to and reflects on it. How she goes about making those decisions in those moments.

>How much of this is because she's still a teenager settling in to her personality and morality, and how much is just Max being an avatar for the player?
Much of it does play into her being at a formative phase - narratively, characterally and even in terms of the genre of coming-of-age. Deciding how she deals with sides of herself, which sides of her she embraces, which are developed more. And yes, in parts and at times it is also so the player can affect this development.

But the argument was about whether she is defined enough to be a distcint personality, and that's very much the case, throughout all possible playthroughs. If she wasn't, we wouldn't be here, as many people wouldn't like her. Of course she has a distinctly defined enough personality and characterization that she does not become a completely different person with different choices. And as I've argued earlier, even if that was the case, so what? That would only mean she is a potentially more undefined character - the actuality of each and every playthrough would still result in a well-developed and defined character. Which, with regards to what the argument started on to begin with, means you can very much find her to be the best protagonist. Just because someone else sees her differently (and even if they could, depending on their playthrough, see her completely differently) does not mean she loses that quality.

I don't appreciate broken-english user's overly confrontative and sometimes downright insulting attitude either. But the discussion was a perfectly relevant one to have. And yes, if you tell /lisg/ they are "wrong" for considering Max to be the best protagonist, you better prepare for a slightly contentious tone in that discussion. Especially if ridiculous things are brought up such as "she's a completely different person, does not love Chloe, her personalization is weak, romances Warren" etc. - that's excactly the type of RPG nonsense /lisg/ never accepted.

>She's attracted to girls or boys or both depending on how you interpret it
She may call skater boys as cute but what do you mean by 'girls' or 'boys' and attraction towards them? That's not the point.It's not about genders at this point.I mean do you make her into every girl or every boy? The only character that she showed real attraction,love was Chloe.
But if you interpret calling someone ''Ew, I hope he doesn't make a move on me, I may have little fun of with him by leaving this cute message...'' as attraction then sure.

>She loves Chloe as a friend, or she's in love with her.
Nope.Sure you can create a Max which's oblivious about her feelings about Chloe and she ends up realize she is subconsciously into her. Or you can create a Max which has been realize of her feelings from start and becomes more realize about her feelings after dream sequence.

if you don't kiss her she says: I'm seeing her as family but I was surprised that her actions in nightmare made physical pain in my heart.What if that's friendship or love''

if you kissed her she says: ''She's surely more than my bff and I didn't regret kissing her.I was surprised that her actions in nightmare made physical pain in my heart.What if it that's friendship or love''

>She puts up with her nerdy friend Warren, or she has a crush on him.
Kek.Literally where she talked certain about she has a crush on Warren? And if you have a crush on someone would you bring up 'L' word for someonelse rather than
him?

>Does she give a shit about the minor characters, or is she only focused on Chloe?
She cares about people not that she is a bad person but in the end said herself ''Chloe is her number one priority''
Do I need to tell you something more?

> Who is she, really?
Well I've got a best answer for it
Your mom probably

Reddit's went down for emergency maintenance I assume.

>came to /lisg/ to read comfy posts and collect art
>instead a big obsolete fight is happening, no comfy posts seen
why

can anybody tell me here then why the hell developers bringing up ''character growth'' when it comes to defend endings, if she isn't defined character and completely connected with player?

>that's excactly the type of RPG nonsense ---/lisg/---- never accepted.
wrong.you don't have to be part of /lisg/ to find it nonsense.

if you played the game then you should've seen what was going on and protag has her own feelings.

but if you still think that this protag isn't undefined and she's players' clone, than this is an shitty rpg.

>mfw there are people here who think Max can have a crush on Warryn

>She's attracted to girls or boys or both depending on how you interpret it. She loves Chloe as a friend, or she's in love with her. She puts up with her nerdy friend Warren, or she has a crush on him

>implying she can make harem in-game
>implying she only loves Chloe as friend: the girl whom she called beautiful,regretted that not kissing her and said love word afterwards
>implying she has a crush on Warren: the boy whom she never said love word and completely forget about it after seeing blue chick

>in entire game she dedicated her life,whole time to save Chloe's life and make her life better regardless whom she hurts in process
>at the end of game she even stated that she is her #1 priority

If anyone here who thinks she is utterly undefined then I bet you also didn't get the endings' point and thinking ''Saving Town ending is also there because you can create a Max who cares about other people more than Chloe''

Well, at least this ''war'' is keeping /lisg/ alive.

Maybe you can comfypost and contribute art for a change?

/lisg/ is fortunately also still for discussion, and I for one won't let "Max is undefined and pretty much what you choose her to be, you can completely change who she is; you are wrong if you consider her to be the best protagonist" stand uncontested.

I agreed with LNA's original sentiment in that she is less rigidly defined a personality than other protags, some of them certainly also in video games. I disagreed that this has anything to do with whether people are "wrong" to find her to be the best protagonist. Wrong in three respects:
1. While her protrayal in the context of the narrative is more malleable than that of ther protags, she is absolutely defined enough that there's a distinct personality there - she doesn't become a completely different person depending on your choices. There is "Max" in any and all playthroughs of LiS; she is very much recognizable as a coherent person. She is not without personality and mostly determined by player choice. Not a RPG character. There is a linear, distinct narrative in which much of the choices we don't even have any influence on - we mostly guide her through the path she takes.
2. Even if she was very undefined, people could still prefer that quality in protags for one reason or another, and consider more loosely-defined personalities to be "better" in some respect. And be it for self-insertion purposes.
3. Even if different choices would lead to very different Maxes, those playthroughs would still respectively result in a well-developed and so-and-so-defined Max. Max as a player character entity would be "undefined" - the actual, narrative elaboration on that entity would however present the player with a distinct protagonist. I guess we'd then have to make the distinction that "this iteration of Max is the best protag ever!", but again, it's just not the case that she becomes significantly different a person between playthroughs.

Other people can have protags they consider to be better than Max. Obviously. I've myself confronted too many remarkable works of fiction and their characters to sit here and say Max is "the best protagonist ever" - thus I make the distinction that she's the best video game protagonist I know, and that she stands on top for me in the respect that she's grown dear to me and impacted me uniquely and lastingly more than any other video game character ever has. She's closest to my heart, I care more about her than any other character I've ever played. Was and am more invested in her fate, in the prolonging of her being a thing in my life through, above all, these threads.

If anything, the best place this discussion could lead to is that people share with us which protags they care more about than Max, which ones have grown closer to their hearts, or which ones are more refreshingly unique and authentic or feel as personal and alive as I (and plenty other people) think Max does. I would love to give those games a whirl! Alas, when someone asks whether there are any other characters or games that have had an impact on them even only similarly to how LiS and Max and Chloe did, the answer is almost always a resounding "No".

I'd prefer /lisg/'s being quite,peaceful rather than making same old non sense arguments like plebbittors ''Max can have a crush on Warren, Max's different every each person's playthrough,is she really giving a shit about Chloe well we just don't know...''

Wait wait.So you guys are completely agree with this? >She loves Chloe as a friend
> or she has a crush on him.

>Even if different choices would lead to very different Maxes,
that is where you are mistaken
the point is 'shaping her journey and you can control how'd she react in *that moment*. not that you can control her *feelings* so that doesn't make her undefined.

>in game, imagine you are having discussion with someone whom character finds genuinely annoying
>game gives option to you to 'call him retard' or 'don't call him retard'
>if you call him retard,at first you may feel insecure about it but you may regret from that afterwards
>if you don't call him retard, at first you may want to say that but feel insecure about it, but glad that you didn't say that afterwards.

I for one don't. There's a point to be made there, and both that user and LNA do have a point. A valid one that can be reasonably argued to support the notion that for them, maybe Max is not the best protagonist ever.

But I very much disagree with the unreasonable aspects of that argument. Such as "she cannot be the best; you are wrong to think so" and "she's a completely different person depending on your choices". She's less well-defined than other protags - she is however not "undefined", by any stretch. And you can absolutely find her to be the best protagonist. Millions upon millions of people think Mario, Sonic or Ash Ketchum are the best video game protagonists ever. Not so much personality there, is there now.

You are reading my post wrong. I am presenting that as a hypothetical to argue another point. I am not saying your choices do actually create very different Maxes.

And as other people have stated, you should chill. I appreciate your passion. I do not appreciate your tone. This wouldn't be the first time you have "bullied" someone out of the general, I fear. As much as that sounds like a hugbox idiot thing to say, you know you want to be a huxbox idiot too!

Right now.. problem isn't Max is not being best protag or whatever.But eventually she is main protag of LiS and isn't a blank-slate character.Again, choice based game and their protags shouldn't be confused with other games' protags.You can formalise Max's story,journey but it doesn't mean she is completely empty character and doesn't have her own feelings.
I mean can you show me a playthrough where Max wasn't passionately saving Chloe's life?

Also I kinda annoyed when LNA and this user bring up this nonsense ''hey you can create different Maxes,she can crush on Warren, questioning things like ''does Max care about Chloe or other people'' regardless her feelings.

what are you talking about?
what made you also think that I'm not chill? I was just giving you an example

One less tripfag is hardly a blow to the thread

He is confusing trolls who are doing nothing other than shitposting with people who are mad [yet still talking about the game] because of this RPG nonsense argument

>calling a tripfag as regular
>implying he is worth more than actual regular anons
>implying if he leaves /lisg/ will die
>implying he didn't start this shitstorm

looks like you don't know nothing mang.i'm not with bullyfags, (((prove it))) faggot either and I know everybody has their own opinions.but ironically they are the ones that who are saying '' I still think I'm right but there's clearly no way of convincing you'' ''you don't accept my idea even it's true because you don't like it''

I don't disagree. Max isn't a blank-slate, RPG, undefined, completely-dependent-on-player-choice and so on character.

But she is also not as rigidly defined as, for example, a book protagonist would be - solely by virtue of the latter being an absolute, closed-within-itself fictional entity, whereas Max is open to variation as means of the format of the medium and type of the game narrative (playable character; "choices and consequences"). That variation is in the nuances and I agree that it does not change her personality, let alone completely, or to an extent where you could call her "undefined", and I also agree that much of her personality and narrative characterization is true in any and all playthroughs, but it is still a valid point to make that she is not as clearly definable as "the protagonist" as other protagonists are. Still clearly-defined enough, certainly to an extent where you can like her as a character very much, and at latest respectively in your playthrough very well-defined indeed, but again, they do have a point when they say she has a quality that other protagonists do not necessarily have (making choices for them), and if this quality makes it so they don't consider her to be the best protagonist, so be it.

I was talking about bombarding people with posts, telling them to fuck off and stuff.

With great power comes great bullshit.

Again I am not agree with those anons' when they are saying regardless considering her feelings ''Max is undefined because those choices are there'' , ''it's possible that she even may choose Warren,can have crush on him''

What I was talking about was: she is pretty well defined and certain /obvious about her feelings when it comes to her feelings about Chloe,she is being her number one priority, her certainty about wanting to be with her.

>summary of today's shitstorm
=kek

And I've already agreed: Max's love for Chloe is always romantical - either heavily in undertone (at worst you get her to wonder ~if~ what she's feeling is more than friendship), or outright romantical (she writes "it is more than friendship") -; her relationship with Warren is always friendship - at most you can get her to kiss him goodbye before running into Chloe's arms and disregarding him; in any playthrough, even in those you pick all "pro-Warren" choices, she writes that he's if anything like a brother, does not like his possible advances or his feelings for her. She always blocks him, not responding to his flood of texts, not hugging him, telling him he can't come with them after the Nathan confrontation, always emotionally disregarding him for Chloe. Her nightmare always shows that Warren is worrisome to her as a "romantical" consideration, whereas Chloe is only portrayed as worrisome to her in it insofar she does not like her back, romantically.

So yeah, that's one of the arguments made that does not hold up. Most of the others don't either, but there are some examples where it really is valid to ask "does this make her a different person?". My answer is that it can be contextualized either in-narrative or outside of it, and that there's really nothing there that would make her completely different, that her personality is always distinctly present.

But while that's an interesting thing to talk about, and while it is possible that other people could feel differently to me (for example, as was originally the point, thinking that even only whether or not she signs the petition makes her a significantly different person already), I was above all arguing against the notion that "Max objectively cannot be the best protagonist".

That's the first image in Max's first album about her and Chloe.
The one picture that started it all and that Max gave up to keep it all.

People can have Max go for Warren if they want, though yes the game makes it clear pretty early on that she's not interested unless you choose to make her interested in him.
But people can still choose to go after Warren in the first place.

It looks like Max is about to fieldgoal using that rabbit. But I know she's never do that!
she's just carefully nudging that fluffy bunny away from the edge. They really should put a fence up there.