>It turns green
>Clutch in
>1st gear
>HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNKKKK
>HOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNKKKK
>Are you fucking kidding me?
>Light has been green for all of .5 of a second
>Asshole behind me is laying into the horn like there's no tomorrow

Next time this happens to me, I'm straight up going to stall the car on purpose just to waste the fucker's time.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/cars/comments/2v8nd8/holding_the_clutch_all_the_way_down_at_red_lights/?sort=confidence
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ok

git gud, faggit

I feel you, user. What annoys me the most is that most hornfuckers are slow-ass drivers. They bitch and shout and and highbeam honk and, when they have a clear road ahead, they drive like faggots.

Sometimes they annoy me so much that I purposely turn on parking lights and stop in front of them. When I know they're butthurt I launch slowly and then leave them in a cloud of BRAAAAPAPASTUTUTUTUBRAAAAAAAAAAAAAP.

>see cross light turn red
>clutch in
>rev until bambambam
>green
>dump clutch
>slowly leave faggots in smoke

>slowly leave faggots in smoke
are you saying your car is slow?

Yes

Probably 0 traction because FWD

When that happens it means move your bitch ass people don't have time to waste waiting for you to wipe your pussy and put on your makeup faggot

He forgot to mention the smoke is from a blown head gasket

>I can't look at the other light to see when my light will turn green

fuck dude it's really not hard

Who that in your pic

>not purposefully driving like a grandma if someone is an ass like that
Git gud, user.

>not a clutch burnout

Raiden.

>being at a light in neutral
That's your first mistake. Your transmission should never be in neutral unless you're changing gears.
Downshift as you approach the light, brake to stop, clutch in, shift to first.
Who taught you how to drive, that you coast to a stop and sit at the light in neutral? How did you even pass your driving test like that?

Goodbye clutch bearing

I usually watch the lights at a stop so I'm always ready to go in hopes that one day some idiot runs a red and T-bones my car so I can get a new one.

Never heard about clutch bearings now have you?

I've just started honking back.

>this happens
>just stick hand out the window and flip the bird until I feel like getting out of first

Are you retarded? You'll wear put your clutch bearings doing that. Besides, disengaging the clutch functionally puts you in Neutral, aside from aforementioned wear. Your foot shouldn't touch the clutch pedal unless you're shifting.

>everything I know about cars I learned from an anime forum and have no first hand experience with cars, engineering, or driving
Some day, someone's going to rear end you at a red light, and you're going to just neutral rocket out into the intersection instead of stalling out, and after they pull your mangled remains from the middle of a 6 car pile up, they'll say "it's a shame he died instead of just having a little fender bender, but look, his clutch bearing is in such a good condition"

7/10 b8, will catch most busriders off guard

Just don't go outside, dude. Super safe and you'll never wear anything out!

>being this retarded

If you stall out in your scenario, your tyres will likely skid and you're still gonna end up in the intersection. Which is the same outcome as if you were in neutral and braked when you feel the hit.

Also, you're a pathetic faggot if you fear something that only happens to one person in a hundred million.

Mike "turning fruits into vegetables" Pence

I guess this is bait but I'll reply anyway.

That's why you have your foot on the fucking brake pedal at a stoplight. Brakes are a lot more effective at stoping your car than your transmission. In fact, there's a good chance that if you let the clutch out after getting rear ended, you'll actually end up rolling further in 1st rather than stalling. Please kill yourself

>they don't heel-toe at every light to get going

A lot of this shit can be avoided by just keeping on the brakes, fuck.

what this dude said, basically.

I've never seen so many people say
"Clutch bearing" before.
Seems same faggy to me.

>you'll actually end up rolling further in 1st rather than stalling.
This. People for what ever reason don't understand that cars don't just stall, you don't need active input in a manual for the car to keep from stalling.

>Light has been green for all of .5 of a second
People near me drives like a retard and blow through red lights, so it's pretty much accepted that you wait a second after the light turns green

You might as well mention that running the engine puts stress on the rod bearings and decreases their life. And that driving the car puts stress on the wheel bearings and suspension and decreases their lives. Oh yeah, and using the headlights puts stress on the bulbs and decreases their lives too.

The wear on the pressure plate from holding the clutch in at a stop light is insignificant. It's simply not even worth considering. The same goes for wear on the throw-out bearing. In the real world, it's not worth thinking about.

>At Stoplight
>Light turns green
>Start to move
>Car behind me starts honking her horn
>It's a single lane so there's no getting around me
>Put that fucker in park, turn around, and smile
>mfw
I do this everytime some asshole thinks they own the fucking road and dictate how fast other people should go. Jesus christ, just fucking go earlier if you're in such a rush.

>not driving a straight piped RX7
>not shooting flames on tailgaters at stoplights

>run the engine
>this puts stress on the apex seals
>decreases their life

Why do anything if using something decreases its lifespan?

Better stop using that shifter, anons, the force you put down with your hands when you change gears is wearing down your selector forks.

It just so happen that every fucking car have clutch bearing if they have a transmission.

Crazy right?
is just a full blown retard.
>How did you even pass your driving test like that?
How did you? I mean, where did you? India?

>he doesn't watch the lights and put it in first gear when their green lights become red, meaning yours will become green in a second
Slowpoke

Except this is the real world and you're making a false equivalency.
You should probably run sae20 oil because you're gunna get more em pe gees.
Who cares if you're putting extra wear on your engine?

>Who cares if you're putting extra wear on your engine?

Who cares if you're putting extra wear on your clutch?

It's not comfortable to hold the clutch for extended periods anyway. I'd rather put it in neutral and rest my left foot. If it's a long light or a train or something I'll even set the handbrake.

Nobody says clutch bearing though you stupid fucking cuck.
Mainly because they're not talking about a bearing on the clutch.
People will mention the bearings by name, usually people talk about the throw out bearing here.
All it shows is that you don't even have an amateurs level of experience with the subject.
For all anyone knows you could be talking about the bearing surface on the discs that rides on the pilot shaft.

Man, I guess with that logic, I should just redline my car all day and brake until abs kicks on.

> some asshole sitting in front of me at the light
> obviously not paying attention to anything
> it turns green as expected
> in gear as the cross traffic light went yellow so I'm ready to go
> this dipshit in front of me is looking down at his gear shift like he's reading the shift pattern
> drumming my fingers waiting for this fuck to into gear, I can see him struggling mentally with putting the clutch in while shifting it into first
>I give up and lay on the horn
> faggot finally lurches away almost stalling it
>I regret ever encouraging millennials to drive stick much less drive
>fml if I ever get stuck behind a clueless fuck like that again

>doing all this leg tiring bullshit
>not just looking at the other light

jesus fuck you are dumb

it's not like things are designed to cope with different amount of wear to save weight and cut costs

>My standards are the best and only standards!
>When I make an absurd strawman about their standards it's fine!
>When they make an absurd strawman about mine it's retarded!

Kill yourself.

Also, I'd be more concerned about the clutch not actually being fully disengaged than anything.
It's not exactly uncommon.

found who had been skipping leg day

Keeping your clutch in shouldn't wear you out. An hour in first in stop and go bumper to bumper should be what it takes wear your leg out.

>tripfag
>telling other people to kill themselves
like poetry

also 2 wrongs don't make a right

Cool reinforcement.
Stop turning a blind eye to your retarded actions.

>gets BTFO
b-but muh strawman
>continues to use trip

the clutch plate will wear before the bearing. I guess I should stop using my clutch and push my car.

Why not just look at plebbit where they can actually have a conversation without using memes.
reddit.com/r/cars/comments/2v8nd8/holding_the_clutch_all_the_way_down_at_red_lights/?sort=confidence

What the fuck are you talking about?
Have you eve read any of my posts in this thread?
Of course not. You just wanted to say "BTFO"
Which by the way is the cringiest fucking generation z newfag garbage.

>Your transmission should never be in neutral unless you're changing gears.

Don't tell me this is how americans think you should drive a manual

why not just kill yourself, you retarded nigger?

Get ready sooner, I look at the other lights to see when my light is about to turn green and start going before it turns so I don't hold up traffic.

Jesus Christ, you people... The clutch is supposed to last as long as the car does (given that you don't abuse it). I've never owned a car with an automatic transmission and I know exactly one person who does. And I've never heard of anyone who had to replace their clutch due to wear and it's really, REALLY, weird that you fuckers keep making these threads where half the posters are convinced that simply clutching in at stops somehow causes any noteworthy wear. But that's what you get when you live in a culture that considers manual transmissions an oddity for enthusiasts...

Just get out and pull a gun on them, its like you're not even american.

>drive like a grandma
>wait for them to try to pass
>floor it til they get back behind you
>repeat several times
I love doing this on the highway with cunts that ride my ass even if I'm doing 75-80 in a 65. Like fuck how much faster you want me to go. If they hang back a bit and wait for me to get over that's fine but riding my ass just bugs the fuck out of me

>At stoplight
>see cross traffic stopping
>not retarded so I know the light will turn yellow in a few seconds
>left foot is now on the clutch pedal, hand on gear stick
>light turns yellow
>clutch in, gear in, clutch out + gas
>light turns green
>off I go

I wait like 5 seconds before I start chirping my horn. I will flash a motherfucker if he cuts me off or is driving under the limit in the left lane of a freeway. That's it. Way more hand gestures happen when I'm not driving.

I see what you did there

seriously though, who doesn't do this?

>at stoplight, almost 11pm, streets empty
>random fag rolls next to me
>stare at him for a couple seconds, analyzing him
>he looks back
>it is on
>take off my watch and strap it around steering wheel
>4 light intersection
>see 2nd light on cycle turn red
>know my light will go green in exactly 2.43 seconds
>put on first, rev to 5k
>munch on tooth pick I keep in my mouth for maximum concentration
>green light, dump clutch
>red lining, shifting swiftly
>become one with my 1.0l FWD
>stop at next light which was 100 meters away
>guy takes 7 seconds to get to me(counted on my wheel watch), what an amateur
>rolls up slowly like a useless blob
>stare at him with a smirk on my face
>nightcall starts playing

Mike "Lightning Strike the Turbo Dyke" Pence

>hey, waste more of your finite mortal existence! it's what i want to do!

How about you learn some respect and move over, you selfish fucker.

What's it about cars that makes everyone think they're in a competition?

>walking
>"excuse me"
>faggot moves over

>driving
>"excuse me"
>FUCK YOU LEAVE EARLIER IM CRUISIN

real human meme

Clutches will wear out befor your engine does if you use it like a moron, engines are made to heat up and be under stress, clutches are not

this.

grow some balls cuck.

You sound like the kinda person who winds their windows for fun

Alright, gramps

6/10

Genuinely in doubt if troll or just stupid.

You're supposed to put in the gear when the light is yellow and start driving immediately once the light turns green. You're wasting everyone's time.

What is that even supposed to mean?

i've seen better, but i'll give you a 7/10, it was an ok bait

I'm so happy honking in cities is against the rules in my country.

Real countries don't have yellow lights before green lights.

Mike "Electrocute the Ute" Pence

it's against the law everywhere, niggas just feel untouchable when they get in a car

pro tip for everyone that honks except in dangerous situations as a warning - don't do it, you don't know what kinda person you are gonna honk to. he might just get out of the car and come over to slap your shit, or worse. you are not gonna do much in the 2 seconds extra you'd get if you leave faster, so just be patient.

You also don't know what kind of person you'll meet!

My Grandfather honked, 'cause bitch wasn't driving on a Green.

Bitch walks back to our car, and asks what the problem is... My Grandfather? "The problem is you, you fucking bitch!"

He then came close to running her over...

Failed my first driving test because I sat at a light in neutral. Almost failed the second because I had to stop at a give way sign. No wonder most drivers are fucking idiots nowadays.

>Failed my first driving test because I sat at a light in neutral
nigga what

Examiner argued doing that meant I didn't have a proper understanding of how to use a manual gearbox. Instant fail.

please tell me you slapped him across the face afterwards

>Mike "he likes cock, give him a shock" pence memes are spreading

I've never heard of a manual car having a clutch that lasted as long as the car did. Unless it's a car that isn't maintained properly or has a design fault to begin with. A clutch should last a 100k miles or so. Maybe 200k. Most cars will go long after that.

Not him, but I believe this is the same in Ontario. They consider it "not having control of your car" because in that position you have no immediate ability to get out of the way in an emergency.

Also I get very annoyed at my roommate, who waits for the light to change before shifting. Not that it takes all that long (maybe 1-2 seconds difference), but it shows you have no idea what's going on around you. People think you're texting so honk immediately because... Well statistically, you're texting.

Having said that I took the test in an auto, but drive a manual now, so I don't know for sure if they would have failed me for it. And I definitely put it in neutral if the light is longer than a few seconds. Then I watch the light (or watch the left-turn-priority traffic) to know when my light is about to change, then shift to fourth and chug outta there.

>Having said that I took the test in an auto, but drive a manual now
that's literally illegal in my country

what the fuck leafs?

Canadians have developed the ability to learn new things over the ages of 16 and the government understands that.

Don't worry, you'll evolve eventually.

If you get out of your car and threaten someone in theirs your an idiot. Because you never know what kind of caliber your gonna see when they roll their window down.

Armed societies are much more polite. That's why rural people are usually more polite. Everyone carries at least a knife and odds are half of the men and a decent percentage of the women have been killing animals for food since they were twelve.

>Armed societies are much more polite.
As evidenced by Pakistan, Yemen, Sierra Leone and the greater Dallas-Fort Worth area.

>be a fuckin learner way back when (a month or two ago)
>first in que at the traffic lights, the light goes green
>HONNNNNK
>drive off dilberatly slowly
>HONNNNK
>"accidently" stall on the next junction
>HONNNNK
>having taken enough of my shit he overtacks on the next strait
>dispite the fact this guy was speeding we catch up to him on the next set of lights because we are in the middle of town and noone is going anywhere quickly
>firmly press the horn for an extended period when the light goes amber
>he lurtches off at the speed of sanic and has to slam on the breaks imediatly because there are still other cars on the junction

Armed white societies I should say

>the greater Dallas-Fort Worth area.
this has to do more with not paying attention to all the people hauling tons of shit will get you hurt

>Russians
>rent a red corolla 1,6 for 2 weeks in california
>4 drunken guys inside (driver is also drunk)
>ask me to fill his brandy cup on eqch stoplight
>BMW M3 BLACK next to us
>beverly hills narrow streets start to chase him
>chase on each stoplight
>guy on BMW go on red in fear.

>deal with it

>4 inebriated Russians in a dragging shitbox, chasing the locals around Beverly Hills
Please tell me you were singing Soviet battle hymns while doing this.

>destroy clutch
Worth it

>que
>dilberatly
>accidently
>overtacks
>strait
>lurtches
>imediatly
this guy has a drivers license

>clear road
>same people driving slowly
Nope.
>speed up and let them pass
>don't be an autist

>Canadians have developed the ability to learn new things over the ages of 16 and the government understands that.
>they sit in first gear at stop lights

yea clearly lmao

>I have never driven a manual transmission car in my entire life

Jesus christ please stop pretending you know what you're talking about