Is the only advantage the miata provides over other roadsters is the low price...

Is the only advantage the miata provides over other roadsters is the low price? Or are there other tangible performance aspects related to power and/or suspension that make the Miata a smart pick?

I am talking in relation to vehicles like the BMW Z4, S2000, or 350Z.

The Miata is a smart pick because its chassis provides the thrills and feels of the others at lower speeds and a lower pricetag. The performance of the car in the twisties is a "tangible aspect", even though it's pretty lackluster in the power department.
In the end, more power is always a case of more money, and if you throw more money at a Miata it can make more power without a hiccup. What has made the Miata an icon is providing the feel of those cars at a fraction of the price. And, sometimes, even delivering sensations those cars don't.

Check on youtube a video by some UK magazine comparing a tuned Miata to a Boxster and you'll get it.

>inb4 miatahomosexgay
>inb4 alphonse

Thanks. I was considering a Miata but I have the money to afford something nice and I don't like the look of all the current gen miatas and I also don't want to be driving some rusted out piece of shit. So I'm considering other similar vehicles

The s2k is better than any Miata ever made.

It is a fucking girls car.

Worse

A fucking meme girls car. Girls don't get this car, because even they know that if they got it they would be made fun of.

Not really true, but yeah generally S2K>MX-5.

How is it not true?
It's literally faster than any Miata and looks arguably better than any Miata. The only thing the Miata has over the s2k is it's weight.

What about this guy?

The NDs can outperform the S2000 on certain tracks

Have you considered the Fiat 124?

Saturn sky looks better

Excuse me while I throw up

>8k for a solstice

thats pretty good

Its literally more fun than any of those because it feels faster than you're actually going.

Truthfully any of the above would be faster from point A to B, but the Miata would give you the most fun just because 50mph on a winding road feels like 100mph.

The thing is that you can buy a new Miata but you can only find used S2000s or 350Zs and that means you're gonna have a very hard time finding a car that wasn't molested by some faggot wannabe-racer and wasn't beat to shit. A Z4, though available new, is prohibitely expensive compared to a Miata and if you're after performance you're better off buying a turnkey V8 or turbocharged Miata from Flyin' Miata. Mantainance on the Mazda will also be cheaper than on the BMW.

And, fyi, Mazdas no longer rust to shit in instants. If you don't like the looks of it, then maybe, as suggested, you can check out the Fiat 124 Spyder.

The Mx-5 is 1000lb lighter than the 350z

Its more generic and ugly tbqh

I say it's a viable alternative. My brother has a Solstice GXP and it's very nice; fast and nimble. OP should also consider the Sky Redline for it's the same thing just with different badging.

There's a hardtop Solstice in my buddy's neighborhood that looks so damn good. Too bad they're so rare

Hell yeah

S2K looks retarded IMO. looks like a mini-corvette with that awkwardly long hood

>fiat 124

no, i live in the US

yeah, that is another issue. but then again i wont find a miata either that hasn't been beat to shit

They're in the US though. They're just as fast or even a little slower than a Miata. Unless you plan on tuning it.

It's not pigfat.

its really unfortunate that they're literal parts bin cars. they look so nice
Ill personally take a zzw30 mr2 over a miata.
2200 lbs wet and a 2zz swap is basically plug and play. You get a lotus elise for a fraction of the cost.

The problem with these cars is the availability is so low.

Your two options are buying some rusted out piece of shit leftover project from someone else or buying a "mint condition" with 75k hard miles on it

The only advantage is you're literally flaunting that you're a fag without strapping a dildo at your forehead

This guy is a cock smoker no doubt.

Lol a lightweight lawnmower and a fag car = miata

not an argument.

S2k is a grand tourer meant for cruising and miata is a sports car primarily for the twisties. The only similarities is the lack of roof

No doubt it's a fast car, but not as fun as a miata.

OP just get a miata

ND Owner here(pic related my car), think im one of only on the boards that has one right now

Its a really great car, I could have easily gotten a mustang, camaro or other typical sports car but heres the reason i got the ND

>lightweight
>excellent chassis
>50/50 weight distribution
>good torque on low and mid
> decent amount of power to weight(0-60=5.9 seconds) that can be expanded later w/ mods
>Good looks
>convertible top

If anyone has the money for it and is on the fence they should go test drive it, will win you over like it did with me. Never intended to buy an ND at all but them lightweight driving dynamics are hard to resist. Damn car puts a smile on my face driving it

why did they give the MX-5 such a faggot name in the US?

Miata is an old German word that means "reward"

But a used corvette user

>be Mazda
>obsess over British roadsters
>embark on project to create the perfect modern British roadster
>pour ridiculous levels of autism into the effort, to the point of literally recording all the sounds of the older roadster transmissions under operation to match them as close as is possible

>Only hairdressers buy it in the US, forever subjecting the object of your autismal efforts to shitty memes

I cannot not feel awful for Mazda.

>It's limits are attainable at street speeds.
>Narrow tires, soft springs

The Miata is the convertible version of the BR-Z/86. Fun, until you get bored.

Until you take it on the track, rather. You still get the sensation of driving like a mad cunt on the public roads. The BRZ is too solid of a chassis to get that.

Try harder next time

I prefer a Z4.a lot heavier,but that 3.0 straight six, 260hp and the noise it makes.. its wonderful.

Hairdressers drive used Corollas

At that level you can get a Boxster instead

you already look like you enjoy cock when you drive a miata, driving a z4 is the equivalent of tattooing "i love penis" on every square inch of your body.

even people that don't know jack shit about cars know that a z4 is a complete & utter fagmobile, you couldn't announce to the world that you're gayer even if you took a fucking loudspeaker and yelled to the world that you like it up the ass

Are you an insecure 14 year old?

i'll happily drive a miata, the z4 is just catered to middle aged women & faggots

plus its fucking pigfat so there are no redeeming qualities, really.

the z4m, on the other hand, is not a fagmobile at all.

Poor ones do.

after buying a miata my internal struggles went from
turbo vs naturally aspirated
to
hormones vs natural femboy

would heavily recommend

Most hairdressers are poor, and the ones that make money lease a 3 series or some shit

>damage control