So what's the consensus? I thoroughly enjoyed it and was laughing pretty hard. Also how is the new Topgear...

So what's the consensus? I thoroughly enjoyed it and was laughing pretty hard. Also how is the new Topgear? I haven't bothered to watch it since I don't have cable anymore and I would have to go out of my way to do it.

I long for a return to the early seasons of top gear when they didn't force it. Grand Tour felt stale and forced, but I'll still watch it because it's better than most other car-related shows.

i felt like the humor was pretty force and that they were trying a bit too hard to be like the old show. I get that they like to poke fun at other countries but the 'murica jokes really sucked. Wasn't a fan of their new racing driver and his 'murica jokes. Not only that but they decided to review cars they have already done so it was as if i wasn't watching anything new.

pretty much this

though i'm withholding final judgement until they've aired a cheap car challenge or two

Hammond seems to have gained some muscle

Consensus is that P1=P3

>That P1 ride height

I see they forced the illegal ride height for the grand tour too.

Production quality has gone way up, although they will need some time to catch up to the polished car reviews on the BBC. Fuck the BBC, I hope they succeed. The only retarded thing is that with the stupid system of amazon prime, it will be pirated much more than Top Gear, so it might lower numbers and such.

I think you're forgetting, the old show WAS them. So it is kinda normal it would seem they are forcing the new one to be that, when it's what they naturally are.

>watching any car shows other than old unsubbed best motoring videos from the late 80's and 90's

Had some good bits, had lots of bad bits.
Some of the humor was cringe (like the fight with the audience), some was forced.
It will get better as time goes on.

It was a 60 year old has been trying to fit in and be modern with internet humor.

Painful.

>unsubbed

not knowing what the fuck any of them are saying kind of takes away from it

This. I've got Amazon prime for the free shipping(because I'm a horrible shut in NEET) but I can't imagine buying it just for their music/video streaming service.

Unless there is another plan out there that I don't know about.

i was enjoying old top gear better, but it has potencial since its just starting..

They have Amazon video separately now too. It's about as much as Netflix IIRC.

Huh, did not know that.

I think originally they weren't going to do it. Doesn't matter much to me because I live in a very rural area and free two day shipping on shit I need but can't find locally is really hard to beat.

How much is prime in america? Its cheaper than netflix here so everyone uses it

$60 a year or some shit. I don't remember.

I'm like the 1% where prime makes sense on.

So far ordered over 100 things this year...
TGT is just a free perk for me.

>free premium shipping
>prime video
>prime music
>free same day shipping if available
>twitch prime

Yeah you sure are the only one where it makes sense. Do you even know how expensive premium shipping is?

I know without it, I would have paid well over $1000 to 2 day everything.

When's the next episode, tomorrow?

At this rate, my storage array will be fucking full from all these 2160p torrents + the downscaled 1080 versions I'll make at some point.

What fucking difference does it make whether you get useless junk #394 a day earlier or not?

>Twitch prime
The game streaming service?

Well sometimes it does matter
Yes. You get one free sub a month

When I'm making purchases for my business, or I just fucking want it soon.

Jose #27 needs a new screen for his shit iPhone 5c in 2 days, not 2 weeks.

Daily reminder that Gop Tear Holy trinity comparison was published exactly 365 days after one done on the same track by Chris Harris.
GOP TEAR
O
P
T
E
A
R

Look you faggot.
It's called tieing up loose ends.
Ferrari and McClaren were under so much fire from Clarkson shaming them in the last season of top gear, that they were probably forced to do it.

I liked the murrika jokes.

But I'm the exception. I'm the one American who enjoys when humor pokes fun at our stereotypes.

That said the Racecar diver, if the entirety of his character is "everything that isnt an american RWD V8 is communist" will get old fast, unless they do something else with him. We'll see I guess.

forced to do what?
Who are you trying to defend?
Harris with filming crew of 3 people, Mercedes Vito and a drone did more entartaining review than whole fucking GT film crew with giant budget, pursuit camera arm car and a fuckin' helicopter.
And he managed to do editing asap and post it, cause' that's what you do when you put your hands over something as hyped as "Which hypercar is the best". That's what journalism is about. Being fast, not late.

Overall I liked it and the intro had some real energy behind it.

I do understand they wanted a big flash first episode with the hyper cars but I think people want to see more of them faffing about with their adventures more.

Don't really care for their test track or driver especially since Ben Colins got teased as being the driver and I think The American will get old fast.

The other stuff just needs time til they re-find their footing and I never liked the celebrity stuff so I hope that stays dead.

After hearing about the viewership numbers and prime subs, I would love to be a fly on the wall at BBC seeing them shit themselves over how bad they fucked up.

You don't understand Ferrari do you?

Let me put it in simple terms.

Clarkson says right there on BBC that Ferrari and McClaren are being babies about testing the cars to their rules.

Then 12 million people write to/call/shit on/tweet/whatever to Ferrari and McClaren about it.

Then Clarkson gets a phone call about it.
Not a good phone call either.

Then after they all get it sorted, and are ready to run the cars, TG goes down.

Ferrari, the babies they are, are pissed off on Clarkson, and promptly hold his connections to their cars until he sorts it all out.

Can't say the same for McClaren, but I'm sure they would not be happy as well until the race was run.

Ferrari are huge drama queens. Remember that they didn't let TG test the Enzo, and they had to call up a rock star to borrow his. And that was only offered to existing customers on a select list anyway.
THEN the FXX wasn't allowed on the regular board, and had to by driven by Schumacher as Ferrari's chief driver.
They deny cars at the drop of a hat, just because they don't want a bad review.

GM has done similar, but come around because they live and die on reviews like Clarkson's. Ferrari are fucking Ferrari, and see staying true to the Ferrari way as a higher priority than making money. Always have, always will.
After all, that's why Lamborghini exists; Enzo Ferrari told Lamborghini to go fuck himself after reading his letter about faults in the Ferrari he'd bought, and to go start his OWN supercar company.
Which he did.

McLaren are just touchy about letting Jezza get into their cars, even though he loves their work. One bad review or bad result could scupper the company, as they can't fall back on sales of their logo.

so Jeremy... You're saying you had a harsh time with Ferrari? Wow! You poor thing... Tell me about it...

>When he has the balls to stand in front of millions and say that Ferrari are acting like children

>So what's the consensus?
Tuned up ferrari and mclaren in full, road illegal, attack mode BTFO by supreme german engineering

>cheapest
>heaviest
>roadster
>least powerful
>fastest by far
>better dd than diesel punto

Porsche: 1 win, 1 2nd
McLaren: 1win, 1 3rd
Ferrari: 0wins, 1 2nd, 1 3rd

I agree that it felt kinda forced but I think they'll find their grove again.

ITS BEEN DONE TO DEATH

Do something new, TopGear+

McLaren P1 GTR vs Ferrari FXX K vs that Porsche 918 RSR that was immediately hidden away.