Unbelievable Motor Trend Lap Times?

I know very little, if anything about track racing and lap times. I'm trying to learn more, but these lap times I'm finding seem unbelievable.
fastestlaps.com/tracks/willow-springs-streets-of-willow
fastestlaps.com/tracks/willow-springs
I'm assuming these are 2 different tracks at the same location. Not sure what the point of that is.
I know how much of a beast the Z06 is, and being mass produced, it comes with a lot of perks that the exotics can't match, but how does an $80,000 Corvette set a faster lap time than both an Huracan and an Aventador? You'd also think that the Aventador would set a faster lap than the Huracan would too. Where does the extra $200,000 go if not in performance? I've heard of different types of circuits, so maybe Willow Springs is just tailored towards the more "normal" cars and not the exotics? I also find it strange how the last gen V6 Mustang somehow set a faster lap time than a mid 2000s 911. Sure, technology is always advancing, but really...? How does this work?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/16206149/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It clearly shows the GTR is slower by .7 seconds on that track user

Find new memes

The corvette was modified during that test, lol

So was the GTR's nurburgring run. I dont see you guys benchracing that.

On top of the fact corvette is faster around almost every track except streets of willow and redbull ring.

>the gtr was modified
It wasn't tho

>admits the corvette was modified
Thanks for admitting the gtr is superior

>NISMO engineers, who confessed that the car had also been specifically tuned for the Nurburgring. This is significant as, for example, the 'Ring car's dampers are actually softer than standard, to aid the car around the bumpy circuit. This is another example of just how pointless Nurburgring lap times are as they are completely unregulated. Nissan made bold claims that it broke the lap record for 'a volume production car' - it won't ship engineers to fine-tune your car for the environment in which you'll be hooning, so it's not really the 'volume production car', is it?
>The original press release did state that the car used featured 'track options', which included 'aerodynamics tuning, weight reduction, and suspension tuning'. It turns out that this also includes 'bigger spoilers for more downforce, different dampers and brake pads, bucket seats that contributed to a significant 50kg weight saving and a new ECU map.'

keep in mind:

different cars have different strengths and weaknesses. one car may be faster on the straights but be slower through corners, two cars may be evenly matched in power and handling but one has better brakes, or one has a better power curve, or better gearing, or better tires, even different driving styles can be better suited better for a particular car or setup

Lap times, under controlled settings, tell you how a car as a complete system compares to other cars on that /particular/ track. Overall a lap around a track doesn't mean much, it's only a single data point

Also the Corvette makes 49 more horse than the Huracan

It's available for sale as an option, retard

Whats your fucking point retard?

The same thing with the corvette rough road ecu used in the motortrend test.

Fucking retard.
Stay btfo

So Huracan BTFO? Overpriced R8 and America still wins! YEA BABY!!

Except the gtr was tested with a package. The z06 was modified.

Stay btfo

The GTR was not modified for the nurburgring lap attempt, the N-Attack is an optional extra

Hey Alphonse senpai, have you checked my colorado and raptor thread?

>that corvette ecu can be bought for 80 bucks which just dicks with the suspension
>Need an entire conversion package to make the GTR faster

Dance for me cuck

That ecu mod is ist to keep that shitpile for overheating lol

Keep sperging, powerless cuck

And I do mean powerless because the corvette loses power qfter half a lap kek

No. Link?
This.

GM fangirls got so triggered they delated it lol
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/16206149/

Good job. Can't wait till the GT is released.

Veeky Forums will be in flames regardless of how fast it is

its the lap time of a car that gm spent a weekend fine tuning to the specific track
it has damper and traction control settings that are not factory specification
its irrelevant

yes, a trim of a car means its modified

is the boss 302 laguna seca also a 'modified non factory spec car'?
roflmao retard

Because it's really fucking easy to make a car that gets round a track like a raped ape if you know that's pretty much all it has to do.
As long as retards like you are impressed with lap times and buy the car because of it then it will continue to happen.

1) it wasn't the 80k car , it was the fully optioned ~110k one.
2) other cars offer refinement that you may not have in the vette which raises the price
3) gm performance is actually really fucking good

i hate bench racers

>Not sure what the point of that is.
There's two different track layouts at the same location (there's several more at Willow iirc). This keeps racing there entertaining, and makes sure there's a track layout suitable for multiple skill levels, and for multiple classes of racing. Most racetracks have several layouts nowadays.

>How is a Corvette faster than a Huracan?
Because of power and a track-tailored suspension setup.

>How is a Huracan faster than an Aventador?
Because the Aventador is significantly heavier yet has little more (usable) power.

>Where does the 200K go?
2 extra cilinders and bragging rights.

>How is a 2015 V6 Mustang faster than a mid 2000s H6 911?
Technological advancement. A hybrid Volvo comes with 400hp nowadays.

Most helpful answer so far. Thanks.

There is no perfect racecar. 918 is closest to perfection but it comes with a fucking price tag of a million

I've towed Camrys with 7mi on the odometer. Sometimes shot breaks. Doesn't make an entire car line bad.

Delicious GM fangirl tears

more of a mitsu/vag fangirl but whatever lol

>

I don't like ford
I don't like Nissan
I don't like GM
But I love these threads where people argue about them, never change Veeky Forums

When it comes to performance tests companies sometimes send slighty moded cars.
I remember the Huracan that was lended to reviewers would sometime come with better non-factory tires.

nice meme

Lel

I saw a 911 break into the nines last week.

i was going through my bedroom and i actually found the issue with this picture

>differences between each time are equal to less than a single second
Both of you can fuck off

>GT-R wins only because it had a lead off the starting line due to the awd system, while the corvette catches up in the corners
>american cars are now the handling monsters while jap cars go faster in the straight line
Fucking hell, it's like the world has gone topsy-turvy

They're flying laps.

You're telling me that a Huracan doesn't come with the best fucking tires from the factory? WTF, over $200,000 and they don't even give it the best rubber?

None of these lap times are starting laps.