Muscle car prices

Are the insane prices for 60's to early 70 muscle cars justified or are Baby Boomer's just trying to clutch on to their last valuable things before they inevitably start going away.... What's your take on these current prices and will they drop when Boomer's start to die off?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vx38eqt5ypg
dynacornclassicbodies.com/ford_models2.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I doubt it , if they cant sell it it probably ends up with their spawn, who'll sell it even higher for muh sentimental value.

It'll be like our beloved 80's and 90's Japanese imports, repeated cycle. I can't think of any future classics in this decade though.

Probably because most of the cars of today are appliance cars that will be lucky to still be roadworthy in 20 years let alone long enough to become classics.

That's because cars are made of cheap plastic and electronics that will only last 10-20 years. It would be impossible to have a great condition all original 2016 model barn find in 60 years.

That's because you are retarded.

>What's your take on these current prices and will they drop when Boomer's start to die off?
No. Bugatti Royales never dropped in price either.
What's rare now will, inevitably, become even rarer, and as such, their value to collectors - and with the expansion of the world economy, more of these will appear - will not decrease in the long term.
Long term being the key phrase here; I'm guessing we'll see a crash in the classic car market within five years.

>cheap plastic
Advances in production techniques such as 3D printing, and the new materials being developed, will probably do a lot to mitigate that problem. It'll be much more affordable to make small batches of given interior parts and so on.
>Electronics
I'm more worried about this, but again, I hope that we'll see a shit in manufacturing where rapid replication and prototyping, together with more accessible small batch manufacturing, will help alleviate this.

The price on muscle cars is justified, what with the amount of money that went into keeping it running, or restoring it.

Ahem. A SHIFT in manufacturing etc.

Boomer spotted.

Nah sooner or later it will end up in the hands of a millennial and they'll be like "wtf would anyone want this old junk for" and they'll donate it to a charity that comes and gets it because posting it for free on CraigseBay is too emotionally draining.

Problem is you'll be in your 50s by then

Most of today's appliance cars outperform most muscle cars.

The price of many will drop when the boomers die. Hemi's will retain price. Hipo options of others will retain price. Yenkos and Shelby's.
A chevelle without a rare hipo biggest block will crater, as they aren't really that great

This, these cars values are held soley by Boomers.

A counterpoint, gentlemen.
One could posit that many of these cars -Chevelles, Chargers, Mustangs and so on - have achieved the status of popular cultural icons necessary for them to be desirable even for people with no personal connection to them; younger people, foreign collectors and so on. I think a great many of us here wouldn't mind a classic muscle car.
Combined with the inevitably increasing scarcity (as idiots crash them and parts dry up), I would not be surprised if any eventual drop in prices wouldn't last all that long. You might see a quick resurgence.

Nah they'll just get triggered by the dangerous-to-pedestrians bodystyle, shouting "muh safety!" "muh chilluns!" and find it absolutely disgusting for polluting "muh environment!" with carbon dioxide and patriarchy ("muh soggyknee!"). It'll then immediately get scrapped to prevent future generations from being offended.

youtube.com/watch?v=vx38eqt5ypg

Im waiting for a replica Chevelle body/parts to start being produced again.

muscle prices arent going down

theyre classics theyre only going up

the fact that so many idiots want them will keep the market alive

they will whether crush them or pay for college by selling them

> buy an old worn down muscle car from old geezer
>get some friends and some cooled beer
>start troubleshooting and getting your muscle car road ready
>start customizing and restoring it further whenever you feel like it

>spend a fortune on a muscle car
>no power breaks
>no power steering
>die in fireball 3 weeks later

and thats why we buy miatas and civics

>no power breaks

That's why you ride the bus.

Why don't companies produce desired replica/chassis parts? seemsl like a smart business move.

>huur boomers
Most of the people I know inflating muscle prices by taking a second mortgage out to keep some shit box in a shop for half a decade are Gen x'ers
When boomers die their kids, the peolle already contributing to rapidly increasing prices, WILL NOT sell them for a couple hundred dollars. Keep dreaming delusional faggots

some of the still got decent performance by today standards and back then you had more freedoms with styling so they look pretty.

A Bugatti Royale isn't a mass produced shit box you moron.

How's the prices on those Golden Age comics? Did they drop off when the people who were nostalgic for them died off?

and a 68 charger isn't quite a mk3 golf

Still plentiful compared to a Bugatti lmao, there are tons of 65 Mustang coupes etc.

>mass produced everyman car more plentiful than expensive luxury car

No shit, retard

dynacornclassicbodies.com/ford_models2.html

Exactly, so why was he comparing a Bugatti to a 60's Muscle car...

The muscle cars are on the way out. Just calling it.

These "collectibles" take up an entire garage space, which not easy to come by. They are not liquid.

When the buyers dry up, the prices dry up. No matter how much you love your car, you don't get to select its price at your estate sale.

Just buy thecar you like and drive it. Japanese classics will go up, then down, too.

>Electronics replication
Not gonna happen , todays cars are so complex in the eletronics part that the only way this would be feasible is if the OEM suppliers were to share the designs and programs.

Trust me, thats my job

Pretty much this.