youtube.com/watch?v=cJrHoIEZVlg
ksl.com/auto/listing/3256038?ad_cid=3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no truckfags?

>>is the automotive equivalent of a codpiece
Kek

>>you'll never come close to maxing your payload
>>has tow mirrors, but you'll never tow anything

Where I live I constantly see full size trucks towing ridiculous size loads. Maybe it's because I live near the eagle ford shale fields.

Now 1/2 ton trucks that's a whole other story. I rarely see those being used for anything more then basic transportation, but if someone wants to spend 45k on a truck and just drive it around the mall parking lot it's no skin off my noise. It's their money and their likes and dislikes, so long as they don't tell me what I can or can't own I'm not going to tell them either.

>is useless off-road
>is useless on-road
>you'll never come close to maxing your payload
>has tow mirrors, but you'll never tow anything

>implying

Older trucks are pretty decent offroad. Its also really easy to increase their offroad ability, especially rigs with a solid axle or ttbs in the front. New trucks, especially the new faggy luxury half tons, are slab-tier comfy on the road. Plenty of people haul heavy shit. Plenty of people tow big shit. The reason youve never seen people doing this is you have never been outside of a city.

They are great at killing other motorists in otherwise safe low speed crashes as the front of your truck will decapitate the other inhabitants.

I have a 1/2 ton because I can't get away with putting a newborn in a jumper seat but I didn't want to buy a trailer to haul my dirtbike with an SUV or van

t. Hilary supporter.

It's all fine and good until two park next to you

ban assault trucks

Underrated post

>you're either conservative and like shitty trucks, shitty hurley dudson motorycles, and shitty nascar
>or you want to end all freedom

i have a first amendment right to tell you your truck is a slow piece of shit that can corner about was well as a boat

magfa (make america go fast again)

>Plastic bumpers
LOL

All these flavors and you choose salty...

They're the reason modern cars are bathtubs you can barely see out of, and everyone wants a fucking crossover so they can see around them.

Remember when you could just rest your elbow on the door sill?

The last few days the anti truck cucks have been out in full force.

>doesn't fit in parking spaces
your inability to park reasonably, doesn't mean it cant be done

>you'll never come close to maxing your payload
hwat?

>has tow mirrors, but you'll never tow anything
your civic has mirrors but you never use them before changing lanes

>mods include truck nuts, stacks, ebay hids
oooh yeah, muh stax

There's been an increase in whiny bitches on multiple boards in the last week.

/k/ has been hit hard recently too.

youtube.com/watch?v=cJrHoIEZVlg

>prius repellent

lol.

>overpriced
If they weren't selling with that price they'd be overpriced. But they are selling. Very strongly, in fact. You're a fucking retard.

>depreciates by half almost immediately
Maybe for a gasser 1/2 ton

Well we don't all live in the city, trucks are necessary in some places.

Could someone elaborate on the extra gas tank and pump in the back of some trucks? I've seen them all my life and I thought the farmers used them to fill up farm equipment out on the field. That guy sure doesn't look like a farmer.

What else am I supposed to tow my toys with?

can also be for fueling construction equipment on construstion sites.

a guy i used to work with actually used to get his tank filled with home heating oil and then just fill his truck with the nozzle from the bed since it was so much cheaper than buying regular diesel.

Could be used for his playtoys (fourwheelers) or he could have a "work truck" that isn't actually road legal and he fills it with that tank. Could also be a backup tank incase he leaves his truck on while doing things.

>Finally living on my own, out of college, making money
>Have been wanting a small-ish truck for a while for versatility's sake
>Had to move to a state with harsh winters and constant salting
>Almost every example is a rusted-out, rotted POS

Sucks honestly. I'm fine with something older that I can work on on my own when it needs it, but everything is seemingly beyond hope.

Also why the hell did smaller trucks just disappear? All I really want is a decent running 4x4 S10 or Ranger or something, not these fuckheug lux bricks.

Up here in northern Canada the logging and oilfield guys have to leave their trucks running 24/7 in the winter or the fuel will start to gel. They also use it to fuel up equipment if needed.

my 2008 Duramax has like +10 depreciation armor. If I didn't have 185K miles on it that is... I honestly can't believe how well they hold their value. I keep getting people wanting to buy it but it'll take a lot to get me to buy a new one at 70k or whatever new diesel trucks are all optioned out.

Diesel trucks hold their value ridiculously.
Around here a clean 10 year old 250/350 or 2500/3500 will still easily bring $20k.

>>depreciates by half almost immediately

where is this magical kingdom? i have an '06 powerstoke id let go for that

They are fucking morons then. Unless there's a heater in the tank it'll still get cold enough to gel. Also it'd be far cheaper to just dump some anti gel additive into the tank every fill up

They usually have off highway diesel in the slip tank which handles the cold decently. The machinery has to run 24/7 because no glow plugs. Even a diesel pickup with glowplugs probably won't start in -45 without being plugged in unless you got a boost and ether.

I like it, user

>tfw looking for a truck with:

>V8
>manual transmission
>shortbed
>regular cab
>V8

>tfw none exist

Op gave me cancer

Dyed is a bit better yes but it still gels badly around -10. I can understand leaving the equipment running but there's really no need on newer trucks. My 2014 3500 ram will start at -50 no problem and my tractor with a 8.3 cummins will start at around -40. Of course I usually plug them in but every so often I either forget or don't have time but generally they still start no problem

Looking for that exact truck except stepside

dually a best

>depreciates by half almost immediately
This is simply false. Full size trucks depreciate less than any other mass produced vehicle, with the exception of Jeep Wranglers, Toyota Tacomas, and special edition sports cars.

A Silverado HD is still worth almost 70% of sticker when it's 5 years old.

Do a car vacation, find a car out of state, go fly there, buy it (or don't) and drive home (in your rental you didn't buy).

6.0s are known lemons. They are an exception to the good resale value expectation.

Yo truckbros should i go buy this? ksl.com/auto/listing/3256038?ad_cid=3

>Cons:
not diesel
xlt
shit wheels

>Pros:
my fav tires
super cheap
almost brand new

would be my first truck

Just because it fits in a spot doesn't mean it's actually possible to pull into one in a packed parking lot

I have a 6400lb boat that I take all up and down the east coast to different wakeboarding spots

excuse me?