Clicking sound. Plymth Neon 95

There is a clicking sound coming from the belt drive-train area. When idle, the sound is a perfect pattern. When I accelerate the clicking sound goes faster. What could it be?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TZzekJOiGJA
amazon.com/Lisle-52500-Mechanics-Stethoscope/dp/B0002SQYSM
youtu.be/Zf5C4JCuXRM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anyone have an idea?

Check your oil level, manifold and no idea how it's called in english, but something like valve spacing regulator. It might be dying and it doesnt fully open and close valves, so they click when they are forced to close.
Could be anything in a 21 years old car

There was no oil when I bought the car, I filled it up a bit to see if there was any leaks. The sound is sort of like this youtube.com/watch?v=TZzekJOiGJA

>no oil when I bought the car
why didnt you run?

He said it had oil when he stored the car, it had been stored for about 5 months so he suspected it all leaked out in that time.

Engine rebuild coming your way, if it's the valves clicking then they're toast.

Get a amazon.com/Lisle-52500-Mechanics-Stethoscope/dp/B0002SQYSM
and pinpoint where it's coming from in the engine.

If it's voming from the cylinders, run premium gas and check again after like 40-50 miles.

If it's the valves, you're fucked.

At which point you politely thank him and go the fuck home

Is this the SOHC or DOHC engine? You know these are interference engines, right? Do you know when the timing belt was changed last?

The car leaked 5 quarts of oil in 5 months without even running??? Does this car even have an oil pan? Sorry op you bought a broken motor most likely.

youtu.be/Zf5C4JCuXRM I uploaded a video of the sound.

It's either the belt jumping due to worn belt/pulley or, as we say in Britbong land, It's proper fukked m8.

>It's proper fukked m8.

What is the worst case scenario at this stage?

Worst case is your engine is fucked and you have to get a new one
GOOD NEWS! if you have the manual you can swap in either the ECC 2.0 DOHC from the RT, or you can swap in the EDZ non-turbo from a pre '02 Stratus/Breeze and be better off than you were before, and the best part is they're cheap as shit

Thank you.

Where is a good place to buy engines btw?

Google is your best friend, but junkyards/pick n pulls are good as well

Don't listen to these idiots, it is your water pump/ timing chain, it is I a common issue and a pain in the ass if you don't know what you're doing. It's about a 500 fix from a mechanic, if you do it yourself get a new chain with the pump.

>timing chain

Did you watch the video

I have worked on plenty of these shit cars the most common failure for this motor is the timing chain and water pump, it would also explain the missing oil from sitting. The chain sounds exactly like that when the pump is fucked.

Try googling your cars water pump failure and you will get the a lot of info on it, it really is common and sounds exactly like that.

>timing chain

They have belts you fucking dingus

Thanks man.

Same God damn thing, you fuck nuts are giving him bad info a timing belt or chain it does the same fucking thing, point being it is the water pump you wannabe mechanic fucks.

Chances are OP has the SOHC, so telling him his engine is fucked so that he'll swap in a better one only helps his situation

How to tell if engine is fucked from this?

Your engine isn't fucked, if you can't change a water pump and timing belt there is no way you're doing a motor swap. If the motor was fucked valve terrain wise you wouldn't be able to get over a certain rpm because the valves wouldn't seat properly giving you massive power loss. If it was fucked you wouldn't be able to drive it at all. Fix a hole with dirt no need to over do it and use concrete, by that i mean fix what is easily fixed before doing something unnecessary and will cost more then your car

Ty

>95
>neon
car is essentially worthless, keep oil in it and drive it into the ground. don't waste time/money maintaining 90's econobox.

Doesn't sound so bad. Try taking the belt off and see if the noise is gone. If it is, this is a minor issue that can be recitfied fairly easy.

Ty friend

For the love of Christ do not remove your timing belt and try to start your car it will be a instant death no restart for your motor

>calling a timing chain the same thing as a timing belt
>calling others wannabe mechanic fucks

You better listen to him if you don't want to slam piston into valves.
The noise would surely be gone, tho