longisland.craigslist.org/cto/5888850127.html
newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/5886111429.html
newyork.craigslist.org/fct/cto/5880725180.html
boston.craigslist.org/nos/cto/5881223388.html
newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/5866406198.html
blinkmotorsport.com/?page_id=302
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

gonna copypasta pretty much everything here because I'm lazy:

I fell for the miata meme and I'm going to go check one out tomorrow.

2001, 1.8L, 111200 miles. Apparently mechanically sound, apart from the fact that the ABS light is always on. The guy says there isn't any actual problem with the breaks though, but that he did replace the ring gear recently.

What are some red flags or things that commonly go wrong with Miatas? I'm busy reading through the buyers guide atm.

Blackstone results of miles 100-500 on brand new built engine:

'96 block
Manley forged rods
Wiseco 84mm 8.5:1 pistons (so block is bored to 84mm or 1883cc)
ACL race bearings
"supermiata" damper with 32-2 trigger wheel
'00 head w/ supertech heavy double valve springs

Bought my first miata about 3 months ago since my DD truck is at 200k and i need something more reliable and also want to keep the truck around for when i need it. Its a 2004 mazdaspeed miata with 72k miles. I got it for 9400$ which was an alright deal considering its in pretty great shape. Planning on picking up the little enchilada after xmas and after that an ECU and RX injectors. So far loving the car and the community.

PHAT MEATS

>caring about what a boomer with a Harley thinks

lmao senpai

whats your grindr account name big boy?

Also bought it before i even knew how to drive a stick. Was pretty fun/frustrating learning. I've already put 7k miles on it. Any maintenance i should worry about besides the changing oil? I read something about maintaining the canvas on the top in the last thread? The difference between how 80-100 feels in my truck and that car is huge. I often find myself going 80 in the miata without noticing it.

No wait... I'm not gay i just like Miatas ok.. Its just the right size!

I N S E C U R E

my open flash tablet just showed up!

the open flash header will be here sometime in january

why in THE FUCK did mazda put a catalytic converter ON THE HEADER

pretty common nowadays for emissions

and the shitbox with street wheelset

is it?
every other car ive owned theyve been farther down in the exhaust system

i feel like that why decat is/was such a popular exhaust mod
..because it was further down the system and easily replaceable... idk though

closer the cat is to the engine, the faster warm-up and less heat is lost in the piping. extremely-common to see cats as part of the manifold.

Healthy young child goes to Veeky Forums, gets pumped with massive shot of many Initial D episodes, doesn't feel good and changes - MIATA. Many such cases!

Sikk. What kind of power goals are you aiming for?

kek

the miata.net/faq and buyers guide pretty much covers everything you need to know.

and people were saying that /polo/ wasn't a good idea

makes sense

heh

Probably ~300 whp reliable, not really finished yet. Makes maybe low 200's at the moment. Running 10psi on wastegate only, but it fuckin' rips already.

December will mark my 9th month of looking for a semi-decent NA8 Miata with less than 100k miles and a LSD.

My budget is now $8000, but there are literally zero cars for sale that fit my requirements and I have yet to see one.

I'm just destined to never get one ;_;

what state you in famo

NJ

Every promising one that I've looked at since March has been rusted to hell or falsely advertised where it's a total piece of shit in person.

That sounds bonkers loud.

>mfw i bought my '91 with a 1.8 and a torsen diff from NJ

although Im not sure you'd want mine anyway.

bummer you arent looking for an NA6

this is looks decent.

>1993 Mazda Miata
>56k miles
>$7500
longisland.craigslist.org/cto/5888850127.html

Also found these on my local craigslist, Im only in Connecticut so it isnt a far drive for you at all.

>1997 Mazda Miata
>84k miles
>$3500
newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/5886111429.html

>1996 Mazda Miata
>115k miles
>$3900
newyork.craigslist.org/fct/cto/5880725180.html

>Has 8k
>Buying an NA
Are you retarded?

That Long Island one is nice, but I really want a NA8.

I emailed the guy with the 1997 less than an hour after the listing (I have CL alerts set up for the entire tri-state area) and he never replied.

The 96 there is a bit too beat for me, I want a pristine one.

I guess I'm picky, but I also have a very large budget.
I want an NA, I dislike the looks of the NB and the NC is too pigfat. I also don't feel like getting a loan on a ND since I'm only going to be driving the car like twice a week.

the mic is like right in the engine bay, it's not that loud.

NB is a -direct- upgrade and that includes looks.

I like the popups and I think that the NBs are kind of blobby and ugly. The NA has classic lines.

I know that the NB is technically a better car, same with the NC and ND, but I prefer the NA. With my budget I should be able to get one that fits my needs, but it's basically impossible from my 9 month long experience now. I've test driven 14 different Miatas, all of which had various issues ranging from being grossly overpriced with zero wiggle room to looking clean in photos while being a rust bucket.

lolwut. The NA looks like a bar of soap whereas the NB actually has design

It's all subjective, kys

I stumbled across a 1990 MX5 on craigslist.

How are these things in the winter? As a 6'3 fat guy will I have enough space?

I feel like I may not be a good fit for it, but these things always look so nimble and happy.

Good to know that it rips even in the low 200s, that's my goal. Maybe 220-230 and hopefully responsive.

This is correct. I even own an NA. I recently went to a meet and saw the curves of the NB up close. I really like how the fenders are pumped a bit. Looks like an FD

I just personally dislike the looks of the NB. I prefer the NA, it's my personal preference. That's why I want one, not some arbitrary nonsense about paying too much for one when I could get a NB or NC. Sure I could buy one of those and be somewhat happy with it, but the ideal car in my eyes is a mint NA.

Daily reminder that miatas are gay and only fags drive them. There literally isn't a single person in your own community and doesn't desire a z4 instead

What miata related YouTube channels do you watch? Pic related and Taylor Raye are my favorites. Also Garage Quinn Motors is pretty good

>wanting a pigfat, overpriced, unreliable bmw

I didn't realize Z4s were the most raced car any given weekend

bump

I can buy a 2008 Porsche Cayman for less than a new ND costs. I think I'm just gonna wait a few years and buy an ND for 15-20k

Anybody here turbo'd? How much did it cost you and what kind of setups are you running?

Don't have it anymore but I used to have a boosted, built miata. Turbo was a Garret t3, flying miata everything else (except intercooler). 1000cc injectors, ford 8.8 rear end. I forgot what brand/size my pistons were but they were built. Stage 3 clutch, e85, full cage, coilovers, hard top. Megasquirt pnp was the best ecu. Total cost for everything was ~$5k in parts. Most expensive things were the tuning and paying the machine guy to do the engine work.

See:

Thecarpassionchannel is best miata channel. Just watch out for the pedo stache

act like a wasteman das not me

ricermiata

What happened to it?

see
prob in it for 5-6k in parts. plus the car, etc.

If my end result is going to be a turbo miata, would it make more sense to just get 04/05 MazdaSpeed with the factory turbo and play with that or just turbo a NA or NB?

No point in starting with a mazdaspeed. You'll replace every single piece of the factory turbo set up when you do a real turbo.

If you wanna be really sly, read up on emissions laws, etc, in your area for inspection. In my case, getting a '95 means it's OBD1 and I don't have to deal with putting the factory ECU back in for emissions testing.

This, I own an NB but I bought mine because it was the best deal around. 3.5k for a '00 with 63k miles from a friend's dealership. No one buys these cars to get the best out of them, you buy a miata because you want a miata.

What do you guys think?

boston.craigslist.org/nos/cto/5881223388.html

oh god, the rust
it's like it's been in a sea of salt

definitely not worth the 1500$
scrap tier, should be put out of it's misery and quick before the rust spreads on the other cars

>boston.craigslist.org/nos/cto/5881223388.html

I hope you're a great welder. That thing is going to need a whole lot of new metal.

buy this instead

newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/5866406198.html

saw it in person and its mint

why didn't you get it?

>NC is too pigfat

FUCK YOU GUY

YOU HAVE NO MIATA

YOU DONT GET TO TALKSHIT

>the NB is technically a better car, same with the NC and ND

make up you are mind miata-less faggot

nothing happened to it because the faggot never owned a car

because i have a miata already.

im looking for a second car for the winter.

tfw the indian or Paki fuck running openflash actually celebrates thanksgiving and wont email my custom map

guess i'll just wait

tfw you will never have a super20 rep because the faggots at mazda custom made the fang foglights and did some crazy fabrication on the bumper bar behind them

also because the Cosworth™ rebranded flyinmiata™ supercharger isnt worth a fuck and needs a multitude of upgrades/mods right out of the box just to make reliable power

Oh shit, another serious turbo build showed up in here.

I'm going to have mine running again by the end of the year if it kills me. Just slapped a bigger FPR on it, got a Walbro 255 waiting to go in, needs a software update for the GM ignition, and the rear subframe jacked back in, and it's on the road.

Fucking hype, this car kills, and it'll be good (maybe) for 170mph with the new rear end.... after the suspension and tune gets dialed in.

>170 in a miata
holy shit

>170mph

>170mph

>watch mah viatnamese cartoons
>suddenly a miata

Nice.

Guys, is this worth the money? I am really tempted.
blinkmotorsport.com/?page_id=302

>170mph

I made the edit.

That's gearing-wise; we'll see if it has the power but I'm optimistic. Front-end goodies pictured.

>£1250
>BLiNK Optimized™ Cylinder Head
lmao some shit company
>Reground Piper Cams
lmao literally chinese cams reground by retarded brits
>Megasquirt DIYPNP
lmao the only decent part of the package
>Innovate LC-2 Wide Band Lambda Sensor Kit
unnecessary expense
>+ 50 hp
>£1250
wow its expensive AND shitty

wont make it past 150

Post alternatives.

alternatives to a half assed NA build?

fuck no

do your own research faggot

Already did 150 no problem on the old setup and shorter gearing. Looking for 300rwhp and it has 3.63 rear end in it.

Shit, a bone-stock NA8 will do 120.

i thought the NA was aerodynamically limited to ~145-150

prove it faggot

i can claim my miata does 175 but it DOESNT MATTER WITHOUT PROOF

gee thanks

That's some serious shit.

Dont listen to this guy, ricermiata is a broke shit hick and cant put any good videos out because of it.

most of this board absolutely must be spoonfed

HELP

YOUR

SELF

if you can shitpost here
you can use google and make your own opinions

Are you the same fag that I talked to about my Montego Blue with 72k miles? If so, well, still here in NJ.

If a different person, lets get to talking. No rust. Anywhere. New Robbins blue canvas top with glass window. Completely stock besides wheels and suspension. Timing belt done. Coil pack done. Spark plugs, oil, air filter, etc etc all changed in past few months. New undertray. Lot more stuff if you're interested.

>I want a pristine one.
nvm

>that bumper
>those wheels

"Aerodynamically limited" simply means you run out of power before you run out of gears. A stock Miata can't go faster than about 125 because it doesn't have enough power to overcome air resistance. If you add power, it becomes "gearing limited" at about 145 by hitting the rev limiter in its highest gear. You can add a few to that with a different tire size and rev limiter, provided of course that you have enough power.

disgusting

>"Aerodynamically limited" simply means you run out of power before you run out of gears

you can stop at any time, kid

Not spending 1500 for original Mazda BBS lightweight wheels. I'm probably going to get ebay BBS center caps at some point anyway
The bumper has birdshit on it, yes?
Post your Miata then m8

k?

was meant for you
you are car is a slow floppy shitbox with ugly wheels

call my car fat, call it ugly
its faster every single day of the week than yours

with lights down NA miata is actually decently areodynamic for a roadster, and supposidely becomes even better when you modify the rear bumper or so i heard

it's more about stuff like short wheelbase that's unoptimal in really high speeds

>hating on classic bbs wheels

fits miata nicely
aside from these fucking bmw badges of course

Oh I'm sure it's faster than mine by miles.
I think NCs look good.
I think for the year they're pretty light too.

My Miata is very, very slow, but my butterfly brace, memerin door bushings and front subframe brace make it pretty stiff.
Wheels are taste, I for one don't like RPF1s, and prefer the look of 6ULs.

I don't think speed is all that matters, though. I love driving it. I love getting hektic on late nights with the heat on and the window cracked open. I love popping my headlights up every time I see another Miata, of any gen. I love spending hours detailing every single surface on it, inside and out. Since when did /mg/ get so much infighting?

They're BMW E30 Basketweaves, in case people think I bought BBS wheels and stuck a BMW badge on them.

Don't listen to the hate, man. Your car is nice, all tasteful and shit.

>pretty stiff
lol
>don't like RPF1s
your opinion doesnt matter

> I love driving it
cool

one hundred and seventy miles per hour!

Well, I'm sorry I wasn't shooting video to prove myself to some guy on Veeky Forums who can't believe a Miata could break into triple digits.

>can't believe a Miata could break into triple digits.

thats dumb
your dumb

>one hundred and seventy miles per hour!

>supposidely becomes even better when you modify the rear bumper or so i heard

this is the problem with being a car enthusiast

half of you ruin your car
the other half "heard a guy once say something, maybe"

yes, the rear bumper becomes a parachute over 80
but thats IF youve removed your rear exhaust portion

you arent a ricer with a modified exhaust are you?

Kek