/rlg/ - roguelike general

Cute edition

>Poschengband 5.0.3 released
release notes: angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=8133
download here: sites.google.com/site/poschengband/

>Shared DCSS online account.
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on CXC).
Remember, it's not fun if you didn't splat hard!

>FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/nXBycdgR

>Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

angband.oook.cz/ladder-show.php?id=19957
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Ohayou gozaimasu, /rlg/!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's play our best today!

a woo

at least were not as cancerous as pic related

What was the most glorious trainwreck of a splat you've had?

trying to obsidian axe tiamat

I miss the old days of finding weird as fuck servers.

Cerebov and Gloorx Vloq showing up on the orb run.

>tfw you never play tf2 again
>tfw no tf2 roguelike
feels bad

>Basically, instant death effects like Snuff Out will now be described as and act like "all or nothing" attacks with X Power, worded something like "100 Power attack, but misses if the damage would not be fatal."

>*Exterminate: 130 Power

>* - As far as I remember, there is no actual way for Exterminate to appear in the game at the moment.

That's a new ability. Does anyone have any idea what type it could be? I'm betting it's a body-type ability.

I think I've had enough of *hacks, crawl, brogue, IA, OWH+ and it's time to finally try some grindy bloat *band

should I go with Angband or with some fork?

PCB. I dropped my food in my house before entering the "Royal Crypt" quest so I'd have more room for loot.

The only exit from the level is a staircase past like 4 drujes who are all in line of sight at once.

For the drujes I had to basically just show up, spam android rockets and staves of healing, and hope I managed to kill one before any of them cast anything too nasty. If/when I failed to get one I had to wait for my staves to recharge.

But all that waiting for staff recharge meant I eventually ran out of time -- I started starving to death.

My only food was outside the quest, back in my home. But to leave I had to get past the drujes. And to get past the drujes I needed to not be starving so I could actually rest for hp.

PCB is what you play if you don't want to play any other *band ever again

vanilla angband isn't particularly grindy or bloated

play pseudoellimpaposchengband

>play pseudoellimpaposchengband
sorry, I don't know that meme

isn't that the game about rolling jellies into a ball?

damage split between light/dank

what

With exorcist's mien and demon's mien, that would be really powerful versus things like ikiryo. That seems redundant, though, because snuff out and expel already benefit greatly from those passive abilities.

seriously though what do you mean with this pseudopcb thing, google doesn't know

Couldn't you just recall out? You'd fail the quest, but it sounds like you were doing that anyway.

Sil

D**M the roguelike, some old version where regeneration happened on every aut spent, without cooldowns.
Sharpshooter with a modded blaster or some nano-modded pistol.
Entered Mortuary, shot some dudes, ran out of ammo.
Ran out of ammo.
On regenerating pistol.
That means I was shooting non-stop at

hahaha "Why would i need this rod of recall? I'll just leave it in the house so I have more space for loot. If shit goes bad I can always leave out the staircase I came in on, right?"

I think the royal quest is the only (?) quest where you don't start on the staircase out.

it doesnt have an "mpa" in it
google pseudoelliposchengband

there are no windows binaries so I'll just try sil

pro tip: files with the extension "dot e x e" are, in fact, windows binaries

I don't believe you

.scr are too which is great
shitty spammers love to send .scr files and call them "screenshots"

i cant bring myself to play crawl anymore
what do i do
shuld i buy drkest dungeo?

What da fug. I just downloaded pseudoellimpaposchengband 5.03, and they completely changed the creation menu into this abombination. Is it possible to change the game so it displays the old screen instead of this garbo?

>Playing Crawl as a demonspawn
>Get immunity to fire clouds
Yeah okay this is alright
>Get the mutation that turns all blood into fire clouds
Holy fuck this is fucking awesome

darkest dungeon is the best game I've played in past few years, but you are not allowed to discuss it here if you decide to buy it

>felid berserker, 33 ev

>cornered in long hallway by centaur warrior

>53% chance to confuse with wand

>fails 6 fucking times in a row, i die

FUCK IM MAD

FUCKING CUNT DIDN'T MISS ONCE EITHER

angband.oook.cz/ladder-show.php?id=19957
>that axe
>that damage versus evil
Holy shit.

New interface is better. Stop fighting against progress, you luddite.

Gimme some ideas, I have to win Sil as a Nogrod dorf and idk what to smith at the 100 forge

did u have blink

download version 5.0.2

chris changed the character creation screen in 503

No, and I was so fucking pissed it didn't matter. I WANTED TO CONFUSE HIM, EVEN IF IT COST ME MY LIFE.

/v/ told me its a roguelike though

just make a silmaril and bring it back to the surface wtf

Not really since Chris redid the whole thing completely for 5.0.3. I agree that it needs some tuning, but it is improvement, personally.

>smithing

lol

two rings of accuracy +2 and an amulet of the blessed realm +0

>dwarves
>making silmarils
laughing_feanorian_sluts.jpeg

That character is ridiculous.

Sil, Infra Arcana, Brogue, dynahack, forrays into norrendin

>one ring
>ringle
>antisummoning amulet
>gloves of tonberry AND gloves of mephistopheles

This is why you should use Chei at all times. No more horses to ruin your dreams.

>You can steal from NPCs in Cata now
>Try to steal something expecting it to be hard
>Literally can take anything with enough patience
why

Who even cares? Either befriend and trade it all away, threaten and kill them if they don't have a gun, or just grenade them from a distance and mop up the loop cause morale a shit.

does anyone have the pic of the stick figure dude riding ringle

The most obnoxious monster reward goes to...

magic mushrooms are pretty annoying but imo they are still preferable to fucking unmakers

Chaos tiles.

can you fuck lolis in Elona+?

deciding factor for whether I play it or not

Did you guys saw that doomrl's source code was released ?

How come there doesn't seem to be a single roguelike centered around modern infantry combat?

?

Fucking Unmakers and Chaos Tiles are worst.
Generally it is a !Recall the moment I detect them.

The answers are yes, yes, because CoDRL vanished into the ether.

Why would you save or want that?

sad to hear
also really surprising because you'd think modern shooters would be popular enough to warrant at least a single roguelike

i looked on the archive actually

>potion of recall

can someone explain this epic meme?

Time to program a class that rides weapons.

thanks

What did you use to search for it, if I may ask?

i just searched for "ringle"

the reply with the image didn't use the word but others in the thread did

God damn it, I thought I had the latest version of DoomRL downloaded but apparently I didn't. Anyone got a link for it pre-Bethesda neutering?

Thank you and god bless America.

>The answers are yes
as far as I've read you can only use them as mounts or something

is there more to it?

You can have sex with (prostitute yourself to) and marry anything in Elona+

alright i'm sold

the website is literally still up you retard

You don't actually have to (((prostitute))) yourself to your waifu. Just get a special skill called Squeeze which is basically Hugging and while you're Sleepy, make sure your waifu is adjacent to you while you're standing on a bed then you'll have an intense hugging session. Your waifu has unlimited hymen btw so it will always spawn a blood afterwards.

you're* waifu

My first brogue win. Achieved after I realized that brogue is vegan-friendly. I guess knowledge is power.

Had a great drop of ring of wisdom and staff of firebolt early on, then staff of poison, then staff of blinking, then staff of teamfights.
Oh and armor of undead immunity, which saved my life multiple times despite having crap stats otherwise (splint +2).

Got ifrit minion halfway, then wand-of-plenty'd him into 2. Both died on the same turn to a band of ogres they refused to cast spells on for some reason.
By the endgame I got a tentacle horror minion from regular restraints. He made my kokkoro all ahegao, but then died to a dragon.

Endgame is fucking intense. Though also incredibly RNG heavy. That staff of blinking was a life saver.

I don't know how to post a proper win screen - I don't see any way to get my inventory here and I didn't expect it to autowin without asking me first, so I just autowalked to the end.

Ifrits are kind of terrible. I've never found them to be much use.
>RNG heavy
Not really.

Usually people here take a screenshot with inventory open one tile away from the entrance.

Did you guys notice that Hat of the High Council was removed?

yes but now it's all "d**m" or "DRL"

you need a game where you can ascend as a pacifist
none of that nethack "make your pet kill everything for you" pacifism either

Doable in Sil, Brogue, TSL, and probably some others I can't think of right now.

>Usually people here take a screenshot with inventory open one tile away from the entrance.
OK, got it from the recording.

>Pacifism
>In brogue

incursion maybe?

used to be possible in dcss if you wanna go back a few versions

>The only exit from the level is a staircase past like 4 drujes who are all in line of sight at once.
or you know.
RECALL.

It's technically possible. I don't doubt that an early Teleport charm and staves/wands of [helps you avoid monsters] would be achievable by any decent player.

is there a strategy that doesn't involve dude rng lmao

IMO one should read the replies to a post before replying.

I don't even read the entire post before replying.

Doesn't look like it.

You can probably compensate for shit RNG and still win with very hard builds, but the risk of WOOOW I LITERALLY COULDN'T DO ANYTHING is inherent.

>20 hours
>93 potions of healing

That should not and is not in any way possible.

i just wanna win, man. i had a great run going and then an allied monkey that i freed on F1 decided to jihad a bloat that was in stealth mode behind a bush and i splatted

Favorite spells in DCSS?

>he doesn't know about the epic Obstruction+Tunneling wombo combo where you slowly ooze through the dungeon in an invulnerable shell of crystal