>Helpful links
pastebin.com/1GThtBUt
>"Hey guys what's the price on this piece of shit item"
poe.trade/
>Wiki
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_Wiki

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CHgXKLxWVio
poeplanner.com/AAQAAPMTBAB334rpAkuuGyXZW20ZEVA1uR1PpyuLegFv4veESFxrw23315uhGGpYB3gvfOVSr61Ku01n_N1fTLPQH-_r7BiP-lxAh8unm3WezxVObaXEnDIsvxXXhq5WY5f0l5VSUz1ff8aTJ76KoS8Rlg5ItzAmiBNtFAlsCyL0KwrrY7VIdoLIDMM6ieDmWJMfSRMDHl3yH0ERL6cIna4abPfBBAcfAjbF2CQi6ujWBbXC7CpbUuxDNnn2ytO0DOq6DXxXye-I-TfXz0mxwcUo-oLHHb4zhwPutNFtbOd02xoQe746fqFp2Lv8FX588JEHQnp6cAAAAAAA
poeplanner.com/AAQAAP0jAAB8A3UNfBEPEVAV1xbzGF0abBslHNwfGCL0JNgmPCepKU8qEyqNLL8vnTQKNbk22DdmOw08BTzvPV9GcUbXSRtJsUuuTLNR-1JTVkhWY1h3WOVaK1xrXl1fBF8qY_1mVGaeaPJsC20ZcYVyD3RVeuZ8g35Zf8aCm4MJhEiFbYV7hq6Mdo8aj0aRK5Mnl5WX9Jo7m6Gdrp48n9-hL6PypwinK6eUrJit8bQMtzG-isBmwcXDbcrTzRbQH9H91YHVptfP2CTZW9-K5CLpAuq66-7sGOw47FXvfO-I7-vxbPfB99f5N0V-Dlxq-kZSa3qQ-si_1Afcjd9t_EwAAAAAAA==
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

FIRST

>hc

got the beyond achievment in the last map I did, before they nerf them now lel.
GGG fun nerf detected.

downtime faptime

reminder that this is a sc ONLY general

off to a good league start

I will never understand why people play HC in a game with this much bullshit.

ill never understand treating a game this stupid as a "fun" sandbox

cause it's fun

a sandbox that still requires you to grind currency

>unable to connect to patching server

am I the only person that doesn't mind dying at all this league?

It's just so fun!

youtube.com/watch?v=CHgXKLxWVio
Woah... so this is the power... of DX11...

It's really not that bad. Anyone who tries can get to at least mid tier maps in hardcore.

It certainly would be if t was offline and had a pause button. As of now, I just keep seeing people who post screenshots of their lagspike deaths.

Just crafted a 326 es harmonium with 6% block. Converting to CI when server is back.

When is server back??

What's a fun non-meta non-streamer hardcore viable build?

Okay

Crit glacial hammer magic find.

It's fun *despite* the bullshit out-of-your-control deaths. If your connection is so instable you get those every other day, then you ought to play softcore for your sanity, probably yeah.

there's a currency dupe that pretty much makes legit currency

it's why their volume isn't at 9999 anymore like it was a couple days ago

Tremor rod + detonate totem senanigans. It's as hipster as it gets AND it works.

blight + xirgils

ball lightning. no joke.

Damn if you aren't trolling me these have to be the most hipster builds I've ever heard about for me

Max block Blade Vortex

Cluster traps + ball lightning + Sire of Shards.

kitavas feast static strike

Why don't CI-based pizzastick builds use Soul Mantle and SF?

>impregnation
>lolicon
>nakadashi
>sole female
>english

Just take your pick

having more totems doesnt really help except for bosses and they already die pretty fast anyway

I take lolicon and irrumatio

>impregnation
>lolicon
?????????

yeah if you manage to snag a Gifts From Above + Shattered Chains, you can stack so much magic find that white mods vomit out everything you could ever want.

yeah but

>free totem even if it's not as useful
>free extra socket for a support gem
>free spell damage
>even more free spell damage from soul mantle's effect

>lolis don't have wombs

Remember Shrapnel Shot?

Atleast Blight is usable to a point even if it's lackluster.

>getting cursed out the ass

shut up shitcrow

>Remember Shrapnel Shot?
>Atleast Blight is usable to a point even if it's lackluster.
Have you never leveled with SS? That shit is so good.

what the FRICK is this patch for? why did they interrupt my gaming?

This shit sounds almost viable.

CWC/scorching ray fix

>about to finally sell an item that's been sitting there for 5 days
>game goes down

Explain.

Blood magic scorching ray cwc firestorm chieftain

50% more essences

Whats a fairly safe build for first time HC? I cleared merciless for the first time as an earthquake barb with minimal deaths but it didn't feel that safe, specifically on bosses and breaches.

Sunblast + Cheap Construction means you're free from the Saboteur ascendancy to get your traps to trigger together.

Enjoy!

If I'm leveling a bow character I usually set it up with a Storm Cloud/Tempest and steamroll through everything with Split Arrow, so no I haven't. Are you serious?

>minimal deaths
die as much as you want, it doesnt matter, just like your irl

>Are you serious?
It's better than SA for levelling imo.

100% pierce = murder packs instantly no matter their size. Identical setup with Storm Cloud.

What do you take if no Saboteur though? Trickster or Occultist for defenses?

so what's the most efficient way to farm breaches?
maps? dried lake?

So wait, does it simply add up to 100% reduced duration for instant detonation?

>even after all the plastic surgery they are still ugly
dumb chinks

>FRICK
Is your mommy gonna ground you if you say FUCK on the internet?

Basically yeah. IIRC there's a slight delay but it's been a while since I used it.

>What do you take if no Saboteur though?
Pretty well anything that suits your fancy. My main problem with Sab. is that it has some of the shittiest defensive options of any ascendancy, so I tend to go Trickster to make up for that.

Trickster also gets the big mana buff to deal with how seriously mana intensive six linked cluster traps can be.

Yes. With two Cheap Constructions, this is how it works.

Does the pierce really help with ES builds? I'm not really happy at how the Shadow part of this tree turned out, between other things.
poeplanner.com/AAQAAPMTBAB334rpAkuuGyXZW20ZEVA1uR1PpyuLegFv4veESFxrw23315uhGGpYB3gvfOVSr61Ku01n_N1fTLPQH-_r7BiP-lxAh8unm3WezxVObaXEnDIsvxXXhq5WY5f0l5VSUz1ff8aTJ76KoS8Rlg5ItzAmiBNtFAlsCyL0KwrrY7VIdoLIDMM6ieDmWJMfSRMDHl3yH0ERL6cIna4abPfBBAcfAjbF2CQi6ujWBbXC7CpbUuxDNnn2ytO0DOq6DXxXye-I-TfXz0mxwcUo-oLHHb4zhwPutNFtbOd02xoQe746fqFp2Lv8FX588JEHQnp6cAAAAAAA

why are ex and fusing so cheap compared to chaos in bhc

I remember ex being like 45:1 and fuse being 2:1 last time I played

It it just how early in the league it is?

>Does the pierce really help with ES builds?
It helps with:
"Allies can not die" totems and rares.

That's about it. It is a nice quality of life buff, but not needed.

The blade flurry gem reads "20% more damage for each stage"
does that double dip poison and bleed?

do you know what double dipping means?

Pierce really does help a lot. Even disregarding the "other allies can't die" shit, there will be a million situatons where your ED stops on a bulky enemy and won't spread as fast as it should. Pierce helps in always getting a good target.

What does your common sense tell you?

Yes.
Yes. If they didn't want it to double dip then it would specify "20% more attack damage" like how Flameblast specifies that it is only more spell damage per stage.

Should I play poe or masturbate to bailey jay?
odds - evens.

haha, sucker is stuck playing with the rest of us

obviously its local

This is wrong.

There are 4 damage types in PoE, each being mutually exclusive with the others, so any given damage increase for any would not apply to the others, unless explicitly stated. For example, spell damage applies to DoT for Essence Drain, Contagion, Vortex, Blight, Scorching Ray.

Blade Flurry more damage per stage does not "double dip", not more than Earthquake's aftershock does. It does exactly what it says, more (attack) damage per stage, it cannot affect any DoT resulting from the attack.

>obviously
nothing is obvious about that.

poeplanner.com/AAQAAP0jAAB8A3UNfBEPEVAV1xbzGF0abBslHNwfGCL0JNgmPCepKU8qEyqNLL8vnTQKNbk22DdmOw08BTzvPV9GcUbXSRtJsUuuTLNR-1JTVkhWY1h3WOVaK1xrXl1fBF8qY_1mVGaeaPJsC20ZcYVyD3RVeuZ8g35Zf8aCm4MJhEiFbYV7hq6Mdo8aj0aRK5Mnl5WX9Jo7m6Gdrp48n9-hL6PypwinK6eUrJit8bQMtzG-isBmwcXDbcrTzRbQH9H91YHVptfP2CTZW9-K5CLpAuq66-7sGOw47FXvfO-I7-vxbPfB99f5N0V-Dlxq-kZSa3qQ-si_1Afcjd9t_EwAAAAAAA==

Hows my build look? Gonna be using orb of storms to proc overload.

Guess that part stays in.
No other glaring faults with that tree?

>more (attack) damage per stage
the gem does not say more attack damage.
it says more damage.
Flameblast says more spell damage so that obviously doesn't double dip.

>fuck yes wasteland drops, first t11
>chiselalchvaal it
>turns to fucking crematorium

AhahahahaHAh 2bh fml famalamz

not to a retard maybe

>There are 4 damage types in PoE, each being mutually exclusive with the others
spell
attack
physical
elemental
fire
cold
lightning
chaos
ignite
burn
poison
damage over time
4?

>No other glaring faults with that tree?
Profane Bloom corpse explosions prevent Contagion from spreading sometimes.

You're just obsessing over the wording which may or may not be consistent, or arbitrarily kept simple because the underlying mechanics doesn't really interest someone reading the gem description.

In any case, that's not how it works, nor how it ever worked. So you can be upset the description is not accurate, but you have your answer.

don't forget area!

I should have said "damage sources" to be more precise, you can break them down in 4 categories: attack, damage over time, spell and secondary.

Hell, I've heard of this bug going so far ago I thought it was fixed.

The only major damage types that function differently in PoE are;

Hit
Degen

Everything else is just a tag on one of those two.

>increased elemental + fire damage can easily get to 300% or more
>causes ignite to deal 80% of the damage of the hit per second instead of 20%
>this is sensible, understandable, and balanced
>vortex specifies that spell damage applies to DoTs
>this extends to secondary DoTs caused by it even though they aren't actually part of the spell
>this is sensible, understandable, and balanced
>blade flurry specifies that it deals more damage when you charge it up
>That's obviously broken and you'd have to be a retard to assume that it extends to secondary effects
wow ebin memes bro.

lots of ways to get 5/6L means fusings are less valuable

not many people are doing metamod crafting or crafting GG items so exalts go down, too

Does anyone have a fix for this shit? Literally only started with Breach, the game has ran perfectly for 3 years otherwise

>You're just obsessing over the wording which may or may not be consistent
it kinda needs to be consistent because GGG tries their damnedest to hide numbers from us.

does blade flurry even need to double dip in the first place though, honestly? I just started using it and it's literally cruise control with a tree like this and two daggers
www.poeurl.com/UtA

yeah uninstall

>melee
xD

You know what's consistent? Mechanics. If damage over time works a certain way, it will always work that certain way, unless exceptions are made, such as the cases of spells like ED. Unless that exception is explicitly stated ("Modifiers to Spell Damage apply to this skill's Damage Over Time"), you just assume it works the regular old way. This isn't a new case either, as I said it never double dipped for EQ either, it just happens to be a pseudo double-dipping if you include bleeding and Vulnerability. BF's more damage double dipping on poison would make it an even more monstrous skill and it really doesn't need any more damage scaling.

>does blade flurry even need to double dip in the first place though
how is that relevant to anything? so many things in this game are busted as fuck and as players we are working to try and find out what parts are the most broken and abuse the shit out of them to win. That's literally the entire point of the game.

>free
>free
>FREE
>FREE
>free
>free
>free
>free
>free
>free
>free
>FREE
>free
>free

Why do people hate Zeno? I know about the "thx for scam" deal, but there's definitely more to it than that, I wasn't into PoE when he was that active on twitch.

Because it already does oneshot damage, what does it benefit from with double dipping anything more

on the podcast with chris wilson he spent half the time talking about lore conspiracy's

but it's not a modifier to attack damage. the only argument you have is precedent and i don't see any documentation anywhere of earthquake's aftershock not double dipping bleed or poison effects.