What are Veeky Forums's thoughts on pic related?

What are Veeky Forums's thoughts on pic related?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BqHsAs5UDRU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Better than Camry.
/thread

The shitbox japmobile has come a long way.

You can't /thread your own post faggot.

When they first came out with that body style, I thought they did a real nice job of making a 3rd gen TL knock off.

I've worked on a few of them over the years and, desu, i like them alot. Not too powerful, but the interior is classy albiet kinda cheap feeling to the touch, and the heated steering wheel is super nice on cold days.

I'd still rather drive a used TL or IS350 though because Korean.

KIA's designs have gotten a lot better since they hired away Audi's designers. Originally they were all copies of Audi designs, but now they're starting to resemble others from Japan. They look better, but still Korean.

I expect in about 5 years they will attain their own signature design language right as their quality eclipses Honda. They will then to be a force to be reckoned with. Until then my money stays in my wallet.

I hate most Korean cars as a general rule but I really like the 2011+ Optima's.
Fun fact: To promote the new Optima, Kia put their money where their mouth is and entered the Optima in the Pirelli World Challenge in the GTS class.
BTW, the GTS class they entered contains Camaro's, Mustang's, CTS-V's, Maserati's, Porsche's, and other famed high dollar sports cars.
And the fucking thing did well. This big FWD mom sedan managed to put the hurt on a bunch of the biggest sports car names in the business on the racetrack.

For that reason alone, I would recommend an Optima Turbo to anyone.
youtube.com/watch?v=BqHsAs5UDRU

Well, the Optima SX is certainly a nice car. Good power, nice options standard, somewhat uncommon, good ride, nicer interior. For the same price, though, you could get a WRX Limited or an optioned up WRX Premium.

I guess it's down to priorities. The Optima SX is almost more of a competitor to the GTI as a refined, smooth FWD DD machine with a sporting character whereas the WRX is more of a economy AWD sports sedan that you can dress up a little bit with leather.

I just can't do it. I have an internal disgust of Korean chaebols and it brings a distrust of them along with it. That said, they are finally designing cars that aren't horrible to look at, and that actually are decent cheap cars. Hopefully their radio systems are better now because the one I've used in a 2011 Soul was absolutely infuriating as connecting to it resets random settings on my phone.

>comparing a 2011 soul to a 2017 optima.

Never change Veeky Forums

Shitty mid-sized sedan.

OP's picture is not 2017.

KIAs are for those who don't like cars, but need one. It is an appliance for the soulless, like a Camry.

But if you want just an A to B toaster, go for it, it has a good warranty. They are definitely better than a few years ago.

Do you have lap times for this? I'm interested on how they actually did.

Kia tech here....I actually like them, considering buying one for myself for gas mileage/daily driver to keep the miles off of my mustang.

Very very few problems with kia's in general, especially the optima models. Biggest thing with the optima's is the rubber coupling for the electric power steering goes bad and causes a slight "thunk" in the steering when you turn, but the 15's and 16's have the updated coupling from the factory, and the rest are under a customer satisfaction recall anyways(free fix).

They drive good, look good(for a normal, 4-door car), interiors are pretty nice and comfortable, low maintenance and very few problems, good gas mileage with all engines, the turbo 2.0 isn't a speed demon by any means, but gives it a sporty feel. Would recommend you go test drive a newer optima and see for yourself

I have the 2013.

If you need a sedan, its a good sedan. Good aftermarket. Simple construction, easy to work on, cheap parts. Cavernous engine bay. Veeky Forums will hate because it's not a racecar.

I've worked on a few. The interior seems to turn to poo pretty quickly.

Just got a 2013 with 54k miles on it, anything I should look at or keep in mind?

2.4L NA sadly.

The slightly attractive Normie Machine.

Smack a FAT turbo on that thing and it's fast as fugg

Nothing really special... Use decent oil and change your oil on time, check your owner's manual for the scheduled maintenance items and when to do them. Check in with the dealer to make sure there are no recalls/customer Satisfaction/service actions open on your car(the steering coupling I mentioned, updates, ect).

Considering doing that to mine but I'm also pondering just getting a second car instead and fucking with that

it IS the DD after all.

kia car salesman here, just sold one of the last 2016 SXLs on our lot and I'm actually kind of hype to get some 17s on hand.
still, I'll be honest knowing kias past reputation, and having not been into cars before starting selling a year ago I'm constantly learning what makes car buyers tick. do any of you mind sharing some insight to your thought processes on how you did or did not decide to start looking at the brand?

>soulless
don't worry I've got you covered