Give me your best argument for Rear-Wheel-Drive

What's the best way to make a skeptic see the light that RWD is superior?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zoICf55jED8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

do some sick skidz

Simple, take them to the skid-pan.

RWD isn't superior though. AWD is better for performance in virtually every aspect. FWD is better for inclement weather and the only department RWD exceeds in is handling versus a FWD

Most front wheel drive cars are set up to understeer like crazy, which is safe and predicable. Want to actually learn how to drive at the limit? Then get a rwd car and learn how to drive. I've taken my stock Miata into a ditch more than once fucking around but now I'm not afraid of real cars because I learned how to handle the car when the rear end breaks loose. A fwd car or an awd can also be set up to be just asr ear end happy but they often are not and still aren't as controllable when they break loose. Fancy awd systems are the exception because they can be the best of both worlds.

Aren't most AWDs really heavily front-biased though?

There's not really any point to AWD on asphalt. The weight of the front diff, extra axles, extra drive line etc hurts the car's performance more than it helps

Dirt is a different story of course.

Well the shit on your mom's RAV4? Yeah not real AWD. Lancer evos and STis have 50:50 split but can vary that bias forward or rearward.

>RWD isn't superior though. AWD is better for performance in virtually every aspect.
Only RWD-biased AWD and even fucking FWD edges AWD out under about 250-300hp.

I still don't have a good argument in favor of RWD other than "it's what race cars use"; Dammit I want to know WHY it's what race cars use!

Rearward weight bias of MR allows extremely quick and agile steering.

Also when a rwd car accelerates it presses the drive wheels into the ground, yielding greater grip

Rwd also allows you to steer with the throttle mid corner

>Rwd also allows you to steer with the throttle mid corner
So does FWD though to a lesser extent

youtube.com/watch?v=zoICf55jED8

Seriously though.
FWD: Understeers more commonly than a RWD car will oversteer; said understeer is a lot harder to correct and NEVER desirable. Also lmaotorquesteer
RWD: Oversteer is easily correctable and induced intentionally to drift
AWD: see:

Not with a fucking miata fag

Take your sexual insecurity back to Veeky Forums

I see what you did there

Wouldn't having less weight on the front wheels make steering *less* responsive?

No, the front has less mass (and inertia) so it takes less force the tires to push it to the right or left. The comparatively heavier rear just follows and swings to the side a small amount, which allows tighter cornering without understeer. On a MR, the rear tires steer just as much as the fronts.

plain and simple

Oversteer

introduce them to drifting or hillclimb.

Most other sports are ruled to be RWD if they have RWD cars.

If youre looking at a miata, those are shit really and its just Americans who have a hard-on for them.

Pic related, theres another 5 MX5's on here that are so far down compared to everything else.

>why race cars use

First, on corner exit you are using the front tires to do two things.
1) Turn
2) Accelerate

In a RWD the rear tires are used to accelerate. which leaves you more grip on the front tires.

RWD also allows for a lower engine mount without using extra moving parts or really weird engine placement.

RWD also allows for the engine to be mounted further back with smaller frontal profile (minimising bodywork and aero drag).

Every other poster is stupid.

The only argument you need for RWD is one word long.

Fun.

miatas are gay and you should feel gay

t. busrider

Weight transfer.

>Adds negligable grip on dry asphalt
>Adds considerable weight
AWD is only better in situations where grip isn't as prevalent.

holy shit, it's this third worlder retard again, who thinks that some amateur racing series is any indication of how good the car actually is

you got btfo once, it's time to stop

FWD cars are, in most circumstances, less likely to lose control in rain or snow or whatnot. But try controlling one once it does. I can hop in my truck and drive down main street sideways at a steady pace. You'd be lucky to get a FWD car in a stable sideways drift for any period of time.

Most AWD systems in cars suck dick anyways and they're FWD until the car decides the rear wheels need power and you get 3-4 seconds of AWD, not to mention the weight, power loss, points of failure, and complication that an AWD system comes with.

RWD makes for more interesting crashes when the driver runs out of talent.

>got btfo once
When? by who?
i seem to recall excuses about how "its only good when modified" and "but those cars are JDM" and "butt type-r" (Protip; no type R in this league)

But nope, no actual reasons why the MX5 is apparently superior to ever other car on that list despite losing on both paper and in real life.

Hey, im open to suggestions, perhaps you have some golden idea of why the MX5 is actually better despite everything else saying otherwise.

Not the fag you replied to, but

> MX5 is apparently superior to ever other car on that list despite losing on both paper and in real life

I call upon the infinite wisdom of Clarkson when he compared the MP4-12C to the Ferrari and said that even though the Ferrari lost at everything, it was simply the better car to drive.

you post results from a racing series that has a clause that says your car can't cost more than $2000

miatas in good condition don't cost 2000$
same reason why mr2 has such shit results

also, no mods
you don't actually need to modify much for the miata to be good, but the stock suspension is too soft for track use

and again, amateur racing series is no indication of how good the car actually is anyway

oooh a new one.... from 4 years ago. Early rule no longer in effect because it was stupid.

MR2 has shit results because its pigfat compared to the rest of that lineup. Also nobody wants to buy those unreliable shitheaps that eat main bearings like candy.

Also even when modded, equally modded car will still beat an MX5. Thats like arguing that "if my car had more mods than you it would be faster" no shit sherlock.

Racing in group 3 is probably a bad indication, group 1 where everyone is paying serious money for these cars with fresh tires and regular rebuilds / overhauls? Thats a good indicator because if the MX5 was faster everyone in group 1 would be buying them the same thing happened to the pug 205. one appeared, won some races, then we had 5 of the fucking things appear.

As it stands, the integra and pug 205 are still the most sought after cars.

>oooh a new one.... from 4 years ago. Early rule no longer in effect because it was stupid.

let me quote directly from the site
>For those that have not heard of 2K Cup, in short, buy a production road car for under $2000, make sure it fits the rules (no turbo or rotary, and keep it under 2000cc) get a race licence then go racing!

>Also even when modded, equally modded car will still beat an MX5. Thats like arguing that "if my car had more mods than you it would be faster" no shit sherlock.

can't you read you retard? i didn't say anything about fully modding the car, i only mentioned the suspension
the difference is a miata will greatly benefit from suspension upgrade, meanwhile 205 gti not so much since it already has springs more fit for track use

>Racing in group 3 is probably a bad indication, group 1 where everyone is paying serious money for these cars with fresh tires and regular rebuilds / overhauls? Thats a good indicator because if the MX5 was faster everyone in group 1 would be buying them the same thing happened to the pug 205. one appeared, won some races, then we had 5 of the fucking things appear.

no you retard, benchracing is no indication of anything

>As it stands, the integra and pug 205 are still the most sought after cars.

in some shitty amateur racing series
also, that's because rotards and type r aren't allowed

No, FWD allows you to stop slipping using the throttle.

Only in a static situation. In a dynamic situations, weight will shift over to the front during braking, which will add grip. Weight shifts rearward during acceleration, which means in a perfect situation, you only want RWD because in that perfect situation 100% of the weight, and thus the normal force, and thus the grip, is at the rear.

>lmaotorquesteer
That's not a problem caused by FWD. It's a problem caused by uneven length driveshafts. Saab's longitudinal FWD solves the problem of torquesteer because it has equal length driveshafts.

Take your Miata back to /lgbt/

>le projecting

you're a faggot, im not projecting because the people who buy miatas are homosexuals

miatas are gay. If you buy one, you're instantly a nu male fag

Kek

It does not make a damned bit of difference until the tires lose traction, then it 's just about how the car acts in those 1% situations when you're losing control of the car.

Take that shit to the track. Muh drifting is not for the street, kiddies. Reckless driving is a thing, and you should lose your license for that crap.

>audi TT new and old
wew lad