Want a truck

i'm in the market for a new truck. what does Veeky Forums recommend? two (2) of my friends have a GMC denali and another CHEVY Z71 and those trucks are fucking sick!

but i'm leaning more towards toyota because of reliablity. but they are not as nice. PLEASE HELP

Other urls found in this thread:

247wallst.com/autos/2016/05/04/ford-f-150-sales-hit-250000/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

F150

There is a reason why they've beat all comers in sales for decades.

why do you want a truck? so your penis looks big to your friends? do you actually tow or haul stuff in the bed multiple times per week?

Because they break and need replacing every 2-4 years and fleet sales.

and because they lump all f-series into one category. f-150-750

Nope

247wallst.com/autos/2016/05/04/ford-f-150-sales-hit-250000/

cause i never owned one. the extra cargo space can come in handy and the height is nice too

eat shit
im pulling the brakes on ford shilling on Veeky Forums

yes the ford is going to be your best bet
but fuck

I own a Z71 Silverado and it's great. But do you really, actually have use for the thing?

I have a 26ft trailer, need it to haul servers/racks around, and got the crew cab because family. The reason I got a Z71 is because I frequently drive in inclement weather and, whenever I can, go out to my hunting lease which has no actual road.

But there's a tradeoff for all of that. Fuel economy is truck-tier, It's expensive to buy because truck, and if you tow, maintenance is gonna be higher.

So do you actually need a full-size truck OP?
Or could you be happy with like a Tacoma or something?

Get you a square body and you can look twice as cool at half the price

checy fucked up the LS based truck engines with their timing faggotry
none of them are going to be hitting 220k or anywhere close without needed remanufactured heads
and only few places do this properly to boot

chevy hit the nail with gen 3 engines
they are worth ownoing and worth rebjilding.
the GM aftermarket for all parts, not just engine is phenomenal. this alone is why GM trucks win

even the bulletproof options for the 4L60 are unlike anything else.
chevy is really covered head to toe

>Tacoma

yeah those are nice too. they even come in stick compared to the others which dont.

You're not wrong. But once you throw a nice set of heads on there and beef up the tranny, you've got a truck that's ready to do just about anything.

Older trucks with LS based engines are easily modifiable, and it's not at all a stretch to get 400+horsepower out of them with natural aspiration.

I have heard horrible things about that manual in the Tacomas. Please do your due diligence.

no, it needs new heads because it needs new timing. not valves or seats. who knows what timing components will eat shit but most likely this will require an entire new head anyway.

the only other option would be to goback to gen3 and retune everything for the older engine.
good luck with that.

powersource is the only place even worth spending money for that

you are better off just buying 99-06 truck and restoring it
for about 10-12k you can have a truck which will go 150-200k without fault if you are really willing to put in the work and rebuild the entire driveline (including rear diff) and whatever else the truck needs.
lots of work but its fun and by far the best deal you can pretty much get on any vehicle in terms of value, let alone a truck

it will go an additional 150-200k ontop of the miles already present

>4l60
Topkek user.

The 4l80 is good. The 4l60 shouldn't be in any full size application.

Combine Sierra and Silverado and its virtually identical

Just got an 04 f150 for 6k not dissatisfied, 150k miles, i can tell ill need a new power steering pump in probably 20k miles but the 4.6 doesnt disappoint.
S M O O T H
M
O
O
T
H

Too bad you aren't.

>ass pained GM fangirl actually admitting Ford is the better product
Scteenshotted

4.6 Ford confirmed for GOAT engine.
5.4 not so much

you dont know shit
the 460 will haul a chinese factory full of children just fine.
you are stupid if you think the formula for bigger = better applies to transmissions in the same sense as it does with engines. trust me all the metal in a 460 is thick enough to haul trailers. just keep it cool

My zr2 s10 and s10 blazer would like a new transmission. Ma's trailblazer trans was rebuilt at 160k.

Literally garbage. The blazer made it to 180k as a daily. The zr2 is parked at 114k with a bad trans. Was a trail toy.

The 4l60e is junk.

>these anecdotes I made up counter your claim
I'm agree with the other guy. 4L60s are more than adequate, it's the retards operating them (ie; your family) that are the problem.
Just curious, is your second toe longer than your big toe?

Aside from the fact its a little bubbuh'd out its a good truck. Sticks and stones user.
The fucker taped the power wire to his aftermarket electric windows and unhooked them and put the crank back on when it corroded instead of soldering it on.
The lug nuts were bubbuh tight, i broke a socket with all my weight on the breaker bar trying to get them loose.

Air power son. Centrifugal force is a hell of a thing.

Chevy!

Pretty much never supposed to use an impact to put your lug nuts on.
Good way to kill yourself when them studs shear off at 75 mph.

I meant to get them off if they are that fucking stuck.

I always torque mine to factory spec with my torque wrench.

Oh.
I had run over a nail and i had to do it in a restaurant parking lot and the spare was no good so i had to run to the tire shop and get it mounted and come back. Luckily i have two cars. Yeah getting them off with an impact is pure sex.
>i took a picture for legal purposes if some kid decided to put his head between the frame and ground and wiggle the jack stands.

That would have been hilarious.
I need to rotate my tires...Actually, I need to get them replaced soon, but I don't have $1,000 laying around right now...Fuck the holidays.

just get a camaro or something if you want to cure your small penis syndrome

im tired of you concrete cowboy chodesmokers crowding every parking lot with your big boy toys

Rather happy with my 16 f150 purchase, the upgraded TCS systems and elockers make the tuck fantastic offroad.
Just don't get a black one unless you can live with a scratched to fuck truck.
The paint/clearcoat on the new aluminiums dont hold for shit.

Also you're making people who actually have use for trucks look bad...

Dallas is really bad about it. All the fucking pavement princesses.

that read like a brochure man, are you sure you are alive?

Right?
See if you can find a place with a 4 for 3 deal. I got some Hankook HT at pepe boys for significantly less than I expected to pay, $622 out the door and they only tried to talk me into replacing my new air filter.
>I asked them if they would do it for free then made the service manager feel bad when he said no because we've talked before

Isn't the 4L60e an electronically controlled version of the 700R4, which was considered frail to begin with?

I still like my TH400, but that's just me I guess.

This. Squarebody. My 85 gmc is the perfect mix of modern comforts(Power windows,heat,ac) and older truck style I believe. Sounds great too.

It is. The 4l60e was strengthened in 2002 after the 4l65e was introduced in 2000.

The 4l60e was extremely fragile before the 2002 update.

Supposedly replacing the servo with a corvette servo drastically increases the life of the transmission by increasing line pressure. You end up with harder shifts which isn't a desirable trait for a DD, but it's far better for the transmission.

It's a light duty transmission that should've never been used in towing applications.

The 4l80e is a successor of the th400.