Veeky Forums's thoughts on 2017 subaru impreza?

> MT
> awd
> available in hatch/sedan
> 2.0 liter boxer engine (152 hp)
> below $20,000

>shitty modern car design
>numb steering
>too many unnecessary safety features

With its gas mileage, you might as well get a WRX.

Yea they're "unnecessary" until you almost kill yourself in a wreck. "numb steering" its not a sports car and you haven't driven one to be fair so how do you know what its like? "shitty design" Totally subjective looks fine to me.

>2.0 liter boxer engine (152 hp)
Jesus Christ what is Subaru doing?

Just don't drive like a retard. You have a license, right?

I have a '16 outback with a 2.5i, 185hp. Drives fine. Even uphills.

unnecessary = lane departure warning, blind spot monitoring, automatic emergency braking with pedestrian detection. none of those would result in me almost dying. if i'm in a bad wreck I either want to be fine/minor injuries or killed. not maimed. I don't give a fuck about pedestrians, which is why the front is shit. It's an econobox. Why would I spend 18k on an econobox when a civic for 3k is just as good. You can't even get any good options with the manual trans either. It's got shitty non-independent rear suspension too.

Torque.
Reliability.

"drive fine" because you're a cuck that doesn't know what you're missing. What man willingly drives a crossover?

I get a lot of compliments on that car.

Not him. But outbacks are nice mang.
As are foresters.
You dont know what youre missing

from other normies and cucks.

nice how? outback is pigfat and has a shitty cvt with the good engine. forester is shit because cvt and no manual with the turbo.

> Muh purist experience in an econobox

Autism in it's visible form everyone.
Minus the lane departure warning which actually can be intrusive and annoying when nothing is wrong, blind spot monitoring is helpful if you need to do a quick lane change. You're also acting like everyone on the road is a great driver and retards don't cut in front of you or once in awhile run a red where the emergency braking can save your ass. I don't give a shit about pedestrians either, but I'd rather them not die or get crippled and have to go to court and shit for manslaughter or get sued.

>implying you're the least bit jelly

Is the only option cvt?
Either way i regularly road trip in a 2010 forester and its been comfy and reliable. Plus we take it into the mountains to my cabin and never have an issue in rocky or muddy or steep terrain.
Never misses a beat

Why do you need AWD with 150hp? The engine will bog down before you loose traction. That shit must be unbearably slow, I'm assuming it weighs 3800lbs.

27-38mpg

//thread

this is the problem.

Yeah, Right. I'll wait for real world mpg's not made up marketing bullshit. Subaru always bullshits their mpg ratings and they've always been thirsty pigs.

Why didn't they park in actual parking spaces

It's the only AWD in the cheap compact class. I would probably get it over a Mazda 3 just for that.

Your sure about that? WRX 2015 is marketed 27 mpg highway, but you usually get 30 mpg.

I have a 2016 WRX and I'm getting 21-22 MPG. Granted, I drive pretty hard and they're all city miles, but still.

Also, OP, you should get the WRX. You won't regret it.

Thats what I'm thinking. This subie or the mazda 3?

As a Subie guy, I'd probably go for the Mazda.

That said, my vote is for the WRX over both the Impreza and the 3.

This. WRX is great, even better with a Cobb AP.

>21-22 mpg
>4 cylinder engine making no power

Nice comprises ape

alot of an/o/ns think it's ugly, i think it's quirky and cool

go for it
and don't let any fagg/o/ts convince you otherwise

I'll stick with my 2013 model. No real reason to get another one unless I switch it out for a WRX. It's already saved me from three drivers not watching the road and wrecking into me.

>tfw actually kind of like the crosstrek

>I'm assuming it weighs 3800lbs.

No idea why you assumed that.

It's also 145lb torque. It's not a sports car, but it's punchy for an entry level econobox. The Civic and the Mazda 3 are the only ones that offer more, and the trade off is no AWD.

Lmao I have a 17 wrx and I drive like a jackass and I'm getting 16.5 mpg, I want to die but I can't keep my foot out of it

No turbo
No hatch
No fucking sale

edgy

>boxer engine
Dropped

Non-WRX/STI Imprezas have always been econoboxes you spergs.

Boxers have neither torque or reliability

There is a hatch though

Yeah but no Subaru is worth it without either a turbocharger or an H6

A two liter na should make atleast 200hp

Fuck off benchracer. Torque and reliability matter more than fucking HP/L (the worlds most useless metric) in an econobox.

CVT only in Australia. Jerks.

HP is not even metric.

Is this bait?